LifeCell Corporation

LifeCell Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

My most fulfilling professional experience
Sales Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 12, 2016
During my time at LifeCell, I have had tremendous professional, as well as personal growth. The opportunities presented to me here have broaded my skills. Their products are so impactful to their patients and it fills me with such pride to play my part in helping improve so many peoples' lives.

I have had ten wonderful years at LifeCell! If it weren't for the family situation that relocated my family from NJ to OH, I would stay with LifeCell indefinitely. I have an amazing & supportive manager who is helping me through my transition. The team of professionals I work with is certainly what I would call "The A Team!" - very talented and caring people. Our team motto is "have fun and get stuff done".
Pros
as stated above - professional growth opportunities, healthy company culture, products that make a difference in patients' lives, wonderful manager and team
Cons
rising cost of healthcare benefits
Good One.
Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 21, 2015
Im working in LifeCell as a contract employee. Lifecell work environment is good. Currently looking for better opportunity and a permanent position.
Good Company
Manufacturing Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJNovember 2, 2015
LifeCell Corporation was a good company to work for as an intern. I have learned lots of skills that were relevant to engineering. My co-workers thought me a lot of different skills as well.
Some growing pains, excellent product
AR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 13, 2015
Very busy working environment. Great deal of potential for the product. New management attempting to educate themselves on the market and internal issues.
Good benefits but no opportunities to grow
Contract Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 25, 2015
To move up in this company you need to find your way. There is no career development plan for anybody. This company is going through a lot of restructuring, a lot of changes.
Benefits
Great Science concept but company ran by people that do not know science
Technical Trainer and Employee Development (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJune 23, 2015
Great way to save and change people's quality of life but company ran by people that do not know science nor the business of bringing the company to maintain success. They cannot hold on to talent. Too much politics is played instead of finding ways to make better products.
Pros
Picnics, Christmas party
Cons
The favoritism and politics have to go. This was not the reason why the company was founded.
Fun place to work
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 18, 2015
Fun and good place to work but a lot of uncertainty lately.

Resolved more than 16 tickets a day
Learned some of the applications that that I knew little.
Co-workers always fun.
Hardest part when projects are given unclear
Most enjoyable part is when helped users in timely manner, resolved hard issues and left happy.
Pros
nice building
Cons
healthcare
Lacks quality leadership
Production (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 27, 2015
If you don't mind taking orders from unqualified leadership then Lifecell is the place for you! The work is easy but the pay is sub-par.
This is what Corporate Death looks like
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 23, 2015
It is very difficult to have worked for this company for over 10 years and see how poorly it has been "managed" into such a tailspin. The two products that have been out there for several years are relatively unchanged, so it is hard to say being in R&D has been satisfying. There are some "Bolt-On" widgets but nothing like Alloderm or Strattice. We've almost launched a new product/technology dozens of times, but Senior Management consistently muddles things up beyond belief. Maybe at J&J they had mature guidance, but on their own they are truly pathetic.

The people at the worker level are great, and genuinely put forth their best effort with a lot of talent. There has been excessive turbulence among higher levels of the staff, so the future is quite uncertain for everyone as there is no plan at all. Spending was shut off Q4 to make numbers, and most of Q1 we have no budget or projects to work on. If I stopped paying my bills for several months, I would look flush too.

If someone did find work here in a generic field (accounting, cust svc., admin) I'm sure they would love it. The cafe in Bridgewater is a great perk and the building is quiet and much like a library since there isn't much going on. Can't say much about career enhancement, as most in R&D are in same position forever. At least paychecks are regular and don't bounce. Others have commented about the poor management accurately, all buzzwords and hype. New boss has some nebulous title and may not realize how bad things really are just yet - but he will. Handful of VP's let go recently, but with the
  more... whole Acelity mindset, the overbearing KCI influence from Texas and Joe Woody's pals, and the investors that really call the shots - there's really nothing anyone at LifeCell can do to "Make Better" (stupid new Acelity motto).

