QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). Must have a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, social work or other human service field, preferably with two years of experience working in a Mental Health Community Support Program. Experience in psychosocial programs is preferred. Must be a goal-oriented individual, capable of working independently to coordinate services for consumers. Must be capable of communicating effectively. Program management skills related to supported living and vocational services preferred. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license.
BASIC FUNCTION: Provide psychiatric rehabilitation services.
- Provide psychiatric rehabilitation services for consumers to facilitate their access to needed services in the community
- Monitor general mental health of consumers, providing appropriate referral and/or crisis management as necessary
- Provide individual and group training to consumers in community living skills, independent living skills, general wellness, medication compliance and effective work habits
- Develop service plans for each consumer assigned, and assists in efforts implementing planned activities, goals and services
- Coordinate with intake, CD, ACT, jail diversion and housing when necessary.
- Monitor medication compliance for each individual receiving prescribed medications, to include records of medication administrations and storage and maintenance of medications; assists consumers in attending clinic appointments and group medication meetings
- Maintain consumer records; completes all documentation according to policy. Assures that record documentation accurately reflects the progress and needs of each consumer, within 24 hours of appointment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Facilitate the provision of transportation services for consumers; may provide some services directly
- Rotate as on-call case manager for half a day on a weekly basis
- Participate in 24 hour on-call rotation
Indeed - 4 months ago