LIFEGUARD AMBULANCE SERVICE Employee Reviews

Workplace
Basic Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, OKDecember 28, 2017
Due to the larger size of the company it runs much smoother than the smaller services in the area. It is organized with rules and regulations in place to help both you and the patients.
Worst ambulance servic ever
Paramedic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 10, 2017
This is one of the worst places to work! There are constant threats about your job, constant emails that are very unclear, the company lies, does the minimum to keep you in equipment, and management is a complete joke...find somewhere else!
Pros
Not a single thing
Cons
Too many to list
Loved the job
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLNovember 26, 2017
Did non-emergency transports of patients both local and long distance. Cleaned and stocked ambulance. Trained new EMTs.
Hardest part was sometimes extremely long hours, most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and being able to help people, it was very rewarding.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Very long hours
Worst place to work!
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALNovember 20, 2017
This company is a joke! They never have enough people to cover Trucks. They are the worst paying company that I've ever worked for! Don't even get me started on management! Lots of empty promises from management to employees.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Too many to list
Good place to work if you are really wanting to work
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 9, 2017
The office I work out of takes a ton of long transports. So expect 1 hour to 2 hours transports.Crews are for the most part hard working and professional. Their benefits are ok but health insurance is high.The pay is the highest in our area and our equipment is only so so
Pros
Tons of overtime and pay is solid
Cons
Insurance is high and they run you to death
Poor management and never have enough medics to fill positions
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 1, 2017
They will fire without warning over stupid reasons unless you are butt buddies with management.they will promise advancement opportunities and never follow through.
Pros
Slow system
Cons
Poor management and low pay
Lifeguard Ambulance Service
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 30, 2017
The owner of the company was a complete joy but, the management team was horrible. They feared knowledge and new ideas. Managers where more concerned with the time clock than production. No appreciation for great employees.
Pros
Owner is very appreciative of employees
great
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 23, 2017
working there was nice, it was like family. I got along with everyone, and all the work got done and you still had fun. It was hard leaving behind the friends I made.
All the Time learning something new at work
EMT (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKAugust 13, 2017
Coming in to work the Base station is most of the time clean and dose not take long to keep it that way. Co-Workers are great to work with as well as management show that they care about your well being. The Ambulance is checked every day Thoroughly for the best possible care for the patient.
Nice Place To Work
Insurance Verification Specialist/ Follow-Up Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 27, 2017
The work was not hard. Management did not understand the job that I performed. Management needed to know how to work better with their team and not try to keep their team from advancement.
Pros
Owner Of Company Was Really Nice
Cons
Management Need Managlement Skills
great place
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, ALApril 7, 2017
Good place to work and great people. They care about the community they are working for and treat them well. They have good equipment and good trucks. They also take pride in their uniforms as well.
Good company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2017
I worked for this company when they took over for the ambulance services I was previously employed with. They were gracious and easy to work for. The upper management is easy to speak with and takes into consideration all of your thoughts and opinions
i havent been there for a long time
Parmedic, EMT (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLFebruary 9, 2017
when I left lifeguard it wasn't anything to be proud of. they terminated a lot of good medics over ridiculous reasons and kept others who should've been terminated for valid reasons.
Good place to work.
Paramedic- FTO (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 27, 2017
Good pay, and good field medical experience. Critical care transports as well and regular contract transport. You will be able to hone your medical assessment skills well here.
Pros
Short in town transports.
Good pay but starter company.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 24, 2017
Good pay. Worn out equipment and trucks. Poor management. Obvious favoritism. Heavy workload due to high turnover. Dispatch will run you in ground and smile the whole time. Don't expect to get off on time. Only company I have seen where operation manager was not even licensed EMT, much less a medic. Don't expect her to get on a truck. If you can handle the BS, the pay is good for this area. Lots of overtime due to call outs. Staffing has gotten so bad, now they are hiring drivers and planning EMT classes.
Pros
Pay and insurance
Cons
See review.
Just another number to corporate
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2017
Pros- competitve pay scale, some opportunites for advancement, and excellent training oportunities. Operation manager and supervisor were always there to listen and provided the best directives that corporate would allow.

Cons- your just a number to corporate, so dont be surprised if they force you to go to a sister company and make you work a different schedule for less pay per hour even though you signed on with lifeguard. They get around the legalities of it due to annual pay being the same even though you work way more hours than the first position. Difficult to get the supplies you needed, and management always fussed because so many were used. Poor first line supervisors with little to no ems experience. Minimal staffing makes for heavy workload in some areas.
Pros
Training, pay, colleagues
Cons
Read review
Patient Account Representative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 15, 2016
The management team is fair and always try to accommodate the patients and employees. This is a great company to work for and grow.
Biggest liars
A-EMT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2016
Lifeguard ambulance is a company that has been bought and sold twice while I worked there. The HR department is non existent when you need assistance. Lifeguard has a no paid training policy so get ready to have plenty of online homework. Management will lie, sleep with, show favoritism, and threaten it's employees often and regularly. Currently lifeguard has the tri-star contract which they struggle to maintain due to high turn over and low pay. Don't plan to go home when scheduled and be ready to stay well after. One good thing is you can work as much as you want 72 hours straight rules don't apply to lifeguard. Pay is privileged to some even though the work requirements are the same and the loads much different. Remember insurance pays X per BLS/ALS run maintenance, truck crews, and dispatch get Y. Company owners get the other letters. Healthcare has changed for the worse.
Pros
As much work as you want
Cons
Read the review
Terrible to their employees
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa County, FLJune 13, 2016
Worked for Lifeguard full time as a Fleet Mechanic. I had some medical issues/disability and they refused to provide a reasonable accommodation for the job function I was temporarily unable to perform due to my disability. After I supplied medical documentation and recommendations from my doctor they fired me. They were not at all willing to temporarily accommodate me and that's against the the law according to the ADA!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They dont treat their employees fairly
More ambulance stories
EMT-IV (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 9, 2015
I liked working here as well. I always felt like I was better under pressure, and adapted to any situation pretty well. The hardest part of the job was the hard calls, the CPR that didn't save someone, or the accident involving a child, but there was always help if you needed it. At this job all of the coworkers felt like family (some you want to throw food at), but it was a great atmosphere.
Pros
all the fun we had
Cons
short lunch breaks if any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LIFEGUARD AMBULANCE SERVICE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9