Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 1,084 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work
Child Center Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 13, 2017
I loved every minute of this job because of the overall environment that has been built. The coworkers are well picked and are above and beyond. It is a great opportunity to work with children and interact with their parents as well. Everything about the Child Center is organized and very well thought through.
very good
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNMay 9, 2017
I very good work environment. Interacting with customers was very important and convincing the parents to have their child attend the camp. Positive atmosphere made the children want to come back
Corey Brown
Lead Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2017
I've been with Lifetime Fitness for years and have enjoyed it. I appreciate the working environment and staff. I also appreciate the room for advancement.
Stressful, but rewarding
Kids Activities Team Member/Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 8, 2017
As a camp counselor, it is very important to have the camp organized and put together. The management did not do that, instead some of the counselors would get together at the beginning of the day and organize it. The camp was understaffed for the amount of kids we had, and there was not a good ratio of female to male counselors. All counselors were required to have their CPR certification, but other certifications only one staff member working had to hold, which would cause me to work over 40 hours a week because of all this. I love kids, and they are what made the job fun, but overall, the scheduling and organizing of the camp was horrible.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Lack of organizaiton
great place to work
Assistant Dept Head of Member Activities (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INMay 7, 2017
It was a great place to work...great atmosphere, great benefits and opportunity for growth in company.

At times, management was not on the same"page"
Pros
opportunity for growth in company
Cons
management lacked the understanding of teamwork
Worst job ever.
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 7, 2017
My interview here at Life Time Fitness was amazing, I was told that I would pretty much made my own schedule. That I could request any days off as long as gave in two week noticed. The manager who interviewed me was great no complaints about her at all. Now, the assistant manager was another story. She would not give you the days off even if you gave a month of noticed. You have to find someone to cover your position even though I was not told this i the interview, or in my job description. Last time I checked this was the manager assistant job. She did not care about no one but herself and what benefited her. She was all about gossip and did not know how to handle a situation right. They do not give you breaks, only to the ones that they like. Horrible lack of communication. I honestly do not recommend anyone to work there.
On the plus side of the job is that working with the kids is amazing. The kids there are amazing and the parents there are wonderful. The free membership is a plus. That is about it.
Pros
Free memership
Cons
Horrible assistant manager
Competitive, No finish line
Employee (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 7, 2017
The environment is definitely fast pace, different departments bring different qualities to the table based on which location you're at. Management always seems like they are searching for someone to work harder than you that creates an uneasy work environment at times.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of work life balance, no feeling of job security
Quick-paced and fun
Camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Commerce, MIMay 6, 2017
A typical day at work involved leading children through their daily camp activities, which included in-door and out-door sports activities, arts and crafts, meals, swimming in the out-door pool, and a field-trip once a week.
The camp counselors worked together to create an encouraging workplace culture.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when both the kids and counselors had fun together.
Pros
Having fun with kids
Cons
Physically demanding
Very fun energetic enviornment
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 6, 2017
Lifetime fitness is a great place to work for an active work setting. The employees there are very understanding and helpful. And overall the management is very flexible and genuine. I feel they are all dedicated to their work and seek to provide the best service possible.
Pros
50% all food when working, and a free gym membership
Decent job.
Facility Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIMay 4, 2017
Nothing really spectacular about working here. The work was easy but tiring, and it was a pretty physical job which required some stamina in order to work a full shift.
Relaxed enviroment
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMay 4, 2017
LifeTime Fitness is a very relaxed business to work for. I say that because it can be a positive and negative experience. I love the people that work there. Drive and motivation to be productive is the downfall.
Very fast paced highly competitive company
Group Fitness Manager/Regional Lead Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 4, 2017
Challenging, face paced competitive workplace. I thrived in this environment for 15 years. Enjoyed the daily challenges, training was amazing on all levels. Set you up for success. Very goal oriented company.
Pros
Several Career paths
Cons
People are micromanaged regardless of experience and performance
Interaction and satisfaction
Childcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
The Lifetime Kids Center has been a fun and interactive place to work. I enjoy playing and conversing with the children about their current and future goals all while having a great time.
Though I absolutely love what I do the compensation is not enough to sustain my lifestyle. I am a college student and I wish to earn more all while doing what I love.
Pros
Fun and interactive place to work
Cons
Low compensation
Horrible place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 3, 2017
If you want a sales job and not a personal training job...this is the place for you. You are paid 100 commission and if you don't earn enough to meet the minimum wage requirements they pay you....but then they take that back after some time. ( SO basically a Loan). They also want you to conform to their diet and nutrition advise and recommend THEIR supplements to your clients. They could care less about the client and only want you to sell them more items (ie. Supplements, worthless tests, Classes) They are a company that preaches false ideologies in Natural and Organic, low carb, and others. They are a waste of a job.
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Lead Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 2, 2017
Lifetime athletic is a great company to work for. The company has great management all the way from the department heads to the general managers. If you want to work for a quality company, lifetime is the place to be.
Task driven culture with fun co workers
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 2, 2017
Being a personal trainer at LTF is great. I am surrounded by the best co workers and the best clients. The members are great and friendly to talk to. I've made great, long lasting friendships and great connections. At Life Time, everyday is task driven. There is not much down time without someone asking you what you're doing with your spare time. (Even though it is not hourly wage). There are lots of meetings where you could be with your clients. The pay structure uses commission and draw. It is very hard to get out of draw because of their commission structure. I am very thankful that I was employed at LTF because of all the knowledge I've gained and how amazing the gym is, but wish it was more laid back. I would still be employed now if the PT manager wasn't so cut throat with numbers and sales!
wonderful place for moms to work..
Parents Night Out Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMay 2, 2017
Love being able to bring kids with me to work and also have a great time working. Excellent environment. Teams are wonderful and great to work with. :)
Love the company
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2017
I love this company and what they stand for. I think that they could improve in many areas to help their overall attrition of the quality employees. The atmosphere is great, the members are awesome. It is truly a wonderful place to be.
Pros
Advance opportunities
Cons
Pay is too low
fun workplace
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 1, 2017
job allowed flexibility and consistently developing of skills. was a wonderful place to work with great management. very diverse workplace and allowed you to meet an abundance of individuals
Productive and Enjoyable
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 1, 2017
Being a camp counselor was fun because I got to be able to get to know many different kids from many different age groups. I was able to learn many new things and new work traits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval