LIFENET HEALTH Employee Reviews

The night shift at LifeNet is a hard one.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 7, 2016
Basically LifeNet Health is a great place to work. That also depends on the department and the management of that department. I worked as a Sterile Processing Technician and loved what i did, just hated the hours and the way things were ran. The hardest part of the job was the hours I worked. Eleven to seven is not the shift for me . Its a great company but i would've like to express my workmanship elsewhere in the company.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Third shift
Challenging and exciting position
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  1863 Concert Drive, Virginia Beach, VAAugust 4, 2016
A typical day:
I was in charge of a product called, ViviGen. It's a bone void filler and was introduced to the California market in 2015. On a typical day, I facilitated its growth through order input, tissue tracking, cost analysis, bi-weekly and monthly audits, and bi-weekly conference calls with Sales Reps in the California area. I learned a great deal about how human tissue is obtained and how ViviGen, itself, is produced.

Management:
I had little to no supervision and the last 4 months were completely unsupervised as my manager had been terminated. Any questions or assistance needed was done via email to superiors handling the ViviGen project. I work equally well supervised or independently, so this did not present too much of an issue to me, as I knew who I could contact for answers.

My co-workers:
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Four of us sat in cubicles away from the majority of the Client Services Reps. We got along nicely and were very close knit. We were quick to help each other and really formed a bond.

The Hardest Part of the Job:
The urgency of it. I was also in charge of the FedEx / UPS Exceptions for other tissue that LifeNet provides. So, whenever a saphenous vein or aortic valve was delayed, it was my job to find it and get it expedited to the appropriate hospital. This could be very stressful at times because of its nature.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
The sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in knowing that what I did on my part was helping to assist in the betterment of someone else's life.
Pros
Large employee kitchen, free coffee, crackers, peanut butter, regular pot luck lunches, lunches provided for training sessions and meetings, nice building
Cons
Although they are no longer there, the management, (at the time), was poor.
Great company with good mission
Receiving and Finished Goods Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 16, 2016
LifeNet Health is a great place to work. The mission there is awesome. Every day you are helping to save or make someone's life better. Every piece of processed and unprocessed tissue has a purpose and will be used to help better someone's prognosess.
Pros
great benefits
Inventory Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2016
Good place to work. High turn over. Depending on department hard to advance career. HR department is very slow.

Overall my experience working with Lifenet Health has been a positive experience
Exciting Mission-- Not Best HR Culture
Will Not Disclose (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 26, 2016
Exciting growing organization, still having HR growing pains. Everyone is very warm and friendly and engaging, but some policies and practices are a bit outdated or unevenly followed.
Great company working towards a great cause
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2016
Everyone works very hard to save lives. Departments are very silo-ed making coordination difficult at times and creates more work for employees.
life changing experience
Organ procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 30, 2015
I loved working at Life Net . I love what they stand for . I was paid very well . The down side of my job was the hours . I was on call every single day for 5 years . I missed many important life events because of my work hours . The team I worked with felt like my family . I really enjoyed working here .
Good company to work for.
Organ Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 5, 2015
The hardest part was being on call 24/7, and the possibility of working 36-40 hours straight. The job was very rewarding knowing that the work I provided gave a person a second chance at life
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
on cal schedule
Positive environment with project oriented work schedule for medical device development
Research & Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2015
Goal-oriented environment that has many projects being executed at once with multiple teams working at once.

Management does not like to advance careers of engineers below them.
Pros
health care/benefits
Cons
management doesn't take care of workers
Fast-paced manufacturing environment
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 14, 2015
Your job is the mission: Saving Lives, Restoring Health, Giving Hope

Everyday at LifeNet Health you have the opportunity to change someone's life for the better.
Great Place to Work
Donation Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 12, 2015
It's a great place to work, amazing benefits and perfect place to hang your hat for a while. Very flexible with school and family life.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Company Mission
Cons
Mandatory Meetings, Essential Personnel
supervisor /team lead
Supervisor / Team lead (Former Employee) –  virginia beach, vaMarch 11, 2015
Working for this company gave you a feeling of giving back to the community. Working with all medical facilities in the United States and abroad is very rewarding.
Fantastic place to work!
Equipment Repair Tech (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 11, 2014
Service and maintain equipment.
Learned many aspect of tissue donation.
Management and staff are more than anyone can ask.
Excellent organization
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 27, 2014
Work in the corporate offices of a non profit company, with amazing coworkers. Each day is a pleasant routine, there is a lot of respect for eachother.
Love the company mission
Donor Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VirginiaOctober 1, 2014
I feel very lucky to work with a dedicated and selfless group of individuals.
Pros
excellent corporate mission, great benefits
Cons
work-life balance
Great benefits, awesome mission, horrible management
Transplant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 17, 2014
Loved the work and the mission of the organization. However, there are a lot of cliques and you have to be a "good 'ole boy" to get anywhere in the company. They don't promote you based on experience, skill or capabilities. It's all in who you know and who you suck up to. The ELT (executive leadership team) is a complete mess and not unified. This organization has a horrible reputation in the Hampton Roads community for making bad employment decisions. The tissue banking side is all about money and very little emphasis on the donor gift.
benefits
Cons
treatment of employees and partnering hospitals, ethics in tissue processing/production
Great benefits package.
Donation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 2, 2014
Benefits are very good. Overall nice place to work....however, there is really no room for growth.
good team work
Receiving and Finishing Goods Technican (Current Employee) –  VAJuly 1, 2014
The normal day at work is making sure we get the graft to the right location so we can save someone life, what i had learned so far is the different codes in the database, management it fair and co-workers good team work with each other. My hardest part of my job is remember different techinque in the department because the procedure change every 90 days.And what i like is i meet alot of friendly and lovely people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay rates
Very Stressful
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 29, 2013
When I first started working for this company it was good in the department I was working in. Then I went to another department because of more money and it is very stressful and management is very difficult. People are under a lot of stress to get the job done right or else get fired! It's not place I can see myself at any longer.
Pros
my co- workers, they are good people who need their jobs.
Cons
management and the stress of the job
Productive a life fullfilling job
Master Muscular Skeletal Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 5, 2013
I enjoyed working to know I am helping people. It was something I was proud and took much pride in.
Pros
helping people
Cons
no advancement

4.2