Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Friendly, clean workplace
Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 21, 2018
I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time. Everyone I work with is so friendly and they take their Lifetime training to heart. It is truly a joy to come to work.
love it
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 20, 2018
great people and great environment. makes the day go by fast. great job with school. and the member services department is the best. so friendly and inviting.
Workplace Culture
Operations Team Member (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 19, 2018
My co-workers are amazing and everyone deserves higher compensation! Everyone works hard and only the department heads get the credit. Love my interactions with members and guest and I love seeing how people enjoy their time at the club. Wish their could be more team appreciation from department heads, but the free membership and great co-workers make up for it.
Pros
free membership and discounts
Cons
short breaks, management
Highly stressful job due to unrealistic expectations with unequivalent pay opportunities.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 18, 2018
If you want to work 60+ hours per week on salary (and remain "on-call" even on days off), be required to work out, on site (to prove you're actually doing it) at least 5 times per week, meet a near impossible labor budget, and be bombarded with pseudo-encouraging propaganda about "work life balance" and "a culture of care", then Lifetime Fitness is the place for you!
In addition, you can count on promised bonuses being taken from you, even when you achieve the budget that has been set before you and, if you're like me, you can expect to actually earn less money each year that you stay with the company.
If you're passionate about being underappreciated and overworked, given zero opportunity to earn overtime or holiday pay, and love the idea of having absolutely no personal life whatsoever, apply at a Lifetime near you.
Pros
Free gym membership, generally pleasant work environment.
Cons
Poor compensation plans, expectation is that you work 60 hours per week, constant stress and anxiety due to extreme pressure to perform.
Great Pay for Management, Great with Good Manager
Level 2 Aquatics Manger (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXFebruary 18, 2018
It is a long day if you want your department to succeed. When you have a great manager, the job is amazing. With constant turnover due to promotions, transfers, and terminations, don't plan to stay with your manager for long. As long as you stick to your training and do what your managers tell you, you will easily succeed. Hardest part is the hours you need to put in, the best part is the people.
Rich members treat and talk to you like you're beneath them daily
Supervisor of the LifeCafé (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 17, 2018
Low salary for young employees, team members or supervisors, and little reward for hard work. In the cafe we are the most under appreciated people of lifetime fitness, but we are also the ones who do the most work, and deal with the most rude people. The members of lifetime fitness are some of the most entitled and condescending humans I have ever known, and dealing with them on a daily basis is incredibly trying, especially when no support is found from the higher ups. I have one member tell me that she would not fill up her own water bottle because she wanted to watch "people like me pour her water for her." This is the daily attitude of the members, so if you cannot deal with these type of people, you cannot work this job. The only reason I stay is because of the free gym membership, and because I love my coworkers.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
treated like dirt
Great company if you like to work hard
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 16, 2018
I loved this Job, made some mistakes so no longer there. Enjoyed meeting new people and breaking a sweat while working. Fairly compensated and free membership also.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Competitive to advance. Some bosses tough to please.
Satisfying and fun working environment.
Child Care Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 16, 2018
I loved this job. The interaction with the children. Caring for and teaching them. I like a fast paced environment so this job was almost perfect for me except the low pay they offer. Everyone was a joy to work with. Parents were always great as well.
Pros
Free membership to the gym. discounts on products and services.
Cons
Low pay. not many opportunities to get a promotion or raise.
Drawbacks outweigh Benefits
Childcare Staff (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 15, 2018
The only really good reason to work for life time would be for the free membership. If you don’t intend to use the club, it’s not worth working there. Pay is low. Management is so-so. There is opportunity for advancement within the company, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. The expectations are incredibly high given the how low the pay is...Expect to be under-appreciated.
Pros
Free membership, childcare for 2-3 hours/day, discounts for employees, nice facility, great classes, beautiful pool
Cons
Pay is LOW, under-appreciated, overworked
Productive and a fun place to work at
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Great environment to work in, I loved getting to work with all the kids and entertain them throughout their day! My co-workers were extremely nice and fun to work with.
Pros
Membership and the cool trips with the kids here and there
Life Time Fitness is a Great Company to work for the Management Team Supports the Team Members to succeed.
Department Head of Facility Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
The best part of work for Life Time Fitness is building a Friendly Team to help deliver a Wonderful member experience and the tools to make it happen.
energizing
ROCK CLIMBING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 13, 2018
upbeat work environment. helping customers enjoy the rock wall and make sure they are safe while climbing. everyone there is really nice and inviting.
Great culture, co-works, and supervisors, but poor executive team.
Platforms Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNFebruary 11, 2018
Working time not monitored closely and no micromanaging at the supervisory level. Co-workers were awesome. Not many opportunities to expand knowledge or advance a career. Lower management was great, but executive management was poor and isolated from rank and file. Great place to work for day to day duties. Most difficult was a lack of communication and support from upper management. Best part of the job were co-workers and the culture at that level as well as the free health club membership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor compensation
Love working at lifetime but not all rules are followed
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNFebruary 9, 2018
Lifetime is a great place to work, everyone is friendly and its a good environment. You work 3-5 hours a shift because they don't want to have to give you a break. I've worked 8+ hours without a break. You do training online that applys to all lifetimes but not all the rules are as strict, which makes you really confused when you start working.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No breaks, short hours
Great Company!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoy working part time as an Operations Manager at Lifetime Fitness. It is a great work place and I am excited to work for a company that strives on fitness and helping people achieve their goals.
Fun but underpaid
Summer Camp Counselor and Kids Activities Member (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I loved my job as a summer camp counselor but I was very underpaid and over-worked. I did love working with the kids and my co-workers. The best perk would was the free membership and discount at the Life Cafe.
equal
Member Services and Childcare (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHFebruary 8, 2018
this is a customer service environment. continuously growing, and striving for their vision. they work hard to get clients and keep them. its a good place to work however their pay is not work the amount of work you do.
Poor managment
Life Cafe Team Member (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Did not follow Michigan under age employment laws. Always worked past 10pm, always worked over time, always scheduled every weekend, no time for school or family. The job to them was more important than your education, they were more into how you can give your life up to them instead of how education is important as well.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
non compliant to state law not to work minor past 10pm
Overall Nice environment to work in
overnight operations (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILFebruary 8, 2018
The space is very nice and clean, The place is very welcoming, overall it is a good place to come to. The members are sweet, the place is big and has a friendly upbeat vibe.
Pros
Great Manager and Director
Cons
Very Very Busy at times
excellent atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 7, 2018
I loved working at LIFETIME for the short period of time that I was employed there. Shortly after I got the job at LIFETIME my dad got a job transfer to NYC and my family and I relocated to NYC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.