LifeBridge Health

LifeBridge Health United States Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free parking, employee recognition
Cons: high stress, like any hospital
Sinai is a good place to work. There are so many different departments so you can move around and the leadership supports that. Its a hopsital so you learn a lot. Its never a boring day here. They do recognize you if you do well. There are a lot of changes happening lately so security is not as tight but that's many companies. Because its a hospital, they hold their staff accountable and look for ways to improve. My co-workers are fabulous but I know some other departments have struggling relationships.
The hardest part of this job is if you are doing well its a double edged sword. They trust you so they'll ask you to lead more and take on more and be more visible. This is an honor but it's also a lot of work. Communication in this organization could be better. There are orders and sometimes with no explanation or the explanation comes late.
mobility driver and deliver coureir
Transporter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2015
My typical day at work go into the office and check my run schedule for that day. Go start-up my assign vehicle,register mileage,register gas, and complete inspection sheet(tires,oil,wheel chair lift ,etc.), Pickup and transport patient to and from the daycare, doctor office,therapy section and to cancer institute treatment.Courier duties pertain to loading and unloading specimen,drugs,boxes of blood, payroll check and pick-up from doctor office. I learned to be on time delivering anything that I have on my courier run because it could save someone life. Driving in rush hour traffic. Satisfaction of taking patient to there destination to assist in helping them get better and interact with the.patient .
SINAI HOSPITAL OF BALTIMORE
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee), BALTIMORE CITYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: every other weekend off
Cons: low pay, short breaks, unfair work conditions, negative place
the food department is HORRIBLE! the kitchen is DISGUSTING. You'd be surprised that this disgusting kitchen is responsible for giving food to the patients and employees of the hospital. Most workers do not wash their hands when coming in from the bathroom or touching surfaces that are unsanitary. The kitchen is always running out of soap for the ecolab dishmachine and the managers and supervisors tell us to run the dishes and pots thru with NO SOAP!!! JUST HOT WATER!! SO DISGUSTING!!! they do not care!!! there are many patients that are sick with many different diseases, viruses and bacterias, the dishes need to be cleaned properly!!! JUST IMAGINE EATING OFF OF THE SILVERWARE OR DISHES THAT HAVE BEEN IN THE MOUTH OF A SICK PATIENT WITH GOD KNOWS WHAT!!! TRAYS THAT COME IN WITH BODY WASTE GOING IN A MACHINE WITH NO SOAP JUST HOT WATER!!!!

the floors are DIRTY!!! OLD FOOD LEFT FROM CHEFS AND LEFT FOR THE ROACHES TO HAVE A GOOD FEAST AT NIGHT. THE CRACKS ARE FILLED WITH DIRT AND GRIME. If you think you are eating kosher, think again!!! the roaches crawl all over the utensils and supplies in the cabinets, in the kosher kitchen. Roach city GALORE!! Move the stuff away from the walls and watch the roaches run for their lives!!

The dishroom is always understaffed. two people running a four man machine that supplies 99% of the hospital is not cool!!! the managers watch you struggle working instead of helping like they're supposed to. The work environment is negative. They have a high turn around rate because of this,

I ate spaghetti from the kosher kitchen on my first day and guess – more... what? I caught a bad case of food poisoning from the food! the food was contaminated and the chef popped a label on the leftover sauce and put it right in the kitchen refrigerator to be put right back in the kosher kitchen upstairs!

I would work 12 hr shifts (very seldom only if senior employees did not want to work) 9a-9pm with only one 30 min break for the WHOLE DAY!!!!!! So imagine working and running carts all day plus being short on the dish machine and having your last break at 11:30 a and working til 9....not COOL AT ALL!! the people that should be helping are never around. they take breaks and go off into space until they feel they are ready to come back. I was always getting stuck with the bulk of work BY MYSELF!!! They would leave stacks and stacks of dishes and say "I'M OUT OF HERE". I would stay behind and get the stacks of dishes squared away because I didn't like to leave work unfinished. There was one person who helped, but the rest of them watch you struggle or ask "you're working over here by yourself?" (YES MANAGERS SEE IT HAPPENING AND DON'T EVEN HELP!)

