LifeBridge Health

LifeBridge Health Employee Reviews in United States

Best workplace
Patient Financial Services Rep CBO (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 12, 2016
I absolutely love Life Bridge. I would stay with the company of I were not relocating. In addition there is plenty of room to grow with the company.
Pros
Free parking
Hostile Work Environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandFebruary 17, 2016
On a typical work day, I cared for residents/patients under my care. Caring for the elderly requires many skills with the most important being patience. There are residents/patients who are more demanding than others because of their loss of a good part of their independence. Additionally, there are family members who are actively involved, but may be unrealistic about their loved ones disposition. Just having to deal with these two factors would be nothing if administration and management were compassionate and caring of their staff. Because of the work setting politics, managers frequently used their discretion to frequently single out, harass, and discipline those employees they don't like or favor; and administration supports this behavior. This is the cause for such a high employee turnover. They don't value good, strong, skilled employees. They claim to be the next thing in healthcare. Well, I sure hope not!
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Unsupportive management, political dynamics
management suck
dietary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2016
There's no leadership and no team work there Period at all supervisors have nasty attitudes all the time. Don't get me wrong it a nice place to work if they had more people wit positive attitudes and supervisor's are lazy as ever they don't help period they leave for your own self. Its a lot of people who do nothing but snitch all day every day instead of helping and embracing. I never work for a place who's not understanding of people situations. With this snow blizzard they except people to come to work knowing some people can't make they just don't care about peoples safety. They told people they have a 2 hour grace period and if they miss there 2 hour grace period they had to have and show actual sufficient proof as to why they are late and still will get wrote up. Never have I ever heard of that know how bad the weather is. I can't work for a company who feels that way about people that's just sad. People should come to work happy and not feeling uncomfortable thinking they gonna lose there job over something so small. Another thing they except and look for people to fail and when u are a new person ur gonna make a lot of mistakes. Never thought it would be this bad and its a Jewish hospital smh. I regret working in dietary I wish I worked in a different department cuz dietary suck and its no positivity in that department all u get is dirty looks and attitudes from co workers and supervisor's in that department.
Pros
Its actually so nice people who work there wit positive attitudes
Cons
benefits, breaks are short and the pay sucks
Extrememly productive
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2016
There is very limited room for advancement. The management are afraid of employees and have no sense of accountablity. Show favoritism.
The work environment is union which is a turn off for me and HR is not dominant in its authority.
Pros
Excellent pay, excellent benefits and the residents make coming to work worth the weight in gold.
Cons
MANAGEMENT or lack thereof.
Great Place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2016
Very friendly work place, upper management always open to hearing new ideas from front line workers. Administration has an open door policy.
Quite busy
Quality Analyst (remote) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2015
Lifebridge as a total is a good company to work with though some departments are not as good as others. There are some wonderful benefits including a great insurance plan.
Job got political
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2015
The company was enjoyable until politics made doing your job harder. It became a game of who was more important employees or outside vendors.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
numbers more important than people
Great place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John USVISeptember 29, 2015
Beautiful resort....Five Star. First place of employment where I got several promotion. Had some of the best staff and coworkers. Employee recognition was remarkable. I also received employee of the month certificate.
Pros
Great resort and delicious food
Cons
Seasonal work can be a problem
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2015
A typical work day is consistent each day with specific required task. I work independently with minimal input from management on assigned task. I interact with coders, physicians, nurses and office staff.
Pros
Intermittent social events sponsored by LifeBridge Health
Cons
Compensation
LifeBridge
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 25, 2015
This is a great place to work at, the atmosphere is unbelievable and everyone seems happy to be here. the only downside is they do not want to give raises to the workers who deserve them.
quiet place to work
CTR Intern (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2015
enjoying working with my supervisor and i learned alot from her.Very supportive staff and doctors. I learned new stuff from my colleagues.
My job was one that I enjoyed
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 3, 2015
The job its self was a very nice job, I met plenty of nice patient and or family members of the patients. Some that were very ill and some who just came in for regular yearly exams. A typical day for me at work was a 8am-5-pm shift sometimes twice a week we had to work evening shift which was 10:30-7:30pm. On either shift there were not a lot of complexities that I saw to be something that could not be handled. I was very happy with all of my coworkers There was really no hard parts of the job to me was that I had to accept that there was no room for growth for me at all. The providers were very friendly and worked well with you on different levels. The different distributers always bought lunch for the office as they piloted some of the different new medications.
Pros
The staff that I worked with was fun and close to one another
Cons
That unfortunately there was no for growth within the company
Fast Paced
Service Desk Attendant/ Manager on Duty (MOD) (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDJune 13, 2015
You are always on the go! Working for lifebridge will allow you to contribute to your own personal health while helping customers because you are able to show them you are with them every step of the way. You may sometimes be working out next to a new member you helped join and be a motivation to help them improve their lifestyle.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Always on your feet
Results orientated employee
Compensation Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2015
LBH is a good organization. Excellent benefits and good work life balance. The management team encourages ideas and suggestion to improve the culture and patient experience.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Good Place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 9, 2015
Sinai is a good place to work. There are so many different departments so you can move around and the leadership supports that. Its a hopsital so you learn a lot. Its never a boring day here. They do recognize you if you do well. There are a lot of changes happening lately so security is not as tight but that's many companies. Because its a hospital, they hold their staff accountable and look for ways to improve. My co-workers are fabulous but I know some other departments have struggling relationships.
The hardest part of this job is if you are doing well its a double edged sword. They trust you so they'll ask you to lead more and take on more and be more visible. This is an honor but it's also a lot of work. Communication in this organization could be better. There are orders and sometimes with no explanation or the explanation comes late.
Pros
Free parking, employee recognition
Cons
high stress, like any hospital
mobility driver and deliver coureir
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2015
My typical day at work go into the office and check my run schedule for that day. Go start-up my assign vehicle,register mileage,register gas, and complete inspection sheet(tires,oil,wheel chair lift ,etc.), Pickup and transport patient to and from the daycare, doctor office,therapy section and to cancer institute treatment.Courier duties pertain to loading and unloading specimen,drugs,boxes of blood, payroll check and pick-up from doctor office. I learned to be on time delivering anything that I have on my courier run because it could save someone life. Driving in rush hour traffic. Satisfaction of taking patient to there destination to assist in helping them get better and interact with the.patient .
Sinai hospital of baltimore
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  BALTIMORE CITYFebruary 24, 2015
the food department is HORRIBLE! the kitchen is DISGUSTING. You'd be surprised that this disgusting kitchen is responsible for giving food to the patients and employees of the hospital. Most workers do not wash their hands when coming in from the bathroom or touching surfaces that are unsanitary. The kitchen is always running out of soap for the ecolab dishmachine and the managers and supervisors tell us to run the dishes and pots thru with NO SOAP!!! JUST HOT WATER!! SO DISGUSTING!!! they do not care!!! there are many patients that are sick with many different diseases, viruses and bacterias, the dishes need to be cleaned properly!!! JUST IMAGINE EATING OFF OF THE SILVERWARE OR DISHES THAT HAVE BEEN IN THE MOUTH OF A SICK PATIENT WITH GOD KNOWS WHAT!!! TRAYS THAT COME IN WITH BODY WASTE GOING IN A MACHINE WITH NO SOAP JUST HOT WATER!!!!

