Lifelong AIDS Alliance

Lifelong AIDS Alliance Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Excellent, necessary and compassionate service.
Volunteer - Home Chore Program (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2016
This was a volunteer, out of office position only. Extremely proud to have my name associated with this company. The employees and volunteers are hard working and very committed to their patients. They are very respectful of their patients and appreciative of the volunteers. You leave wishing you could do more. The staff is great!
Great group to work with
Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 5, 2015
The people who work here are very nice people who work hard. My coworkers work great together and make a good team. They help client get the help and resources that they need.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Lack of transparency of upper stagg
Fun Place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2014
LLAA was an extremely fun place to volunteer, however, I had to temporarily cease volunteering on a regular basis and just serve on an event basis because of my employment schedule conflicting with my ability to serve regularly.
Pros
staff and clients are very diverse & very friendly, lunchtime meals for employees & volunteers were very healthy & delicious, i can't rave enough about llaa's meals.
Cons
i volunteered so i cannot say one way or another about any "cons" to working at llaa
the LLAA Culture
Health Insurance Advocate & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2012
Life Long AIDS Alliance gave me my start in client services. I learned during my tenure tha tI have a passion for helping clients; helping them access available services and secure them in stable situations to access their health care. Life Long, gave me this opportunity by training me and trusting in me to develop my latent skills and talents.
Life Long attracts amazing talented and committed people from all back grounds. The client services team supports each other tremendously in service to the client. Life Long strives to unite its staff through various social events and team building exercises that are actually fun. I have many found memories of both work and social events.
Non-profit organization continuously making positive changes to improve their presence in the community and the services clients receive.
Insurance Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 1, 2014
Non-profit organization continuously making positive changes to improve the services clients receive.
Challenging job with interesting people
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2014
Clients were the most interesting I have ever worked with. Got to teach classes and do nutritional assessments. Fun employment opportunity. Received free lunch.
Casual work environment with passionate people
Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day in my job consisted of coordinating the food services of 900+ weekly clients. I learned a lot about customer service, HIV/AIDS and other chronic conditions and how good food and nutrition can improve a person's health. The agency has undergone a lot of changes in the past couple of years, particularly in upper-management. Middle management could use some more training on how to be more effective in working with front-line employees but the direction of the agency as a whole is well-supported and exciting. The hardest part of working at Lifelong was the lack of resources that many non-profits face, which resulted in a sub-par building with limited space to do quality work. Another frustration was the stringent contract requirements imposed by funders, which made continuity of care for clients difficult. The amazing people I worked with and the clients I served were the best part of the job.
Pros
free lunches, verizon wireless discount, health care/vision/dental insurance, union representation
The people are nice but the benefits are not up to par
Temp Help Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, waJuly 7, 2013
My manager was great as was the other person in the department. I furthered my experience in the IT department

Lifelong AIDS Alliance Reviews by Location