LifeStream Behavioral Center Employee Reviews

Lock in Unit for Teenage boys
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 23, 2017
Every day was something new. This was a dangerous job, I worked night shift by myself almost the whole time I was employed here. I was responsible for overseeing 12 teenage boys under 18 in a lock in chemical dependency rehab unit. I prepared breakfast and did laundry 5 days a week as well.
Pros
Really weren't any
Cons
High risk job
Bye bye license
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Inexperienced management and nursing staff who are just uneducated or just don't care
Non user friendly software
No communication between programs
Low salaries and no raises
Chaotic
Health Information Technician III (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Typical work day is chaotic. Non profit organization with a very high turn over ratio. Constant change in management, hours aren't too bad, the job description surely don't match the salary given.
Pros
learning
Cons
salary
Over worked staff and stressful enviroment with some good.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Working at life streams, we were under staffed, we all had 10 jobs to do rather then a couple. When hired, I was told I would be full time and the CEO also said I would be and then continued onto the next day after meeting with him/her, was told they were actually going to cut my hours, putting more work in the other women I worked with. With a five women staff we ran four clinics a week. To top it all off life streams did not want us ladies to get over time when charting which takes hours to do after seeing patients. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was hearing all the patients thank us for providing free health care to them. It really felt good to be changing those lives who cant afford healthcare, their appreciation was wonderful and we bonded with our patients. I am good under stress but I would find myself crying when I got home from the stress build up that took its toll on my body. I was a part-time employee working full time hours with no benefits.
Pros
bond with our patients
Cons
no over time, stressful
great teamwork
Behavioral Tech III (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJanuary 27, 2017
You never knew what you were going to walk into when coming onto shift. Some shifts were extremely slow, others were non-stop. There was always the same people working and we all developed a close working relationship and got along very well.
This place has hit an all time low.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLDecember 31, 2016
Once upon a time this was an ok job, despite low pay and no paid holidays. Now I wouldn't be caught dead working there. Agency everywhere and nobody seems to know what a real psych facility should run like. It's pretty sad to see how pathetically run it has become.
Pros
Locals have option to be employed
Cons
Low pay, no holiday pay, ignorant techs and no morality.
Not employee friendly
Family Care Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 29, 2016
LifeStream is a large company with no idea how difficult dependency is. 40 hours are not enough to complete the entire job however if you go into overtime the company causes a lot of stress accounting for each minute over. The holidays are advertised as paid but the time comes out of the employees PTO. The health care is expensive and the coverage is bottom rate. The stress levels are high and there is very little done to help with the stress of the job. The job requires odd hours in order to accomplish what is needed. Management ranges from hand holding for some and left out to sea for others. Management stresses regularly that the employees could get arrested if the job is not done correctly. Management also encourages employees to work off of the clock at home to get the job done and not follow fair labor standards.
Pros
Free clinic
Cons
expensive healthcare, no overtime, PTO used for holidays, morale, case load
The Gates of Purgatory
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 15, 2016
The coworkers are good but the administration and regulation on managing their clients is absurd and don't serve any purpose but to be an expensive daycare where no one learns or better themselves in anyway. Sadly if you like feeling hopeless when trying to help someone this is the place to go you have 0 tools to help the clients and administration just keeps a blind eye to every situation just to keep the clients and get paid.
Pros
Get a work out.
Cons
Get hit almost every day by the clients.
Stay Away
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 23, 2016
Horrible management, back stabbing- it's true that if they don't like you, watch your back! That can happen in a second. And yes, lots of favoritism. Disorganized management leads to chaotic clinic setting. No orientation, computer charting is ineffective and dangerous. Horrible to the point of exodus of good providers. Save your license & don't work here
Pros
Cons
All below
more like where hope comes to die
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 8, 2016
This facility is extremely unethical and careless about their clients. They are sabotaging people rather then providing them with adequate care and support.
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
unethical, deceitfull
Great work experience
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLDecember 23, 2015
Team player. I got along well with staff, clients, and customers. Sometimes it was difficult to get help with patient transfers but overall it was good.
Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FlSeptember 19, 2015
The facility is beautiful and clean. There are very nice people working there, but you will be put in harms way with some of these consumers. The pay is very low and health insurance is outrageous. I have been at corporate and seen corvettes and expensive suits!!!!!(REALLY) My advice is think very carefully before you put yourself in a dangerous situation that might alter your life permanently.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
Low pay, dangerous situations.
Interesting workplace
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Altoona, FlJuly 30, 2015
As a behavioral technician at Lifestream Behavioral Center, my typical day would start very early. Techs perform as bus monitors and ride the bus to pick up the students. Next, is at the school for six hours, enforcing behavior standards and whatever the teachers, or therapists need help with. The day would end on the bus taking the children home.
Pros
Making a difference in childrens lives
Cons
Low pay
LifeStream
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJune 7, 2015
Very supportive company focusing on promoting from within. LifeStream has a strong family feeling for a lot of the staff. If you are looking for somewhere to grow in your career, LifeStream is definitely the place to start.
Definately a great place to learn how to become a therapist. Excellent supervision and exposure to mental illness in both children and adults.
Advanced Therapist/Clinician (TBOS/CCOS) (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 16, 2014
Lifestream is a very good place to work. As with all other employers, there is room for improvement. The pay is low compared to other agencies in Gainsville and Deland, however supervision for registered interns is included in your job experience at no extra fee. Co-workers are helpful and adult acting. Supervision is excellent.
Pros
flexible, positive work environment, super co-workers
Cons
low pay
Stable career.
Crisis Response Therapist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 15, 2014
Agency had room for growth and advancement. It also offered good benefits.
would not recommend this place for employment
Family Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 11, 2014
If someone in management dosent like you, forget about it your done
Pros
non
Cons
non
no chance for advancement
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 7, 2014
billed/consumer relations/bandruptcies and a lot more/the supervisor did not want me to advance and would not recommend a raise in pay. Co workers were back stabbing and lazy always passing their work load. Was getting everything done in 8 hours with no option for overtime. getting what I could get done helping out the patients and other departments.
benefits
Cons
unqualifed supervisor
Happy
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 26, 2013
Hard worker, love people and loves to laugh. Like being a team player. Contribute new ideas.
Pros
Getting along with others
Cons
Not working as a team
A nice place to work
Forensic Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 3, 2013
I had the opportunity to work with a wide variety of organizations in Lake county in conjunction with the courts dealing with social and mental health issues.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Health Benifits were weak.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeStream Behavioral Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8