Lifestyle Lift Employee Reviews

"Don't judge a book by its cover!"
PSC/CMA (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NC., 28117March 27, 2013
Former Employee: Wrongful discharge due to conflict in moral values and professional ethics. When entering into the medical field one realizes caring about people is the original motivator. Somewhere along the way the company seems to have lost this especially with patients after collecting their money.

Overall Rating: Zero - Moral values and professional Ethics are very important qualities. One wants to work for a company that has integrity sadly these are not traits of which I have experienced personally.

Compensation/Benefits- They looked to be good however part time workers don't get any.

Culture/Values- Poor

Job Security/Advancement- Great opportunity for advancement if one is willing to turn their head and not speak up when it comes to legalities or questioning of operations occurring that are not being conducted in an acceptable manner. Otherwise, insure you take proper steps prior to speaking up in an effort to protect yourself.

Management- Deceiving, aware of everything taking place and yet still unwilling to challenge legalities and personal moral values, a backstabber looking out for only themselves. Again legalities, values and ethics are missing.

Work/Life Balance- Probably the most over worked part time employee with no complaints. Having said that If one’s life is your work then the balance is fine. If on the other hand there is a life outside of work plan on adjusting.

One category is missing. In my opinion staff should be evaluated as well.

Staff- They either need their jobs so bad they are not willing to stand up for what they know is right or they
  more... simply don't care and have no moral values and professional ethics to speak of themselves. Backstabbing is witnessed on a daily basis.

A shame really. I was so proud to be working for a company like this until I discovered differently. Guess you could say I am one of the few that are willing to forgo a paycheck in order to stick with their own beliefs and still be able to sleep with myself at night.

With much sadness and pity for a company that preys on those who are vulnerable.

Yours Truly,
Former Employee
Pros
the glam & illusion
Cons
poor moral values and professional ethics and legalities
experience hell on earth
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  San RamonFebruary 12, 2014
I worked for lifestyle lift in San Ramon, Ca.
The management, if you could even call it that, was the WORST (and i've had bad supervisors).
Completely disorganized, We were always running around trying to find charts to check patients in. The Techs checked the patients in, went over pre-and post op instructions, medications etc even did the post-op check up and dressing change!!!- in my opinion something a nurse or doctor should be doing!
The Drs were HORRIBLE- especially the Dr you will be working with in San Francisco if you apply for this job. He's a complete you know what!!!!
Everyday we were forced to work overtime, without extra breaks or lunch even sometimes, A typical day would start at 4 am and wouldnt be able to leave until 5 or 6 or one day I didnt get out of there til 10pm- because the patient was orthostatic and throwing up and the dr couldnt be bothered to come back because he was having dinner with his family- yeah reall nice, right?
Anyways- just google lifestyle lift, im sure youll find PLENTY of reasons to RUN FAR FAR AWAY from this company
Pros
none- well 1- my 4 months of working there led me to my current job
Cons
compentsation was horrible, no breaks, long long hours, horrible management, horrible front office, horrible doctors
Horrible company
Patient Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTSeptember 18, 2013
I worked at Lifestyle lift for 6 months.. Wow!! What a waste of time.. They promised you can make 60 k easily as a sales consultant.. Ya right!! At $12 hr plus 2 % commission is not close of 60k.. Especially when the client comes in and don't even know what it is.. They think its a cream.. Those poor 75 year old lady coming in with no money.. They want us to force them to buy.. That is sick!! Especially when they hire a manager that has 0 experience in management but has an MBA..Wow!! Especially she was 28 years old immature telling dirty jokes and hanging out with the surgical techs... The sales team is the heart of the business , if we don't get treated like we are worth something no one will sell..the manager was degrading us, everyday putting us down.. Obviously the kid did not know how to manage a sales team, no Saturdays off even tho there was no clients, never two days off in a row, but she was always off on the weekend.. That's what a real manager does.. it's funny I guess she kissed the right butt because she is part if a regional team.. That sums it up.. They will always have opening at lifestyle lift because they don't care about the staff.. Don't do it!!!
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons.. nothing positive!!!
It could be a great job except management has no idea how to run a surgical center! Don't be surprised if next year they're no longer around!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 22, 2014
Read all the previously written negative reviews...all true!
When most of us read negative reviews by previous employees we assume they were fired and now they're disgruntled, well I was not. Managers do fire a lot but only because they feel challenged by anyone that tries to instll any kind of efficiency and care of patients in the practice.
If the doctors actually took over running the place and got rid of the many bone-head, so-called managers and assistant managers there would be hope that the surgery center and the nationwide company would survive. As of now they are so financially under water that the current employees, including the doctors, never know from day to day if they will get a pay check, or perhaps show up for work and everything is shut down! The company is awaiting restructuring by the banks, maybe then, with the newly added focus of patient safety, care, and customer service they could continue. As of now patient care and customer is unheard of!
Pros
good benefits, a small paycheck
Uplifting place to work.
Surgical Scheduler/Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 11, 2015
My day starts at 7am. I check the schedule to make sure everyone has been confirmed for their appointments. I relay any changes to the doctor and his team. I complete the financials from the previous day and submit to corporate. My day consists of scheduling patient’s appointments for their surgeries and all follow up appointments ensuring there are surgery rooms and technicians available for all procedures.
The work environment is very busy and professional however when the patients are gone my co-workers will go out to dinner to relax and sing karaoke. This includes the doctor and the center manager. It is a great way to team build.
The most difficult part of my job is trying to accommodate the patients when setting up their appointments. Everyone has such busy lives. Many of our patients come from the 5 state area and they need appointments back to back to limit the number of days they will spend in a hotel.
The absolute best part of my day is seeing the results on the patients after 8 weeks. I take out there before and after pictures and the results are amazing. They leave the office so appreciative and happy.
Pros
a wonderful center manager who believes in balancing your work and home life.
Cons
no room for growth, very small hierarchy.
Poorly managed, short or no breaks/lunch, short staffed
Surgical tech (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 17, 2012
What an awful place to work. I temped here as a surgical tech. We were the circulator & the scrub. They have such a high turn over because they do not pay a decent wage (said the co-workers), they over work you; you never know how long your day is until you go home, expected to come in on Saturday after working up to 50 hours, then they want you to be on call 6 days a week but don't pay call pay! Sometimes I wouldn't get lunch or a break until 1:00 & they always cut it short. Patient care isn't quality either because we were so short staffed, under trained, & doing a nurse's job most of the time.
Pros
saying you assist in face lifts
Cons
doesn't pay well, you are exhausted at the end of the day