What most people hope for is a decent severance payment when all our jobs are eliminated. About 25% of R&D has left in last year, with no backfill (which HR thinks is normal turnover); the rest of us are looking. The end might be next month, might be summer, but most of us just wish they'd get it over with so we can get on with a real career doing something worthwhile.
Pros
Very intelligent people at worker level, reasonable pay and days off, easy workload.
Cons
Lack of leadership, top heavy organization, no future.
Used to be a great company to work for
Consulting Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Then private equity came in and ruined it. Constant leadership changes.
Well rounded and comfortable work enviornment
Aseptic Technician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work consists of processing tissue and maintaining a clean a disinfected work area.
I have learned how to operate in a sterile aseptic environment.
Management is very informative and considerate
Pros
location, salary
Cons
hours of operation
Really good co workers, learned a lot.
Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJDecember 17, 2014
Worked there for six years,it was very good experience learned a lot.
Pros
plenny of over time, good friends.
Cons
healthcare.
Great work experience!
Sales Support Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 4, 2014
Directly worked with Sales Reps and Hospitals to ensure product was delivered in time for surgery. Learned many skills and met a great group of people in the Customer Solutions Department but had very little job security & poor management.
Pros
team environment
Cons
job security/advancement
Acelity slowly killing us
current empolyee (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 23, 2014
Since firing our SVP, Acelity, aka KCI, is slowly firing LifeCell employees or having LifeCell employees report into same level of management at KCI, despite experience. There is no respect for LifeCell employees and I think they are hoping that most employees will quit as they will move most jobs to Texas. We have no voice in the new Acelity organization. Moral and motivation at all time low. KCI thinks they are a big fish in the medical device arena, but they are the only game in town in San Antonio. Welcome to NJ where the competition is fierce! You can't compare to NJ talent.
Great Place to work
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJNovember 14, 2014
My experience was great at Lifecell. It is a good place to work and advance your career.
Firing employee with no reasons and never appreciate your hard work
Expert in my area (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJOctober 30, 2014
I was working so hard and contributed my time and family life so much, but my managers didn't like me. The reason they didn't like me is because I am the expert in my area but they don't know anything about it. They were afraid of, I think, I was going to take them over and made them look bad. In order to get rid of me, they made up some non-existing reasons, and gave me the lowest rating during the year-end performance evalution no matter how great my performance was.

During my employment years, I spent double or triple of my time working nights and weekends. I didn't even take one single day off throughout a year until December to work on a critical project, but no one appreciated and they even blamed me for something that I was not responsible at all. The manager only took credit and blamed others when something went wrong.

This is the company that having no life, no fairness and no future at all!!!
Cons
many
Wish it was more than it is
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 21, 2014
• Developed highly empathetic client relationships and earned reputation for exceeding sales goals
• Generated sales and inventory reports in Excel with data from a variety of sources, maintaining a 100% accuracy rate
• Assisting in analyzing new customer contracts based on customer need
• Managed hospital and sales representative product inventories
• Processed returns authorizations and credits for all product being returned
• Received and entered customer complaints into database (FDA regulated)
• Complied with all SOP/LOP regulations
• Achieved high sales percentage with consultative, value-focused customer service approach.
Pros
great people
Cons
terrible management
An incredible experience with a booming start up
Senior Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2014
I worked for LC is the early years and enjoyed watching a company grow a a ridiculous rate. The sales position targeted key surgeons to use human acellular dermis.
Corporate Culture
Assoc. Event and Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 29, 2014
People who do well with office politics will fair welll here. Long hours, after hour networking & relationship building determines professional opportunity & success.

Work life balance has to be monitored if important to you.

At this company I learned to change, company has experienced a number of restructures which requires employees to be able to change directions with the changing of the gurard. Policy, procedure, corporate mission statement, goals & objectives subject to change at any time. Successful employment will require the ability to get on board with changes.

Middle management doesn't receive much oversight leaving employees open to micro-managment. Upper manangment offers complete support to all managers across the board.

Company has comparable pay scale and excellent benefits package.
Pros
medical benefits, lifecell is part of a larger corporation which gives access to many career opportunities
Cons
instability of management, upper management far removed from employees.
Contractors
Temp (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 11, 2014
Contractors are not treated as professionals. Random firings, communications between contractors and hiring managers are discouraged.
Pros
commute.
Cons
communications are poor.

2.6