LifeScan Employee Reviews

World Leader in its prime
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Back in 2000 Lifescan was a world leader in its industry of diabetic meters. Major lay-offs due to various share loss and law suits led to an incline as an employer and for consumers.
El ambiente de trabajo es muy bueno.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJanuary 22, 2017
El ambiente de trabajo es muy bueno. La gerencia es muy competente. La responsabilidad con los pacientes es la prioridad.
Good company
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work.
The only downside is that the heavily rely on contract workers who can only work for two years before having to leave unless hired.
Intense work environment
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 2, 2016
Responded to inquiries on diabetic meters. Nature of most calls was intense due to callers calling regarding medical assistance. Learned the importance of taking care of one's health due to diabetes.
The hardest part of this job was talking to customers who were dealing with diabetes for themselves, children or their elderly family members.
Pros
great co workers
Global packaging and labeling specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 19, 2016
It's a great place to interact with many different individuals on a daily basis. Team work is a big part of my job. It's a very fast paced environment where you are learning something new everyday. There are multiple systems you work with daily. There is also a lot of interaction with individuals globally.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite
Cons
parking
recognizes hard work of employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 4, 2016
values employees as much as customers
nice workplace
nice co-workers
dealing with customers can be challenging but fulfilling
loved this job
SENIOR DIABETES SOLUTIONS TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 4, 2015
Great products
Interact with total office
reps install computer software in offices and trouble shoot
company provides a lot of helpful education to patients
Great Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 20, 2015
Great company that put patient needs first. The structure, quality and company credo made it a leader in the business.Management was approachable and provide clear, open communications. Benefits and perks of the job made the employee want to work hard for the company.
assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Moutainview californiaJune 12, 2015
test units , rework and replaced news components . know how to rework , and wiring circuitry , inspect units before going out to production test
A company with passion
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and their passion for the customer
Grew personally & professionally
Senior Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Milpitas,CA 95035February 3, 2014
The Credo lives on in those left behind. The end user remains the focus of all we do "Creating a life without any limits for people with Diabetes"
Pros
Friendly, family place to grow personally & professionally
Cons
Outdated applications creating a work harder not smarter atmosphere
Career development and opportunity.
Manager, Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 10, 2014
LifeScan provided a great work environment for its employees and focused on people development. The output allowed for the employees to then create a world without limits for people with diabetes.
Sr. Admin. Assistant
Sr. Executive Admin. (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 25, 2013
Managed telephone, calendar and travel.
Tracked and managed department budget.
Processed expense reports, non-disclosure agreement contracts, purchase orders.
Coordinated College New Hires interviews with VPs and Management.
Scheduled social and team building events for the department and International franchise organization.
Planned, executed and attended trade shows for an Organization of 150 employees (domestic and international).
Pros
culture/values, Management, travel
Cons
Job Security
I thrive in a very busy climate
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson & Johnson, COOctober 20, 2013
Although I was part time, it was a very busy climate and which I like. I was able to juggle many things while making as many calls to accounts as I could. I conducted conference calls and handling last minute requests from management and accounts. I also really enjoyed doing power point presentations and conducting live meetings with chain pharmacy managers and district managers.
Pros
Great people to work with and a very rewarding job
Cons
Lots of reports
Great Company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CaOctober 11, 2013
I an not say anything other than great about this company. I have grown personally and professionally over last 13 years. It is great place to work for and the culture is diverse and respectful. best coworkers as far as support, training and help. The most rewarding part of my job was getting great product to customer's hand.
Pros
great product and people
Cons
ups and downs
Customer Logistics Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 7, 2013
 Order management of medical products for wholesalers and distributors while adhering to strict company policies that are within FDA and SOX compliance.
 Communicate with customers, logistics, finance, sales, marketing, and transportation teams that include reporting, analysis, trouble-shooting for a multi-billion dollar operation.
 Produce detailed reports with analysis of daily, weekly, and monthly sales numbers for the company, account managers, and customers.
 Build relationships with buyers and sales for wholesalers and distributors.
 Daily use of EDI, JDE, Inovis, and Excel.
Family oriented company
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 6, 2013
• Call center Assisting consumer end-users of glucose meters
• Instructed patients on warranty issues for medical device application
Peer group representative for department leadership team
Family oriented environment. A company with dignty and respect.
Process Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 8, 2013
A typical day is to go to my work station, do daily audits to make sure everything was with in specifications, set-up, maintained and calibrated machines for quality control and start job as per SOP. Then made pass down for the next shift. I learned how to produced quality diabetic strips, excellence in GMP, safety and documentations. Communicated effectively with all levels. Management was awesome, they all treat people with dignity and respect. Easy to contact. Most of my co- workers were smart, willing to share knowledge, cooperative, and friendly. The hardest and challenging part of the job is the schedule because you get pulled out depending on the needs and priorities. Fortunately, everybody is
flexible. The most enjoyable and fulfilling part was that I was able to expressed my knowledge and opinions and everybody listens. I felt comfortable working with everybody.
Quality Control
Batch Record Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMay 22, 2013
My work consist of reviewing controls documents and released after they meet procedure requirements. During my time I execute my job I learn to use systems like JDE system, ETQ system, Cognos System and Maximo system. The hardest part of my job is ensuring the products prior to their release, that going to be shipped to the customers around the world. The most enjoyable part of my job is forming part of a team that works towards the production of quality products entering society.
Very good company at first, last years were disappointing due to political appointees & bad management
Full time customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CaliforniaMay 13, 2013
Lifescan was during the first 8 years of working there, a true joy to work for! Friendly and caring supervisors, good compensation and a state of friendly competition between teams that encouraged cooperation. Later the company changed, and not for the better! It became a very "corporate-mentality" place with gossip, innuendo, and intrigue that favored political advancement over true competence. The last years were very bad while I was there, the people in charge made the work environment exceedingly hard to work under on the hopes of people quitting, on not getting that, they adopted very controversial (ie unfair) ways of evaluation which caused most valuable employees to be fired. Now customer service at Lifescan is no more..only a temp agency in Buffalo, NY with $8.00 employees with less than a stellar background in customer service.
Pros
excellent pay & benefits
Cons
see above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeScan. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5