Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 1,084 reviews matching the search
working at lifetime experince
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 30, 2017
working at lifetime is very enjoyable love my work and meeting and greeting members I've learning about housekeeping .Management is very helpful and always telling you how they appreicate or outstanding work. As for hard work I feel there was'nt any. All of work is enjoyable
Kept you busy and moving
Facility Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNApril 28, 2017
I liked moving around all the time and not sitting behind a desk. It was fun to work with other staff that shared the same fitness interests. Kept busy all the time, but didn't get the same respect from all the employees around the building.
fun, enjoyable, and friendly work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 27, 2017
A typical work day is showing up clocking in and waiting for your clients to come, or trying to get new clients and selling products to help people physical/health gains. I learned from this place is that when you have results and get people to feed in to what you are trying to explain to them it works. Communication is the key and knowing your information to back up what your talking about.

The management was great even though I was an intern I was still treated like an regular employee, when it came to time when they had staff games, meals, and training. They always treated me like I had been there for years. The work culture was great I had the chance to sit down and talk with most of the head people and they where every helpful in letting me know how to grow and communicate and make sales.

The hardest part about the job was the 12 hour shifts that we always had to work, but the part I enjoyed the most was that we would always have an hour where the head people and the employees would do something active together; such as floor hockey, basketball etc...
Pros
got to workout all the time, met new people, and great staff
Cons
12 hour days was rough
Fun place to work
Kids Activities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL 60193April 26, 2017
The management was great. Working with kids was fun. The hardest part was dealing with children when sick. The best part is getting to know the children that are there all the time.
Give and Take
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 26, 2017
Not the best company I have been employed by. There is room for growth but not much. Clean facility however the atmosphere amongst employees / trainers is tense.
Pros
Can workout.
Cons
Cannot leave. Must clean machines for workers.
Fun environment but not much room to grow
Aquatics Manager (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILApril 26, 2017
Life Time Fitness is a fun, work environment based upon the other people working with you in the club. It becomes your second family. They promote from within but once you reach a certain level, it is very difficult to continue to grow.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Work-life balance
Productive &Fun
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 26, 2017
A typical Day at Work is simple and basic. I worked third shift, clock in was at 10:00pm. I would do a walk thru of the entire gym, check in with the previous manager and begin my work. every night as a supervisor i had a new task, i would complete my task & assist my team with the rest of the gym.
Pros
working the 3rd shift
Cons
Sleep all day
Fun, face paced environment
Café Team Member and Childcare Team member (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed working there and helping customers and going above and beyond to satisfy each customer. It was a great place to work. I enjoyed inspiring others to reach their goals and they also kept me motivated.
Pros
free membership
Great fun place to work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 25, 2017
Loved interacting with Members. Decent pay though inconsistent as it was based on commission. Not many soft leads given. Flexible by making our own hours.
Account Manager Review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 25, 2017
You get out what you put in, If you want to go to the office at the beginning of your shift at 8am and stay till 8pm. You can make a lot of money if you are hard working and consistent in producing sales. This is not a job you show up for 12 hours and get paid for 12 hours if I didn't make a sale I didn't make any money. There is a base salary which is like a safety net in a commission job, however compared to what you can make in sales. The base pay is not something you care about. You will be making phone calls, a lot of phone calls, followed by Emails, building your own brand through networking and social media. While driving for customer satisfaction people will be referred to you which is easy money and takes a lot of the stress away from the job. If you are someone who is good at talking to people and can push them their fitness goals I have no doubt you will make great money. One of my favorite parts of the job is actually helping people lose weight or tone up what ever their goal might be.
Pros
Free membership.
Cons
Long hours, Inconsistant pay, cut throat environment
Friendly, total health centered environment with a beautiful spa.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 24, 2017
LifeSpa is a full service spa located within Lifetime Fitness Gym. Focus is on your total body wellness and perception. A large friendly staff is always eager to assist guests.
Pros
Clean, organic products with focus on total body health.
Cons
Low sales means treats of termination regardless of lack in customers
Fast paced environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 24, 2017
This job can be very rewarding. It is demanding, both physically and mentally. You must be involved in the day to day operations to ensure the facilities stay clean and in working order.
Productive Working enviroment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bixby, OKApril 24, 2017
This was a great job at the beginning. It was unfortunate my lifeguard license expired.
Typically I working from 10am to 3pm or, 3pm to 8pm. the life guards worked in 20 minute rotations. We were in rotations for and hr and 20 minutes before we had a 20 minute break. Where we were given jobs to either fold/restock towels or clean the pool are or bathroom.
The hardest part of my job was probably spending 4 hours in 100 degree weather with no air conditioned breaks.
The most enjoyable part of my job was probably spending my time out in the pool environment everyday.
Pros
gym membership, cafe food discount
Cons
no air condition breaks
great
Life Cafe Asst. Dept Head/ Cafe Sup (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 22, 2017
Great work environment. Get a free membership out of it- HUGE perk. The people are so kind and fun to work with. You are around people who want to better themselves, and that it truly inspirational.
I love work for lifetime .
Operation supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atascocita, TXApril 21, 2017
excellent company. great opportunity to get your goal grew up, with the best workplace culture, you can learn many things in this company members are the greater and important part that we have enjoyable teamwork
A fun place to work to a point.
Group Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 20, 2017
The job in general is fun. The corporate aspect and pay is not always up to par. The time you put in does not always equal the same payout.If you aren't training, your aren't making money unless your constantly trying to sell members on products.
Pros
Great Facility, fun work environment, top of the line access to the latest fitness trends
Cons
100% commission, inconsistent pay, advancement to management not always fair.
I love it.
Facilitiy operations team member (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 19, 2017
Life time fitness is a great place to work and it has made me to become who I am today. Life time has shown me how to react in a nice way to certain situations and I met some of my best friends there
Ltf
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 15, 2017
I do not like that I have to do this. I do not care to spend my time rating this company because I do not know if it is truly anonymous. The pay is a bit low. I like the free membership. My coworkers are good.
Pros
Free membership
Positive and upbeat environment with great people
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 15, 2017
Life Time is a great company with a ton of opportunities for advancement. Passionate people and a wonderful community of people. Split days off make it hard to really step away from the job and relax. Quotas can be tough to meet.
Best Job I have ver had
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 15, 2017
If I could go back to how it was when I first started, I would have stayed. The company sends you to MN for a week (paid for by the company) and trains you on how to be an awesome sales person. That training, I can take anywhere. Having Life Time fitness, if a manager is familiar with the company, looks very good on my resume. I will always be grateful to Life Time.
Pros
Great money, great culture, a company to stand behind.
Cons
loss of overall vision as the message travels down the managment ladder from the CEO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Time Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.