Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Healthy and Productive Workplace
Member Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work with LifeTime Fitness included greeting members and guests, promoting the athletic facilities, coordinating with management on a daily basis to ensure individual department needs. I learned a lot about serving the customer, no matter the circumstances. I thorougly enjoyed working with my co-workers and the members and guests were the highlight of each and every day. The hardest part of the job was the lack of structure, ie: never having a set schedule on a day to day basis, which can be very frustrating when trying to schedule other life events as well.
Pros
The members and guests
Cons
Lack of scheduling and commincation
upbeat envitoment
Event Coordinator- operational supervisor (Former Employee) –  cary, north carolinaAugust 17, 2015
Great people to work with and free fitness center benefits. good community surrounding the facility. Ability to grow with the company and possibly relocate.
Pros
free fitness center benefits
Cons
low pay and uniforms required.
Customer service was enjoyable most of the time...but not the field I wish to pursue.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 16, 2015
I made a lot of friends at Lifetime Fitness. I enjoyed the environment and loved the fast pace action. The only problem I had is that most of the employees were college students...and not the most reliable. I ended up working many double shifts standing sometimes for 12 hours a day.

I need a job that is more diverse and around people closer to my age.
Pros
Free Membership!!!!!!!
Cons
Very long hours / Pay not the best
a great place to get on your feet and learn sales training
Membership Engagement Advisor (Current Employee) –  colleyville, txAugust 13, 2015
outgoing calls

interaction with members

sales team is very competitive

the hardest part of the job are the long hours

the most enjoyable is helping the members
Pros
work out for free
Cons
Work environment that encourages a healthy way of life
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 8, 2015
Life Time Fitness is a great company that encourages employees to integrate their corporate careers with a healthy fitness and nutrition lifestyle. From complementary LifeCafe lunch breaks, to a daily paid work-out hour given to full-time employees, Life Time enables all employees to put their health as a top priority.
Nice Place to work but...
PERFORMANCE PLUS TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work especially if you are interested in changing lives for the better. The management team is excellent and the co-workers are always willing to lend a hand. Loved how this team encouraged one another instead of alienating each other. I loved working with people and helping them continue an active lifestyle.
Pros
Free membership, discounts on premier supplements, and good environment.
Cons
Long hours and consistently selling
Productive, fun workplace
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 3, 2015
Xsport was a great experience overall. Learned a lot about corporate sales and customer service. A typical day ranged from slow to busy, being a fitness club there were busy hours of the day and slow hours. They were open 24/7, 365 days out of the year so there wasn't a lot of vacation time available to management. Managers were mostly focused on numbers and not building relationships with their employees. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting co workers and members were very friendly and inviting. It is a great place to build relationships that last a lifetime.
Pros
Co workers made the job enjoyable
Cons
Management wasn't the best
Fun plce to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNAugust 1, 2015
My job is in the Life time fitness is more like having fun with the member's kids. We have to supervise them ,be sure everybody safe, comfort them. Built report with quest ,parents. I love people ,so for me is really not a job more like place where I enjoy to go to and I getting paid for it.
I learned that wherever I work I have to take my job very seriously and I always can be better .
I don't have hard part of the day and I really enjoy every minute that I spend there even if it is little bit hectic.
Limited People/ Resources
Overnight Facility Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 31, 2015
8 hours of non-stop bending, pushing and lifting. More times than less you were short staff so one person had to do double the amount of work in a short amount of time, and you weren't always given the resources needed to get the job done. Work load is way too much for the pay.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No time to use it...
Fun And Flexible
Facility Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2015
My experience with the company was good and moving from Georgia to Texas. I will say across the bored the company is a good place to work depending on which region you're in..
Management was very unorganized and very unprofessional
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 22, 2015
Management team was very unorganized and very unprofessional, their training process wasn't very successful. Management was constantly causing drama between employees.
Amazing company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJuly 22, 2015
Fun place to work with great management
help you have a healthy way of life
great training programs
many benefits and bonuses
get hour break to work out
relocation is avalaible
Pros
amazing bonuses
Cons
stress of quotes
LifeTime Fitness
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 19, 2015
This is a phenomenal club. They have everything you need to train a client and give them what they absolutely NEED AND WANT! Get to work and hustle. Meet people and help them succeed physically, mentally and emotionally and they will overcome any obstacle in their path.
Pros
Phenomenal CLUB!
Cons
Compensation plan starting off is challenging.
good place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 14, 2015
Training and selling, working with new members. Consulting with then and running them through our health scores as well.
Little to no areas for advancement
Member services team member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working in the gym, but the pay was awful and I was barely able to pay my bills. I loved the people and the experience to grow physically and mentally. I learned a lot about weight loss and how to properly work out.
Fun but stressul
ASSISTANT FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 10, 2015
As a manager at Lifetime Fitness, the environment is fun and upbeat. The members are pleasant, and management is open for communication. The stress of overcoming staffing challenges can be high, but generally it is a very relaxed environment for non-sales personnel.
Pros
Relaxed, diverse clientele
Cons
Short breaks, demanding of personal time, staffing challenges occur often
Overworked / Under Paid
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Atlanta areaJuly 10, 2015
Staff makes between $8-$9 per hour. Salaried employees are required 50 hours a week, nights, and weekends. The demand a lot of your time. You get yelled at by members and your coworkers because people can only handle so much in such a high stress environment. Your comp plan can change at any time so if they pay out too much (they are a performanced based company) then they will change your comp plan. Certain GMs only higher people that have the "look" so don't bother if you aren't in shape. In the beginning you will love it and then you get smart and see they have a way of losing the good ones and keeping the bad ones. Don't worry because they are private now and off the stock market and they plan on reselling in 2-3 years so if you are smart you know that means their goal is to make as much money as possible and cut costs to get a bigger spread so the CEO can add ANOTHER private yet to his collect. Don't be fooled by their "work life balance" and doing right by the members. It is not true...remember it is a business and you aren't even a name just an employee number.
Pros
You work in a gym
Cons
You work at Life Time.
Fun, but also stressful
Life café Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 8, 2015
We usually stock items in the cooler, make food on the cooking board, prepare smoothies at the smoothie bar, clear dining tables from trash that's been put on it, dispose of trash, clean dishes, etc. That was the usual day, whenever I worked at Lifetime Fitness. The hardest part was canceling my free time to work other peoples' shifts, due to their "late notice" of not coming to work. The most enjoyable part is learning to be productive around a fast paced environment.
Pros
Friendly environment, free lunches, free gym membership
Cons
Long Shifts, Sometimes terrible conduct from coworkers
Great place to work for almost anyone
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 7, 2015
There are so many possibilities with this company, the sky is the limit. It's a very supportive environment, and a great company to work for.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
In-store positions are very "political
Changing peoples lives for the better everyday.
Regional Facility Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJuly 7, 2015
Lifetime Fitness has an amazing culture and everyone, no matter what their level, work together as a team. The job itself is very rewarding as we change people's lives everyday!