LifeStream Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 15, 2017
Enjoyed working here. Great people. The only con was no benefits offered. Slow paced office. Great management very understanding. And family oriented .
Pros
Great communication
Cons
No benefits
A Life saving feild
Product Management (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 13, 2017
Ok place to work. They're software 30 years out of date and training on this is poor. But a lot of good people to work with. You do learn a lot about the blood products and how they are used and collected.
Pros
Lifesaving job
Cons
bad health insurance
Large case loads, friendly staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, INApril 28, 2017
Environment varies between main office and satellite offices. Be prepared for you schedule to always change.
Management can always be approached and available whenever needed.
Good company and values.
Great place to work and helps you grow as a person
Personal Advocate (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 17, 2017
Household chores, medication administration, transport, teamwork between staff/management and clients. Positive attitude . If yo can multitask and have a personable character you should enjoy this job.
rewarding career
Personal Advocate (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 28, 2016
I have worked with the company for over 10 years. I have formed close relationships with many of the individuals I work with. Salary capped after 6 years.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
salary
Volunteer
Donor Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 2, 2016
I have a Fantastic opportunity to learn from other phlebotomist. Work with great people who donate to save lives. I am able to make my own hours and be in a comfortable environment.
Pros
Experience
Fun Work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Long but good i learned different things about donating. management was good. i loved my co workers they were fun and very helpful. the hardest thing about the job was making sure i wouldn't make a mistake. my most enjoyable part of the job was helping save lives.
Pros
Company parties, free lunches
Cons
Took early lunches.
Not a Professional Company AT ALL
PCA (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJanuary 23, 2016
Lifestream started out great, I felt like I could change the lives of individuals and be a positive influence in the group home setting. However, employees were mean and cruel to the individuals and to myself, management did nothing about it, and in the end, I realized everyone was there for the paycheck, not for the better of the consumers. My advice would be not to work here if you are someone who truly cares about others and wants to make a difference in others lives.
Pros
Eating lunch with the Consumers, Spending quality time with them
Cons
Horrible management, rude staff, company did not follow by its policies
TeleRecruitment
Tele-donor Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoAugust 23, 2015
I enjoy were I work however my hours are being reduced due to dept transition and I am looking for full time work. The company is fine we do great things with collecting blood to help save lives, I am also a blood donor. Very satisfying however the pay could be better.
Pros
Close to home and day shuft currently
Cons
Schedule changes too often
Poor management and low moral
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 17, 2015
Wonderful staff and lower level management
Poor management and direction from the CEO
Low moral due to staff feeling constantly attacked
Great longtime relationships among employees
Good medical benefits
Poor pay
Work with good people
Tele-recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with good people who help save lives everyday by setting appointment for the donor so the patient can have the blood she/he needs. The hardest part of the job is management's lack of communication. Overall, I am grateful I work for an organization like LifeStream.
Pros
Nice co-workers, good benefits, good people
Cons
you can never be absent: counts against you even with doc.note or hospital's bills
Great mission statement with a honorable goal
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 4, 2015
The work hours vary and can be difficult to get adjusted to. Management is great, coworkers make for a good environment, and overall good place to work. Good entry level position to enter the field in.
decent prn job
Registered Nurse (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Youngtown, AZApril 29, 2015
I love the patients I work with here. The staff are pleasant and I have never had any problems with the administration. This is a decent second job.
Pros
shorter shifts
Cons
located in the boonies.
too many politics
Mobile Bus Driver Lifestream (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 5, 2015
When i first started working here, i thought it was great. they welcome me with open arms, gave me a tour of the company and introduce me to the employees that seem friendly and helpful at the start...but that is where it ended. i worked as a driver for their mobile blood drives and it was very horrible. working 10 hour days every single day that seem to take a toll on me. no life and nothing to show for it. the 10 hour days are always a requirement.

Hearing the employees talk about everyone that they just didnt like. spreading rumors and false things about another person and getting into other peoples business. i know there is gossip in any company, but this takes the cake! it is very overwhelming and it was hard to come into work everyday and know i have to deal with that. even if i come to work and said nothing to anyone but the occasional 'hows your day?', they will still find themselves something to gossip about. All they have is just two pieces of paper on the wall to say to stop gossiping, but they dont take no action to stop it.

everyone plays the blame game and the management will believe the person that made the complaint first and take their side before they take the other person side and hear the actual story.

all i did was load the bus up with coolers full of the drinks and ice they use throughout the day. Once that is done, i have to go like some personal assistant and tell the RN that the bus is ready and carry her bags to the bus.
Once we get to the location, i just sit there for 5-6 hours either handing out drinks or sealing up blood bags and hearing
  more... them talk about every single person that they do not like but still act like they are friends with them. They would talk about the company complaining about the pay, but still work there like they have no choice. then at the end, i would drive the bus back, clean up the crews mess like they are kids and im the parent, as they go clock out and go home like they dont give a **** while i do all the dirty work.

i believe in the company as to giving life (blood) to those who need it in hospitals, but the overall work ethic, teamwork, and blaming is way too much.

as a driver, i would NOT recommend any driver or any person to work here for their benefit. This place is not professional but filled with teens and employees that have way too much time on their hands.
benefits
Cons
too much gossip, blame game, un-professional workplace, long work days
A great place to get along with fellow co-workers
Blood Donor Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 28, 2015
My co-workers were great to work with and very helpful all the time. The hardest part of my job was mobile's at times setting up when their is a crowd of donors ready to donate.
productive and fun work environment
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 24, 2015
Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all LifeStream policies, procedures and guidelines. Perform whole blood collection procedures (allogeneic, autologous, and directed) or conduct donor health history screening procedures. Perform drive set-up, donor greeting, and collection set labeling, processing and packing blood, donor reaction care as assigned.
Lifestream
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day at work would involve taking care of mentally handicapped adults with behaviors. Assisted with ADL's, completed daily household chores, and supervision of the individuals.

I learned a lot working there. I received a NVMAB training and some skills.

Management was very helpful and friendly.

Co-workers always jumped in and helped each other.

The hardest part was trying to calm down the resident and using the NVMAB skills that were taught.

The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction knowing that, at the end of the day, I helped someone and they appreciate me just as much as I appreciate them.
Team Work Oriented place to work
Mobile RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  san bernardino, CAFebruary 13, 2015
I am an RN supervisor on mobiles and I enjoy working in the blood bank everyday because I am passionate about it. However, for a growing professional. There are hardly any vacancies opened for career growth and that is the only downside I see. micromanagement hardly needed to keep staff in line.Most of them do their job really well and are happy to be there. The hardest part are the hours, not good for the body in the long run. Other than that it is a fun place to wor where i see myself growing.
Pros
customer focused.
Cons
short breaks, few vacancies for growth it is the reason for high turnover.
Best boss ever and working atmosphere is great.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Youngtown, AZJanuary 31, 2015
My boss and co-workers are the best collective group that I have had the pleasure of working with. My boss is very friendly but at the same time he is a no nonsense type of man that takes the job very seriously. He stands behind us and we can always depend on him backing us up in any situation. The hardest part of the job is the occasional confrontation and the unknown hazards of the area. The best part is being able to interact with all of the residents of the communities and occasionally meeting some of the great Veterans, especially from WWII.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Low pay, healthcare, not where I want to be in my career.
Very friendly workplace
Appreciation Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 27, 2015
The donor specialists and nurses are very friendly and approachable. The establishment has a very good working atmosphere. You get to have nice conversations with the donors. Volunteering here is a very nice stepping stone for providing good customer service and interaction.