Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate atmosphere
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 19, 2016
Loved working in a structured corporate atmosphere and made a lot of connections. Perks were really great with employee membership. Was able to work and stay fit.
wonderful workplace and hard working
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Plantation point, NCJune 15, 2016
great co-workers and wonderful people to work around.
the hardest part of this job is dealing with the children and different personalties that each child has.
the most enjoyable is being apart of these childrens life and showing them that being active is fun.
Cons
management
Guess its a good start for a beginners job
Facility Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 14, 2016
Typical day you would go in and report to the back. And you would then be given the task you would be assigned for the day.
After all duties were done you would then stick around in the washing machine room to wash, and fold towels.

Management.
At the time I don't feel as if my manager was approachable and care too much about his workers. Just as long as the job was done is all he really much cared about; respect.

Co-workers were fun! We tried to make the best out of everything we did and try and make the time go by quickly as possible.

Hardest part of the job would have to be cleaning the woman's locker rooms.

Most enjoyable part of the whole shift would be the 50% discounts at the cafe, and the co-workers to help make your day go by quicker.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Cleaning toilets
not what you might think
stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2016
I was excited to get started as a stylist at LifeSpa, but quickly found out that opportunity had been greatly exaggerated by the interviewing manager.

Also, my commission vs. hourly pay was misrepresented and I find myself in a low paying job with little chance to elevate my income.

If you have a FULL clientele, this could be a great place to work. But, even if you have tons of experience, you will find building your business very very very slow and there are no managers with salon experience to help you along.

You are on your own! Get everything in writing up front.
Pros
you can choose your schedule
Cons
if you work in the spa, you are on your own. Management has no clue.
poor compensation and no job security
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 14, 2016
Overall bad place to work. They don't respect employees, even management. You can make more most places. They adjust the commission payout every month so you never make more than they want you to.
Positive
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Commerce, MIJune 10, 2016
My experience with Life Time Fitness has been quite the positive one. This company has provided me with knowledge of how a successful company runs and a whole lot of experience with a wide variety of clientele.
fair
Personal Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 8, 2016
lifetime fitness is a good place for trainers who are just getting in to the industry and have no problem working set shifts
Pros
benifits
Cons
hours
Great position on the surface
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2016
The role of a personal trainer within Life Time Fitness is not that of an actual trainer but that of a salesperson. Trainers began their fitness career to help people and get compensated for it. However the pressure to gain clients and provide numbers does remove the fun aspect of training. It also does create a variable income as your pay is determined by if your clients show up and sign up. This is a draw against commission job with little to no room for advancement. This is not a position for people with young children as you will always work evenings and weekends because this is the bulk of times that people who can afford your services will be able to utilize the training. The world of PT is a revolving door and I watched many good trainers disappear because of their beliefs and talents wasted.
Pros
Building life long relationships
Cons
Compensation plan
Great place overall.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIJune 5, 2016
I was hired in as a supervisor and really did enjoy working there as well as the members you meet. However, I feel at times management was too laid back, and I took the job more seriously. The pay wasnt all that great being a supervisor, but the free membership was great. The facilities themselves are amazing!

Will say this though. High turnover rate. Advancement in the company is hard. I wont complain about being hired in as a supervisor, but I will say there were people that had been there for years before me that probably deserved to be considered for the position.
Pros
Free membership. 24 hours
Cons
Pay could be better
Life Time Fitness Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 3, 2016
Life Time Fitness is a great place to work. The environment is such a positive one to be involved with.

I would give Life Time a 5 star rating if the work life balance was not an issue. It is tough to find motivated and talented individuals who start off at or near minimum wage. Due to this reason they do not always buy into the company and what it can do for them long term. This puts more on the shoulders of the Managers and Assistant Managers who already have a lot of responsibilities.

