Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

fun place to work
operation Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 28, 2015
I love the members that worked out there didn't like the management there, hard to up in management as a minority. they treated most of the black workers bad and, in low level jobs with very limited advancement and only give promotions, to friends and family members.
Great
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 22, 2015
Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great
Very high paced
o Lifeguard (Current Employee), Henderson, NVMay 21, 2015
My typical day at work would be being on stand 90% of the time. While the other 10% would be cleaning. The percentage might be small, but we are expected to clean the whole aquatics department within that – more... short amount of time that we have. I have learned that team work is dream work and you need others to help you accomplish one goal. Our management is good, they are very strict on us and what we are limited to. The hardest part about my job would be making sure that everyone is always safe and nobody dies. – less
Great benefits
Member Services Department Head (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXMay 20, 2015
As management expect to work 50+ hours a week
Great benefits, vacation, life insurance, health insurance, 401K
Room for growth in certain departments but is an "Old Boys" system
MEMBER SERVICE DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great place to start a carer and get your feet wet. You have the ability to gain sales experience, customer service and people management skills
Cons: Poor work life balance and lack of direction from upper management
Great place to get your feet wet learn alot about business with the specific structure that LTF has. If you are into working out and living the healthy way of life you might be able to deal with the lack – more... of leadership and the constant change of direction. Traditionally the Fire, Aim, Ready method is used when rolling out new programs or processes and at times is very frustrating for staff and management. – less
Cool place to work
Daycare Provider (Former Employee), South Euclid, OHMay 15, 2015
The gym membership was awesome to have when you were employed at this gym. Excellent employees to work with I highly recommend them
Productive and never boring workplace with tons of options
Rock Climbing Instructor (Current Employee), Burr Ridge, ILMay 14, 2015
Pros: Indoor and outdoor pool, gymnasium, basketball courts, yoga rooms, rock climbing wall, spa
Cons: Health insurance, no ability to move up in positions, pay
Coworkers are very respectful and all are enjoyable to work with. Everyone at Lifetime tries their best to cooperate and work together to solve any situations that might arise. It is everyone's goal to – more... help out the members obtain the best experience possible out of every visit to the club.
A typical day at work includes interacting with members, both adolescence and adults. The club's biggest focus is health; therefore, the work day always includes educating members about different possibilities to stay healthy and in shape.
Hardest part of the job would have to be when the workday ends.
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people learn new activities and seeing how happy it makes them. – less
Pretty Okay
Team Member (Current Employee), ColumbiaMay 14, 2015
Schedule was flexible, the people i worked with were nice. Getting lots of hours was tough and a simple promotion is a lot of work. The customer flow is constant and busy so the days seem short. Over all good starting job for anyone looking to get in to customer service or food industry.
Healthy-minded atmosphere
Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Cary, NCMay 12, 2015
A typical day included planning activities for elementary aged children which included gym, pool, Rockwall, and outdoor games.
College Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Sugar LandMay 11, 2015
Pros: Discounts on products
Cons: Too Many
Worked with limited and constrained time frames to deliver detailed deadlines and procedural processes to reduce redundancy and improve accuracy and efficiency to achieve organizational objectives and – more... goals. Also held the position of “Manager on Duty” for overall club operations when required. Assisted in all areas of business development including member engagement activities, receptionist duties, file organization, supervising motivational speaking capabilities, personal and professional training. – less
People oriented management making sure employees are happy
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 8, 2015
Pros: People oriented
Cons: lower pay
When They gave me the job, I had the best time and easiest time delivering what I do best to their customers. Together we thrived in health and happiness.
All about the members
LifeClinic Coordinator (Current Employee), Dublin, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: healthcare, job security
This company is a very healthy way of life. They will always bend over backwards for the members that sign up. I've never loved a place to work more. Just wish they would put that much investment into their actual team members as well.
Good place to work for a first time job
Supervisor of lifeguards (Former Employee), Westminster, COMay 8, 2015
Place was very nice. People were very nice as well. Management was a bit off. Employees didn't respect the managers as much as they should.
Fun place to work with amazing people.
Front Desk/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: Communication between departments
I love being able to connect with people with a smile and a simple hello. All my co-workers are fun and respectful. I have learned so much about people working at Lifetime and how to handle each individual in a way the suits them.
Better then the Rest
Regional Metabolic Specialist (Current Employee), Centennial, COApril 29, 2015
If your going to work for a corporate fitness company this is the place to be. Beautiful clubs in great locations.

But you'll work far more hours then anyone needs to make the money you want.

There – more... is a lot of movement and chances to advance, that being said those jobs are opening up because others don't want them.

They have some kinks to work out and would probably still be there if there was a way to have stable pay and work-life balance.

Lifetime does many things right. – less
Active and engaging
Member Services Team Member (Former Employee), Westminster, COApril 29, 2015
Very fun to volunteer it. Great atmosphere and everyone was always so nice and friendly. I am now a member and the experience is just as great.
Great college job
Team Member (Current Employee), AustinApril 25, 2015
It isn't a good company to move up with. Compensation is minimal. Good job if you are a college student needing flexible scheduling.
very active environment
Sales/Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJApril 24, 2015
worked at the front desk where I scanned all customers gym passes. at least 3 times a day I would lead a group on a tour of the facility, which included 2 olympic size pools, a sauna, 2 full size basketball courts, a rock wall, and 4 tennis courts.
Fun but stressful
Café Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, discount on services
Cons: low pay, unqualified people in management positions
I work in the life cafe. When I first started, I loved it. After being here a year I have noticed a lot of unfairness, favoritism, sneakiness, and gossip. My intentions when I took the position in the – more... cafe were to transfer to another department. I have tried several times to get an interview but have been looked over.

The department head is always short staffing the schedule to stay under budget. We never have all the things we need when preparing customer items. – less
Family oriented workplace
LifeSpa Department Head (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: no work/life balance
If my pay check matched all of my hard work and MANY hours I put in, there's no way I would have left. If you get ever voice your opinion in management when asked and upper management doesn't agree with you, then you're pretty much black-balled and any chances of progressing within the company are over.

Life Time Fitness Salaries