Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Little chance for any time off. Extremely low compensation.
Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Parker, COMarch 1, 2015
Typical work days are generally routine and the same day to day. Management has little to no ambition to move themselves up personally which leaves all of their subordinates in a position of not being able to advance within the company. This also creates low moral between different departments and the employees in general.
Asst Dept Head
Assistant Department Head (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: pay, benefits, weekend/holiday work
The ADH at Lifetime is probably one of the most underpaid, over worked positions at this company. The DH gives so many tasks to this 'Assistant Manager' and expects 110% commitment and devotion, but refuses to pay the position more than $11 an hour.
I love Life time Eagan
Life Cafe Department Head (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: loved it
Cons: non at all
It was a great experience and was very proud to say I worked there.
I was the cafe department which mean I was the CEO COO CFO of my department. It was just time to move on. I was not looking for a job and was approached by Joe Hahs to come work for him.
It's the US ARMY...enough said
Operations Assistant Department Head (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Life in the Army is a unique experience. Go out, take the plunge and get some life experience. Enjoy it while it lasts. It has good benefits but it is an all consuming job.
Rock wall and child care are the best positions here
Team Member (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Beware of working in the front, those who do usually get little to no freedom. And are constantly on a tight leash, even for activities that have no hindrance or negative impact.
Healthy way of life company
Supervisor/Kids Activities (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Nice, healthy promoting fitness club with exceptional amenities for members and employees. offers full family experience from play centers to recreational events for adults.
Premier Fitness Facility
ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 17, 2015
Incredible place to work for. As mentioned before, lifetime fitness is a healthy way of life company, that promotes positivity and perseverance in your personal life.
Very social, but unmanaged
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee), TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: poor management
I worked with Microsoft Dynamics as well as Salesforce on a daily basis. Created new leads from current customers as well as incoming ones. Helped connect our new members to their areas of interest.
I learned how to proficiently operate these systems. Market my product through email.
Management was very disconnected from the GM to my direct manager
Co-workers are who helped me learn everything I knew. The personal trainers taught me infinite amounts of knowledge about the human body.
Hardest part was keeping people out of my office. The members would always come in and chat for seemingly long periods of time while I was trying to get work done.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the socializing and building of wonderful friendships.
Management Position
Manager (Former Employee), Collierville, TNFebruary 9, 2015
When I come in at the beginning of the day I check through all of my emails and make notes to have a plan for the day for returning responses and handling situations according to need. There is a highly effective schedule which I follow as far as checking budgeting matrix where labor is tracked as well as the revenue forecast to see what my needs are and where I can pivot certain areas of needs to make goal for the monthly budget. I also hire new team members and keep up with their compliance needs as well as phone screening and setting up new individuals with first interviews, interviewing them then sending to the next interview if they qualify. I deal with employees on a daily bases as far as their needs in the schedule and making sure their work life balance is even. I also make sure all marketing is up to date and I assist members with any needs they may have concerning signing up for programming and being informed of activities. I also contact new members and make a personal connection and let them know who I am and where information can be found that they might need. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the numbers reflect the success of the decisions I make to promote certain marketing ideas as well as the happiness of the members who have received a great experience!
Seeing clients achieve their goals
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: a time limit on getting new people
I loved the work environment and working with different types of people. Helping them achieve their goals and the gym setting.
Camp Counselor
Activities Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Colleyville, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: was able to participate in fun activities and be a rolemodel to young children
Cons: patience was always being tested
I was a summer/holiday break camp counselor at one of the highest known gyms across the country. I was in charge of ten kids in daily activities such as gym games, rock climbing, swimming, arts and crafts, and once a week field trips.
Hope You Like Working....
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), SchaumburgFebruary 5, 2015
While there are a lot of perks to working at Life Time, they don't know a lot about work-life balance. You're overwork and always underpaid. Your co-workers are great though.
fast paced
Operations Team Member (Current Employee), lawrenceville,GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: no breaks
Fast paced facility which includes folding towels and keeping the gym clean and neat. No breaks are schedule since providing members for high quality experience.
Meeting and connecting with new members.
Cafe Supervisor (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILJanuary 31, 2015
Walking in with a positive and energetic attitude helps with getting work done and making members happy. Management was attentive to certain needs and flexible with scheduling. Co-workers were great, yet some didn't know how to be a team player. Hardest part of the job was staying relaxed when under pressure when heavy flow of customers aroused. Learning how to multitask and work as a team with punctuality makes the work environment healthy as well as customers.
Upbeat commercial facility for those with very energetic personalities. Difficult to maintain steady income.
Fitness Professional/ Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Cary, North CarolinaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free membership to a high dollar health and fitness club included with employment.
Cons: income
This is a large commercial Health, Fitness and Wellness facility that caters to all aspects of physical well-being. For the hired Fitness Professional/ Personal Trainer, starting up your business can be a challenge.

