Lifetime Assistance Inc. Employee Reviews

Great team work with all CLIs
Community Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 25, 2015
A hectic work environment. Learned patience in this company. Management needed more communication. My co-workers were always willing to help out when and wherever needed. The hardest part of this job: not a very functional layout of the home. Most enjoyable: a lot of teamwork and games with the residents
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management team was undesirable
Great benefits,
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2014
A typical day would be data entry, filing, making phone calls, taking care of co workers questions and concerns regarding work related situations in different departments of the Agency. Was in charge of all procedures of check run for approximately 200 checks per week.
Learned to be more detailed in my work, The hardest part of my job I would say was to make sure the purchase orders were complete to enter in the system. Sometimes there was paper work not quit finished so I had to complete the purchase order as needed. Not that it was hard, it was more of a challenge which is what I love to do I loved seeing the residents come in to the business office.They are happy and appreciate life. I miss working with them. They are exceptional people.

I'm eager to get back in the working field and doing my best for your Company. Please give me the opportunity to show you.

Pros
bonuses
Cons
can let you go anytime!
Productive, fun workplace
Relief Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 8, 2014
The hardest part of this job is knowing that there are people who need so much help with simply day to day stuff. Some having family but do not support them in any way. The best thing about this job is knowing u helped someone in there time of need. As like any job the co-worker can be rude and some can be nice. I've learned that there are people in the world that cant do basic thing so i should not complain about the small things.
Pros
helping the consumers as they need it.
Cons
management wanting you to do your job and theirs.
It is what you make it.
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2014
This job is extremely demanding and take a toll on your mentally. The culture of the upper management is particularly unorganized, and miss communication happens often.
Pros
flexiabilty
Cons
micromanagement
great place to work
Relief Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 14, 2014
helping people with disabilities with everyday living tasks, meal preps
Pros
working with disabled
Cons
hours and pay
Assisted living
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Town of Chili, NYMay 2, 2014
• Provide individual and group programming to adults with developmental disabilities
• Assist adults with daily living skills
• Work with clinical staff to determine skill areas needed
• Personal advocate for group home individual
• Medication certified, SCIP trained, and van certified
Excellent job for students
Community Living Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 12, 2013
A great job to hold as a college student, it's flexibility in hours and atmosphere of teamwork allow easy integration into job sites and ability to continue working in between and during semesters. We care for individuals with mental and physical disabilities, providing a morally rewarding service. Management is concerned about staff who work there and provide direction and support. Your coworkers become close to you as you create a caring and safe environment for the individuals and team work is essential. The most difficult part of the job is the stress levels associated with direct support positions.
Pros
meals provided free on shift, extensive benefits, large accrual of pto hours
Cons
mental and physical stress and exhaustion, low pay
Making a difference matters
Community Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 1, 2013
Very challenging Job, but in a good way!
Problem solving skills and compassion are a must for this type of job.
Very rewarding.
Pros
making a difference is fun
Cons
challenging behavioirs
team work in a day habilitation program
Community Integration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 30, 2012
Work friendly environment, based on client needs. Integrating clients into community
fun
Community living instructor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 16, 2012
can be a hard job. can be fun. the company is very understanding.
Great place to work if your the type of person who honestly enjoy helping others
IRA CLI (Current Employee) –  Rochester,NYJanuary 9, 2012
The only reason I gave a 4 star to benefits is because my 10 years experience with elderly persons wasn't take in to consideration as experience... Instead of debating I took a big pay cut, but have no regrets
Pros
very relaxed setting, bonuses! and outings
Cons
paid time off and vacation are the same time