Lifespan

Lifespan Employer Reviews

Fun Faculty - Potential for a Positive Environment
Director of School Age and Summer Camp Programs (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: fun faculty
Cons: poor benefits; under managed; low pay scale; high turnover rate
I worked for LifeSpan School and Day Care for 3.5 years as the Director of School Age Programs. Though the teachers are wonderful teachers with love for the children and families, there is a lot of hostility and animosity on a daily basis due to the higher management.
Horrible company to work for
phlebotomist (Former Employee), warwick riFebruary 28, 2015
Cons: horrible management
i worked for lifespan through a temp agency and was treated horrible. I was threatened by this employees and nothing was done except for me having to change sites. The last occasion that happened, I was assaulted by a lead phlebotomist on bald hill rd. I reported this is management and even filed a police report, nothing happened to the lead. Instead, I lost my position. Just an overall horrible experience from the company I have always dreamed of working for.
Gained experiance
Receptionist (Former Employee), Homestead, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: people we helped
Cons: location
Loved working with the participants.
Learned how to work in a few departments.
Enjoyed volunteering for work events.
Lack of pay for the work you did.
good people and job
Electrical Project Designer (Former Employee), Providence RIFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, temps workers treated very poorly by management.
Cons: no benefits, low pay, no job security, poor management
A typical day starts with checking on ongoing jobs, taking care of any problems and questions. Working on current and new designs, communicating with other professional disciplines, Electrical, H.V.A.C., Plumbing and Architectural, Facilities departments and hospital workers coordinating efforts to complete all assigned jobs.

While working with my original boss I learned a lot. He was a great mentor and a good boss, after he retired his replacement,” Not So Much.”

Not great management not willing to accept or listen about alternative solutions from anyone outside his circle, very oppressive and has the tendency to treat workers with disrespect. It’s his way or no way!

For the most part my co-workers very good to work with and at what they do, doing the best they could despite the directors arrogance beyond his abilities and oppressive management style.

The most difficult part of the position was and having to put out every job not being at 100% and completion as the norm. “Just get it out we will fix on addenda” a lot of Architectural missed in design changes that affected all other disciplines.

The best part of the job was working with my co-workers, the work we did was very interesting and rewarding.
fun place
Contracted IT Technician (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 12, 2015
co workers were nice and hardworking, management was good and it was and overall good environment to be in. things would never be the same because the environment was so complex because the fact it was a hospital but learning the software and meeting new people was fun.
Efficient and challenging.
LIFESPAN WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT - PAYROLL DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Rhode IslandFebruary 7, 2015
A face-paced environment that not only challenged me, but allowed me to grow. Grew from multitasking experiences such as; payroll deadlines, customer service with patients, establishing employee relationships, handling payroll human resource dilemmas while preparing for Friday's workshop/ training.
A healthy work environment
Internship Student (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 4, 2015
The staff at Lifespan are easy to work with, containempathy for their clients, and were competent in their appropriate areas. Lifespan is an excellent company to work for in that the staff are easy to work with, and the job is not too demanding.
Could be a good place to work
Design Team, Electrical Project Designer (Former Employee), providence RIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: nice office and very good co-workers
Cons: existing management
Good people in the design team, unfortunately not so great management.
Design Team Lifespan facilities.
Designed and oversaw new Electrical construction and renovations for public, critical, and non-critical care hospital Environments.
Nice workplace
SENIOR EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Troutman, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: insurance and benefits
Cons: hard to advance
Had to be very alert working around individuals who have been convicted of a crime. Learned how to multi task, how to shoot different weapons, learned life saving techniques to help save my life and fellow officers.
Decent learning experience
Care Manager (Former Employee), New Albany, INNovember 26, 2014
8a-4p office work. Routine job and administrative work to do, keeps you busy. Nice office morale and secure environment.
dangerous work environment especially in non union afiliate.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Providence, RINovember 22, 2014
Pros: loved interaction with pts, community service, and my job
Cons: poor, outrageous, double standards, and constant retaliation without support.
There is no support from management in regards to work force matters and complaints of abusive control tactics.

To complain, to any form of management (up the chain of command) will get you further retaliation, resentment from management, lack of overtime, treated like child by punishment, entrapment, negative put downs, belittling, and continue micor-management ( abrupt stalking by manager and supervisor in work environment).

This organizations is to big, powerful, and uses its power to manipulate its employees (keep them quiet) and policies.
Employees are defenseless (lamb to the slaughter) in today economy.. needing their jobs.

Employees are single out because of it. The continuous bullying, retaliation, entrapment that causes mistakes, overwhelming stress, and managements end result...termination of employee.

Furthermore, they are so cruel and evil, that go out of their way to prevent employees from collecting benefits (unemployment).
In complete sabotaging, destroying any future of rebound, paying bills (mortgages) because of denied income and benefits.

Be afraid. They are not compassionate, ethical, moral, and take pleasure in these acts of complete humiliation.
Toxic environment
RN (Former Employee), NewportNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no support from management
Management authoratative. Co-workers very team spirited. Lots of bullying. No say in policy decisions. Attitude of do what we say or you lose your job.
It was a productive place to work and I enjoyed my employment. I decided to work partime and obtain my degree.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: chances for advancement
Cons: i could not advance anymore because i did not have a degree. now i have a degree.
I enjoyed working at LifeSpan. I learned a great deal about individuals with Intellectual Developmental Disabilities and enjoy interacting with them. I wrote goal plans and had meetings with parents, care providers, guardians and the individuals.
Not the best enviroment to work in ..
Call center (Current Employee), Providence RIOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very loud
No advancement within department unless you have worked their for a very long time 15 years or so.. Manager very disrespectful, but wants her employees to show respect.. That should start at the top.
produvtive work environment
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee), RIOctober 8, 2014
I work with students with emotional and developmental disorders. I use verbal de-escalation to help students to calm down. I implement behavior plans for students. I work with autistic students also teaching them daily life skills.
Productive place with great management staff.
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 25, 2014
I learned so much from Lifespan. It has molded me into the great worker I am today.
Productive and fun work place
Summer Intern, Transport (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free workshops and meals
Cons: short breaks
At lifespan I most enjoyed the workshops that were filled with lots of helpful information and training.
HELPING HOMEOWNERS WITH FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY
Operator Services (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: helping families
Cons: no days off
COLD CALLING HOMEOWNERS TO REFINANCE THEIR HOMES IS VERY HARD WHEN HOMEOWNERS DON'T TRUST YOU WITH GIVING OUT INFORMATION ABOUT THEIR FINANCES ITS UP TO YOU USE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS TO MAKE THEM FEEL COMFORTABLE IN GIVING SUCH INFORMATION TO HELP THEM WHEN THEY NEED HELP
Love it here
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: hours are good
Cons: 1/2 lunch
I would start my day at 7:30 am, come in and check emails, check for any faxes for medical record requests from outside companies , file any and most paperwork. Management is great, understanding if you need an emergency day off, helpful when you need it. my co workers are great, always willing to help, I only work with 1 other person, she always helps out. hardest part is trying to solve any issues if I come across any on my own. I try to problem solve first then approach my manager if needed . I enjoy my job. I started in the field as a cena and loved every minute of my job and still do .
Safe workplace
Computer/Network Consultant (Former Employee), Palm Beach, FLJune 26, 2014
Great Facility with a friendly and responsible staff. The staff and management ensure that all child care safety and care needs are meet.

1 2 3