the floors are DIRTY!!! OLD FOOD LEFT FROM CHEFS AND LEFT FOR THE ROACHES TO HAVE A GOOD FEAST AT NIGHT. THE CRACKS ARE FILLED WITH DIRT AND GRIME. If you think you are eating kosher, think again!!! the roaches crawl all over the utensils and supplies in the cabinets, in the kosher kitchen. Roach city GALORE!! Move the stuff away from the walls and watch the roaches run for their lives!!

The dishroom is always understaffed. two people running a four man machine that supplies 99% of the hospital is not cool!!! the managers watch you struggle working instead of helping like they're supposed to. The work environment is negative. They have a high turn around rate because of this,

I ate spaghetti from the kosher kitchen on my first day and guess
  more... what? I caught a bad case of food poisoning from the food! the food was contaminated and the chef popped a label on the leftover sauce and put it right in the kitchen refrigerator to be put right back in the kosher kitchen upstairs!

I would work 12 hr shifts (very seldom only if senior employees did not want to work) 9a-9pm with only one 30 min break for the WHOLE DAY!!!!!! So imagine working and running carts all day plus being short on the dish machine and having your last break at 11:30 a and working til 9....not COOL AT ALL!! the people that should be helping are never around. they take breaks and go off into space until they feel they are ready to come back. I was always getting stuck with the bulk of work BY MYSELF!!! They would leave stacks and stacks of dishes and say "I'M OUT OF HERE". I would stay behind and get the stacks of dishes squared away because I didn't like to leave work unfinished. There was one person who helped, but the rest of them watch you struggle or ask "you're working over here by yourself?" (YES MANAGERS SEE IT HAPPENING AND DON'T EVEN HELP!)

I was soo exicted to start working at sinai but as time went on and as they continued to do UNSANITARY and unsatisfactory things, I grew tired and got fed up! SINAI is the lowest paying hospital in the city of baltimore. The hours are TERRIBLE. They are giving only FOUR hour shifts because sinai does not want dietary workers going full time.... please save yourself! get away FAST!!!
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
low pay, short breaks, unfair work conditions, negative place
Fun and Productive workplace
Cancer Institute Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2014
Fantastic place to work no matter what you chose to do. You will find the experience to be a great one. It is a top facility to work with from the physicians to the laborers. They are all about the education and support of their workers. Highly recommended.
Pros
pay and workplace experience
Cons
people do not smile and greet each other unless they know you
High paced, friendly environment
Medical Practice Representative - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  10 Crossroads Dr. Owings Mills MD, 21117August 13, 2014
A typical day at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics is extrememly high paced. We tend to have about 75-100 patients each day that need service at the front desk. I am currently the financial coordinator for the office. I get all MRI, CT scans, injectable drugs authorizations and verify eligibility for all patients. I also manage the front desk. Since being here I've gained additional management skills while leading the front desk. The hardest part of my current position is maintaing the patient flow with the high volume of patients the office consistently has. The most enjoyable part is the patient interaction.
Pros
interacting with patients
Cons
no pre-scheduled lunch breaks
I could be a patient here.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2014
I have worked in several acute care facilities, but Sinai is the only hospital I would want to take care of me if I were ill. The doctors are competent and quick to respond. I have read some negative reviews and I believe every department has different dynamics. I would not let that keep me from working here. Life is what you make it. Sometimes you have to be the change agent. Sure there are a lot of big egos in the hospital, but you can bring them back to reality politely. It is the general culture of most high-standing personnel in hospitals to treat their "inferiors" as such, but you have the power to change that. My manager is quite nice, and so are my co-workers. I love it here.
Pros
competent docs, family-like work environment
Cons
difficult/ demanding patient population

2.9