LIFENET HEALTH Employee Reviews

Excellent company that cares about its staff
Tissue Recovery Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 14, 2017
Paid to be on call. When a case goes through you travel to the hospital of the donor and recover tissues. You get to make your own schedule. Everyone is a team player.
Pros
Excellent pay, flexible schedule, meal compensation when you have a case.
Cons
Hard to make plans when you are on call.
Do Not Recommend
Tissue Recovery (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 1, 2017
If you really like walking in everyday not knowing whether you still have a job, then this is the place for you. Not only is management underhanded and sneaky, they pretend to be friends with you, only to dig up dirt on you.
Pros
The people are the only thing that will get you through the day
Cons
Everything, management doesn't care about you or your opinion.
Great work place
Tissue Recovery Specilist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 29, 2017
I absolutely enjoy working here. Everybody is friendly and willing to help you at all time. The benefits are nice and the fact that the company rewards their employees on a regular basis is a plus! Its nice to know that your doing a good job and that it is being recoginized.
Doesn't have any concern for employees
Medical Records Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 7, 2017
Organ Donation is a WONDERFUL gift but this organization does not appreciate their employees nor their dedication to the mission. Management does not trust their employees and in return the culture, environment and overall attitude in the organization suffers greatly. Would highly recommend other OPO's over this one.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, disrespect, no work/life balance
Wonderful work activitys
Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 13, 2017
Hi stress, over worked, pay is excellent!
Management needs a control alt delete. HR may or may not be trusted.
The company in a whole has a mission of hope, and that's what is given. Corporate is top notch, with a few concerns internally. If you can look past all the dysfunction you will find some function, and within the function there is some fun.
Pros
The gift of life, bringing hope and comfort to familys loss and gifts.
Cons
NO work life ballance at all. Its just not what it used to be.
Diversified background and group of mostly intelligent people. +perks
Donation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 15, 2017
This is a great company with a steadfast mission overall. However, in the Donor Center, management is stale and or inexperienced. Have a group of very diversified, gifted and educated employees to gain knowledge from and improve the department. There are so many assets to learn from and make great strides in work performance and general moral if they would only listen and implement. The work/life balance can be detrimental if not careful as the hours/ schedule is not consistent. There are many alternate measures that could be simply adjusted to make much needed improvements in the schedule, so that staff would be happier, healthier and the turnover rate reduced. I learned something new everyday which was advantageous. The benefits and perks were very nicely packaged however, did not match the cons overall.
benefits
Cons
inconsistent and unhealthy schedule
Mission focused
Sr Admin Assist Institute of Regen Med (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 26, 2017
A non-profit organ procurement organization providing donation systems for heart, liver, kidney, pancreas, lung, and other organs for transplant. For over 30 years, LifeNet Health has been the world's most trusted provider of transplant solutions, from organ procurement to new innovations in bio-implant technologies and cellular therapies—a leader in the field of regenerative medicine, while always honoring the donors and healthcare professionals that allow the healing process.
Absolute Worst Tissue Program in the Industry
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 9, 2017
Tissue program and the upper leadership within that department are the absolute worst in the industry. The fundamental core structure and values of the tissue program is all over the board. Constantly changing. No consistency in policy and practice among the regional offices.
Fundamental tools like donor management software is archaic at best.
Some of the worst regional recovery staff in the industry. Traning program is like having the blind lead the blind. Recovery stats are some of the worst in the nation.

There is little to no corporate or leadership support to the regional offices.
Processing department can't even provide the Tissue Recovery Dept/Staff with recovery metrics/feedback despite it being internal department.

HR department has been in shambles for years and has only gotten worse. Little to no HR support for staff/disciplinary issues. Blame management for all staff issues instead of properly investigating.
Hiring process is like watching paint dry. 4+ month interview process for a simple middle management amd entry level technician positions

Upper leadership blames middle management for their lack of abilities to lead.

