Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

great job for a temp job, but don't make it a career.
Assistant Department Head (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2015
Flexible schedule, customers always right, lack of benefits and team work between departments. Team members constantly coming and going, rarely stay; same with the members.
Energetic workplace, fun and motivational
Group Fitness / Yoga Instructor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2015
Great to be part of a team of health and fitness experts, coaching and implementing nutrition and fitness routines for club members. Enjoyed helping clients achieve their fitness goals!
active and fun workplace
KIDS ACTIVITIES STAFF MEMBER (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: free membership in the facility
Cons: gossip
A typical day consisted of checking parents and children in and out of the facility, staying within ratio, and monitoring all areas of the child center. The hardest part of the job was telling parents without infant reservations, that they could not bring their child in. Most enjoyable part of the job was the age range of kids that I was able to interact with.
Good work environment with benefits
Personal Training Department Head (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 22, 2015
Good work environment. Best place to work for a personal trainer or management in regards to pay potential and benefits.
Great place to learn
GROUP FITNESS DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 20, 2015
As a relatively new person to the fitness industry this was a great place to learn and determine what direction you would like to ultimately travel in your career.
A day in the world of Lifetime
Assistant Department Head of Member Services (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNJune 18, 2015
Pros: having a free gym membership, great discounts and my co-workers
Cons: short breaks, low pay, and no work life balance
My typical day will consist of managing the team at the front desk by ensuring a high quality of customer service to every member that will walk into the building. This is possible through the proper training and shadowing that they had previously received through myself and other team members. Throughout the day of managing the front, another large piece is our day to day retention performance. Our goal is to exceed the needs/wants of our members, but in the instance where they are not fully satisfied, it is my goal to find ways for them to still value their membership verse terminating it.
Great job
Rock Wall (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJune 15, 2015
• My position at Lifetime is as a rock wall attendant; I assist in signing up members, ensuring correct safety procedures and instructing adult and children classes.
• This job has given me the opportunity to continue to experience new opportunities and to further develop my interpersonal skills. I was awarded the job having little knowledge of rock climbing. With patience, hard work and dedication I have increased my knowledge of rock climbing to the point where I now help instruct classes.
Great Place to Work
Member Engagement Advisor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 14, 2015
I love Life Time management is great! I love the principles and mission of the company. They promote advancement a great deal.
Members are awesome
Lifetime Fitness Job
Kids Activities Team Member (Current Employee), Vestavia Hills, AlJune 9, 2015
It is a very active job! I always have to be on full alert, I enjoy my job very much. I also get free membership and i can take my son with me.
Great place to have a part time job
Kids Academy Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 7, 2015
Great place to work part time or hourly. Great perks and fun people. I learned many new skills. The most enjoyable part was the free membership. Awesome way to have a cool job and stay on shape.
good company, great benefits
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee), allen/mckinneyJune 6, 2015
I enjoyed my experience, fun time, convenient. The free membership was also really nice and enjoyable. the facillity is really nice.
One Big healthy Family.
Faculty Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Discount an the Cafe, hair salon, Personal trainers, hard working team members.
Cons: Difficult customers, Corporate can be very demanding.
Finding the balance between work and life can be difficult for us all. But working here made it easy. Life time naturally just becomes a part of your life. Making those early mornings not so bad and those late nights sometimes exciting.
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 5, 2015
Pros: free work outs
Cons: nasty gym germs
came to work and got straight to cleaning I learned that the people at the exercise place are nasty and don't appreciate the gym my manager was never there we worked alone the hardest part of the job was touching all the sweaty gym stuff the most enjoyable part was being able to work out for free my coworkers was my grandma and mom so we got along great
Great exercise club with many amenities to work with
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: 100% commision based
This is an excellent club to train at. It is located 15 minutes from the busiest attraction city in the world. It has great amenities and equipment to work with and a high end club at that.
fun place to work
operation Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 28, 2015
I love the members that worked out there didn't like the management there, hard to up in management as a minority. they treated most of the black workers bad and, in low level jobs with very limited advancement and only give promotions, to friends and family members.
Great
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 22, 2015
Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great
Very high paced
o Lifeguard (Current Employee), Henderson, NVMay 21, 2015
My typical day at work would be being on stand 90% of the time. While the other 10% would be cleaning. The percentage might be small, but we are expected to clean the whole aquatics department within that short amount of time that we have. I have learned that team work is dream work and you need others to help you accomplish one goal. Our management is good, they are very strict on us and what we are limited to. The hardest part about my job would be making sure that everyone is always safe and nobody dies.
Great benefits
Member Services Department Head (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXMay 20, 2015
As management expect to work 50+ hours a week
Great benefits, vacation, life insurance, health insurance, 401K
Room for growth in certain departments but is an "Old Boys" system
MEMBER SERVICE DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great place to start a carer and get your feet wet. You have the ability to gain sales experience, customer service and people management skills
Cons: Poor work life balance and lack of direction from upper management
Great place to get your feet wet learn alot about business with the specific structure that LTF has. If you are into working out and living the healthy way of life you might be able to deal with the lack of leadership and the constant change of direction. Traditionally the Fire, Aim, Ready method is used when rolling out new programs or processes and at times is very frustrating for staff and management.
Cool place to work
Daycare Provider (Former Employee), South Euclid, OHMay 15, 2015
The gym membership was awesome to have when you were employed at this gym. Excellent employees to work with I highly recommend them

Life Time Fitness Salaries