LifeStream

LifeStream Employer Reviews

Productive and FUn workplace
Donor Specialist III (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 21, 2014
Great starting point for a phlebotomist great hours and a caring staff
overall a nice place to work
Transportation Driver (Former Employee), Muncie, INJune 24, 2014
Pros: freedom to travel throughout county, working on my own, no direct supervision
Cons: all bonuses were cut
my typical day at lifestream would start with a daily inspection of the vehicle and then received my daily schedule of pickups. This job allowed me to work alone and provided a very casual work atmosphere only seen in working with coworkers rarely. I was able to use my organizational skills to plan my routes to best utilize time available to me.
Productive and fun place for my extern
Nursing Assistant Clinical (Former Employee), Youngtown, AZMay 5, 2014
My typical day at Lifestream, Is to get there on time, engage with patients/ clients on their daily routine. I've learned how to interact with co-workers and clients. The hardest part was to leave my patients and clients at the end the day. Everyone was so pleasant and kind! My most enjoyable part at LifeStream was getting to know everyone and enjoying – more... the healthcare field. – less
Sucks
Material Expeditor (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 16, 2013
Cons: fake people
Poor mamangement, no job stability. High school enviroment too many cheifs not enough indians
Productive and high energy workplace
Donor Specialist (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 15, 2013
Pros: working in a different setting daily
Cons: variable work hours
A typical day of work consists of driving to a specific destination to have our first meal break (lunch), which usually lasts 30 minutes. We then show up tp our mobile destination where we are doing our blood draw and set up the blood drive. (Donor beds, medical assesment stations and an ma station to check donors iron content.)
I have learned at this – more... job you have to have a lot of patience with your co workers and donors because the job becomes very stressful at times.
I would like to see more of managemnt playing an active role in our daily activities. Such as showing up to our blood drives so they can see exactly what it is we do as a team.
My co workers are amazing. I work with a very ecclectic crowd of people that are helpful as well as informative.
The hardest part about my job is the variabe hours. I would like to see more consistency in hours just for the simple fact that things can be more routine in our daily lives.
The most enjoyable part of my job is saving lives. With every blood donation, a donor has the potential to save up to 3 adults or 8 babies. That is something absolutely amazing!! – less
Lifestream is an outstanding homecare company for Mental Health and Mentally Challenged Adults.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), MAAugust 12, 2013
I would be still employed from this company like I have been the past eight years but i have recently re-located from Massachusetts to Mississippi and this company is only branched out through New England.
Fullfilling job in helping mentally compromised adults
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), New Bedford, MAAugust 7, 2013
Lifestream has been a great company to work for. Management is willing to work with employees in making improvements to the quality of care delivered to these individuals.
Not a place to work if you have small children
Transportation Driver (Former Employee), Yorktown, InApril 9, 2013
This is not a place to work if you are a parent. I worked in the transportation part of this company. Never knew my schedule for the next day until the night before. I did enjoy most of the people I transported but that was about the only thing I liked about this job.
Odd place for an RN
RN Mobile Supervisor (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay, rude people (but is balanced with nice people)
I'm a mobile RN supervisor trainee, and I find that it's, just very odd. Not a good experience for a new grad, yet very tedious for a seasoned nurse. Not sure if I will end up liking it or not. Thank you for your info, I will hang in there and reeval after I finish the 12 week training (which is torture, but it's their policy) I must say that the managers – more... and most of the coworkers are extremely nice. The training staff are good, but play games, play favorites, etc, just like the previous reviewer stated, but that exists in all facets of large companies. The hardest part of the job is learning to NOT be a nurse, and learning to be a Coder - you have to be willing to give up your skills to do this kind of work, so retirement would be the best time. Would I reccomend the job? Um, ask me later. Today, I would say NO, but with time, it might get better. – less
Great Learning Experience
Donor Recruiter, Blood Bank (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: good enviorment
Cons: working nights
Coming in just knowing that your gonna save people life's and being surrounded by others that enjoyed the same compassion is a wonderful feeling everyday
Bookkeeper
Bookkeeper Coordinator (Former Employee), Yorktown, INNovember 5, 2012
Pros: relaxing work environment
I enjoyed working at LifeStream as a part of the finance department. The mission of LifeStream was to better the living style of senior citizens and through my tasks I was able to help fulfill this mission for numerous individuals.
great place to work - on the whole you are contributing to a great cause by working here
Senior Accounts Payable (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 1, 2012
Pros: core values were positive
Cons: due to economics the company had to start layoffs and diversify to make ends meet
very high volume - great opportunity to work with a companies whose core values are about saving lives - Lifestream was a Blood Bank. The management were open and communicative and provided solutions and guidance whenever needed. Employee morale was very positive for the most part.
The job its self is descent!
donor specialist (Former Employee), upland, caSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: easy job
Cons: need to be a mediocre worker and a brown nose order to advance with this company
The job it's self was good, it involved dealing with different people. The company claims to have great values, and to care for their employees... Reality is,you never get acknowledged for going above and beyond. Favoritism among managers and employees is what really rules the company. MANAGEMENT SUCKS! Co-Workers are good, their is a lot of team work, – more... the hardest part is the constant short staff in all areas. The best part is the easy job and good happy donors! – less
productive work enviroment
Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Fall River, MAAugust 23, 2012
This company allows independence from its employees. The company allows independence because it believes independence foster creativity and enriches the company environments as a whole. overall it was a great working and proactive environment.
Love their residents
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Youngtown, AZJuly 18, 2012
Pros: the company understands that life happens
Cons: the pay is awful, no raises in four years, benefits are not affordable
Lots of laughs, caring environment, hardest part of the job is they are frequently short staffed,
Productive and easy job if you know your skills well enough.
Apheresis Training Instructor (Former Employee), San BernardinoNovember 16, 2011
Pros: benefits, different time shifts
Cons: management was not good
I worked for this employer for almost 10 years and I loved it working with the public doing what I did best. I was a phlebotomist/trainer for the new employees. I loved working with the public and conversation with them was great they were the reason I stayed for so long. Although they tended to believe what other people said instead of investigating – more... it was a great place to work – less