Comment – October 5, 2012

The job description is out the scope of a surgical tech! LSL only has one RN on staff and you would be under that license. Nothing about indemnification from legal actions or required insurance.

nightmare job that uses unethical practices
client services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2014
I worked for the company for a couple of years
the doctor was unreasonable throwing instruments around the surgical suite , temper tantrums and basically refused to see patients for follow ups until forced. The management is a joke upper and the one in my specific office. I would have to deal with patients once the doctor botches the procedure.I was denied going back to school because the needs of the business were more important . I DO NOT suggest this company for anyone who wants to feel good about what they do when they sleep at night. Minimal job security based off of how many elderly people they can trick out of their money.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
horrible management, unrealistic work expectations, scare tactic
Amazing Company, amazing results, LOVE THIS PLACE!!
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 7, 2014
Lifestyle Lift is a wonderful company to work for. This job allows me to help people look and feel amazing...I totally love seeing our patients through from their initial consultation to their reveal. I have met some great people and learned so much. Our doctors are the best in facial plastic surgery, our prices are competitive, our results are outstanding. I don't think you will find a better place to go for any type of facial rejuvenation.

The benefits are more than fair, PTO is reasonable, salary is above average, work hours are great, company is very family focused and I could not be happier working here.
Pros
management, staff, patient care is priority, talented doctors
Cons
several changes in corporate structure but all for the better
One of the worst places I have ever worked!
Surgical (Former Employee) –  FLJuly 2, 2014
This place is an absolute joke. It is a money hungry corporation that will convince people to sell their soul for a face lift. Employees are over worked and under paid. Not to mention the jobs you are doing are out of your scope of practice. A lunch break is an absolute luxury if you get one, and forget about a full thirty minutes. Literally heard consultants tell people to take out and extra mortgage on their house, or sell their burial plaques for a face lift. It made me ashamed to call myself a healthcare worker. And absolute horrible management.
Pros
can't say there are any.
Cons
horrible management, over worked and underpaid/appreciated, doing work out of your scope of practice, a lot of false promises!
A great place to work at
Surgical Tech/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at the work place, two words, fast pace. You would learn how to assist the doctor in surgery. You would also learn how to use sterile and aseptic techniques. The management that I had when I was there were really cool people as of now I'm not sure who is there. My co-workers that I had at the time were great and even better friends. If I had to pick on the hardest thing for this job I would have to say, just remembering what each doctor likes on his surgical tray and his style of working. The most enjoyable part of it all is seeing the pt. get a great result.

Want to know more about Lifestyle Lift?

