Lifespan Employee Reviews

Excellent Ideas and Vision but lacks the direction needed to achieve the stated goals
Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 16, 2017
Management is very concerned with having meetings to discuss the problem(s) but no one is willing to make decisions in a timely manner in order to achieve the stated goals. Overall, the company has fantastic but broad goals for itself and the community. However, those that are in positions of power and could make decisions are too afraid of appearances and too concerned with playing favorites.
Maintain work load for a Director and 5 Managers
Financial Operation Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 12, 2017
Fast pace environment as well as delicate. Processed payroll for 5000 + employees. Multi tasked various projects at a time for different departments.
Calm work place but sometimes not very organized .
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I never got my papers to be able to keep track of the client , write down what they did never got it. I worked there for about 3 -4 months . But overall is was decent
assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 21, 2017
Assembling products that came into the program to help those less fortunate. Sorting and stock items in appropriate categories.
Pros
great lunch breaks
Cons
short breaks
They expect your work to be your life
Supervisor Emergency Department Registration (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 16, 2017
The Registration Department within Lifespan is the WORST dept. in the entire company. Employees are treated badly by doctors, nurses and their own Management team.
No work life balances. No regard nor respect towards Sipervisors.
Cons
No work life balance, pay scale is low
productive and fun environment
Art Teacher/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2017
We have about 5-8 resident artists each day. I direct each student with whatever project they are working on. We work on new projects and I teach them new techniques. I also try to do paper work and e-mail in-between working with my students. I do all the book keeping and make sure the Artists get paid. Also I make calls and go into the community to try and sell/or get their Art into boutiques, restaurants, doctor offices, etc. I usually have a full day of work, everyday. I run the Art studio of Charlotte, so there are many jobs that I have to get done each month.
Pros
Free lunch breaks, was able to paint everyday
Cons
so many different tasks and jobs and not enough pay
Worst company and ruined my life.
Prn caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I worked for this company for two weeks! That's all it took for this company to mess up my life. I have never had a problem with working for the elderly until working with this company. They select the worst clients. They are incredibly rude! The reason I no longer could work for them was because they assigned me to a male client who was disabled. Which meant I was required to give him bed baths. The idea itself did not bother me because it was part of the job. The man ended up sexually assaulted me and I immediately reported it to the director and she still expected for me to work after that. I ended up reporting him to the police and made a case against that client. I no longer trust to work in this type of job field. I no longer can do in home care because I fear this will happen again. I no longer trust male clients. The poor is very poor for the amount of work that is required. Just terrible company. They expect for you to do everything and for you to go the extra mile but don't give the same treatment in return.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Nothing positive about this company. Nevgive stars. Red stars.
Productive, fufilling in helping others
Certified Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28304January 16, 2017
This job allows you to create your own schedule. Depending upon your client(s), you will have therapy sessions at home or at the child's school, depending upon the parent and the age of the child. Sessions will typically last 2 to 3 hours. You will learn something new everyday along with the child and also learn that ABA therapy can be beneficial to anyone and not just children with autism.
Fantastic hospital
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 1, 2017
Great work environment. Fast paced, multitasking position which I thrive on. Management was fair and caring. Only downfall was not trained properly I was just thrown in but adjusted quickly and able to exceed expectations. Position was Per Diem and I needed steady employment.
If enjoy taking care of someone
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 21, 2016
Love working with elderly People's lives matter they are someone loved ones so please take responsibility in all you do for clients
Energetic company to work with
Check Auditor/ Part-time mornings (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 19, 2016
Check auditor is exactly as it sounds. Reviewing checks prior to being mailed out. Management would always be available for any issues or questions. Co-workers were friendly. There was no difficult part of the position. Most enjoyable part of the job was the fact I worked at my own pace. It was always nice to be able to walk up to my supervisor and ask for more work to have so that the company would meet their goals.
Pros
Position / Managers
Cons
Strict breaks and lunch times
Great
Utility Worker/Dishwasher/food service (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 1, 2016
Makes it too easy to search and finds specific searches that fit your job criteria. Not only is it easy but they help you find many other jobs in other cities, loads of options so you dont or wont have to settle for a few selection.
Unorganized
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 9, 2016
Lifespan Technology closed down the business in the Denver Area at the beginging of October without any notice or warning. They laid all of us off and said they were closing the plant.
good place to work for.
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 15, 2016
A great company to work for. Very easy company to work for and great people to work with . You go picks for the company to pick old computer equipment that they need to be recycled . Also you sort through there old computer equipment . Updated into excel sheet so it could be audit.
Excellent place to work
Emergency Services Clinician (Former Employee) –  VariesSeptember 27, 2016
Great place to gain knowledge about how to work in a fast paced environment, collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, learn solid assessment skills
Pros
Good pay, amazing supervisor
Cons
Traveling, on call shifts
long nights,
Pathology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 3, 2016
overnight shifts are in a 7 on 7 off rotation of 10 hour nights. It is a hard schedule to get used to and makes for ornery people. Management is not reliable for anything that goes on for this shift, it is up to a tech in charge, which isn't that useful.
Pros
only work 2 weeks a month
Cons
not great benefits, long nights, ornery people
It was different.
HEAP Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2016
It was exciting enough. I enjoyed most the customer service I shared with customers. I absolutely loved my job. It was most definitely a different kind of experience.
Terrble Place to Work / High Turnover Especially in IT
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 27, 2016
They have managers that fire people at will and turn a blind eye to it. Staff that are rude sending emails to Managers and Peers and nothing said or no action is taken to address this behavior. The IT Call Center has let go 25 workers in less than a year and Human Resources says nothing about it. The Manager is rude and mentally and verbally abusive to staff. Nothing done about that behavior. Benefits are getting worse overtime. I would stay clear of this Organization unless you are desperate.
Pros
None that comes to mind
Cons
Negative and abusive environment!
I like working for Lifespan
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJuly 19, 2016
I am looking to advance in the field I have experience in and grow. I am very organized and able to multitask even in stressful situations. I have very good personal skills and customer service skills. I take my job very serious and will do my best in any situation every day.
Enjoyable place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 7, 2016
Lifespan is very flexible with work/home life balance. Pay scale is lower compared to other non-profit.

Not much room for advancement in Finance.

Benefits are average.
Pros
Flexibility with work/home life balance
Cons
Retirement Plan needs improvement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifespan. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval