Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Family oriented workplace
LifeSpa Department Head (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: no work/life balance
If my pay check matched all of my hard work and MANY hours I put in, there's no way I would have left. If you get ever voice your opinion in management when asked and upper management doesn't agree with you, then you're pretty much black-balled and any chances of progressing within the company are over.
Horrible place to work, I would never recommend any person to work for this company in the Salon & Spa
Aesthician (Former Employee), San Antonio, Texas La CanteraApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free 24 Membership
Cons: Needing to deal with childish & unprofessional co-workers & employees
Was really pumped and exicited aobut having landed this ultimate job at the finest Fitness Club in San Antonio, Texas @ La Cantera. To begin, the manager of the Spa & Salon had just newly been hired 2 months prior to my arrival. speaking with a co-worker within my Spa Deprtment I learned every single Aesthitician as well as 4 Cosmetologist, Hair Stylists had gathered together & all up & quit together taking several established & well to do clientele with them. Inside scenario was corporate office was making serious changes to the way the way the Salon & Spa business as well as operations was being conductecd. Speaking with my co-worker in the Spa department also came to find out that this particular Lifetime Fitness at the La Cantera location was under investigation due to breach of confidentiality in clintele files that mysterilously ended up missing, weeks prior to my arrival and hire. The supervisor of the Salon was uncooth & extremely unprofessional and other co-workers working the front desk acted childish and the envirorment was not at all what was expected in a professional salon atmosphere. I was informed by the Salon manager I needed to continuously kiss *** to the front desk girls/staff because they were in charge of booking my clintele for the time being. Moreover, for being such a large establsihment there was no autoclave or EPA to even sterilze implements being used on clientele either. There had been several violations for unsanitary conditions that should have been reported to OSHA. This establishment was not at all professional & the working envirorment was horrible. I would never recommend working there to anyone.
Energetic and Productive
Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Allen, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership, and employee discounts
Cons: Must pay for parts of uniform
Work with children of all skill levels and backgrounds.
Learned good, effective communication and instruction methods.
Great management, and fun co-workers.
Some children greatly dislike swimming.
It's always rewarding to see a child master a new skill.
Demanding Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free Lifetime Membership
Cons: Long hours, not good pay for the amount of work and hours put in.
Long Hours, inconsistent management, performance based environment. Can't have back to back days off unless you put in for time off.
Great place to work!
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 13, 2015
Pros: discounts at salon, cafe and personal training.
Loved working here. There are so many benefits to working at a big health and fitness club like Lifetime. The staff is very upbeat and energetic and everyone works together to make it the best place to be a member at.
A typical day at work
Kids' Activities Team Member/ Camp Councilor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 12, 2015
A typical day at work, consists of a fluctuation of children in and out of the child center. There are good days when everyone is for the most part calm and having fun, but other days it can be chaotic. The best way to manage the hard situations is teamwork. As a team we work well together to insure the safety of the children as well as their enjoyment while they are in the child center.
Positive atmosphere with a family-like culture
Kid's Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Shelby Township, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Very flexible work schedule, free gym membership, met numerous people, and helped me achieve a healthy way of life
Cons: Poorly developed training structure
I was always welcomed as soon as I walked into work with friendly faces, it was very easy to get to know everyone (both other team members and guests). Working there was always challenging yet rewarding. I learned how important a company's culture can be, and how important it can be for team members to get along well. All of my co-workers got along which made work organization easier. The hardest part of my job was innovating under pressure; however, the practice helped increase my skills when it comes to taking matters into my own hands. The most enjoyable part of my job was the experience of working in a large company, while feeling great about helping other people by watching and inspiring their kids, or helping the guests create a healthier lifestyle.
Short internship with little input
Internship as a personal trainer (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Top of the line equipment, friendly staff, full benefits, many amenities
Cons: Cost of membership, commissional pay
I had only worked in the business for approximately two weeks to gather an insight with the field of work. From my short time with the company, I felt a strong passion for truly finding what a client desired as toward their fitness goals as well as a mentality that you would expect from a health and wellness oriented business.
Decent Job
Child Care Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 5, 2015
Pros: Free membership, good relatonships
Cons: pay, corporate feel
When in the child care center, I loved working with the people I worked with. Management was ok. The focus of a big gym like Lifetime Fitness is money. The focus is not on the staff. When I was there, wages were decent but good luck in getting a raise. After 4 years, 1 raise of 25 cents and I was a Supervisor who worked very hard and was loved by the families.
Good first-time job
LifeCafe Chef (Former Employee), Champlin, MNApril 5, 2015
I worked here for my first job. The people were awesome, the management was pretty good, the hours weren't bad. The only bad thing would be not getting enough hours as a part-time employee. Most people that work there are high schoolers, so they had to divvy up the hours.
Great place to work, but no opportunity to advance
LIFE TIME FITNESS FACILITY ENGINEER (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: stunted growth
Great place to work. I can not utilize my boilers license and advance in the areas i would like to. I did like my co-workers and my bosses.The most enjoyable part about the job is the interaction with the members
Fun and Fast pace workplace
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Romeoville,ilMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Healthy Environment
Cons: Short Lunch
Making sure that clients get the best health results in a timely manner. Keeping track of all the clients results so he/she can see the progress of there work.
It's ok
Assistant Café Manager (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILMarch 22, 2015
fast paced environment, lots to do, it's an ok job, get to work out for free, but you get tired of being there after a while also. Food is decent, Too much corporate feel to it. A lot of snootiness too.
Great high school or summer job
Certified Lifeguard (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free membership and sweet tan
Cons: hot weather and long hours
Hours were long, went by slowly but it was nice when you rotated to the bottom of the slide and got a chance to cool off in the water. I learned that I have to be flexible to work with high schoolers and understand that they don't think the same way I do. Management was strict on some days and other days they were very lax. Co-workers were all high school students and I am in graduate school. Hardest part of the job was being on my feet for long periods of time and in the hot sun. 99% of the members were easy to get along with and followed the rules. I love kids so having them around was always entertaining.
Operations/Hospitality Supervisor (Current Employee), Novi, MIMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Able to get more hours if needed
Cons: Takes a long time to advance in the company
A typical day at Lifetime Fitness is pretty much repetitious. You're constantly on your feet making sure that anything in the club is working properly and clean. Being part of management teaches me to be more observate, know what needs to be done and to help co-workers and members in the gym.
Good starter job
Facility Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: management
It was a good first real job experience to determine what I did and didn't like in a workplace. The coworkers were great and everyone worked hard. Some select management was challenging to work with.
It's an okay job for a temp. amount of time.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Katy, TXMarch 16, 2015
Its an okay job, free membership to the gym, so that's always a plus. Company seems to care the minimum for employees. Pay is okay, nothing outstanding.
fast paced, very interactive, rewarding
Child Center Team Member (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 9, 2015
I work in an assigned zone and am in charge of the well being of the children in my zone. i have learned how to care for and interact with children of multiple ages. the management is very nice and flexible. Co-workers and all just very happy enthusiastic people.
Customer service job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Take care of any and all aspects of customer service, accounts payable. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly customers, always keep it professional.
Fun inviting place to work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 9, 2015
Great company always developing their employees. They only take the best of trainers and show you how to improve your business.

Life Time Fitness Salaries