QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in nursing from an accredited college or university; and two or more years of related experience OR an associates Degree in nursing and four years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Schedules appointments with the physician to average 15 contacts per day minimum with the physician is in the clinic. Coordinates medication services with the pharmacy. monitors medication for each client to ensure that they have medication as needed. fills med minders for clients who are unable to fill their own. Coordinates medication services with the case workers to ensure that they have medication to deliver to consumers when they need it. Obtains prior authorizations for restricted medications. coordinates services with medicare/medicaid and ValueOptions regarding medication.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The nurse may be required to have contact with clients in the community. Will help to manage the medication and med-minders for a population who is generally unable to independently maintain medication compliance. Will coordinate with pharmacy and with medication authorization sources as needed. Will participate in daily staffing/report with the team and will take on-call crisis rotation with the other team members. Case management and treatment planning is a routine part of working on the ACT Team. ACT Team RN’s are not responsible for or involved with issues in the agency outside of their role as ACT Team nurses unless specifically assigned to do this by the Team Leader.
- Perform activities required of a registered nurse, related to assessment of mental and physical conditions, administration and monitoring of medications and implementation of physicians’ orders for ACT consumers.
- Conducts vital signs assessment, and injections. Coordinates screening tests, assessments and blood draws with the lab as needed by ACT consumers.
- Instruct ACT consumers and staff on health education issues relating to their individual treatment needs, devising teaching methods, aids, or tests for education programs regarding heath and medication issues for ACT consumers as assigned.
- Responds promptly and prepares and maintains records pertaining to consumer medication issues relating to the treatment of ACT consumers
- Communicate with pharmacy staff regarding physician orders, and prescriptions in response to the needs of ACT consumers.
- Responsible for the management of MIMS process for requisition for medication relating to the treatment of Team clients.
- Prepare and maintain statistical and other reports as assigned.
- Provide specialized med education to ACT caseworkers, clients, families or groups, and document contacts per agency requirements.
- Participate in developing and implementing community health education programs and in the development of individual treatment plans as assigned.
- Responsible for keeping inventories of medications, including supplies, for the ACT team.
- Assist in evaluating consumer care for ACT clients and make recommendations for improvements as needed.
- May provide consultation to agency staff, the medical community, and other organizations, as assigned.
- Coordinates, monitors and reviews outside medical records and assessments to determine how these apply to client care.
- May be required to detect, record, investigate, and report infections and communicable diseases of ACT consumers and take corrective action as appropriate. Monitors and coordinates overall health issues for ACT clients.
- May assist in the development and monitoring of program operations, policies, and procedures relating to ACT consumers.
HOURS: The hours in this position are governed by the needs of the program; however routine work schedule will be from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. When the needs of the program require, an alternative schedule will be implemented.
Competitive salary and benefit package.