Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

People oriented management making sure employees are happy
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 8, 2015
Pros: People oriented
Cons: lower pay
When They gave me the job, I had the best time and easiest time delivering what I do best to their customers. Together we thrived in health and happiness.
All about the members
LifeClinic Coordinator (Current Employee), Dublin, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: healthcare, job security
This company is a very healthy way of life. They will always bend over backwards for the members that sign up. I've never loved a place to work more. Just wish they would put that much investment into their actual team members as well.
Good place to work for a first time job
Supervisor of lifeguards (Former Employee), Westminster, COMay 8, 2015
Place was very nice. People were very nice as well. Management was a bit off. Employees didn't respect the managers as much as they should.
Fun place to work with amazing people.
Front Desk/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: Communication between departments
I love being able to connect with people with a smile and a simple hello. All my co-workers are fun and respectful. I have learned so much about people working at Lifetime and how to handle each individual in a way the suits them.
Better then the Rest
Regional Metabolic Specialist (Current Employee), Centennial, COApril 29, 2015
If your going to work for a corporate fitness company this is the place to be. Beautiful clubs in great locations.

But you'll work far more hours then anyone needs to make the money you want.

There is a lot of movement and chances to advance, that being said those jobs are opening up because others don't want them.

They have some kinks to work out and would probably still be there if there was a way to have stable pay and work-life balance.

Lifetime does many things right.
Active and engaging
Member Services Team Member (Former Employee), Westminster, COApril 29, 2015
Very fun to volunteer it. Great atmosphere and everyone was always so nice and friendly. I am now a member and the experience is just as great.
Great college job
Team Member (Current Employee), AustinApril 25, 2015
It isn't a good company to move up with. Compensation is minimal. Good job if you are a college student needing flexible scheduling.
very active environment
Sales/Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJApril 24, 2015
worked at the front desk where I scanned all customers gym passes. at least 3 times a day I would lead a group on a tour of the facility, which included 2 olympic size pools, a sauna, 2 full size basketball courts, a rock wall, and 4 tennis courts.
Fun but stressful
Café Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, discount on services
Cons: low pay, unqualified people in management positions
I work in the life cafe. When I first started, I loved it. After being here a year I have noticed a lot of unfairness, favoritism, sneakiness, and gossip. My intentions when I took the position in the cafe were to transfer to another department. I have tried several times to get an interview but have been looked over.

The department head is always short staffing the schedule to stay under budget. We never have all the things we need when preparing customer items.
Family oriented workplace
LifeSpa Department Head (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: no work/life balance
If my pay check matched all of my hard work and MANY hours I put in, there's no way I would have left. If you get ever voice your opinion in management when asked and upper management doesn't agree with you, then you're pretty much black-balled and any chances of progressing within the company are over.
Horrible place to work, I would never recommend any person to work for this company in the Salon & Spa
Aesthician (Former Employee), San Antonio, Texas La CanteraApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free 24 Membership
Cons: Needing to deal with childish & unprofessional co-workers & employees
Was really pumped and exicited aobut having landed this ultimate job at the finest Fitness Club in San Antonio, Texas @ La Cantera. To begin, the manager of the Spa & Salon had just newly been hired 2 months prior to my arrival. speaking with a co-worker within my Spa Deprtment I learned every single Aesthitician as well as 4 Cosmetologist, Hair Stylists had gathered together & all up & quit together – more... taking several established & well to do clientele with them. Inside scenario was corporate office was making serious changes to the way the way the Salon & Spa business as well as operations was being conductecd. Speaking with my co-worker in the Spa department also came to find out that this particular Lifetime Fitness at the La Cantera location was under investigation due to breach of confidentiality in clintele files that mysterilously ended up missing, weeks prior to my arrival and hire. The supervisor of the Salon was uncooth & extremely unprofessional and other co-workers working the front desk acted childish and the envirorment was not at all what was expected in a professional salon atmosphere. I was informed by the Salon manager I needed to continuously kiss *** to the front desk girls/staff because they were in charge of booking my clintele for the time being. Moreover, for being such a large establsihment there was no autoclave or EPA to even sterilze implements being used on clientele either. There had been several violations for unsanitary conditions that should have been reported to OSHA. This establishment was not at all professional & the working envirorment was horrible. I would never recommend working there to anyone. – less
Energetic and Productive
Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Allen, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership, and employee discounts
Cons: Must pay for parts of uniform
Work with children of all skill levels and backgrounds.
Learned good, effective communication and instruction methods.
Great management, and fun co-workers.
Some children greatly dislike swimming.
It's always rewarding to see a child master a new skill.
Demanding Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free Lifetime Membership
Cons: Long hours, not good pay for the amount of work and hours put in.
Long Hours, inconsistent management, performance based environment. Can't have back to back days off unless you put in for time off.
Great place to work!
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 13, 2015
Pros: discounts at salon, cafe and personal training.
Loved working here. There are so many benefits to working at a big health and fitness club like Lifetime. The staff is very upbeat and energetic and everyone works together to make it the best place to be a member at.
A typical day at work
Kids' Activities Team Member/ Camp Councilor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 12, 2015
A typical day at work, consists of a fluctuation of children in and out of the child center. There are good days when everyone is for the most part calm and having fun, but other days it can be chaotic. The best way to manage the hard situations is teamwork. As a team we work well together to insure the safety of the children as well as their enjoyment while they are in the child center.
Positive atmosphere with a family-like culture
Kid's Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Shelby Township, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Very flexible work schedule, free gym membership, met numerous people, and helped me achieve a healthy way of life
Cons: Poorly developed training structure
I was always welcomed as soon as I walked into work with friendly faces, it was very easy to get to know everyone (both other team members and guests). Working there was always challenging yet rewarding. I learned how important a company's culture can be, and how important it can be for team members to get along well. All of my co-workers got along which made work organization easier. The hardest part of my job was innovating under pressure; however, the practice helped increase my skills when it comes to taking matters into my own hands. The most enjoyable part of my job was the experience of working in a large company, while feeling great about helping other people by watching and inspiring their kids, or helping the guests create a healthier lifestyle.
Short internship with little input
Internship as a personal trainer (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Top of the line equipment, friendly staff, full benefits, many amenities
Cons: Cost of membership, commissional pay
I had only worked in the business for approximately two weeks to gather an insight with the field of work. From my short time with the company, I felt a strong passion for truly finding what a client desired as toward their fitness goals as well as a mentality that you would expect from a health and wellness oriented business.
Decent Job
Child Care Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 5, 2015
Pros: Free membership, good relatonships
Cons: pay, corporate feel
When in the child care center, I loved working with the people I worked with. Management was ok. The focus of a big gym like Lifetime Fitness is money. The focus is not on the staff. When I was there, wages were decent but good luck in getting a raise. After 4 years, 1 raise of 25 cents and I was a Supervisor who worked very hard and was loved by the families.
Good first-time job
LifeCafe Chef (Former Employee), Champlin, MNApril 5, 2015
I worked here for my first job. The people were awesome, the management was pretty good, the hours weren't bad. The only bad thing would be not getting enough hours as a part-time employee. Most people that work there are high schoolers, so they had to divvy up the hours.
Great place to work, but no opportunity to advance
LIFE TIME FITNESS FACILITY ENGINEER (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: stunted growth
Great place to work. I can not utilize my boilers license and advance in the areas i would like to. I did like my co-workers and my bosses.The most enjoyable part about the job is the interaction with the members