LifeLong Medical Care Employee Reviews

LifeLong Medical Care
Health An Information Tech/Front Office (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 14, 2017
I have learned so much about medical from this job. It has been amazing working for LifeLong Medical Care. My understanding of health is wide, I now how to apply for healt insurance amd my medical terminology is advanced.
great team
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 9, 2017
While I was getting trained on EHR the staff was very helpful which was a great help to me. The patients were also great. That place overall has a great healthcare system.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very good environment for learning
Medical Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 16, 2017
It's a great company to start your career in the health care field. There are opportunities for growth. One could be a MA, RN or a Physician. There are many locations to choose from. They are always hiring. The benefits are excellent.
Pros
One will learn a lot
Cons
Does not pay well
Productive and Fun workplace
Medical Assistant II/Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pinole, CAMarch 27, 2017
I am very fortunate to work in the office that I am currently at. We are a fairly new office open for a little over a year and are still building our patient panel. The manage here is great although she runs 3 sites and is only here 2 days a week, she always meets the needs of our clinic. I think the hardest part of my job is the resources in Contra Costa County are very limited and when I refer a patient out there is a very long waiting period to see most specialists.
Pros
Lunch is sometimes provided
Cons
Compensation
Productive and fun work enviorment with the Case Manager.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 27, 2017
I worked as an Office Assistant for the Case Manager of the building. Were I learned many skills such as filing, organization, customer service skills.
Only worked as an Extern
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMarch 10, 2017
I gained the EHR training I needed to further my career, during my time as an extern with Lifelong Medical. The flow is very fast paced that part of my job I did enjoy.
Good, diverse helpful health care organization for and by the community
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Eight plus hours of administrative clinic operations, via emails, organizations website, and onsite, running and overseeing, Staff development,supervision and conflict resolution. Consistent Patient customer service and satisfaction, problem solving as needed..Co-workers pretty great, caring, diverse, helpful, team players for the most part.

The hardest part, I would say always understanding certain policies and or implementing new changes, like fees, coverage flexibility, that doesn't always benefit the patient or employee.

I really enjoyed serving the community providing all possible help, assistance and support.

Upper management changed a couple of years ago, becoming a bit too corporate, and focus on high degrees as opposed to experience and knowledge to my taste
No room for growth
Patients Accounts Rep (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 29, 2016
I have been in the same position for the past 4 years without being given a clear understanding on how to advance or how to earn a raise. In the 4 years I haven been given one raise after being hired and watched 3 managers go and one person get promoted twice, with out the team even knowing that there was available lead or supervisor positions.
Pros
none to share
Cons
pay, promotions, recognition, flexibility of schedule
enjoyable part of the job
URGENT/IMMEDIATE CARE SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with the patients. My direct supervisor has allowed me to gain independence allowing me to work independently but having the support that is needed.
Fun ambulatory care setting
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CANovember 1, 2016
Very fast paced and fun medical office . I loved the staff and the patients. This is the field for me. The managers are very caring and supportive . The office is very busy and they really assure patient privacy thats what I really like .
Great place to start and learn not to retire.
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 14, 2016
I loved this place when I was hired. I came from a job where I was over worked and underpaid. Lifelong felt like a new chapter in my life and was a great new start. The pay at the time was great but after a few years with a freeze in bonuses and denial of raises it was not worth it. Especially moving different departments they will pay you less than new hires. Depending on your department there is great team work at times with co-workers. Management does not care about your concerns if they do not come from providers. Advancement is rarely seen and is only given to the inexperienced since there is a lot of favoritism. I have seen management not want to move people into higher paying departments because "you are really great at your job in the position you are in". People working in the same location for 10 + years will not leave as they are comfortable and work is easy for them. One thing about lifelong is that they are flexible when issues arise and you need to rearrange your schedule.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
lack of communication, poor management
Very Diverse
Triage Assistant/Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 29, 2016
There are so many cultures that work there. It was a great experience. Helping people is the main goal. We all worked well under pressure, and they offered a lot of employee perks.
Team Care
Medical Assistant/CCA (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 18, 2016
Working at Lifelong Medical Care every day was great. Seeing and working with my coworkers motivate me to be great, because of the care and support provided our patients. I've learned to ask questions and support when needed. I've managed how to work well under pressure by not get overwhelmed or hustled to just be finished for the day but completing a task with great efforts provided. My coworkers are amazing from leaders, providers, and all other supporting team. The hardest part of the job for me is not giving all I can to help a patient out and the turn around of many great workers to seek better jobs because of the cost of living. But the most enjoyable part of the job is fun and such a uplifting place where people are caring and patients are such characters. The wellness center program hosting groups and different classes for patients is amazing. Facilitating some of the groups really opens up myself to learn more.
Pros
Caring Team
good place to work for
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 21, 2016
Good place to work for , allows you to move up in the company.
great benefits and great people. gives you the opportunity to learn more about you peers Jobs as well as you own.
Pros
flexible hours good benefits
Cons
N/a
Excellent work environment
HIV Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Lifelong Medical Care is a wonderful organization that employs skilled and compassionate individuals to provide patient-centered healthcare to under-served populations in the Bay Area.
If you want to feel under-appreciated....and underpaid.... work here.
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 23, 2015
I previously heard good things about this company but when I started working here... I realized it was clear that they try to pay employees the least amount possible even when they clearly see you're more than qualified for the job. I was unimpressed. Talk about "looking down your nose", Upper management should be leading by example. Most of them are sadly very unprofessional, very full of themselves, not consistent with protocol. They tend to make up rules as they wish and see fitting, and then laugh at you when you don't know how things work and flow in the office.... Save yourself some time by not showing them how you go above and beyond. It's never appreciated and never noticed by managers. Don't get me started on their bathrooms.... yuck! Dirty ALL the time. If my house was close by I would drive home every day just to go.
Pros
Some of the people are friendly
Cons
Some of the people are rude, especially management, and executives.
Do more for less
Medication Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 17, 2014
It's OK place to work, but you have to take extra work all the time. You learn alot, however, management don't listen to you all the time. Co-workers are great and hardworking and the hardest part of the job is when you have pt who come in drunk. The most enjoyable part of he job is that at the end of the day you feel you have help someone feel better.
Cons
No parking
Learn fast!
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 8, 2014
Had to learn Merritt electronic medical billing in a couple of weeks. Was putting in 5 to 6 clinics worth of coding every day for all different types of practices. From homeless counselors to OB/GYN Dr. visits and Rehab clinics.

After learning Merritt, had to start learning NextGen. At first very complicated because of the implementation and the modules that were purchased didnt allow reports needed. Had to build them manually.

Worked at corporate for most of time, then was moved to care for the billing of a large senior clinic in a very tough neighborhood where 3 people died in front of office due to homicides in area. Scary
Nursing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  BerkeleyJune 21, 2014
Horrible place to work. Micro managed, management allows bullying, overworked to the point of impossibility to do job adequately. No changes in management, even though there has been years of complaints. Also, doctors shove off onto the nurse patients they do not want to see, or deal with their issues. Psychiatric problems are not adequately addressed nor resourced properly. The nurse manager is incompetent. Save yourself the grief.
Pros
Cons
management
Great for the community
Claims Specialist / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 24, 2014
This employer is great for the community. It allows one to open their eyes to see how they are truly blessed. There are so many events to volunteer and stay in touch with the community.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
No room for advancment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeLong Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8