Other than that a day at Life Time is always fun. Being a part of people who want to make positive changes to their lives is a rewarding feeling.
Do not work at Lifetime City Centre
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
Being a personal trainer means selling yourself and your services...but should not ONLY be meant for this. I got into the fitness industry to change lives, not take others money. The goals given are unrealistic. Management is meant to be in place to help, but they are only out for their own benefit. I enjoyed working here until the company became privately owned. When that switch happened everything changed. Unethical practices were occurring by accidentally charging clients double the amount, "forgetting" to refund clients, management missing the mark when it came to managing.
In the beginning of my time with Lifetime I was awarded for my customer service and "hustle," but when new managers came in I had my integrity, honesty and personal beliefs attacked.

I had to have six other friends/coworkers leave before I realized what was really going on. Lifetime City Centre is a joke! Maybe it will get better but I wasn't going to wait around for it.

I put in my two weeks notice a month ago and just today I am considered a terminated employee...just goes to show the lack of communication.
Pros
Good pay if you work for it
Cons
Personal Training Department management is horrible
Good place to get started, but advancement is based upon popularity!
IT Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMay 31, 2016
The IT area is still quite new at Lifetime Fitness. Management is confused on a daily basis as to how they are going to respond to any given crisis and their long-term solutions sometimes involve ignoring the problems altogether! If you are popular you will do well, but if you mind your own business (no matter how hard you work) you will not get very far.
Pros
There are not any Pros I can think of.
Cons
Immaturity and vindictive behavior by people that should know better.
Good Job
Lifetime Fitness (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYMay 31, 2016
Great job for me before I left to college, it was seasonal but I could always go back because I know that they will re-hire me, it was a good job and had a lot of good benefits.
Life Guard (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 29, 2016
DO NOT WORK FOR LIFETIME IF YOU ARE WORKING MORE THAN 5 HOURS A DAY.

YOU WILL NOT GET A BREAK.
You usually clean on your break, you don't get a break even if you work for more that 10 hours, they do not care, poor managers don't have regards for the safety of life guards,
they will never side with you.

you only get paid 13 an hour if you close 7-12 pm or open 4am-9am

just apply at your local pool. Private companies like this will not give you a break even though it i
Cons
no breaks, poor pay, poor management
Great company.
Overnight Operations (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 29, 2016
This company is great, ato whnd I loved working there, it was chill enough to where I felt comfortable but overall management was a bit lacking.
I loved working here! Very fun and radiant energy
Kids Activity Team Member (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 25, 2016
At LifeTime Fitness you can never have a boring day, since we worked with children they keep you entertain all day long! I learned many ways to entertain and take care of children. I also learned new ways to interact with people of different back rounds. I loved the management at LifeTime, they are always so radiant and sweet. My co-workers made the work day go by so fast, because they always kept me laughing and having a great time. The hardest part of the job has to be the responsibility of taking care babies, if you do one thing wrong, they can cry for hours. The most enjoyable part of the day has to be making the children happy at the end of the day.
Pros
Free Membership!
Cons
Cleaning after children!
Excellent
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2016
Working at this company was absolute awesome experience with the given facilities. And friendly nature of the teams and co operative environment between the projects.
Great place to work for
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMay 24, 2016
I loved working at Lifetime Fitness. Friendly and welcoming place to work at. I learned something new everyday about Lifetime Fitness, the staff, and the members. The most thing I enjoyed about working here is sharing the experience with the members and always putting a smile on their faces.
Pros
Friendly and welcoming
Cons
Short breaks
LifeTime Fitness as a company is very poorly managed.
LifeCafe - Nutrition Team Member (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 18, 2016
Although I worked in the café at LifeTime which was very well managed, I see the LifeTime corporation itself very poorly managed and overpriced. From my experience outside of the café the management was very unprofessional which unfortunately ultimately ended up with my leaving my job.
The clubs themselves are awesome
Operations Assistant Department Head (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNMay 17, 2016
Need to be willing to work hard in operations. Pay is not great especially considering what they are bringing in from members.
Pros
Best part is the free membership
Cons
Pay in not very good