LifePath Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful, dedicated people
Pool Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2015
I feel lucky to have been hired at LifePath. The people here really pull together in the face of last-minute schedule changes, personnel changes and/or shortages, etc. I have learned (and continue to learn) quite a bit about keeping medical records up-to-date and getting answers for anxious clients who are inevitably going through a difficult period in their lives. It is probably the most rewarding job I have ever had.
They make you feel like you always need to always have one foot out the door
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2016
Very stressful place to work. The company demands visit quotas and will constantly warn you about working in a timely manor. Very cost driven company that puts all the pressure on the backs of the people who actually see the patients. Management is always bringing warnings down to the workers in the form of nasty e-mails or written policy changes. The coworkers are just as stressed and are backbiting and charging blame to other coworkers to management. No one ever seems to have enough time and their demands continue to increase.The hardest part of the job is meeting the demands of upper management. They don't seem to take into account problems that arise with some patients.They don't care about traffic issues.Some of the doctors are mean and rude. They don't say it but they do expect you to work off the clock to get things done. Probably why nurses are salary and not hourly. Aside from the negative work environment. These people need us, and when you get through the day if some one was helped then you feel like you did something right for humanity.
Pros
The PTO benefit
Cons
Degrading management
A typical day at Lifepath Hospice
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2015
Awesome place to work not your typical job, it is truly a calling not your everyday job. This is a job where there is constant change and you must be able to multi task to keep up with the fast flow. There are daily challenges when speaking with patients and families. It is very common the get the first phone call from someone that has just been told either they or their loved ones have a very poor prognosis. The hardest part of being a patient access associate is when you get a referral that is a baby or a young child, one can only imagine how crushed the parents must feel. The team I work with is a very close knit team and we work as one unit. We are there for each other and help each other through the difficult phone calls. When I leave the office in the evening as long as I know I have touched at least one patient or families heart and have made the difference in their day that is what matters to me.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Knowing there are so many terminal folks in the community
Patient focused
Patient Access Associate, LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2015
The mission of LifePath Hospice is met by most employees. Compassionate care is extended to clients and families. Management is understanding and compassionate as well.
A concerned staff of clinical/clerical personnel that provide excellent service/care
RN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 14, 2015
Staff of clinical and clerical staff that are very concerned about the welfare of the patients they care for. I learned the time and dedication required to care for patients whose life expectancy is limited and to also care for the family members closest to that patient. I learned how to best care for these patients from nurses who had been in this field for several years. The hardest part of the job is to maintain a professional attitude despite seeing the pain a family member is experiencing. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing/interacting with the patient's. They touched my life and I will never forget them.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
death of a patient
I feel supported by my superiors.
LPN Hospice (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2013
Providing palliative care to terminally ill patients. While it would be difficult to describe my job as enjoyable I do find that I feel fulfilled at the end of each shift having brought comfort to my patient and their family. I feel supported by my supervisors and co-workers. I have a better understanding of palliative care having worked in this environment.
Best Workplace environment
LPN/GN Inpatient Care (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLAugust 27, 2014
This was a mentally stressful position but such a rewarding one. My worst day was I started with 8 patients at the beginning of my shift and I ended with 2. The best day was when a family member who was a man of few words came to me and told me that his mothers last days were blessed because I was there.
Educational, uplifting work
LPN/ Continuous Care (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pleasant, and informative work place. you are your own boss most of the time. Bringing a fresh outlook to families in need.
Hardest part of the job is realism. The open fact that your patients are actually terminal.
Pros
you are your own boss most of the time
Cons
under new management
It is a team oriented atmosphered.
Pool Medical Secretary Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2012
> My day at LifePath Hospice is making sure all LPH employees, LPH hospice house, and hospital affiliated with hospice are aware of how many patients need treatment and they current locations. Also to act as a liason for any emergencies or daily pertinent issues.
> I learned how to get the details first before attempting to assist someone.
> Management teams are great at hospice as the meet with each other bi-weekly.
> The coworkers that I worked with have been at LPH for many years. We all have a closeness there.
>Meeting the stat demands of the Vice President at times.
> Helping to bring joy and efficiente the end of life care for the patients. Also, it is pleasurable helping to make the staff feel at ease while at work in a sometimes intense atmosphere.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
it is possible to have work hours cut short is there is a major drop in patient census.
Appreciative of medical model, not social work friendly
Social Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2013
Great majority of employees subscribe to "patients and families come first" value. Schedule is determined by needs of patients as well as compliance requirements. Social work department is headed by a LMHC and this person has little to no power within the company. Social work is typically not involved in decisions about changes in social work positions and processes. Administration may not appreciate social workers but team nurses do. The hardest part of the job is meeting productivity. There are many tasks that fall in the lap of social workers that take a lot of time but do not count toward productivity. The time I actually spend with patients and families is great
Pros
the social workers who stay with the company are passionate and dedicated
Cons
does not support licensure, does not pay more for licensure, hours are hard and fast, not family friendly
Its alright
Staffing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2014
They could do better on employee appreciation. It is a good company from the outside looking in. But the employees are great, they are friendly. Unfortunately it is time for a change.
When LifePath bought out Good Shepherd and management changed, everything changed.
Team secretary for home patients, census of 144 (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 24, 2014
I enjoyed working with the team. Management did not like me.
Pros
great benefots
Cons
poor management
Stressful workplace
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 13, 2014
The hardest part of the job is that it is hard to get the work done that is required of you within the 8 hour shift. Very stressful.
Supporting Patient's and Families
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2014
An honor to serve patient's and families at a most vulnerable time in their lives.
Pleasant and calm work environment.
DIETARY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Ruskin floridaFebruary 4, 2014
Decent ,a great place to work Very professional workers, astute management team.
Pros
top leadership .
Cons
can be less secretive
General info.
Clinical Team Leader / Primary Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2012
On a typical day it was great working with the office staff and clinial team. Enjoyable working environment
A good company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2013
Lifepath Hospice is a good place to work. I love the team i was on (Teal) we all work togather as a team player.
Great Company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2014
Great company to work for. Everyone is caring and compassionate about the patients. Management is kind and caring
Pros
12 hour shifts
Social Service Specialist
Social Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2013
Good experience learned about resources for home services.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
a lot of miles on car
Well ran company with kind and passionate employees who love what they do.
Patient/Family Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLAugust 4, 2013
I started volunteering with Hospice at the beginning of the summer and I enjoy it very much. All the employees that I've meet or have worked with love what they do and are really nice. Patients and family members that I've had the pleasure of getting to know also feel the same about Hospice and feel that it is a great support system.

When I make home visits to patients, I provide companionship to the patient and respite to the caregiver. Some of my patients enjoy talking, while others enjoy playing cards. Other patients are limited in their communication and may sleep during my visit. In these situations caregivers are able to leave to run errands or even go for a walk to take some time for themselves which they normally can't.

A typical day for me when volunteering in the office is to hand in my visitation notes of the week to my volunteer coordinator, followed by making phone calls to patients to check if they have all the medication and/or the supplies they might need for the weekend. After finishing with the phone calls, I turn in the patients requested needs to the secretary, who then makes sure the needs are met. When the needs are taken care of I finish my day in the office with filing and organizing nurses' notes of their patients for the week.

The hardest part about volunteering with Hospice is when a patient passes away. Even knowing that the relationships you build with these patients are limited, it is very rewarding to know that being apart of Hospice allows me to bring comfort and happiness in the final days a people's lives. I have always known that I wanted
  more... to pursue a career in the medical field and volunteering for Hospice has ensured my passion.  less