Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness United States Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Facility Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: management
It was a good first real job experience to determine what I did and didn't like in a workplace. The coworkers were great and everyone worked hard. Some select management was challenging to work with.
It's an okay job for a temp. amount of time.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Katy, TXMarch 16, 2015
Its an okay job, free membership to the gym, so that's always a plus. Company seems to care the minimum for employees. Pay is okay, nothing outstanding.
fast paced, very interactive, rewarding
Child Center Team Member (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 9, 2015
I work in an assigned zone and am in charge of the well being of the children in my zone. i have learned how to care for and interact with children of multiple ages. the management is very nice and flexible. Co-workers and all just very happy enthusiastic people.
Customer service job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Take care of any and all aspects of customer service, accounts payable. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly customers, always keep it professional.
Fun inviting place to work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 9, 2015
Great company always developing their employees. They only take the best of trainers and show you how to improve your business.
FRONT DESK DEPARTMENT HEAD/BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2015
It's been a few years since I worked here, but I enjoyed it while I was there. It was a very social, yet productive environment where a Healthy Way of Life was truly communicated through every aspect of the company.
Great place to obtain new cilentel
Hairdresser (Current Employee), Algonquin, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: large company, high energy
Cons: poor compensation
Did haircuts and hair color. Lot of walk in traffic. Large staff. Meeting people and making business relationships is always fun.
Great Leadership
Member Engagement Advisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasMarch 1, 2015
Great Leadership and awesome company. The job requires a lot of time but the people make it a great work environment. I would recommend this job to someone who wants to stay in the Fitness industry.
Little chance for any time off. Extremely low compensation.
Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Parker, COMarch 1, 2015
Typical work days are generally routine and the same day to day. Management has little to no ambition to move themselves up personally which leaves all of their subordinates in a position of not being able to advance within the company. This also creates low moral between different departments and the employees in general.
Asst Dept Head
Assistant Department Head (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: pay, benefits, weekend/holiday work
The ADH at Lifetime is probably one of the most underpaid, over worked positions at this company. The DH gives so many tasks to this 'Assistant Manager' and expects 110% commitment and devotion, but refuses to pay the position more than $11 an hour.
I love Life time Eagan
Life Cafe Department Head (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: loved it
Cons: non at all
It was a great experience and was very proud to say I worked there.
I was the cafe department which mean I was the CEO COO CFO of my department. It was just time to move on. I was not looking for a job and was approached by Joe Hahs to come work for him.
It's the US ARMY...enough said
Operations Assistant Department Head (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Life in the Army is a unique experience. Go out, take the plunge and get some life experience. Enjoy it while it lasts. It has good benefits but it is an all consuming job.
Rock wall and child care are the best positions here
Team Member (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Beware of working in the front, those who do usually get little to no freedom. And are constantly on a tight leash, even for activities that have no hindrance or negative impact.
Healthy way of life company
Supervisor/Kids Activities (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Nice, healthy promoting fitness club with exceptional amenities for members and employees. offers full family experience from play centers to recreational events for adults.
Premier Fitness Facility
ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 17, 2015
Incredible place to work for. As mentioned before, lifetime fitness is a healthy way of life company, that promotes positivity and perseverance in your personal life.
Very social, but unmanaged
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee), TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: poor management
I worked with Microsoft Dynamics as well as Salesforce on a daily basis. Created new leads from current customers as well as incoming ones. Helped connect our new members to their areas of interest.
I learned how to proficiently operate these systems. Market my product through email.
Management was very disconnected from the GM to my direct manager
Co-workers are who helped me learn everything I knew. The personal trainers taught me infinite amounts of knowledge about the human body.
Hardest part was keeping people out of my office. The members would always come in and chat for seemingly long periods of time while I was trying to get work done.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the socializing and building of wonderful friendships.
Management Position
Manager (Former Employee), Collierville, TNFebruary 9, 2015
When I come in at the beginning of the day I check through all of my emails and make notes to have a plan for the day for returning responses and handling situations according to need. There is a highly effective schedule which I follow as far as checking budgeting matrix where labor is tracked as well as the revenue forecast to see what my needs are and where I can pivot certain areas of needs to make goal for the monthly budget. I also hire new team members and keep up with their compliance needs as well as phone screening and setting up new individuals with first interviews, interviewing them then sending to the next interview if they qualify. I deal with employees on a daily bases as far as their needs in the schedule and making sure their work life balance is even. I also make sure all marketing is up to date and I assist members with any needs they may have concerning signing up for programming and being informed of activities. I also contact new members and make a personal connection and let them know who I am and where information can be found that they might need. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the numbers reflect the success of the decisions I make to promote certain marketing ideas as well as the happiness of the members who have received a great experience!
Seeing clients achieve their goals
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: a time limit on getting new people
I loved the work environment and working with different types of people. Helping them achieve their goals and the gym setting.
Camp Counselor
Activities Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Colleyville, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: was able to participate in fun activities and be a rolemodel to young children
Cons: patience was always being tested
I was a summer/holiday break camp counselor at one of the highest known gyms across the country. I was in charge of ten kids in daily activities such as gym games, rock climbing, swimming, arts and crafts, and once a week field trips.
Hope You Like Working....
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), SchaumburgFebruary 5, 2015
While there are a lot of perks to working at Life Time, they don't know a lot about work-life balance. You're overwork and always underpaid. Your co-workers are great though.

Life Time Fitness Salaries