Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employer Reviews

Member Services
MEMBER SERVICE DEPARTMENT HEAD (MSDH) (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 12, 2014
It's a great place that has a lot of great people that encourage a health life style. On the flip side the ever changing culture with no consistency and a "shoot, fire, ready" mentality makes it hard to develop routines and drive positive change with consistency.
Lifetime fitness
Nail Tech (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILOctober 10, 2014
A typical day is going to work,clocking in getting my day started getting myself prepared for the .Meeting greeting customers .The coworker's were nice to work with...The hardest part of my job was not having any clients or having a couple of clients on some days. The most enjoyable part was having a full day of clients. The job did not have good benefits – more... .So I really didn't care for that part ,other than that company was nice to work for. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Kids Activities Team Member (Current Employee), Syosset, NYOctober 7, 2014
Great atmosphere and co-workers, constantly engaging with members creating a positive atmosphere
High Energy and Open Platform
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Dallas, TxOctober 7, 2014
I have the liberty to entertain,educate, inspire, and motivate members to encounter a euphoric experience in group fitness. What I like the most is that I am able to teach my format from an individualistic approach that it tailored to my strengths, which allows me to pull that same strength out of others. Management is very supportive and the communication – more... is positively consistent. The hardest part is pushing through when it has been along day and or I am physically/mentally drained. However, once I get on that stage its like another "me" takes over we always have a great class with positive results. – less
Good Benefits but very boring
Member Services (Current Employee), Cary, NCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: no breaks, nothing to do
The job as a front desk attendant is extremely boring and the hours are not good. Also, the pay is not good as well.
Good people
Aquatics Supervisor (Current Employee), shelby twp MiOctober 1, 2014
enjoy coworkers
very corporate
rules constantly changing
Busy
Café Employee (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 26, 2014
Very productive workplace. Always busy. I made shakes and smoothies. I help stock and do inventory.
Fitness based establishment
Lifetime Fitness Team Member (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at work at this establishment involved me checking in the gym members. I would also complete sale transactions related to memberships. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to personally interact with members, and to work at a place where fitness is the main goal.
fun job!
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: low pay
I loved this job. It was fun, good environment and great customers. Co workers were hard working and good people.
Terrible company
LifeTime Café Team Member (Former Employee), Vestavia Hills, ALSeptember 17, 2014
Boss would not:

- read important emails
- reply to emails
- remember important dates
- remember requested hours

Department head simply did not listen or remember anything I told him. The employers do not care about you at all.

Prepare to spend the day cleaning up corn puffs because the members let their kids go wild.
Great Work Environment
Membership Advisor (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILSeptember 16, 2014
I loved working in a gym setting. Great healthy people and nice work setting. I love fitness along with being healthy. I increased sales for the company by almost 20% in my first quarter. The managerial staff was awesome and a pleasure to work for.
Commission!
Membership Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: work life balance is not practiced.
If you like to work everyday this is a great job! Fun to work with new members. Technology is way behind the times and makes it very difficult for the day to day activities to be completed in a timely manner.
Great culture. Must be very flexible.
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXAugust 31, 2014
Pros: culture, free membership
Cons: lack of training, last minute schedule changes, inconsistent hours
Lifetime has a great company culture. Unfortunately they promote so quickly that people are not trained properly.
You must be very flexible when it comes to your schedule and it changing last minute.
Also unless you are fortunate enough to be a full time employee, expect your hours to be completely inconsistent.
Great For All
Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee), Katy, TXAugust 30, 2014
Lifetime fitness offers anything to the finest of workout equipment and latest and best workout machines, to take it all in there is also a spa, full basketball courts, rock walls, racquetball. Too much to say give it a chance and see what you think.
friendly and inviting
Life Cafe Team Member (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 28, 2014
open cafe awesome co workers hardest part was being under staffed some days. most enjoyable was giving customers a healthier option of food to consume and to interact with customers
Internship
Account Management Intern (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNAugust 27, 2014
Great internship that taught me a lot bout how to interact with clients and leadership skills. The company as a whole is good for people who thrive under high-stress situations which involve critical thinking and fast results.
Massage Therapist in a gym environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits, salon management was great and professional
Cons: short breaks, corporate/gym management was not easy to work with
My typical day at work would consist of open the back and setting my room for my clients during the day. If I didn't have any clients I had to Marketing, i.e. chair massage, sending thank you cards, sending promotions, calling clients. I also had to show client retention.
More than keeping the lights on...
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: distance from my home
Each day is similar yet unique at the same time. Ultimately it is about keeping everyone on the front lines of the customer experience up and working normally to allow them to assist our clients with the best possible service they can using the tools that we provide and support.
Great place to work!
Aquatics Instructor (Current Employee), Canton, MIAugust 19, 2014
Cons: not able to get enough work hours at the times needed
Great place to work. I love teaching people to swim and feel I have made a difference in many peoples lives around the water!
Value Subtracted Company .... not value added.
Facility Operations (Former Employee), Four different Clubs in MNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: better than nothing.
Cons: too many to truly put here.
The company promotes on the 'buddy' system rather than merit or even seniority. They pay poorly and treat staff even worse. Staff are merely a number at Life Time Fitness with no particular value or even as human beings. They talk a good game but deliver almost none of their hype. They are total bottom line and truly care very little about the clientele – more... or the staff. It is about management earning their bonus and not about customer satisfaction. They cut corners and are far from "going green" as they claim. Don't waste your time with this company. – less

Life Time Fitness Photos