I was soo exicted to start working at sinai but as time went on and as they continued to do UNSANITARY and unsatisfactory things, I grew tired and got fed up! SINAI is the lowest paying hospital in the city of baltimore. The hours are TERRIBLE. They are giving only FOUR hour shifts because sinai does not want dietary workers going full time.... please save yourself! get away FAST!!! – less
Fun and Productive workplace
Cancer Institute Program Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2014
Pros: pay and workplace experience
Cons: people do not smile and greet each other unless they know you
Fantastic place to work no matter what you chose to do. You will find the experience to be a great one. It is a top facility to work with from the physicians to the laborers. They are all about the education and support of their workers. Highly recommended.
High paced, friendly environment
Medical Practice Representative - Team Lead (Current Employee), 10 Crossroads Dr. Owings Mills MD, 21117August 13, 2014
Pros: interacting with patients
Cons: no pre-scheduled lunch breaks
A typical day at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics is extrememly high paced. We tend to have about 75-100 patients each day that need service at the front desk. I am currently the financial coordinator for the office. I get all MRI, CT scans, injectable drugs authorizations and verify eligibility for all patients. I also manage the front desk. Since being here I've gained additional management skills while leading the front desk. The hardest part of my current position is maintaing the patient flow with the high volume of patients the office consistently has. The most enjoyable part is the patient interaction.
I could be a patient here.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2014
Pros: competent docs, family-like work environment
Cons: difficult/ demanding patient population
I have worked in several acute care facilities, but Sinai is the only hospital I would want to take care of me if I were ill. The doctors are competent and quick to respond. I have read some negative reviews and I believe every department has different dynamics. I would not let that keep me from working here. Life is what you make it. Sometimes you have to be the change agent. Sure there are a lot of big egos in the hospital, but you can bring them back to reality politely. It is the general culture of most high-standing personnel in hospitals to treat their "inferiors" as such, but you have the power to change that. My manager is quite nice, and so are my co-workers. I love it here.
Worst Company
Health Care Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore SinaiApril 30, 2014
This is the worst company i have ever worked for!! I hate it here the mangers treat you like you are nothing! the docs talk to you like you a piece of scum and every one is so sneaky! I have never met a bunch of people that always want to see you get in trouble
Friendly Coworkers
Practice Associate (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Checking patients in and out, completing vital signs, ekg's, urine dips, writing referrals, performing phlebotomy, giving vaccines, taking massages, completing call backs, giving test results via telephone and in person.
Love working here
Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2014
Great environment and people to work with. They make me feel important and that my job matters.
Results driven, professional environment
Corporate Director of Care Management (Current Employee), Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreMarch 17, 2014
Pros: interacted with all areas of the hospital
Cons: more managerial, less patient interaction
Exciting opportunity to grow and enrich CareManagement environment
Kept abreast of current legislation affecting health care
Dedicated staff, hardworking, patient-centered
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work in that depart
Anesthesia Tech (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: expected to perform well without proper training, doesnt pay shift differential. . although they are suppose to when you swatching to another shift, expected to work 11 straight days some times
The managment is horrible. They are unprofessional and everyway possible. The turn over rate with empolyees are at a all time high, effecting the proper training and services needed to complete job. Lead Techs want workers they can mistreat and get to kiss their butts! The worst of all there is no one you can trust to discuss these matters with because all they care about is not being involved with the little people ( in other words if one dont comform get rid of them). (Most of them are crut balls) Other parts of the department are just as bad... Chief of department, Secretary, Anesthesia Tech supervisor, lead ll, etc... because its been an on going problem for years and no one wants to correct it!
Turn around slowly and run, don't walk, away from LifeBridge Health
Corporate office (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2013
Pros: nice orientation.
Cons: unprofessional behavior, below-average compensation, 1% annual raises, employees denied advancement.
The 1 1/2 day orientation was the best part of my experience as an employee at LifeBridge Health. I witnessed undercompensated employees be abused by power-hungry management. Folks investing years in this organization only to be denied promotions. Very unprofessional working environment.

