Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 1,121 reviews matching the search
exciting and top-notch facilities
Facility Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 22, 2017
Lifetime does a great job of bringing in clients with their mission statement and lifestyle suggestions. they put everything in place for someone to become their best selves. but as an employee it is a very corporate structure that was not fun to be a part of
Has great things, but doesn't have great benefits for employees
Nail Therapist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 22, 2017
I stick out a job to always work hard and advance, after time always slow having clients and other departments that don't appreciate a service, working 9.hrly was not advancing, recieving more clients but not being able to pay my bills was hard to take.
Pros
great place with alot of things to do
Cons
not making it enough where I could pay my bills, or even get my kids into any programs there.
Face paced work environment, great team building.
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 20, 2017
A day at Life time fitness can be fantastic! Everyone works together and make sure they are available to hep one another.
I've learned how to work in fast paced areas and bettered my customer service skills learning to help in any way possible.
Management is amazing, if you have any problem regarding work or outside of work I would feel comfortable talking to them.
The culture inside of the workplace is so reliable and relaxed and I never feel uncomfortable.
The hardest part of the job would be the training, but as soon as you figure everything out it becomes second nature.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help members/ non-members reach their goal for a healthy way of life.
Pros
Great teams
Decent place to work
Member Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2017
There are pros and cons, like any company but the management is average. All things vary by club, but overall Lifetime needs to pay their employees better -- this would improve the very frequent, consistent turnover in each department.
Pros
Flexible time-off requests, clean, generally positive atmosphere due to awesome members
Cons
Income is low, and raises are not annual; very cheap company when it comes to paying staff for the work expected.
great
Front Desk Receptionist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 18, 2017
great starting point to learn about costumer service. can be stressful but great interactive with coworkers. costumer service calls and check ins at the front desk
Management sucked.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 14, 2017
Management was the worst. Aquatics has never had a stable manager and is always changing, making members extremely frustrated. They'd always yell at the lifeguards and swim instructors since there was no management and we don't have any power to do anything except try to calm down the members. We've lost so many members throughout the past 3 years....
Get experience and then get out
Former personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2017
I worked in a smaller boutique club. Management was lackadaisical at best and unqualified at worst. The PT manager has no personal training certifications. Twelve trainers have left in the last year alone. The company works on draw, which means you have to pay them back for any hourly paychecks that you receive. It's not bad for a first job, but gain your experience and then leave.
Pros
Good health insurance, make your own schedule
Cons
Management, draw payback, high sales goals
Ltf
Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIJune 13, 2017
I worked here while i was still in high school for a short time. The gym is really nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and the pay was good as well.
Fun Part-Time Job for Young Kid
Kids Activities Member (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAJune 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the workplace environment itself- the gym itself is beautiful and offers a wide-variety of opportunities to improve one's health. Another great benefit are the free gym-membership and discounts to goods and services sold by Life Time Fitness. The hardest part of the job was the monotony of the jobs- sometimes, the job is simply to watch the kids and make sure they are in a safe environment. Another difficulty was cleaning up the bodily waste the kids occasionally would produce on various surfaces. The workplace culture was calm and low-tension and management was vigilant but caring. I learned how to operate and be responsible in a part-time job which I felt was formative as a young teenager.
Allowed to play music in the back of house
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 13, 2017
Lifetime Ajax is a respectful business that cares for its staff, they provide us with amazing benefits and also are flexible with our hours. I learned working under pressure, dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
Discounts, free membership
Life Time was not a great fit for me
Club Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 12, 2017
Working at Life Time long term worked for me because of the benefits. Unfortunately, my job was often shifted and changed due to changes in corporate policies. This often left me interviewing for my own job or a version of it.
Fun, and great first job to have
Facility Operations Assistant Dept. Head (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 12, 2017
Fun and friendly environment. Shared lots of laughs,a busy place. Also fun to meet a lot of new people everyday. Easy to get a long with management, and members, as well as safe, very inviting
Pros
Friendly
Cons
too busy
Good Benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 12, 2017
All employees get free gym memberships.
Upper management doesn't have proper knowledge of individual departments, which makes things tough at times.
Easy job, low pay.
Pros
Free memberships, good benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Positive, friendly atmosphere
Life Cafe Team Member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 12, 2017
Overall, I loved helping prepare and serve food to people who were apart of this gym. These people were primarily very appreciative about our service and food/shakes we served. The management was changing a lot, but other than that I have nothing to complain about.
Pros
Positive, energetic environment
Cons
management changes
Good for young people
Front Desk Team Member (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 12, 2017
Good work environment with low wages, not many opportunities to advance. It was a good entry job out of high school with a free membership and flexible scheduling
Great co-workers, amazing boss, fun environment
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 11, 2017
I loved this job! I was front desk and had a lot of fun interacting with the members, my co-workers were really fun and it was a very nice, clean environment to work in
Review
Rock Wall Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2017
Here I worked as a team member at the rock wall within LIfetime Fitness Tulsa. I was in charge of checking members in and out of the wall area as well as wall and gear management. I also worked as a route setter.
company is a typical corporate company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 10, 2017
The company is a company that means well with their ideology. It works for people who have no family. I think they want to achieve work life balance, however for me it was not what worked for my family.
Pros
Fun, free membership, great staff and management
Cons
work life balance
Wasn't productive, manager is a racist
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 9, 2017
A typical day working here was fun.. Family,parents,and kids were great and very nice , loved working here. What I learned here was to always keep your options open and stay open minded, Management was very rude,had something against people of different races, talked to very rude and belittled you didn't make you feel comfortable to come if you had a problem, but the work place was great, employees very nice and great becoming friends with the staff, staff was very nice , did more then the manager did.Nothing really to hard about the job,just seeing manager after the shift ended was the most uncomfortable for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy families and working with children.
Pros
Great working with staff
Cons
Manager sucks
Sexist assitants and account managers
Operations Supervisor (Day) (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2017
My club hired a past account manager that was fired from another club in the same state for hitting on a minor, did not feel comfortable with that. The members are who you keep coming back for!