Life University Employee Reviews

Great Mission
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 10, 2017
Great mission. You must be highly flexible to work here. The greatest challenge is management and high turn over rates in the various departments. Be prepared to change.
Great Philosophy, but poor execution of philosophy
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
I valued the overall vision of the university; however, some (not all) of the individual management operated on their own personal beliefs and values, which downgraded the overall organizational values therefore diminishing the organizational vision and creating low morale and low employee job satisfaction.
Productive and active place to work.
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Life University is a vibrant and growing eclectic small, private University. It's location just outside of Atlanta gives the students a nice mix of city and Urban living. The people who work at Life U truly care about their students and it shows in everything that happens around the University.
Pros
Great mic of small college experience, but there is access to the City of Atlanta at the students fingertips.
Cons
Small college with not as many majors as some larger Universities.
Great establishment to work with and for
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
My time at Life University has been wonderful. I have learned that hard work is something you must endure with any job. Life university provided my an opportunity to learn and develop my skills.
Pros
flexible hours and friendly staff
Cons
Not enough time in the day to learn
GA at Life
GA athletic trainer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 5, 2016
Working as a GA at Life was a great learning experience. I was able to develop my communication and resourcefulness. I would recommend the position to anyone starting out in their Athletic Training carrier.
Pros
Tons of recourses to learn from
Cons
Hours
Tense and repressive atmosphere
Student Success Ctr, Testing Room Coord (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 9, 2016
Atmosphere of distrust and suspicion. Warmth and friendliness were replaced by paranoia and retaliation.I enjoyed the student interactions, didn't mind the paperwork, and the peer-to-peer relationships were good, but autonomy with problem-solving was discouraged, if not forbidden. We were not allowed to use our own judgment based on our considerable experience. Even the simplest decision was a 5-step, committee-driven experience. There was video surveillance in all but 2 offices. The interest of the student was secondary to the protection of the administration and its members. There was no flexibility; the rules were fixed and immovable.
At one time it was a pleasurable environment to work in. It is not anymore.
Pros
401K, tuition grants, paid holidays
Cons
Repressive atmosphere
Ensure AV equipment was woking for the professors.
Student work study as a AV technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 13, 2016
Working as an AV tech was very enjoyable because the job allowed interactions with professors of the university. Great opportunity to make extra money while studying. Also, very enjoyable working with co workers while studying. The hardest part of the job was working events at night during mid terms or finals.
Pros
Great work/study job
Cons
working while studying is difficult
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 21, 2016
This internship pushed me to improve in ways I wasn't aware I needed. I learned a lot about myself and the world of dietetics. It was a great learning experience.
Great workplace which connected me with many mentors.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 9, 2016
I was an intern in financial aid and conduct revues board. I filed paper document to electronic copies in both positions.
productive
Basic Science Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 11, 2016
The office manager and other staff was very friendly and fun to be around. They are willing to work with you with your hours and the environment was very quite for studying as well.
There is Team work here
Record Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 31, 2016
I love my job. I worked for life since 2014 in the same office. We have great leaders here. I live close by my job. I just need more money :-(
Very interesting group to work with,
SAP - Retention and Student Initiatives Person (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2016
Very needed resource in the community.
I volunteering my time with the staff and kids.
Hardest part of working with the kids was that they had a lot of issues to resolve.
Co workers and staff were focused and goal oriented .
Admin Assistant
Life Coach Practicum (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 4, 2016
Life University is always on the move with the newest and most innovative ways to educate the students but also keeping to the tried and true methods of actually caring about the students and encouraging them to be the successful people they know they can be.
Pros
caring professors- state of the art teaching tools- beautiful campus
Cons
needs more parking but they run shuttles to the surrounding area to accomodate the students
Financial Aid
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
-Horrible working environment
-Promotions based solely on emotions and personal relationships
-No management support
Great Internship
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 8, 2015
Great Internship. Learn a great deal about the field of dietetics.And make great Friends/connections along the way. Awesome!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Diversity
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 6, 2015
Great Place to work. Chiropractic College, Very diverse place to work. The conditions are great, and have great place to eat lunch and mingle when on break.
Productive and super fun place to work
Undergraduate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 18, 2015
Life University is a great place to work. The people are very caring, The staff is very helpful in what ever career goals you may want to achieve.
Great place to work. very nice campus
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 28, 2015
Great place to work. Students, faculty, and staff are highly academia so you don't have a lot of office politics and issues.
Pros
great benefits
great place to work
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 9, 2015
the management from the top to the lower level was very organized and great to work with. I have learned a lot from the staff at the university.
Fun
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 6, 2015
The work load could sometimes be heavy but my boss was so nice and respectful. Although the pay wasn't great I still loved going to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life University. Our community is ready to answer.

Life University Reviews by Location