LifeStation Inc. Employee Reviews

Mixed bag
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 15, 2017
They present an image and culture of a company that cares, but the reality is quite different. The people working at LifeStation are some of the best you will encounter in your time in the work place. Management was indecisive in their game plan on how they wanted to engage the PERS industry. They shifted focus it seemed on a whim, without really letting one strategy take root.
Pros
Colleagues some of the best
Cons
Managment
February 24, 2017

Thank you for the honest feedback. We agree that we have some of the best people you will encounter! We are sorry that things did not work out at LifeStation but we wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Good !
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 18, 2017
I've been working here for a year and I can't complain. I enjoy coming to work everyday there are so many friendly people and very helpful. They are very understanding if you have something going on and always try to help you out. There are always holiday parties and a lot of prizes are given away. Love my job can't complain
March 2, 2017

We are so happy you enjoy working at LifeStation, and we’re happy to have you on the team! We really care about our employees, and try to be understanding about everyone’s unique situation.

Hard work but not boring
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 9, 2017
Friendly work environment, always on my feet doing something. Coworkers and higher ups are friendly and always willing to help or teach. job was never too difficult
January 12, 2017

Thank you for the review. We’re glad you enjoyed your time at LifeStation, and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

I like it here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 14, 2016
I've worked here in CS for a number of years and I don't see where all this hate is coming from. Management doesn't let people slack off but everyone is so nice and welcoming. The pay is fair and there's a surprising benefits package which has so much more (vision, dental) then most customer service positions I've worked before.
Pros
benefits, pay, management, room for growth
November 16, 2016

With everything we do to provide an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, we are happy to hear that our benefits are not only competitive but one of the best in today’s job market. Benefits are just one way we show our appreciation to all of our motivated and hardworking employees.

Such an exciting place to work!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Union, NJOctober 7, 2016
As a recent grad going for interviews I was immediately drawn to LifeStation because of how exciting the atmosphere was! I just started a few months ago, but everyone has been so genuinely nice and there's ACTUAL opportunities for growth (which a lot of companies say they have, but few actually do). The pay and benefits is pretty fair, and there's so many fun holidays and events going on every month.
November 16, 2016

That’s great to hear. We love that so many of our employees are genuinely excited to come in to work. Also, as you mentioned, there are real opportunities for growth here. We serve a market that’s only getting bigger and as we grow as a company we need more employees to grow with us. We’re happy to have you as part of the team.

CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 29, 2016
I feel this is a great place to work and its designed to make the employees comfortable enough to work with peace of mind knowing you are in a location where safety is not a concern
Pros
great benefits and pay increases granted based on performance
Cons
cold but once notified quickly adjusted
November 16, 2016

We’re so glad to hear that you are happy at LifeStation! We agree with you, this is a great place to work. Not only because of the benefits and pay increases, but mostly because of the outstanding employees like you that embrace and promote our company culture. Thanks for sharing your experience.

You can go as far as you want with this company.
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 16, 2016
I've had many jobs before LifeStation but this is the first company who really embodies the corporate culture that they promote. It's a family owned business and it shows by how friendly and personable everyone is. The best part about the company is that they prefer to promote from within and many people in management or leadership roles have been with the company for years. If you have a good work ethic, you can go far here.
Pros
Great benefits and company culture
Cons
Certain positions do not allow great flexibility with your schedule.
November 16, 2016

You are absolutely right! Here at LifeStation we strongly believe in promoting from within and building up our own employees to grow into leadership roles. We believe in giving all of our employees the opportunity to turn this into a career.

Nice place to work
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 14, 2016
I have worked at Lifestation for nearly 5 years and my experience has been a positive one so far. The atmosphere is friendly and the facility is clean and modern. The company also offers full-time employees benefits/401k and has many fun activities throughout the year.

Overall, most days are pretty routine for an office job and I enjoy working with the other employees in my department. However, the company is ever-evolving and some days can be challenging and stressful when new protocol is introduced. One complaint would be there should be more extensive training provided when updates occur. However, management will answer your questions as long as you ask them and also take your input into consideration to make improvements.

