Position Summary -The Manager/Full Time Sales Associate is responsible for supervising, directing, and training store staff, having strong product knowledge, customer service and understanding store operations. This position will set goals for the team and drives customer service in order to maximize sales. Oversees and is accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage. Looking to hire ASAP.
· Participate in recruiting, hiring, training and development of high quality staff.
· Supervise staff and oversee entire store when appointed manager on duty.
· Oversee that the store staff follows all store opening and closing standards.
· Administer store payroll including scheduling when necessary.
· Analyze retail traffic and conversion data to utilize resources to react to current and past sales trends and maximize future sales.
· Increase sales by driving business in the store and assist with grassroots marketing.
· Monitor staffing daily and make adjustments based upon changes to external business factors.
· General awareness of overall local sales environment, competition and newest products and communicate those facts to the buying team.
· Interact and resolve more complex customer interactions.
· Collaborate with visual merchandising team on completing merchandising initiatives and maintain high standards of visual presentation and overall brand experience in regards to signage, displays, sales floor organization, product placement and fixtures.
· Oversee store cleanliness (sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, etc).
· Handle minor maintenance issues such as replacing light bulbs, and work with facilities team to resolve other maintenance issues.
· Maintain inventory and stock. Oversee daily product shipments and ensure that product is placed in correct locations and that stock levels are adequate and are not left in back stock.
· At least one year of retail experience.
· Proven leadership and motivational abilities.
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced customer service environment.
· Superior customer and employee relations skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills –especially email.
· College Degree is preferred.
· Past experience with retail systems such as point of sale, traffic analysis and time & attendance is preferred.
· A passion for sports as a participant, competitor, and/or spectator is a plus.
· Knowledge of athletic clothing and athletic equipment is a must.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Must be open to learning new business initiatives.
· Must have knowledge in the team business industry.
Looking to hire ASAP. Please send your resume if interested or call Andrew or Mike @ 516-781-8070. Thank You!