Life Skills

Life Skills Employer Reviews

Job culture is ok
Residential Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day is relaxed at life skills. I have learned to deal with a variety of different people. Management is ok. My coworkers are ok. The hardest part is dealing with all the different tasks that may be required. Seeing a client sucess
helping others with needs
cli (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2014
enjoyable when you get to know the clients and their personalities
Great Clients
Coordinator Living Instructor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2014
Pros: my clients and the bond we built together
Cons: management unprofessionalism
Greet my client ask and see if they have plans for the day/evening. Read the staff book see what the client did before I arrive.
Great Place to work
Program Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 30, 2013
The consumers always greet you with a smile no matter how their day is going. I have learned patience and respect for people with developmental disabilities. Honesty is the biggest key in management. My co-worker are great and enjoys their job. The hardest part of my job is trusting other people in the community to treat the clients I work with with – more... respect. The most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on the clients face. – less
A fun working enviorment out in the community
Community Living Instructor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 23, 2013
Pros: we got to be in the community.
Cons: no raise
I learned that you have to have patience when working in this field.
Social Services agency performing much-needed work in the community
Vice President of Marketing and Communications (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2013
Pros: flexiblity, heartfelt work, making a difference
Cons: limited financial and people resources making it difficult to meet expectations
Life Skills helps individuals with developmental disabilities - including autism - learn, live, work and participate in the community.

Co-workers were friendly.
Management was inconsistent.
Mission is much needed in the community.
Need some supervision
Community Living Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2013
Pros: gained experience
Cons: felt like an island, no supervision
The company seems to be falling apart from the top down. There never seemed to be any direction. No one worked together except for a few people on each team.
Hostile Working environment
Store Manager/Job Coach (Former Employee), Webster, MAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: benefits pto
Cons: lack of safety concern for individuals
This company does not focus on what is important and why we are all there. Their focus is mainly on making money instead of improving the quality of life for the individuals we serve.
Life Skills
Community Living Instructor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2013
Assist clients with daily living routine. Transport clients to dr. appointments and weekly activities. Management is okay. co-workers are fair
On a scale of 1-10 on benefits and pay and advancement I would rate it a 4.
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Ballwin Missouri/ Creve Coeur MOJune 24, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: compensation below average
Company is a flexible, and fun workplace environment. What I like most about the company is the flexible work schedule.
Compensation is below average.
There is not much opportunity for advancement.
Good Job Security
Community Living Instructor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2013
I love my job and what i do. the most difficult part is having reliable staff to trust and being on a wage freeze for the past 3 years hasn't been the most enjoyable.
This is not why you have a four year degree!
Supervisor (Former Employee), St. LouisMarch 7, 2013
Pros: dont have to be in early.
Cons: no balance with your home life!
You will be waking up in the middle of the night filling shifts and giving direct care to clients all the time!
Teamwork environment was great
Community Living Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: job never stops
This position takes someone who can multi task as various challenges come up throughout the day and you tend to have to put down what you are working on to deal with something else. My team of six worked well together. We always helped each other out when we needed it. Seeing your clients excell and doing new things that you helped them become a part – more... of is the best part of the job. The hardest part is you never turn this job off. You bring it home even when you are not on call. – less
Terrible place to work
community living instructor (Former Employee), moFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: the team you work with on a daily basis, u get each other through the day
Cons: healthcare, pay, management
What the company stan for is good but unfortunately they do not uphold those values. management is terrible, the pay is terrible and there is little to no advancement. management only cares about each other they do not care about direct care and they do not respect you. Do not work for this company
Loved working with clients
Residential Counselor (Full-time) (Former Employee), Clinton, MAFebruary 10, 2013
I liked working with the clients. activities such as take them out to socialize at the mall, walmart, target, and eat out also. I learned a lot about each individual and how important it is to love life.

Co-workers and management lacked in organization and responsibilities. There was always an issue with co-workers if they didn't do there job they – more... blamed it on someone else without a care.
The house manager was barely there she claims to give people opportunity, but it was more like take advantage of people to do her job. Not the best place. – less
If you enjoy helping others then this is the job for you
Community Living Instructor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2013
The hardest part is seeing your pay check every 2 weeks and trying to figure out how are you going to matain
Its a fun job
Community Living Trainer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2013
I really enjoy the field I work in. I get to make my own schedule for majority of the time. The training is helpful for your day to day job. I work independently. Management is not always easy to communicate with due to being in the field.
Life Skills is a good organization to work for. Life Skills stands for a wonderful cause.
Community Living Instructor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2013
A typical day at the life skills home I work for is, Preparing breakfast for the consumers, passing medications, washing the dishes, washing clothes, running errands, preparing lunch, give report to the next staff member coming in, we count money, count narcotics, explain any changes that may have occurred during the shift. I enjoy what I do. Helping – more... people. – less
Hardworking Place and Lovable People
Program Supervisor (Current Employee), MOOctober 26, 2012
Get to work around 7am. Read log notes and communicate with staff. Wake consumer up make sure he gets meds. Does hygiene and daily chores. Take consumer to work and sit there till he gets off. Come home write log notes on his day.

My co-workers are hard working people that get the job done to the best of they ability.

The hardest part of my job is – more... just dealing with consumers that have different behavior issues everyday so u never no how the day is goin to go.

The part I enjoy the most is helping the consumers achieve things in life and become better people. – less
if you don't care about people a great place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2012
They don't care about the individuals they are taking care off. They care more about cutting back and making things look right when they are being reviewed keep looking.

About Life Skills

At Life Skills, we help people with disabilities live and work with dignity in our community. For more than 43 years Life Skills – Read more