Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and enjoyable work place
Facility Operations/Child Center Team Member (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 16, 2015
Every day in Lifetime is a great experience. Building relationships with the member is amazing as well as working with such a great team. Our manager is great, treats everybody equally. Fast paced environment, and repetitive tasks.
You can do better
lifegaurd (Former Employee) –  Clarkson RoadOctober 13, 2015
employer in aquatics is shady and will lie to get you to sign on with "bonuses" there are no bonuses and the pay scale for the work you do isnt stable. If you are interested in an actual career as a Lifeguard this place isnt for you. co workers are immature and so is the management. Fine if you can deal with young rich kids that like to get high all the time.
Pros
free membership when getting hired
Cons
no benefits. too little pay. management sucks
Fun and energetic environment
memeber services (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOOctober 12, 2015
Lifetime Fitness is a great company to work for. They care about their members the way that a fitness center should. they have competitive compensation and push you hard to reach your goals. The employees are all on the same page and contribute to one another's success. This company is growing and always seems to impress the general public.
Pros
free gym membership, discount with sister companies
Cons
no breaks
Lots of room for improvement
Kids Academy Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 10, 2015
There is major turnover in this specific location, cannot speak for other locations. Many employees feels as if though they are not valued.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Account Manager - Sales (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is serving members and making their experience memorable. It's a great feeling and sense of fulfillment saving and changing lives.
Pros
Complimentary healthclub membership
Cons
Employees days off in sales are always split (one week day off and one weekend day off)
great plact to work
Lead Stylist (Current Employee) –  AZOctober 6, 2015
I like the healthy way of life environment and love the clientele here. Great to have new guests all the time and having a spa with all services offered. I appreciate my free membership as well.
Don't waste your talent!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIOctober 6, 2015
Management is the worst. LOTS of issues, went up the ladder did my due diligence on reporting things, when you do that you get a nice bulls eye on your back.
Work Hard To Get Little
Kids Activities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 4, 2015
I've had a postive experience working for Kids Activities. However, when you have poor management it definitely reflects and thus leads to poor staff, poor regulations and bad work environment. I think the only positive aspect are your co-workers and interacting with the kids. They really make the job fun and make it worth sticking it out with this job even if there is poor management. Overall, if you can deal with scare hours, low pay, at many times poor management, then this job is for you. Only perks are the flexible hours, the sweet children, and mostly fun co-workers who are all in the same boat as you.
Great Atmosphere
Member Service Specialist and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 4, 2015
Fun to work. Enjoy being around other people who are excited about fitness and loved being apart of educating people about the importance of health both mind and body. Sometimes it feels as though there is a disconnect between the corporate level and the club. This is to be expected given the size of the company. My job would not be as enjoyable, however, if I didn't have the pleasure of the management on my team. I always felt supported.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
low starting pay
terrible pay for such an expensive gym
Summer Camp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 2, 2015
I worked in the kids activities department which is the lowest paid in the club. The hours are long, the breaks are nonexistent but the children are wonderful and the only thing that kept me working here
Pros
great children
Cons
terrible pay
Nice place to work
Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 2, 2015
Great place to work free membership.healthy food.average pay.always clean.awesome pool.great trainers.cool staff.towel service is cool
Pros
Nice people to work with
Resume Builder
Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 30, 2015
Working for this company is a way to build your resume. If you network effectively, you can build useful connections for your future.
Great Work Life Balance
ServiceNow Platform Manager (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNSeptember 29, 2015
Opportunity for great work life balance. Very fast paced. Must be flexible to work there. Healthy way of life company. Great people to work with.
Too big business oriented for me
Camp Counselor, Senior Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Customer service and revenue are #1 goals at LTF.
I prefer small business attitudes and building strong personal relationships with the people I see every day.
Has lots to offer the members
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 26, 2015
Life Time Fitness is not your average gym. They have a numbers of products and services they can offer their members. They have great customer service and are willing to go above and beyond for their members.
I love my current job
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 24, 2015
I am truly blessed to be working with the individuals I work with. Each day can be eventful, challenging and always bring about new learning opportunities. I find that I can always keep growing with my skills and taking on new responsibilities. Each day I work different positions so it keeps me very active and well connected to the club and my coworkers.
Great Place to work
Level IV Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasSeptember 24, 2015
Overall- Great Place to work if you have the right trainers and management there. I have been training/managing for a long time, my 3 months there before I moved was great, as an experienced trainer I knew all the bells and whistles to get clients. I saw a lot of new trainers struggle due to the hustle. Once you get your clients, great pay with commission.

Only down fall for Life Time is the draw. If you're full time and clock in for 78 hours or more, but don't sell or service enough to pay off your hours clocked in...You pay back to the company.
Pros
Pay, Enviroment, and Co-Workers
Cons
Draw system on pay. Need to get rid of this
Good Place to work
Member Services Team Member (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILSeptember 24, 2015
If you work hard, its hard to get in trouble. Lots is asked of you, but hard work makes it pretty straight forward. The free membership does not hurt either
Healthy and efficient work environment
Health and Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNSeptember 22, 2015
The position I was in with the company really took your productivity into consideration, with two 10 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch break, and stand up desks. All of these made the employees more happy and healthy, making them more productive.
work place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 22, 2015
i have been away from this job for some time but from what i remember it ran fine. the club goers come at random times at nights but other then that its a fine place.
Pros
atmoshere
Cons
shower cleaning