life steps foundation Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to work
Personal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CADecember 29, 2012
The Life Steps Foundation started out of Veronica Franco's garage in 1983 and has grown exponentially since then. This was quite honestly my favorite place to work! The people I worked with at the offices were always great, inspiring people who cared about the people they were servicing as well as the ones they worked with. It is a rewarding job, and I keep in contact with my former supervisor to this day. The training was extensive and clear. Probably one of the best things was being able to contact any of my supervisors or co-workers at any time during the workday, and even if they were finished for the day. It is a wonderful company that is doing great things in San Luis and Santa Barbara counties, and I wish them only the best!
Pros
great atmosphere, flexible with school/holiday schedules, reimbursed mileage, you can schedule your own lunch breaks, and essentially you decide your hours.
Cons
it is honestly hard work, and they cannot pay as much due to being a non profit, but if you're willing to do the work it turns into a positive experience.
Helping others
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 3, 2012
Quality work co workers put in to help the organization.
This organization provides assistance to the Developmentally disabled
Pros
good work ethic
Had like three different locations, In home care facilities. Organized.
Personal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 24, 2012
As a personal Attendant we were assigned a different client each day.We help with day to day daily needs. Such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Medications, hygiene and grooming along with up with laundry, dishes.We had personal attendants to relieve us when are shift was over. We would sign in and out plus log in everything that was done or needed done. I love this job trying had not to get to attached to our Clients. That was the hardest part of my job.The most enjoyable part was when our clients would share their stories with me. I would try to give them advice and encourage them to be all that they can be. We only got one life to live.My supervisor was well like.
Pros
we would get one hour for lunch and two 15 minutes in between .
Cons
we didn't have any medical or dental coverage while employed there.
Fun place to work at
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 8, 2012
Typical day at the Boys and Girls Club was setting up activities for kids to do. I learned a lot about kids and where they come from. Management was good and understandable, they would work with your schedule a lot. Co-workers were great to work with, respectful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was when kids didn't want to do the activity planned for the day, it was hard to come up with something to replace activity. This job takes a lot of patients to work with kids. What I enjoyed a lot was getting involved in the activities with the kids and getting involved with the kids in general.
Pros
activities with the kids
Good work site and allows my freedom!
COMMUNITY SERVICES FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 9, 2012
I have always enjoyed working for Lif Steps foundation. I have had good quality supervisors, whom I am able to reach, and when I'm not able to contact him directly I can leave a message for him and he will get back to me, usually, that same day.. The pay is meager but I guess that's a trade off for the flexibility.
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly staff
Cons
low pay with infrequent, if ever raises.
great values, poor management
program director (Former Employee) –  inglewood, caDecember 29, 2011
if your idea of good management is getting yelled at and put down in front of 10 of your peers, you have the wrong idea. the opportunity to develop is there but you're left out to dry even for the slightest mistake

Comment – January 16, 2012

Poor Mgmnt/HR