LifePath Hospice

LifePath Hospice Employer Reviews

Stressful workplace
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 13, 2014
The hardest part of the job is that it is hard to get the work done that is required of you within the 8 hour shift. Very stressful.
Great Company
LPN (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Great company to work for. Everyone is caring and compassionate about the patients. Management is kind and caring
Pleasant and calm work environment.
DIETARY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Ruskin floridaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: top leadership .
Cons: can be less secretive
Decent ,a great place to work Very professional workers, astute management team.
When LifePath bought out Good Shepherd and management changed, everything changed.
Team secretary for home patients, census of 144 (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great benefots
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed working with the team. Management did not like me.
Well ran company with kind and passionate employees who love what they do.
Patient/Family Volunteer (Current Employee), Temple Terrace, FLAugust 4, 2013
I started volunteering with Hospice at the beginning of the summer and I enjoy it very much. All the employees that I've meet or have worked with love what they do and are really nice. Patients and family members that I've had the pleasure of getting to know also feel the same about Hospice and feel that it is a great support system.

When I make home – more... visits to patients, I provide companionship to the patient and respite to the caregiver. Some of my patients enjoy talking, while others enjoy playing cards. Other patients are limited in their communication and may sleep during my visit. In these situations caregivers are able to leave to run errands or even go for a walk to take some time for themselves which they normally can't.

A typical day for me when volunteering in the office is to hand in my visitation notes of the week to my volunteer coordinator, followed by making phone calls to patients to check if they have all the medication and/or the supplies they might need for the weekend. After finishing with the phone calls, I turn in the patients requested needs to the secretary, who then makes sure the needs are met. When the needs are taken care of I finish my day in the office with filing and organizing nurses' notes of their patients for the week.

The hardest part about volunteering with Hospice is when a patient passes away. Even knowing that the relationships you build with these patients are limited, it is very rewarding to know that being apart of Hospice allows me to bring comfort and happiness in the final days a people's lives. I have always known that I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field and volunteering for Hospice has ensured my passion. – less
Social Service Specialist
Social Services Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: a lot of miles on car
Good experience learned about resources for home services.
I feel supported by my superiors.
LPN Hospice (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2013
Providing palliative care to terminally ill patients. While it would be difficult to describe my job as enjoyable I do find that I feel fulfilled at the end of each shift having brought comfort to my patient and their family. I feel supported by my supervisors and co-workers. I have a better understanding of palliative care having worked in this environment.
A good company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 14, 2013
Lifepath Hospice is a good place to work. I love the team i was on (Teal) we all work togather as a team player.
Appreciative of medical model, not social work friendly
Social Services Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: the social workers who stay with the company are passionate and dedicated
Cons: does not support licensure, does not pay more for licensure, hours are hard and fast, not family friendly
Great majority of employees subscribe to "patients and families come first" value. Schedule is determined by needs of patients as well as compliance requirements. Social work department is headed by a LMHC and this person has little to no power within the company. Social work is typically not involved in decisions about changes in social work positions – more... and processes. Administration may not appreciate social workers but team nurses do. The hardest part of the job is meeting productivity. There are many tasks that fall in the lap of social workers that take a lot of time but do not count toward productivity. The time I actually spend with patients and families is great – less
It is a team oriented atmosphered.
Pool Medical Secretary Preceptor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: it is possible to have work hours cut short is there is a major drop in patient census.
> My day at LifePath Hospice is making sure all LPH employees, LPH hospice house, and hospital affiliated with hospice are aware of how many patients need treatment and they current locations. Also to act as a liason for any emergencies or daily pertinent issues.
> I learned how to get the details first before attempting to assist someone.
> Management – more... teams are great at hospice as the meet with each other bi-weekly.
> The coworkers that I worked with have been at LPH for many years. We all have a closeness there.
>Meeting the stat demands of the Vice President at times.
> Helping to bring joy and efficiente the end of life care for the patients. Also, it is pleasurable helping to make the staff feel at ease while at work in a sometimes intense atmosphere. – less
General info.
Clinical Team Leader / Primary Care Nurse (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2012
On a typical day it was great working with the office staff and clinial team. Enjoyable working environment