The management team and fellow co-workers are typically very kind, courteous and helpful, especially when you are first starting out. The most difficult part of the job is establishing and maintaining clientele due to the extremely expensive rates that Lifetime charges members, both monthly membership and Personal Training rates.

Lifetime does not offer base income for Personal Trainers. Income is solely 100% commission. I was also a bit unhappy with management for not stating this information during the interview process. They were a bit grey and misleading on how they pay their employees.

Overall, I enjoyed working for Lifetime Fitness due to the positive and upbeat atmosphere. My decision to leave Lifetime Fitness was primarily based on the difficult challenge of maintaining a steady income.
I had a lot of fun working for Life Time Fitness
Senior Camp Counselor/ Birthday Party Attendant (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 27, 2015
I was with Life Time while still in undergraduate school and competing as a varsity athlete. I enjoyed the flexibility with my school and athletic schedule. I enjoyed working with kids at Life Time and the activities we offered for the children to participate in. I felt respected and appreciated for the work I did. I was in great company with my peers and management and I loved the facility I was able to work in.
Loved!!!
Sales/Management (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay, company, changing people's lives
Cons: work/life balance
Fun, challenging, sales position that changed peoples lives!
Pretty on the outside, crummy pay system and terrible IT systems
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee), Houston TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: nice place
Cons: backwards management culture, sales
Poor on-boarding process and compensation plan for new RD's starting out, they will not tell you that you have to do between 15-20 hours of unpaid administration time and free appointments per week (starting out almost everything you do is free!). The leadership above you is also commissioned so they are your competition which is a big conflict of interest. You will find yourself straying away from your true recommendations to help people in order to sell them more things so you can make money. Every meeting is about sales and sales numbers. They make you feel important (automatically part of leadership) but they do not pay you for it at all...They will tell you that the income potential is unlimited but then you will be making $10/hr starting out. The income potential is limited because of all the free (unpaid) activities they expect of you. They will also want you to pull people off the floor as clients. They want you to sign everyone up for automatic monthly appointments because this is how you make them the most money and a way to "pad your paycheck". Your income and schedule is dependent on your clients, and you are solely responsible for being your own scheduler, booking your days full back-to-back for an "highly effective schedule". You also have to clean equipment daily.

They have done a great job at streamlining functional medicine supplements and lab testing for RD's to take advantage of.

The RD position needs to be salaried plus commission. We paid a lot of money for our education and credentials, we cant start out with a similar compensation package to the personal trainers (who see clients more often then we do, and have more opportunity for groups which makes more money.
Upbeat fast paced environment
Life Café Team Member (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free membership for my family
Cons: didn't advance like they said was possible
I got to meet a lot of different people from all walks of life and hear their success/comeback stories. It was incredible.
Fun work environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Warrenville, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: inconsistent pay, mandatory meetings that we did not get paid to attend.
Typical day: Trained an average of 4-8 clients per day. In my down time I was responsible for cleaning a specific section of the gym and or administrative work. I loved all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the inconsistency of pay because we only get paid per client. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing people change their lifestyles and become healthier, happier people.

Life Time Fitness Salaries