Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employer Reviews

High Energy and Open Platform
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Dallas, TxOctober 7, 2014
I have the liberty to entertain,educate, inspire, and motivate members to encounter a euphoric experience in group fitness. What I like the most is that I am able to teach my format from an individualistic approach that it tailored to my strengths, which allows me to pull that same strength out of others. Management is very supportive and the communication is positively consistent. The hardest part is pushing through when it has been along day and or I am physically/mentally drained. However, once I get on that stage its like another "me" takes over we always have a great class with positive results.
Good Benefits but very boring
Member Services (Current Employee), Cary, NCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: no breaks, nothing to do
The job as a front desk attendant is extremely boring and the hours are not good. Also, the pay is not good as well.
Good people
Aquatics Supervisor (Current Employee), shelby twp MiOctober 1, 2014
enjoy coworkers
very corporate
rules constantly changing
Busy
Café Employee (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 26, 2014
Very productive workplace. Always busy. I made shakes and smoothies. I help stock and do inventory.
Fitness based establishment
Lifetime Fitness Team Member (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at work at this establishment involved me checking in the gym members. I would also complete sale transactions related to memberships. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to personally interact with members, and to work at a place where fitness is the main goal.
fun job!
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: low pay
I loved this job. It was fun, good environment and great customers. Co workers were hard working and good people.
Terrible company
LifeTime Café Team Member (Former Employee), Vestavia Hills, ALSeptember 17, 2014
Boss would not:

- read important emails
- reply to emails
- remember important dates
- remember requested hours

Department head simply did not listen or remember anything I told him. The employers do not care about you at all.

Prepare to spend the day cleaning up corn puffs because the members let their kids go wild.
Great Work Environment
Membership Advisor (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILSeptember 16, 2014
I loved working in a gym setting. Great healthy people and nice work setting. I love fitness along with being healthy. I increased sales for the company by almost 20% in my first quarter. The managerial staff was awesome and a pleasure to work for.
Commission!
Membership Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: work life balance is not practiced.
If you like to work everyday this is a great job! Fun to work with new members. Technology is way behind the times and makes it very difficult for the day to day activities to be completed in a timely manner.
Great culture. Must be very flexible.
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXAugust 31, 2014
Pros: culture, free membership
Cons: lack of training, last minute schedule changes, inconsistent hours
Lifetime has a great company culture. Unfortunately they promote so quickly that people are not trained properly.
You must be very flexible when it comes to your schedule and it changing last minute.
Also unless you are fortunate enough to be a full time employee, expect your hours to be completely inconsistent.
Great For All
Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee), Katy, TXAugust 30, 2014
Lifetime fitness offers anything to the finest of workout equipment and latest and best workout machines, to take it all in there is also a spa, full basketball courts, rock walls, racquetball. Too much to say give it a chance and see what you think.
friendly and inviting
Life Cafe Team Member (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 28, 2014
open cafe awesome co workers hardest part was being under staffed some days. most enjoyable was giving customers a healthier option of food to consume and to interact with customers
Internship
Account Management Intern (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNAugust 27, 2014
Great internship that taught me a lot bout how to interact with clients and leadership skills. The company as a whole is good for people who thrive under high-stress situations which involve critical thinking and fast results.
Massage Therapist in a gym environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits, salon management was great and professional
Cons: short breaks, corporate/gym management was not easy to work with
My typical day at work would consist of open the back and setting my room for my clients during the day. If I didn't have any clients I had to Marketing, i.e. chair massage, sending thank you cards, sending promotions, calling clients. I also had to show client retention.
More than keeping the lights on...
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: distance from my home
Each day is similar yet unique at the same time. Ultimately it is about keeping everyone on the front lines of the customer experience up and working normally to allow them to assist our clients with the best possible service they can using the tools that we provide and support.
Great place to work!
Aquatics Instructor (Current Employee), Canton, MIAugust 19, 2014
Cons: not able to get enough work hours at the times needed
Great place to work. I love teaching people to swim and feel I have made a difference in many peoples lives around the water!
Value Subtracted Company .... not value added.
Facility Operations (Former Employee), Four different Clubs in MNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: better than nothing.
Cons: too many to truly put here.
The company promotes on the 'buddy' system rather than merit or even seniority. They pay poorly and treat staff even worse. Staff are merely a number at Life Time Fitness with no particular value or even as human beings. They talk a good game but deliver almost none of their hype. They are total bottom line and truly care very little about the clientele or the staff. It is about management earning their bonus and not about customer satisfaction. They cut corners and are far from "going green" as they claim. Don't waste your time with this company.
lifetime fitness
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Austin, TxAugust 11, 2014
Pros: help people reach fitness goals
Cons: very high stress job
o Develop safe, professional and exciting training programs to assist individuals in achieving desired weight
o Instruct and monitor clients during workout session to ensure safety and performance of exercise correctly
o Educate members on how to stay healthy and fit throughout life
o Conduct fitness consultations for new clients to assess and recommend personal training programs
o Craft retention plans to maintain steady level of revenue
o Selected as Personal Trainer of the Month several times during tenure
High Turnover, Corporate Failure, Poor Leadership
Department Head-Spa Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TexasAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free fitness membership that you never have time to use because you have to put in so many hours!
Cons: everything mentioned in my review.
I was the hardest working employee, and so "bought-in" until I realized this company is just using me, like they are using everyone. Training was promised and not delivered. I had to deal with the worst team in the company who are full of liars, thieves (who still remain employed after management knows), negative employees... My GM was backstabbing and unprofessional. He would always comment on female employees body parts and give me uncomfortable hugs.. Told me I was doing a wonderful job, so in the end I never thought he would be out to screw me. I was used in the end to train my ne supervisor along with all my other duties, at half the pay! How awkward?
I found a new job, gave my notice, then my boss tried to screw me out of my PTO by opting for involuntarily terminating me! However, my notice was given so I contacted HR (HR sided with me because I was right) and they are paying me that time plus two weeks anyway. I wonder how people sleep at night!!! Base pay is 40k a year but the workload requires you work 60-80 hours a week!!!! Which means you make minimum wage pretty much!! If you have a life outside of work this would not be a good fit! Unrealistic goals based on prior year numbers before Corporate implemented some wild ideas that forced reduced client retention numbers.
Fun, Relaxed and very chill envirnment
Member Services/ Front Desk (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2014
A Typical day at work starts with cleaning and helping Ops. with Bathroom Checks and towels.
Checking in Members and their guests.
Setting up MEA's to meet new Guests that would like to try and future wise join the gym.
Enter in Sales Force New Guests Information.
Answer Phones