Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Good experience
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2015
Learned a lot about quality customer service, team work and co-operation, and the Healthy Way of Life promoted by the company, which they not only promote but actively practice themselves though efficient management and great employees.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short Breaks, low paying, no benefits
fun place to work
Slide Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2015
go in to work clock in and operate the water slides. I learned how to interact better with other customers and other people. the management and other employees were great. the environment was friendly, and everyone was very organized
Productive and Fun Workplace
Operation's Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2015
A typical day consisted of a fun atmosphere interacting with numerous club members. The staff was great and I truly enjoyed everyday of work.
Productive and Inviting workplace
Supervisor in Life Cafe (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
My management is amazing but I'm willing to broaden my abilities other than working in a food industry. Lifetime Fitness is a fun and friendly experience that everyone should enjoy including the healthy great food in the cafe. I've learned that you can grow with learning from others in a supportive enviroment such as lifetime fitness.
Exciting and Active
Head Boy's and Girl's Tennis Coach (Current Employee) –  Mahtomedi, MNDecember 8, 2015
Lifetime was always a place that has lots of activity. I learned how to grow a book of business and maintain the relationships necessary to keep the business.
Fun and exciting facility
Team Member/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIDecember 7, 2015
Come in, clock in as you greet all familiar friendly faces along the way.You learn how to multi task and create memorization techniques while learning newer aspects of the job everyday. Management was great and supportive, co-workers sometimes were selfish on helping out with covering shifts. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the juggling of corporates mistakes and sending them back to them. The best part was the people you meet working there.
Pros
The people
Cons
Not enough pay, not enough benefits.
Productive and busy
Hospitality/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 7, 2015
Loved working here. Gave me a chance to interact with people and better my communication skills. The hours where long but went by fast since there was always something to do.
Pros
free membership
Cons
Having fun playing with children
Child Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKDecember 6, 2015
Coming in to play and care for children. Had two good mangers over my department while I was there. Enjoyed my co-workers. Loved the team work between people. Enjoyed the two department heads I had.
Pros
Working with children.
Stepping stone
Swim Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXNovember 30, 2015
Love my team of people in current location but as far as advancement is concerned, politics play a huge part. I was up for 2 promotions (and even did the job of said promotions for several months) that never worked out. The company as a whole was fun and interactive, however, I think of my time there more as a stepping stone for experience to translate to a salary career with vast upward potential.
Pros
free membership, relaxed environment, interactive, fitness oriented, positive
Cons
long day for small pay, politics
Positive and Healthful Work Environment
Executive Assistant - Technology and Creative (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNNovember 24, 2015
Life Time promotes a healthy lifestyle; great working environment; and overall great place to work. I'd like to transition from Full Time to Part Time employment, pursuing a position in which I can use my experience and skill in event planning. Currently I plan monthly events for our team of 200 resources.
Pros
Have worked in several areas, work/life balance in each area
Cons
None to speak of, I am just transitioning into part time employment due to family
Overpriced Gym
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHNovember 24, 2015
The Personal Trainers were underpaid off of commission. I was hired on and given none of the clients of the employee I was replacing, they gave those clients to the other staff who already had mostly full schedules. They brought me on top bother the clients who already had the opportunity to get a personal trainer and chose not to, leaving me desparate for clients and having to bother those already knowing what they were doing.
Pros
Variety of fitness equipment and classes
Cons
Overpriced, Poor management, Overly corporate atmosphere, caters to the rich communities.
For hard workers it is a great place.
Assistant Department Head (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 20, 2015
100% commission environment. Number numbers numbers. Privately owned now. mangers are yes people. Not ideal for a think for yourselfer.
excessive travel, up to 40 weeks per year
CHIEF ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNNovember 19, 2015
unsupportive management
excessive and unrealistic expectations.
will change job description as needed to fit their needs
Cons
extreemly high stress environment
great work atmosphere
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 12, 2015
awesome work environment, great employees and determined management staff. it was a great experience to work in a facility like this. It was overwhelming with the high company expectations for perfection though. it was more focused on the negative things that needed to improve rather then the positive things that were being accomplished
expo
expo (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Twp, MINovember 8, 2015
delivering customers food in restaurant, making sure they have everything they need, customer service, obeying rules giving to me, finishing tasks that were my responsibility
Pros
good pay, fast past, friendly co workers and location
Cons
very late nights for a high school student at the time
Awesome place to work
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 3, 2015
Its a great environment. Co workers are great to work with. There are long hours but the relationship you build there make up for that and make the time go by fast.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great Family Place
Group Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 2, 2015
I absolutely love the people I work with and for. The members are awesome! They always let me know that I've touched their lives in a great way. I wouldn't trade my supervisor for the world.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
I need more hours
fun
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2015
fun place to work, but when I was injured I lost all my clients and my manager didn't seem to help when he realized I wouldn't be bringing in more money for a while
Pros
competitive and fun
Cons
only care about money
Productive Environment with Ambitious people
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILNovember 2, 2015
My shift consisted of managing time appropriately. Communication was very important due to working in an environment full of children. Staying organized and productive during the entire shift.
Life Time a Life Time of lies
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 22, 2015
Life Time Fitness said we would be able to work out for an hour a day,but we found out it was contingent on certain sales. Fitness Manager tried to take away clients from me and the pay was less than what I made at previous job. The manager basically cam in and worked out and made money selling cheap plans that the personal trainers had to service. The manager had his own group he trained and made money for himself, but when it came to us being over certain programs he got jealous. Most of the people that started there with me also left because of many more lies that I will not put here. Employees are also made to buy watches and fit bits.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Life Time is not upfront with anything.