Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

good place to work
Trainer (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 14, 2015
Training and selling, working with new members. Consulting with then and running them through our health scores as well.
n/a
ASSISTANT MEMBER ENGAGEMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJuly 13, 2015
Live the Healthy way of life company. Fun atmosphere.co-workers are friendly & love to be there. long hours for sales but very beneficial. Hardest part of the job is trying not to love it so much.
Little to no areas for advancement
Member services team member (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working in the gym, but the pay was awful and I was barely able to pay my bills. I loved the people and the experience to grow physically and mentally. I learned a lot about weight loss and how to properly work out.
Fun but stressul
ASSISTANT FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Relaxed, diverse clientele
Cons: Short breaks, demanding of personal time, staffing challenges occur often
As a manager at Lifetime Fitness, the environment is fun and upbeat. The members are pleasant, and management is open for communication. The stress of overcoming staffing challenges can be high, but generally it is a very relaxed environment for non-sales personnel.
Overworked / Under Paid
Department Head (Former Employee), Atlanta areaJuly 10, 2015
Pros: You work in a gym
Cons: You work at Life Time.
Staff makes between $8-$9 per hour. Salaried employees are required 50 hours a week, nights, and weekends. The demand a lot of your time. You get yelled at by members and your coworkers because people can only handle so much in such a high stress environment. Your comp plan can change at any time so if they pay out too much (they are a performanced based company) then they will change your comp plan. Certain GMs only higher people that have the "look" so don't bother if you aren't in shape. In the beginning you will love it and then you get smart and see they have a way of losing the good ones and keeping the bad ones. Don't worry because they are private now and off the stock market and they plan on reselling in 2-3 years so if you are smart you know that means their goal is to make as much money as possible and cut costs to get a bigger spread so the CEO can add ANOTHER private yet to his collect. Don't be fooled by their "work life balance" and doing right by the members. It is not true...remember it is a business and you aren't even a name just an employee number.
Fun, but also stressful
Life café Team Member (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, free lunches, free gym membership
Cons: Long Shifts, Sometimes terrible conduct from coworkers
We usually stock items in the cooler, make food on the cooking board, prepare smoothies at the smoothie bar, clear dining tables from trash that's been put on it, dispose of trash, clean dishes, etc. That was the usual day, whenever I worked at Lifetime Fitness. The hardest part was canceling my free time to work other peoples' shifts, due to their "late notice" of not coming to work. The most enjoyable part is learning to be productive around a fast paced environment.
Great place to work for almost anyone
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Discounts on merchandise
Cons: In-store positions are very "political
There are so many possibilities with this company, the sky is the limit. It's a very supportive environment, and a great company to work for.
Changing peoples lives for the better everyday.
Regional Facility Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 7, 2015
Lifetime Fitness has an amazing culture and everyone, no matter what their level, work together as a team. The job itself is very rewarding as we change people's lives everyday!
Fun work environment
Results Processing Coordinator (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: Cliques
Some upward mobility and a growing private company. New business should allow for more mobility, but hasn't happened yet. Good supervisors.
Would not recommend
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), TempeJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great clients
Cons: No work life balance. Abusive management.
Long hours, low pay, and managers who abuse power. I enjoyed working with my clients, which is why I stayed as long as I did. Unfortunately, it is 100% commission and there is not financial stability. This created a hostile environment where people were vicious and manipulative.
Be Careful
Senior Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee), Cary, NCJuly 3, 2015
Work/Life balance is abysmal.

Great place to be a member, awful place to work.

Employees and customers are generally in good spirits, which makes the job a lot more fun, but corporate office seems to set everyone up for failure and burnout.
Great for someone without any family or outside life
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 3, 2015
Pros: sales incentives like dinners or Lifetime bucks for gear, not micro managed unless you're falling behind, access to alot of cool ammenities you probably wont use, quality leadership
Cons: too many hours without pay, 100 outbound phone calls per day, 10 hour shifts, 12 hour mandatory shifts the 15th and the last 3 days of the month, no time off, I missed christmas with my family, ridiculous expectations, can be fired for doing anything that is not considered the healthy way of life
Prestigious fitness center so it has cool factor but there is only Lifetime when you work at Lifetime. Expect to be there up to 70 hours in a week to hit quota or there's potential of losing your job. All commission. They do help get you started by having a receding base and they fly you to Minnesota for really extensive training. Cool people. And they claim to be the healthy way of life company and tell you during the interview to work out but I gained 15 pounds working there because the ONE time I did management asked me if I was going to hit my goal which I did not and ended up staying 2 extra hours trying because of the guilt trip I received for working out.
Very upscale fitness facility with great fitness concept.
Member Engagement Adviser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: excellent learning opportunity in health and fitness
Cons: long hours and qoutas
Normal day consists of touring,advising and selling as well as marketing product. Learn customers needs and goals and management always focused on improvement. Co workers were like family since we spent so much time together.Most challenging part of job was the hours and quotas being met but the best part was interacting with members and potential members.
great workplace
Female Locker Room Attendant (Current Employee), Vestavia Hills, ALJune 30, 2015
this is a hard job that requires you to have discipline and be on time. I have learned how to keep things clean. the co workers make it fun the hardest part is the standing
Great Opportunity
Personal Trainer, Metabolic Technician (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJune 29, 2015
Great opportunities and great company to work for. However, looking for new opportunities. I gained a good amount of experience, and will take what I have learned with me as I further my career as a Professional Fitness Trainer
fun job
Front Desk Administrator (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 29, 2015
great way to meet new people, learned better customer skills, proficient in multi tasking. Worked by myself some days and some days worked with groups of people.
great job for a temp job, but don't make it a career.
Assistant Department Head (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2015
Flexible schedule, customers always right, lack of benefits and team work between departments. Team members constantly coming and going, rarely stay; same with the members.
Energetic workplace, fun and motivational
Group Fitness / Yoga Instructor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2015
Great to be part of a team of health and fitness experts, coaching and implementing nutrition and fitness routines for club members. Enjoyed helping clients achieve their fitness goals!
active and fun workplace
KIDS ACTIVITIES STAFF MEMBER (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: free membership in the facility
Cons: gossip
A typical day consisted of checking parents and children in and out of the facility, staying within ratio, and monitoring all areas of the child center. The hardest part of the job was telling parents without infant reservations, that they could not bring their child in. Most enjoyable part of the job was the age range of kids that I was able to interact with.
Good work environment with benefits
Personal Training Department Head (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 22, 2015
Good work environment. Best place to work for a personal trainer or management in regards to pay potential and benefits.