Ask a question
Revolving door of employees
Patient Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CaSeptember 4, 2014
I worked for Lifestyle Lift as a patient consultant. It was a nightmare! They have no regard for patients or employees, they are just after money. They do questionable surgery at best and most times the doctor is not involved in any follow up care. They want you to "sell" to homeless people that don't even know it is facial plastic surgery, most patients don't know that coming in either. They do a lot of fake advertising that is very misleading. The management is very poor and most employees don't get any breaks including lunch. My advise is to get a face lift from a private doctor and work somewhere else.
Pros
the patients and other employees
Cons
misleading, no breaks, bad management
Hands on, good envirnment to work at.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, Orange County, CAOctober 29, 2014
Do it all. Have the role of Surgical tech, EVS, Medical assistant and Nurse. Administer meds, Rx refills, Take vital signs and document them, Phone triage (call backs, apt confirmation), charting, pull/file charts, follow up appts with patients, suture removals, sterile processing, stock supplies, inventory. I enjoy working here, always busy doing things besides sx, have that personal relationship with patients out of sx. Work environment is pleasant, co workers and surgeons are great to talk and work with.
I truly have a passion for this business....helping people look and feel younger....there's nothing better.
Director Of Operations- Midwest Region (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX (Corporate employee Troy, Michigan)March 18, 2014
I learned that the success of your center/business really depends alot on the happiness of your team. Employee happiness is of key importance in any business.

The hardest part of my job was the travel, being away from my family. But I did it for so many years because I was so passionate about what we did and how we made people feel.
Pros
the one on one relationship with our patients
Cons
in order to grow within the organization, travel was required of over 50%
Growing without necessary help
Lead Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYOctober 16, 2012
Working for lifestyle lift as the sole consultant was a challenge I enjoyed. I met some of the finest surgeons in New York and still have a strong relationship with one of them to this very day. The issue with the Lifestyle Lift at that time, (now they have changed the verbage to their procedure) was they marketed the LSL incorrectly and patient were irate. It was marketed as a procedure that was permenant, took only one hour and you could go to work the very next day which was totally impossible. This lead to alot of patient complaints that I was telling false information.
Pros
great doctors to work for.
Cons
false advertisement
A Typical Day
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 3, 2014
A typical day at Lifestyle Lift consists of handle client phones calls and scheduling them for free consultations within one of offices across the USA. I provide callers with information about what Lifestyle Lift is and what the company is abut, the procedures offered, and attempt to schedule the clients for a free consultation. Also, promotions are always going on and I provide the clients with the current promotion details, and with it includes.If a client schedules a consult I handle providing them with expert directions to the office.
Pros
co-workers, learned great sales skills
Cons
short breaks, sometimes long workdays with odd work hours
Company Growing Quickly, Fun Work Environment, 70+ Locations
HR (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeMay 8, 2013
Great co-workers and good potential for career growth if you are a strong performer. This company has over 70 locations. As with any workplace, your job satisfaction will depend largely on your supervisor's leadership style as well as your own ability to do your job well. Overall, the company makes a strong effort to deliver great results and to take good care of the Patients. A good place to work if you are professional, treat others with respect and kindness, follow the rules (and show up for work), and if you actually like to work. If you don't enjoy the work you do, this probably isn't the place for you.
Lifestyle Lift was a great company to work for
Manager Houston Office (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2015
You don't get many chances to love what you do and are able to change people's lives. Patient care and satisfaction was a top priority. Each office is unique with amazing talent to come together and provide a procedure that can make such a positive impact in your life. There were so many happy stories. Best part of the job was to see the difference in their before and after pictures. To know that you were able to truly help someone.
Good Job if your not planning on advancing
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque NMDecember 9, 2013
The responsibility there was nice, as a Surgical Technologist, we usually only deal with our instruments and the immediate surgery but at Lifestyle Lift we worked as the Circulating Nurse, Surgical Technologist and Medical Assistant. The surgeon was extremely hard to work with. Very demanding and couldn't do things by himself, as a tech you had to know even more than you already know. Communication was horrible and Sterile Technique was completely absent.
Pros
salary was nice
Cons
short lunch and working with a difficult surgeon
Surgical Technologist in downtown miami
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2014
Assisting in surgical procedures. Prepping for daily duties & communicating with patients. Learning & working hands on with professional facial plastic surgeons. Amazing staff.
Pros
working with the latest technology in facial rejuvination, making people feel good about their appearance
Cons
too much competition in this market within the miami area, an over-saturation of options for plastic surgery in south florida, not enough patients coming in to keep the location open, so they chose to close the office after 3 yrs.
Challenging and revenue driven facial plastic surgery company
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 18, 2013
Lifestyle Lift is a facial plastic surgery company marketing to middle class America.

Positives: Training, Advancement opportunities

Challenges: Hours; Metrics demands

Lifestyle Lift aims to effect a positive change on people who feel challenged personally and emotionally by aging. They give positive, cost-effective solutions to those who do not have or those who do not wish to expend money on more expensive means of addressing the realities of aging.
Pros
training
Cons
pto; family