LifePoint Hospitals Employee Reviews in United States

Most reviews are by management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 25, 2016
The many positive reviews are by management personnel. We have lost dozens of quality nurses and ancillary staff since Lifepoint took over. In addition, with the environmental crew they brought in, the facility is filthy. Understaffed units is the norm now, and patient care is at an all time low. Most of the staff is looking for other positions. They are for profit, for sure, and it is not the employees who are profiting.
Pros
Cons
all of the above
Great company for enhancing skills. They stand by, and demonstate their mission to Making Communities Healthier.
Regional Director of Care Management (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TN 37027April 16, 2016
Typical Mondays are spent driving and flying to whatever hospital I go to. Tuesday's, Wednesday's, and maybe part of Thursday's are working in the hospital next to the Director of Care Management looking at processes, goals, and action plans for improving their hospitals readmissions, claim denials, discharge planning, social service, and documentation to be sure Medicare and commercial insurance needs are met. Then travel home on Thursday, and work from home on Friday.

I now have an increased knowledge related to Provider and Case Management documentation needs for Medicare. I have learned how to develop a UM Plan and Discharge Planning Policy.

Me and my co-workers get together quarterly to touch base on our own practices to be sure we are all following the same expectations for our own hospitals.

The hardest part of the job is going to the corporate office and sitting in a conference room developing policies and procedures for 3 or 4 days straight.

The best part of the job is working with the Directors in hospitals and helping them improve all of the above and then seeing those results in the monthly reports from Finance and Quality leaders.
Pros
The side-by-side education at the hospitals and knowing it's appreciated.
Cons
Long nights in a hotel room working on reports to be sure they don't cut into weekend time at home.
Loved my position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2016
I loved working at HCA and given an opportunity to return I would definitely go back when I left the company it was to increase my rate of pay.
Great group of mentors and opportunities for growth
System Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Lander, WYJanuary 15, 2016
Every day is an exciting opportunity to improve our patients' care experience - implementing patient counseling as well as improving the medication management processes behind-the-scenes.
Great progressive Company
Corporate Business Office Director (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 7, 2016
This company is a very progressive, fair healthcare organizations whose strength is investing in their people. The company has tremendous growth over the past 5 years and dedicates their mission to improving healthcare in small community hospitals.
Poor working environment, poor management.
CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 25, 2015
Lifepoint hospitals struggle to simply meet needs both of patients' and staff. The are truly inept at providing good care which makes it next to impossible to do good work for them.
Pros
its a job
Cons
poor everything
a very busy place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown KYMarch 31, 2014
I like the challange of drawning people blood. Not everyone has awesome viens. Meeting new people for all over the United Sated was very rewarding
Pros
a great work crew
Cons
short to no breaks
Productive environment with supportive staff
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 24, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at this position. I value my team and co-workers. I learned to include my team instead of trying to accomplish every goal single handed. The hardest part of the job is not getting the support from senior staff or corporate office.
Pros
supportive team
Cons
little time for family
Innovation training for me. I loved the challenge of the job.
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAFebruary 19, 2014
I loved the way the job changed with the innovation that I put into place. I was able to make this department function as a team.
Pros
co-workers, director
Cons
short breaks
Professional and Productive workplace
HMS Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Brentwood,TNOctober 1, 2013
A very professional and enjoyable workplace surrounded by intelligent people to learn and grow from.
Productive and friendly
Medical Billing Specialist/Collection (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNAugust 5, 2013
Working with patient account and billing.
Co-workers are great to work with.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied patients.
The medical field and insurance can be very interesting to work with.
Pros
insurance billing and accounting
Cons
disgruntled patients
Productive place of employment
Corporate Coding Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 24, 2013
Great job in a busy for profit healthcare company. I enjoy being able to help improve processes and aid in the efficiency of the directors in the field. I take pride in my work and get satisfaction in knowing that I was able to make a positive impact on someone or that I was repsonsible for making their life easier.
Pros
improving processes for directors in the field
Cons
lack of standardization
Irresponsible management practices
Director (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 7, 2013
The management practices of LifePoint are not conducive to long-term sustainability. Exhorbitant Executive Officers' compensation and shareholder return are delivered at the expense of sufficient number of hospital personnel, adequate equipment, training, and adequate compensation for hospital employees.
Excellent leadership. Wonderful emphasis on professional development
Senior Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2012
By far the best leadership team I've ever had the pleasure of working with. A very strategic, forward thinking company that values its employees.
Good Company
Contingency Workforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 10, 2012
Wonderful company with hard working individuals looking to ensure quality healthcare for our nation's communities.
Pros
work life balance
benefits