I feel like my hard work over the years has paid off, not only with steady raises, but also by feeling like a valued employee. I have definitely grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Pros
Good compensation, benefits/401k, friendly co-workers, nice facility
Cons
More training
November 16, 2016

We are so glad to still have you on the team and your suggestion has been taken into account. In the future we will definitely make sure everyone is a lot more comfortable with new protocol or procedures whenever we roll them out.

Supportive Management
Coordinator Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 13, 2016
Family run company. Team environment atmosphere. Provides excellent customer service. Constant learning and changing of policies which develops your growth. Encourages growth with company. Asks employees for feedback on operations. Team building exercises throughout the year. Excellent low cost benefit package. Given the opportunity to grow throughout the years. Many long term employees. Awesome management team and people to work with. Been with the company for several years and look forward to continuing my career at LifeStation.
November 16, 2016

Thanks for pointing out that we’re a family run company because that is what our company culture is built on. As you also mentioned, we place a high value on maintaining a supportive team atmosphere and we aren’t afraid to ask current and former employees how we can improve. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and future applicants.

Job was structured well and pay was good
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 11, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of taking sales and retention calls in order to retain or gain customers. The pay was base plus commission so as long as you wanted it and heeded advice from your team lead and sales manager, you made money.
Pros
felt secure at all times working in a security center
Cons
short lunch break
November 16, 2016

Thanks, it was always important to us to be more than just another sales job. That’s why our reps have always had the opportunity to enroll in the company’s benefits and 401k, a base salary plus commission compensation structure, and ongoing training to help them maximize their own potential. We hope you’ve had continued success since leaving LifeStation.

Great if you need office experience or if you just graduated HS
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 24, 2015
If you need experience working in an office setting or live at home and are planning for school, this may be a great fit for you.
Pros
Nice facility, coffeemachine/break area
Cons
short lunches, bad hours, management not consistent enforcing rules & regulations
November 16, 2016

We agree. LifeStation is a great opportunity for those who have a diploma and may be looking to gain experience in an office, also for those with prior office or call center experience. But, it’s also a great opportunity for those who just graduated college or even for those who are looking for employment while still attending college. The bottom line is, if you’re looking for a career where you can help others, this is a great place to do that.

its okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 24, 2015
Alright, low pay clients are really old, supervisor are cool, really nice work environment, very clean building, wokers talk to much, over exaggerated job
Never a dull day at a high paced call center with diversity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, NJApril 24, 2015
I can honestly say that I did love that job, mainly because of the people I had the pleasure of working with. I got along with all of my fellow employees, however I felt management could have cared a bit more (about their employees and clients). A typical day at work would be to show up on time, greet your fellow colleagues, and then talk on the phone all day to all types of people and put a smile on every last face (If possible). The most enjoyable part of my job was listening to the clients, which were primarily elderly, and being able to assess them in a timely manner. The hardest part was caring to much for the client and not being able to give them what they ask, because there is a policy to uphold, whether its liked or not. I learned how to change pace at an instant; the company is fast paced and still growing.
Pros
Positive employees, great benefits, Occasionally free food
Cons
Revolving Doors
November 18, 2016

We love hearing our current or former employees speak so highly of the job and their coworkers, it lets us know that we’re hiring the right people. We’re sorry that your experience with management was not the same, however as you mentioned, managing everything they do at such a high pace can be difficult. Ultimately your experience here sounds like it was a positive one and we were happy to have you on board. We wish you the best of luck with all of your future career endeavors.

horrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  union, new jerseyNovember 23, 2014
These people want you to be a robot and dont believe in personal issues happening
just a paycheck
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  brooklyn nyFebruary 17, 2014
No job security and just left there Brooklyn warehouse for Union NJ. they did me a favor by moving
Pros
some people
Cons
pay wasnt worth it
Full of bs
DEALER SVCS (Former Employee) –  UNION NJFebruary 1, 2014
This company is full of bs. The training class is the best thing. Other than that.. You receive all of these promises about being on the evening shift, however, they put you right on overnight. What crooks. . . Very unfair. Do not work for this company!!!! Do not!!! Save yourself the waste of life. 12.00 Is not worth working overnight. They dont even give you a pay difference for working this shift. Even the mamagers are so fake. They walk around and say good morning because they have to. Not because they want to.. They walk up and down the rows and say gm gm gm gm .. Like robots.
Pros
Coffe machine
Cons
Everything else.
December 13, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to make this a better place to work while also growing as a business and providing the best possible service for our customers. We continuously review and adjust salary levels based on company financials, individual employee performance and experience and the market rate for similar positions. We always strive to offer a fair salary and benefits package to all of our employees. We are sorry that LifeStation was not able to meet your needs and objectives but we hope that you have found someplace better suited to you.

Good as a stepping stone to advance elsewhere
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  UnionJanuary 13, 2014
The trainers don't know how to train and that's the hardest part of the job. Especially if you're just starting and they're supposedly there to "help". Many of the "mentors" weren't even there for a year.

A typical day consists of handling alarms and listening to people gossip. Gossip on the floor, in the break room, outside. It was suffocating and depressing to hear. And it doesn't stop with hourly employees.
I watched a shift lead on a MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL, IM gossip about another employee while on the line with EMS. Just think if that was you or your loved on in distress. Completely unprofessional, let alone life-threatening. AND they misuse their access to security cameras.

The alarms were constant so that was the most enjoyable part.

The shift leads and supervisors don't know the business and don't know how to manage a shift, let alone a company.
The policies are enforced on some and not others.
The favoritism is disgusting.
They fire people in the blink of an eye so you always have to be wary of your job.

All that glitters isn't gold, and this company is proof.
Pros
Office events, gift cards for working holidays and birthdays, great holiday pay, inter-office job postings
Cons
Management, systematic favoritism, Gossip, improper training techniques
challenging management
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NY June 24, 2013
I would not recommend this place to current job seekers for employment.
No Job Security - This is DEFINITELY SOMETHING TO PAY THE BILLS
customer service (Current Employee) –  union, njJune 8, 2013
NO joke - This job is horrid.

The people, the constant gossip it's definitely not worth it - however if you need something to pay the bills go for it.
Pros
nice patio
Cons
people - gossip- no security
Moving in a great direction and only getting better
Customer Service Department (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMay 25, 2013
This is a family owned company that has seen a tremendous amount of growth just over the last few years. The new facility is a major improvement both technically and aesthetically.
An employee suggestion box has helped to implement a number of positive changes such as vending machines, an extended patio with a smoking section, coffee machines in each break room, employee cubbies with outlets for charging phones in addition to personal lockers, and tvs in the break rooms which alternate channels such as CNN and the Cooking Network for informative as well as entertainment purposes.
There are many personal touches such as announcing Birthdays, Employment Anniversaries, Babies, Weddings and such on video screens throughout the facility. The screens are also used for employee recognition, announcing of New Hires, job postings and pertinent information for current employees.
The job itself is what you make of it, so if you're there to simply collect a pay check you will go no where. The right attitude and just a little dedication will take you far. There is room for advancement and opportunities are posted internally. They highly support promoting from within, evident in the fact that most of the Upper Management has started from either a Sales or Customer Service type position.
The training is detailed, that includes both classroom and hands on application. There is continuing education to keep the department up to date on any changes in procedure or product.
The starting salary is competitive and the review process is fair. Pay increases are performance and responsibility
  more... based, so it's all up to you. They appreciate and acknowledge good employees.
There is GREAT support from HR. Upper Management has really become more involved and invested in their employees and has made it a point to communicate their open door policy.
I would love to see some company wide moral boosters - such as company events, bbqs or family day, to promote more interdepartmental interaction since I work with some wonderful people.
If you want a career and not just a job, you'll find it here.
Pros
New state of the art facility, stable company, very clean, ample parking, nice health benefits, guaranteed 40hr work week with a weekly paycheck, room for growth, friendly atmosphere, wonderful coworkers, many more
Cons
no work place is perfect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeStation Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8