Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Fun
Summer Fitness Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 6, 2016
I enjoy working for Lifetime. The people here are very nice and always welcoming when you first walk in. My supervisor is always letting us express our concerns, and acknowledges us. I worked Birthday Parties, PNO, Camps, Child Center.
Flexible hours with very low pay
Ultimate Hoops Regional Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2016
I would not recommend Life Time Fitness as an employer to any of my friends or family. Their expectations are very high while the compensation is extremely low. For the work we do, our salary should be doubled, and that's not an exaggeration.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, chance for advancement low
Great company, poor management
Personal Trainer/Nutrition Coach (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27616February 7, 2016
They have a lot of advanced technology to help better your clients and are ahead of the game on most things in the health and fitness industry. The managers are terrible. I've dealt with two different ones and they both did not leave me with good guidance and were very pushy to my clients which is why I quit.
Life Cafe is somewhat Productive , They do need to show mor concern to their employees.
Life Cafe Suporvisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I come into work for 5.00 in the morning, open and count the drawers for the morning shift. prep and get the food. coffee and smoothie stations all prepped for the morning shift. I log everything in my Suporvisor Log Book, make my food labels and start prepping the food for my Grab- Go Coolers. I have learned the different ways to run the Cafe at its best. I have made the Cafe a fun but organized place to work for my team members who worked under me. The hardest part of the jobb is to keep all my team members focused on their work. The most enjoyable part of my job is Interacting with the member, moms and their kids and going above and beyond to make everyone feel welcomed in the club and the Cafe.
Pros
Health Care, 401k free membership
Cons
Breaks No free meals
Fun, Healthy and Motivating Work Culture
Membership Services Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2016
Everyone is positive, energetic and friendly .Great atmosphere to be in for long periods. Pay scale was limited and turn over was frequent due to limited Career roles.
Not Best Job Youll Have
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 2, 2016
I started out as just a line cook. It was a good job, but i wasn't making enough money. I asked for a raise after over a year, and they were so corporately ran, they would refuse even a penny (even though they're worth millions.) I finally worked my way up to supervisor, then to sous chef. I started liking it until all my friends ended up leaving and we got an entirely new crew. They had no idea what they were doing and constantly needed help. Management was alright, there weren't and great or horrible ones. The hardest part of the job was multitasking while others are standing around and you ask them to help and they just ignore you.
Pros
worked with friends
Cons
barely any breaks, low pay, bad hires
Intresting place to work
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2016
Management is very distant from the employees.
Does not focus on growth of their employees.
Lots of gossip between co workers
Members of the club are great to work with
Not many benefits for part timers
Under staffed
poor compensation and no job security
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 14, 2016
Overall bad place to work. They don't respect employees, even management. You can make more most places. They adjust the commission payout every month so you never make more than they want you to.
Fun place to work, did not like how I got treated
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILDecember 30, 2015
A typical day at work for me was come in at 7 am clean all the work out machines, fold towels, and greet members. Most of my coworkers were great to work with, while others did not treat you right at all, and if something did not go the way they wanted it to, they would yell at anyone. The hardest part of this job had to be getting up and cleaning for up to 3 hours. The most enjoyable part of this job had to be seeing and greeting all of the members.
Promises made-not backed up
Overnight Facility Operations Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXMay 16, 2016
Not really that bad of a place to work. There is not a whole lot of growth options. Good place to work if you are needing a free membership and work just a few hours while going to school.
The clubs themselves are awesome
Operations Assistant Department Head (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNMay 17, 2016
Need to be willing to work hard in operations. Pay is not great especially considering what they are bringing in from members.
Pros
Best part is the free membership
Cons
Pay in not very good
Welcoming company with lots of friendly loyal guest
operations facility (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 4, 2016
I work majority evenings and it gets very busy with the group training workout classes and all you hear and see is how fun everyone is having plus the kids in the childcare center are always pumped up with there parents as well. There's nothing to hard at this job we love working together building an excellent experience for the entire friends and family.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2016
long long long hours. No weekends off hardly ever. Be ready to work 12 hour days. Leads can be thin at times. Long hours. You will be on the phone a lot and at the end of each month you will be working 30 hours over two days almost.
Best Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 17, 2016
Everyone at lifetime was great. Couldn't ask for better staff and people to be around. They worked around my school and gave me discounts on haircuts,food, and free membership. What more could you ask for?
Benefits
Go apply elsewhere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 1, 2016
Truth is this job is pathetic. A lot is expected out of you with little compensation. Unless you enjoy working hard while getting paid minimum wage; then youre better off working somewhere else.
Pros
Meeting members
The whole building and every piece of technical equipment is my responsibility
chief engineer (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJanuary 5, 2016
-Walkthroughs everyday, and handling any issues found ASAP
-Project management, Budgeting, Scheduling, Vendor negotiations
-I have great managers that i work very well with
-I work very well with my co workers
-Keeping track of everything going on
-I love fixing things
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Very little time off, no holidays
A fun place to work but commission only
Pilates Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 21, 2016
A great place if you want to work hard and feel like a business owner.

Being on commission only isn't in my best interest at this time.
Pros
mostly super positive people and beautiful place in terms of a gym.
Cons
extra and long hours.
Positive energy and atmosphere to work in
MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 23, 2016
I have worked at Life Time Fitness for over 12 years. The club has a very positive, energetic atmosphere. Management, team members and members are great to work with.
Positive
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Commerce, MIJune 10, 2016
My experience with Life Time Fitness has been quite the positive one. This company has provided me with knowledge of how a successful company runs and a whole lot of experience with a wide variety of clientele.
Good Team to work with.
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2016
Great atmosphere and experience. Nice people to work for and friendly environment. They present a likable staff and clean clubs for exercising and healthy grooming for the individual body.
Pros
Healthy way of Living for members.
Cons
Salaries can be competitive.