Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employer Reviews

Fun workplace can be hectic
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Work day was scheduled in rotations so time was spent with younger children in play room, front desk, infant room, and older children. At the end of day each team member was assigned duties to help clean up.
Poor management (department head and general manager)
LifeSpa-Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits free membership
Cons: terrible management unrealistic goals hostile work environment
Terrible company to work for. Managers are not held to the Lifetime standards. Department head manager was allowed to lie and cheat to meet department monthly goals.
Great company and a leader in the health industry.
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Lifetime is a great company with unlimited opportunity for advancement, starting pay is excellent, work environment is excellent, the team is excellent. Everything about the company ios excellent and the knowledge you learn in great.
Productive environment with high expectations
Overnight Facilities Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, GAJanuary 7, 2015
During a typical day on the job, we begin folding towels and cleaning essential or high traffic areas of the facility. I have learned how to communicate better with my co-workers. However, management can be unreasonable at times. The most difficult part of the job is cleaning the strength floor of the facility, there is a great deal of heavy lifting involved. my most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with costumer service aspects. I enjoy helping people and making their experience exceptional.
Positive energy and very beneficial in many ways.
Life Café Supervisor (Current Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, 25% discount on services and items throughout the club, 50% discount in the cafe, access to healthy food and beverages, great environment, make a lot of connections with members and team members
Cons: promise raises and don't always follow through
I'm the opener, so I get there at 5AM Monday-Friday and at 8AM on Sundays. As the opener, there are several tasks I must complete every day before a certain time. I always try to keep myself busy, especially during times when business is slow. I have established relationships with many of the members and most of the team members. I'm very friendly and upbeat and I always make sure the members are taken care of and that everything we serve to them is top notch. I have learned a lot about health and fitness, supplements, how to multitask and manage my time efficiently, and how to handle myself in problematic situations. I'm fortunate enough to work with people whom I have become very close to and we all get along very well. However, that sometimes makes it hard to manage them because they don't always put work before friendship. I love all of the bonds I have made with everyone and I love the positive environment that makes going to work enjoyable.
Great people! Free membership!!
Member Services Team Member (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free membership. discounts at cafe.
Cons: part time
As a front desk clerk I meet and greet members and check them in. Coworkers are great you work closely with the member engagement advisers and they are super friendly. You get to know people as they come in you talk to them as you check them in.
OK place to work as starters
LifeCafe Team Member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: sucky pay and hours
not too good of an experience, very unorganized, people were kinda rude and long shifts, minimum wage.
Fun place to work
Member Services Department Head (Former Employee), Carrolton, TXJanuary 2, 2015
I took every phone call that came into the club and solved the members problem. I would make budgets and spread sheets for the whole clubs meeting that day while, taking payments and running my department. Co-workers were great but the hours sucked. I enjoyed being able to have face to face interaction with the members.
Best summer job I could have gotten
Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Syosset, NYDecember 29, 2014
Low- stress, opportunity to personally get to know members, good level of independence
good place for work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Woodstock, GADecember 21, 2014
great company in general, We have continue education.
culture is good and motivating team, we have good strategy to reach established goals, taking education continuously
every day you get to the workplace to care for assigned customers are given the service, have meetings every week to take issues of goals and teamwork, also has weekly meetings to continue studying and updating relevant information
Great culture of healthy living
Life Café Team Member (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free membership as a job benefit
Clean working environment with an overall friendly staff. Very educational job that has a positive influence on one's life. Very enjoyable learning the members and getting in shape.
Professional Experience
Customer Service Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Novi, MIDecember 10, 2014
Had a lot of fun working here. Flexible job, great perks. Working with every day customers was the best part of this job
A good company to learn corporate hierarchy.
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT ADVISOR (Current Employee), TexasDecember 6, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: poor compensation
The Sales Department is comparable to any other Sales Department.
Top Quality
Member Services Assistant Department Head (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 1, 2014
Pros: discounts, the fitness/help, friends, pay is good, lots of promotion, free or discounted fitness training
Cons: hours, hard work, scandalous managers, expectations are too high
Very high expectations but you are trained somewhat well enough to know how to reach those expectations but rarely are the expectations met fully.
management is very laid back but have known many managers to be "scandalous"
make lots of new life long friends
they don't drug test!
most enjoyable part of working was being able to work along side your best of friends
very nice and good people
the members are sometimes very rude but mostly are very friendly and appreciate your work
Fun workplace with good benefits
Child Center Team Member (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free gym membership, awesome supervisors
Cons: so many kids!
I really enjoyed my time at Lifetime Fitness. They had a good system set up so that each employee was doing fair amount of work. We would rotate which area we were in every hour. When I work there, they were transitioning management and a new person was coming in so that was a little bit of a mess, but the supervisors were awesome. The hardest part of the job were being with kids for such a long time. This was especially hard on Saturday mornings when there were so many kids there. The most enjoyable part was when I got to connect one-on-one with a child and just hang out with them. I gained some friendships with a few of the kids and it was always fun to see them come in. The benefits they offer with this job are really good. You get a free membership for the gym and that is super nice. Also on weekends the child center closes early so even if you worked weekends, you still got to go out and have a good night afterwards.
Performed mostly operational janitorial duties at health club, started part-time during day, worked my way up and advanced
Night facilities manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILNovember 24, 2014
typically I made sure that the assigned area(s) were spotless as possible, kept track with the hourly and daily cleaning tasks performed. As I rose the ranks, I eventually took responsibility for entire shift as a supervisor, kept track of daily and weekly cleaning and maintaining facility operations.

As I eventually made my way to a senior supervisory status (night manager) I assumed responsibility of the entire club, performing deep cleaning of key facility areas as well as instructing and coaching my team in continuous facility maintenance.
Awesome Work Environment
Sports Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2014
Sales and Marketing are something you learn immediately. As a Therapist you gotta get to know your members. This place provides this because all the members are right upstairs in the gym facility. The Spa is located below so you just market a bit Let them know how you can benefit them and you have clientel.
Great Place to Work
Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNNovember 19, 2014
People work as a team, fun and face paced job with great managers. A typical day at work entails a lot of cleaning and interacting with members.
High Energy Work place Stressfull Quotas
Member Engagement Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shelby Township, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay great benifits
Cons: work life balance did not exits
Great enviroment meeting people that wanted to Change thier lives, work place was stressful at times and taxing on the mind and body tone of hours and notime for self
Group FItness Director/Manager LTF
Group Fitness Director/Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2014
Pros: loved working with the people.
Cons: change in management staff created a change in work environment.
Responsible for all daily business operations of group fitness department as;
Maintaining daily, weekly, quarterly budgets and goals
Staff payroll, marketing, promotions, customer service/relations, program development & implementation, quality assurance.

Managed, hired, trained, and continued to educate staff of over 35 part-time firtness trainers & instructors.

Hosted, planned and led nunerous annual charity events and community events.