I hear raises are on average 1% as of this writing.

My time at LifeBridge is the worst working experience in my career. If you dare to interview here, and receive an offer, RUN, don't walk to the nearest exit.
Nice environment to work in. Very poor compensation.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), MarylandNovember 12, 2013
Pros: pleasant work atmosphere
Cons: pay far below industry standard
As a licensed medical professional I was expected to work for zero hourly wage and simply be paid off of commission from services that were booked to me. This commission was acceptable as it seemed as if I would be busy with clients. However I did not know that the majority (almost all) of the services booked to me were discounted up to 80% off the original price. I ended up barely breaking even after calculating the cost of my commute. In addition to this I was expected to offer chair massages to employees and "market" myself while not being paid at all. I also did not receive any training on how to book or even view my appointments in the computer system. I felt very isolated in my department.
Disappointing place to work, run away
Healthcare professional (Former Employee), Healthcare professionalSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: nice environment to work. most employees are nice.
Cons: it's all who you know, no breaks, poor management. clicks.human resources doesn't really help out established employees.
Worked here for 8years going above and beyond all the time. Evaluations were excellent. However, management places people that hold you back and and lie to you. I was just a number to them. I was so loyal and they just laid me off saying so sorry we will help you find another position. They never did and continued to lie and delay positions constantly while i could have looked elsewhere. I think i was at the top of my salary and they could hire someone for less. As far as their awards its not the truth. many departments are unhappy. Some of the people there are truly nice and caring to work with. Racism issues with some staff. It's all who you know. They have the Freedom...to stick it to you. Beware.
I enjoy my work within General Internal Medicine
Health Information Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore,MDApril 10, 2013
Cons: lack of compensation once new skills are acquired
I have an okay position,because of all the cross training available it allows me to build clerical skills. It is frustrating at times because I have to cover in a variety of departments (infectious disease, diabetic resource center and internal medicine) I am performing jobs well above my pay grade, however I am not compensated. Overall I enjoy my place of employment and the diverse culture is a bonus. I am seeking part time employment.
It's a nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2013
Pros: friendly and caring people.
Cons: pay scale for anyone other than doctors or nurses should be raised.
Like any other work place, it has it's issues, but in general it's a very nice place to work. The people are friendly, most of the nurses, doctors and management staff honestly care about their patients and employees. Sometimes things can get a little hectic, but generally we work as a team and manage to get things done in an efficient and timely manner. The pay could be better, but most people these days are just thankful to have a job.
Well maintained facility with a great support staff
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Pikesville, MDNovember 28, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: stagnant work/ lack of communication among management at times
I have been at the gym for almost 2 years. I enjoy my supervisor and co-worker's company and assistance. However, the job is too stagnant, and I am definitely in need of gaining relevant work experience to my schooling at the Fortis Institute.
Nice place to work
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2012
Registered patients and verified insurance before the patients were discharged.
The management team were not compassionate when it came to family issues.
Nice place to work
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2012
Registered patients and verified insurance before the patients were discharged.
The management team were not compassionate when it came to family issues.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDAugust 27, 2012
Pros: always evolving, learning new approaches to healthcare
Cons: software issues
Loads of interaction from the business office and patients. Management and other departments where extremely supportive with one another. Truly had a team unit. The hardest part of the job was getting close to someone and eventually they pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you had a helping hand in their happiness during their last stage in life.

About LifeBridge Health

LifeBridge Health is dedicated to maintaining and improving the health and well being of all people in the greater Baltimore region, – Read more

LifeBridge Health Photos