Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

great
Life Cafe Asst. Dept Head/ Cafe Sup (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 22, 2017
Great work environment. Get a free membership out of it- HUGE perk. The people are so kind and fun to work with. You are around people who want to better themselves, and that it truly inspirational.
I love work for lifetime .
Operation supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atascocita, TXApril 21, 2017
excellent company. great opportunity to get your goal grew up, with the best workplace culture, you can learn many things in this company members are the greater and important part that we have enjoyable teamwork
A fun place to work to a point.
Group Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 20, 2017
The job in general is fun. The corporate aspect and pay is not always up to par. The time you put in does not always equal the same payout.If you aren't training, your aren't making money unless your constantly trying to sell members on products.
Pros
Great Facility, fun work environment, top of the line access to the latest fitness trends
Cons
100% commission, inconsistent pay, advancement to management not always fair.
I love it.
Facilitiy operations team member (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 19, 2017
Life time fitness is a great place to work and it has made me to become who I am today. Life time has shown me how to react in a nice way to certain situations and I met some of my best friends there
Ltf
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 15, 2017
I do not like that I have to do this. I do not care to spend my time rating this company because I do not know if it is truly anonymous. The pay is a bit low. I like the free membership. My coworkers are good.
Pros
Free membership
Positive and upbeat environment with great people
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 15, 2017
Life Time is a great company with a ton of opportunities for advancement. Passionate people and a wonderful community of people. Split days off make it hard to really step away from the job and relax. Quotas can be tough to meet.
Excellent for those who enjoy fitness
Supervisor, Child Care Center (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 14, 2017
LifeTime Fitness centers are a great place to work if you enjoy being in a place that promotes healthy lifestyles without being overbearing or pretentious. The environment appeals to people of fitness levels, goals, and abilities.
Fun environment
Facility Ops Team Member (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 11, 2017
Was a great place to work. Everyone had a great attitude and was ready to either work or workout. Even if I wasn't into fitness working there would've made me become a health freak and to become more fit.
Cons
great benefits
Summer Camp Program
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAApril 11, 2017
This was a great starter job. I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. I gained a lot of child care experience as well as made new skills such as belaying children on the rock wall.
horrible place to work
overnight operations (Current Employee) –  austin northApril 10, 2017
I work at the North Austin location. I worked only10 hours on the weekend. After 3 weeks of employment they took all my hours away. Then they lied to me about the reason why. I am still not on the schedule after 2 weeks. no manager will talk to me. Thinking about filing a discrimination suit. They treat their employees like sh+t. And the customers complain about bad management also,
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no breaks, they take away hours, bad management, discrimination, they treat you like s++t. sh++ty pay
Fun but productive workplace
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 6, 2017
Learned many new health techniques to apply to my field of study. Management was great, flexible hours, co-workers do not mind picking up shift. Fun environment due to aquatics area. Free gym membership.
Terrible establishment for children
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILApril 5, 2017
Terribly unorganized establishment for children to be in, workers and managers were not on top of things, did not seem like the safest environment for children.
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized
Upbeat and fun environment
Summer Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 4, 2017
Warm up/opening circle
swimming
lunch
various activities (science experiments, rock climbing, field trips, gym games, crafts)

Interacted with parents and other gym members
kept facilities and equipment clean and organized
big gym with inside and outside pool
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284April 4, 2017
love love loved this job. it was a good fit for me because i love the sun and the staff were all the same age as me, teens. the pool closed relatively early so not long work days. i also must say, the main reason i loved this job was because of my manager, she was so sweet and understanding. since then, management has changed.
Pros
get a tan, fun staff
Cons
cleaning duties
Fun and exciting place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 2, 2017
When the company first started, they made their employees a priority. Gave them great incentives and bonuses for production and hard work, but like too many corporations, they became greedy and took away bonuses and incentives. All of the benefits that the employees once had were taken away and they became very militant toward their workers. Very disappointing.
Pros
Free workouts, great cafe
Cons
Increasing work demand and goals w/o compensation
Really friendly place to work
Kids activities leader (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 2, 2017
Being a part of their team made me feel like everyone was family. Very nice and friendly place to work at. The workplace culture is very diverse, which makes you feel like you belong.
Great experience as a lifeguard
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 1, 2017
Lifetime Fitness was a great experience as a Lifeguard. It taught me how to be diligent, and disciplined when it comes to multitasking and perfecting organizational skills.
Amazing gym...
Member Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 30, 2017
Very beautiful gym but the environment is not the best to work in. The management is very disgruntle and no communication. A lot of times you are left to just figure it out on your own with no proper training.
Great place to work - positive environment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMarch 30, 2017
Healthy way of life is reflected in all aspects of the company.
I like the flexibility of my schedule, which includes interacting with team members at various locations, However, my monthly work hours are unpredictable.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Work hours unpredictable.
Great place to work, easily the best management I have ever worked for.
Camp Counselor and Summer Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 28, 2017
Life Time in Des Moines has the best management I have ever worked for by far. They are personable, keep everyone in line, and have great work ethic. The workplace culture has always been "clean, smile, and help in any way possible, even if you weren't asked too" since I have worked there.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Strict rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval