LifeCell Corporation

LifeCell Corporation Employer Reviews

Great work experience!
Sales Support Account Specialist (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJDecember 4, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: job security/advancement
Directly worked with Sales Reps and Hospitals to ensure product was delivered in time for surgery. Learned many skills and met a great group of people in the Customer Solutions Department but had very little job security & poor management.
Acelity slowly killing us
current empolyee (Current Employee), NJNovember 23, 2014
Since firing our SVP, Acelity, aka KCI, is slowly firing LifeCell employees or having LifeCell employees report into same level of management at KCI, despite experience. There is no respect for LifeCell employees and I think they are hoping that most employees will quit as they will move most jobs to Texas. We have no voice in the new Acelity organization. – more... Moral and motivation at all time low. KCI thinks they are a big fish in the medical device arena, but they are the only game in town in San Antonio. Welcome to NJ where the competition is fierce! You can't compare to NJ talent. – less
Great Place to work
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Branchburg, NJNovember 14, 2014
My experience was great at Lifecell. It is a good place to work and advance your career.
Firing employee with no reasons and never appreciate your hard work
Expert in my area (Former Employee), Branchburg, NJOctober 30, 2014
Cons: many
I was working so hard and contributed my time and family life so much, but my managers didn't like me. The reason they didn't like me is because I am the expert in my area but they don't know anything about it. They were afraid of, I think, I was going to take them over and made them look bad. In order to get rid of me, they made up some non-existing – more... reasons, and gave me the lowest rating during the year-end performance evalution no matter how great my performance was.

During my employment years, I spent double or triple of my time working nights and weekends. I didn't even take one single day off throughout a year until December to work on a critical project, but no one appreciated and they even blamed me for something that I was not responsible at all. The manager only took credit and blamed others when something went wrong.

This is the company that having no life, no fairness and no future at all!!! – less
Wish it was more than it is
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: terrible management
• Developed highly empathetic client relationships and earned reputation for exceeding sales goals
• Generated sales and inventory reports in Excel with data from a variety of sources, maintaining a 100% accuracy rate
• Assisting in analyzing new customer contracts based on customer need
• Managed hospital and sales representative product inventories
 – more... Processed returns authorizations and credits for all product being returned
• Received and entered customer complaints into database (FDA regulated)
• Complied with all SOP/LOP regulations
• Achieved high sales percentage with consultative, value-focused customer service approach. – less
An incredible experience with a booming start up
Senior Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2014
I worked for LC is the early years and enjoyed watching a company grow a a ridiculous rate. The sales position targeted key surgeons to use human acellular dermis.
Corporate Culture
Assoc. Event and Program Manager (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, lifecell is part of a larger corporation which gives access to many career opportunities
Cons: instability of management, upper management far removed from employees.
People who do well with office politics will fair welll here. Long hours, after hour networking & relationship building determines professional opportunity & success.

Work life balance has to be monitored if important to you.

At this company I learned to change, company has experienced a number of restructures which requires employees to be able to – more... change directions with the changing of the gurard. Policy, procedure, corporate mission statement, goals & objectives subject to change at any time. Successful employment will require the ability to get on board with changes.

Middle management doesn't receive much oversight leaving employees open to micro-managment. Upper manangment offers complete support to all managers across the board.

Company has comparable pay scale and excellent benefits package. – less
Contractors
Temp (Former Employee), NJSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: commute.
Cons: communications are poor.
Contractors are not treated as professionals. Random firings, communications between contractors and hiring managers are discouraged.
Very good Company
Supplier Development Analyst (Current Employee), Branchburg, NJAugust 29, 2014
Pros: excellent working enviornment
Cons: requires many updates in system as well as processes
I love to work in Lifecell Corporation. Job culture is very friendly . I have got opportunities to all fulfill all my dream projects in this company
Very nasty company
SME (Former Employee), Branchburg, NJAugust 1, 2014
Cons: randomly fires people, never appreciate hard-working employees, treat employees like slave
I have been working there for sveral years, and worked like a slave day and night, and most of the weekends, but the managers never appreciated. They never gave you any credit, and comp time or anything else. As a technical expert, I have been contributed so much and added great values to the company and projects, but at the end of the year, they even – more... giave me a very bad performance rating.

My manager and director knew nothing about technical but they wanted to control us technical people and they even wanted and had made technical decisions based on their ignorance, so that created many problems. Once problems happened, they first blamed the technical people like us, and never took responsiblities themselves. They randomly fired people they don't like, and place their own people they know to create their own network.

This is the company you don't want to work a single day there!!! – less
too many cooks in the kitchen
Processing Technician (Former Employee), Branchburg, NJJuly 28, 2014
Pros: the coffee was free.
Cons: bad management, no increase
petty revelry between managers. one has a problem with the other. instead of confronting the issue. they back stab each other and make it worst for the employees under them to get along with other shift employees. 3rh shift alloderm management was the worst. its like you were working for little kids. for a clean room there facility inside the clean – more... room not clean allo4 air handler sometimes hits 80C n still tissue production goes on. – less
Stressful work environment
Engineer (Current Employee), NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: ice cream once a week
Cons: ongoing promotion freeze unless back-filling vacated positions
Job security used as a motivational tool.
Project scope creep is common and timelines are not followed.
Lack of people and resources to do the work, no support.
Every project is considered a priority with constant micro-management.
Company undergoing name change and losing brand identity with hedge fund ownership.
No new products in R&D.
A once promising – more... company a few years ago is now in static limbo awaiting either further headcount reduction or possible IPO.

Do your research and proceed with caution. – less
Fast paced company
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Branchburg, NJJune 10, 2014
Pros: open and friendly working environment
The company is growing at a fast pace and products are exciting to work with.
Very productive and exciting atmosphere
QC Inspector (Current Employee), Branchburg, NJMay 24, 2014
A typical day at work is QC inspection of human tissue and porcine tissue. I learned how to inspect both human and porcine tissue, I learned how to use "oracle". Learned many other things that involve the use or oracle and human/porcine tissue. The management seems very great have had no problems thus far.
Good Place to Work
Consignment Specialist (Current Employee), Branchburg, NJApril 16, 2014
A company on the move with good leadership. Good benefits and a innovative product
n/a
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJApril 15, 2014
Pros: great team members
Cons: not much oppurtunity for personal career grownth.
• Analyzed, distributed and processed customer fax orders
• Answered all calls in a timely manner to satisfy all customer needs
• Provided direction to customers on product delivery time
• Processed approximately 85-100 orders daily via fax, phone and e-mail
• Utilized Oracle database to enter all customer orders and inventory information
• Coordinated – more... with Shipping to ensure customer orders were delivered in a timely manner
• Collaborated with Accounting to resolve any customer credit holds
• Maintained and organized spreadsheets for customer orders and company protocols
• Processed credit card transactions
• Filed all customer orders to ensure accurate records in case of an audit – less
OK
Production Operator/Biomedical Technician (Current Employee), Branchburg, NJMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good skill and resume builder
Cons: no cutoff to be brought on as a actual employee
The facility is amazing and management and the employees are good but you start off as a temp and there is no guarantee that you will ever be hired which is a major downfall. You get paid holidays but it doesn't compensate for everything that you lack as far as benefits, job security, and the run around you get when ask about the hiring status. In my – more... opinion they would rather keep everyone as temps and not hire anyone. The job itself requires a learning curve but it is cot super complicated. You will get it with repetition. – less
Worst atmosphere ever
Process Operator (Former Employee), Branchburg NJMarch 11, 2014
Pros: interesting work
Cons: horrible management
While they want you to believe they are a high end efficient corporation, don't be fooled by the facade.Worst management I have ever encountered while group leads and tech 2s stab you in the back over the smallest mishap. Benefits aren't bad but they aren't worth it. You are expected to do overtime and management guilts you into working holidays. They – more... are hypocrites, they preach being a change champion yet they do not even know what that means. QA needs to look around more to notice the breaches in the splitter room and BSCs. This place is a joke. When they aren't trying to throw you under a bus, some co-workers are really nice. You try really hard to believe they are helping the greater good, but take it as it is. They are getting a FREE product from the death of another being and selling a 4x4 inch of tissue for $35,000+ that is not covered by insurance. Also, the families of the deceased donor do not get any compensation whatsoever.Pure profit for a greedy corporation who had to have their former CEO step down with a severance package of 13 million. But the workers make peanuts and the annual performance reviews are a 4% increase, if you're lucky. They purposely do not give you a good review and keep tabs on every little move you make to justify never giving you a high review. – less
LifeCell was taken over by another company
Healthcare Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
The atmosphere in our facility is very depressing. Our jobs will eventually be taken over by the Mother company, KCI in San Antonio.
Great learning experience
administrative assistant (Former Employee), branchburg, NJFebruary 5, 2014
was able to see the process of real human made usable for people from around the world who needed skin graphs as well as burn victims and breast cancer patients. learned alot in the oracle system that they used their. made alot of nice friends and loved my boss

1 2 3

About LifeCell Corporation

LifeCell Corporation's portfolio of products includes our well-known soft-tissue repair products for abdominal wall reconstruction, – Read more