Do you research first. There are many other organizations in this industry which are far superior. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to go to work for LifeNet Health.
Pros
Good Mission - but not unique to LifeNet Health
Cons
Management is poor, structure of tissue program is shaky at best, extremely poor regional support, HR Dept is absolutely terrible.
Very uptight Environment with little respect for you
Staff (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 10, 2016
The management is in chaos as this young organization, in a young industry, struggles with growing pains. Much of it self-inflicted as they do not foster talent or utilize the vast untapped experience of their staff. I gave it my best shot.
Mission Driven Culture
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 25, 2016
LifeNet Health has always been a mission driven company and it shows in employment retention. The company always strives for new and inventive ways to utilize the precious gift that has been given to our company and respect the families that have given so much.
Pros
Great Leadership
Cons
Limited upperward mobility
Great cause
Processing support tech, processing tech (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 7, 2016
Lifenet health works for a great cause and has great insurance but it under pays and overworkes employees. Management is a joke and if they want a certain employee gone, consider it done. With me being 20 and a female I was under appreciated and my voice wasn't heard. I loved what I was doing for the community and patients but the company is money hungry and sexist.
Pros
Paid lunch and vacation, benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, sexist, the pay
The night shift at LifeNet is a hard one.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 7, 2016
Basically LifeNet Health is a great place to work. That also depends on the department and the management of that department. I worked as a Sterile Processing Technician and loved what i did, just hated the hours and the way things were ran. The hardest part of the job was the hours I worked. Eleven to seven is not the shift for me . Its a great company but i would've like to express my workmanship elsewhere in the company.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Third shift
Challenging and exciting position
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  1863 Concert Drive, Virginia Beach, VAAugust 4, 2016
A typical day:
I was in charge of a product called, ViviGen. It's a bone void filler and was introduced to the California market in 2015. On a typical day, I facilitated its growth through order input, tissue tracking, cost analysis, bi-weekly and monthly audits, and bi-weekly conference calls with Sales Reps in the California area. I learned a great deal about how human tissue is obtained and how ViviGen, itself, is produced.

Management:
I had little to no supervision and the last 4 months were completely unsupervised as my manager had been terminated. Any questions or assistance needed was done via email to superiors handling the ViviGen project. I work equally well supervised or independently, so this did not present too much of an issue to me, as I knew who I could contact for answers.

My co-workers:
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Four of us sat in cubicles away from the majority of the Client Services Reps. We got along nicely and were very close knit. We were quick to help each other and really formed a bond.

The Hardest Part of the Job:
The urgency of it. I was also in charge of the FedEx / UPS Exceptions for other tissue that LifeNet provides. So, whenever a saphenous vein or aortic valve was delayed, it was my job to find it and get it expedited to the appropriate hospital. This could be very stressful at times because of its nature.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
The sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in knowing that what I did on my part was helping to assist in the betterment of someone else's life.
Pros
Large employee kitchen, free coffee, crackers, peanut butter, regular pot luck lunches, lunches provided for training sessions and meetings, nice building
Cons
Although they are no longer there, the management, (at the time), was poor.
Great company with good mission
Receiving and Finished Goods Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 16, 2016
LifeNet Health is a great place to work. The mission there is awesome. Every day you are helping to save or make someone's life better. Every piece of processed and unprocessed tissue has a purpose and will be used to help better someone's prognosess.
Pros
great benefits
Inventory Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2016
Good place to work. High turn over. Depending on department hard to advance career. HR department is very slow.

Overall my experience working with Lifenet Health has been a positive experience
Exciting Mission-- Not Best HR Culture
Will Not Disclose (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 26, 2016
Exciting growing organization, still having HR growing pains. Everyone is very warm and friendly and engaging, but some policies and practices are a bit outdated or unevenly followed.
Great company working towards a great cause
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2016
Everyone works very hard to save lives. Departments are very silo-ed making coordination difficult at times and creates more work for employees.
life changing experience
Organ procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 30, 2015
I loved working at Life Net . I love what they stand for . I was paid very well . The down side of my job was the hours . I was on call every single day for 5 years . I missed many important life events because of my work hours . The team I worked with felt like my family . I really enjoyed working here .
Good company to work for.
Organ Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 5, 2015
The hardest part was being on call 24/7, and the possibility of working 36-40 hours straight. The job was very rewarding knowing that the work I provided gave a person a second chance at life
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
on cal schedule
Positive environment with project oriented work schedule for medical device development
Research & Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2015
Goal-oriented environment that has many projects being executed at once with multiple teams working at once.

Management does not like to advance careers of engineers below them.
Pros
health care/benefits
Cons
management doesn't take care of workers