LifeCell Corporation Employee Reviews

horrible
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJMarch 26, 2017
unprofessional, company lacks a lot in professionalism. forced to work over time. I would definitely not work here especially if you have a light stomach and are afraid to see blood. however a lot has changed since I left and company has been bought and sold several times.
Decent place
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJMarch 22, 2017
The work and life schedule was somewhat balanced. I required to work 10hrs per day include on of the weekend day. Compensation was not at competitive as other places.
fun place to work
Associate Event Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 9, 2017
good company. great colleagues. they provide good amount of raining. why am i being forced to write this review. it seems silly. i dont want to share any more info.
Fun and close knit workplace
Convention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 27, 2017
LifeCell was more of a family than a company. The culture was strong and coworkers went the extra mile in order to help out their peers and get the job done. Incentives were put in place in order to continue the drive for progress and senior leadership was not hesitant to reward those who went above and beyond.
Great Culture, Products, People, and Culture
Territory Manager Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJFebruary 9, 2017
Hands down the best company to work for in medical devices. LifeCell is culture of friends and family who work and play hard. They give you the tools you need to be successful and allow you to
run your business as a professional.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 26, 2016
Great company. The company culture is amazing and the employee perks are great motivation to stay with an awesome company.
Great Products but comapny has To many "leaders"
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 23, 2016
Lifecell is a great place to work but the organization is very top heavy. I took the position in hopes the company was going to IPO and wanted to work heavily in that transition. Unfortunately company was sold and was not communicated down to all the employees in a timely manner.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
thinks change with our any notice.
A great company to work for
Quality Control Tech, Histology (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJNovember 3, 2016
Lifecell is people oriented with a state of the art equipment . A great place to learn and with great co- workers. At Lifecell I learned many skills that I will continue use in my life time. I was treated with a great professionalism by my management as well as my co-workers.
The job ethic is zero, too much of politics from management, leads to operators. If either management or leads dont like you, no race or promotion.
Operation Technician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 23, 2016
The job is ethic every. No stable schedule for production.
No stable closing time ( You have to finish before you can go home) job ethic is zero,
You will learned not to relay on some of the management.
Don't trust any of the lead Some management and leads leadership and are unprofessional.
Work environment is Stressful. Some co-workers are nice while some relate to others in rude and fowl language.
The pay rate is low. The job ethic is zero, too much of politics from management, leads to operators. If either management or leads don't like you, no race or promotion. The clean room is hot and need more advance renovations
Pros
Just to pay bills
Cons
No feature ( advancement or promotion is none)
Ok work enviorment
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJuly 5, 2016
No the best but not the worst place to work.... work schedule was erratic at the time I was employed there. Poor communication between management
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Work schedule
My most fulfilling professional experience
Sales Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 12, 2016
During my time at LifeCell, I have had tremendous professional, as well as personal growth. The opportunities presented to me here have broaded my skills. Their products are so impactful to their patients and it fills me with such pride to play my part in helping improve so many peoples' lives.

I have had ten wonderful years at LifeCell! If it weren't for the family situation that relocated my family from NJ to OH, I would stay with LifeCell indefinitely. I have an amazing & supportive manager who is helping me through my transition. The team of professionals I work with is certainly what I would call "The A Team!" - very talented and caring people. Our team motto is "have fun and get stuff done".
Pros
as stated above - professional growth opportunities, healthy company culture, products that make a difference in patients' lives, wonderful manager and team
Cons
rising cost of healthcare benefits
Good One.
Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 21, 2015
Im working in LifeCell as a contract employee. Lifecell work environment is good. Currently looking for better opportunity and a permanent position.
Good Company
Manufacturing Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJNovember 2, 2015
LifeCell Corporation was a good company to work for as an intern. I have learned lots of skills that were relevant to engineering. My co-workers thought me a lot of different skills as well.
Some growing pains, excellent product
AR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 13, 2015
Very busy working environment. Great deal of potential for the product. New management attempting to educate themselves on the market and internal issues.
Good benefits but no opportunities to grow
Contract Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 25, 2015
To move up in this company you need to find your way. There is no career development plan for anybody. This company is going through a lot of restructuring, a lot of changes.
Benefits
Great Science concept but company ran by people that do not know science
Technical Trainer and Employee Development (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJune 23, 2015
Great way to save and change people's quality of life but company ran by people that do not know science nor the business of bringing the company to maintain success. They cannot hold on to talent. Too much politics is played instead of finding ways to make better products.
Pros
Picnics, Christmas party
Cons
The favoritism and politics have to go. This was not the reason why the company was founded.
Fun place to work
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 18, 2015
Fun and good place to work but a lot of uncertainty lately.

Resolved more than 16 tickets a day
Learned some of the applications that that I knew little.
Co-workers always fun.
Hardest part when projects are given unclear
Most enjoyable part is when helped users in timely manner, resolved hard issues and left happy.
Pros
nice building
Cons
healthcare
Lacks quality leadership
Production (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 27, 2015
If you don't mind taking orders from unqualified leadership then Lifecell is the place for you! The work is easy but the pay is sub-par.
This is what Corporate Death looks like
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 23, 2015
It is very difficult to have worked for this company for over 10 years and see how poorly it has been "managed" into such a tailspin. The two products that have been out there for several years are relatively unchanged, so it is hard to say being in R&D has been satisfying. There are some "Bolt-On" widgets but nothing like Alloderm or Strattice. We've almost launched a new product/technology dozens of times, but Senior Management consistently muddles things up beyond belief. Maybe at J&J they had mature guidance, but on their own they are truly pathetic.

The people at the worker level are great, and genuinely put forth their best effort with a lot of talent. There has been excessive turbulence among higher levels of the staff, so the future is quite uncertain for everyone as there is no plan at all. Spending was shut off Q4 to make numbers, and most of Q1 we have no budget or projects to work on. If I stopped paying my bills for several months, I would look flush too.

If someone did find work here in a generic field (accounting, cust svc., admin) I'm sure they would love it. The cafe in Bridgewater is a great perk and the building is quiet and much like a library since there isn't much going on. Can't say much about career enhancement, as most in R&D are in same position forever. At least paychecks are regular and don't bounce. Others have commented about the poor management accurately, all buzzwords and hype. New boss has some nebulous title and may not realize how bad things really are just yet - but he will. Handful of VP's let go recently, but with the
  more... whole Acelity mindset, the overbearing KCI influence from Texas and Joe Woody's pals, and the investors that really call the shots - there's really nothing anyone at LifeCell can do to "Make Better" (stupid new Acelity motto).

What most people hope for is a decent severance payment when all our jobs are eliminated. About 25% of R&D has left in last year, with no backfill (which HR thinks is normal turnover); the rest of us are looking. The end might be next month, might be summer, but most of us just wish they'd get it over with so we can get on with a real career doing something worthwhile.
Pros
Very intelligent people at worker level, reasonable pay and days off, easy workload.
Cons
Lack of leadership, top heavy organization, no future.
Used to be a great company to work for
Consulting Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Then private equity came in and ruined it. Constant leadership changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeCell Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7