Lifetime Assistance Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice Agency to work for
Assistant Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 3, 2018
The enjoyment and satisfaction is why I go to work each day. The individuals we serve at this agency are one of a kind. They will and can definitely make anyone's day. They are the highlight of the agency
Lifetime
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Lifetime is just like ARC but more advanced, I had to change people who had accidents. I had to feed them and make sure they were doing their goals and objectives
Pros
The people
Cons
Hours
Excellent management/ job advancement a plus
Family Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2017
Hello,
I worked for Lifetime Assistance for 2 years and I feel that the management is excellent. They are understanding and compassionate. After having my job for only 3 months, I broke my ankle, they were helpful and understanding about the time I was to be out due to surgery and medical appointments. I was out of work for 3 months and I had no fear that I would lose my job. They walked me through the FML process and ensured that I dotted all my I's and crossed all my T's. I recommend working for them as they are very friendly and helpful.
Another plus is that they like to hire within the agency. I really like that they focus on their employees.
Very good place to work.
Pros
Great management/ PTO/ benefits are pretty good/ PTO Accrues quickly after one year of employment
Cons
no sick days, PTO ( paid time off) is used when sick and considered "unplanned" and counted against employee, After 3 unplanned in a 6 month period you faced discipline, sick days need to be added to their benefits.
lifetime
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 14, 2017
Its a great opportunity to work with people with developemental disabilities. Great place to work if you love to work with other people! They offer advancement in the job and always are there to help you.

Pros
Putting smiles on other peoples faces

Cons
We could get paid a little more for the work and what situations we are put
Very fun to place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  3316 chili aveAugust 31, 2017
Pros
Putting smiles on other peoples faces
Cons
We could get paid a little more for the work and what situations we are put in
Good place to work.
Senior Residence Manager/QIDP (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy the work that I did. The people that I work for a very knowledgeable and very supportive. The way to pay was competitive for the environment and there is lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Extended paid training
Cons
Lots of training
Great benefits
QIDP (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 1, 2017
Good company. Does great work for individuals with developmental disabilities. Sometimes short staffed so extra hours may have to be worked. A lot of room for advancement.
Caring for those that cannot care for themselves
Direct Support Staff, Awake Night Staff (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJune 21, 2017
This is very rewarding work. People with developmental disabilities are very special and deserve the best. This is a good place to work. I would be willing to work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Not really any way to promote
Lots of vacation time, flexible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2017
Good place to work, advancement great until a certain level, raises hard to come by. Population fun and fulfilling. Atmosphere challenging at time and based on certain places.
Benefits
Cons
Raises hard to come by
Nice place to work-go to basketball games, hockey games. shopping and more.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYMay 4, 2017
My typical day. I go in and I am either doing medications or picking our people up from program or prepping dinner.
Our consumers come home from program-work and they relax like we do and prepare for the evening. We assist them with the everyday living skills. This may entail having a shower or changing into the leisure wear, which then follows the Ellen D show. This is a favorite show everyday as well as family feud. Our consumers also like to go on outings, such as too Good Will and five below. Our consumers like to eat their meals in shifts and family style. Family style is where we all sit down and serve ourselves with assistance from staff. Sometimes people get heated up when they are or are having a not so ok day and they need a little reassurance from staff. Otherwise the days are good.
Pros
free lunch and dinner, healthcare is ok
Cons
short breaks
Awesome!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2017
I enjoy working for Lifetime. My individuals are awesome and my coworkers are great! Management though wasn't always up to par. There were times of disorganization and miscommunication. I also experienced some favoritism, which affected my hours worked which was a nuisance to myself. It also seemed management woud blame staff for their own mistake instead of owning up, as well as ask you to work a shift and not confirm with you the day of. otherwise, it's a pretty good job.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
This was a very rewarding job.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Chili Center, NYApril 25, 2017
I worked with individuals who were disabled. The staff was great. The hours I worked were ideal. Althpugh, I didn't really take a lot of time off, it was available. At the time, many years ago, the benefits were great. The pay, however, was not at all competitive, which was,my,main reason for leaving.
Productive and Easy Going Environment
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 21, 2017
A typical day would be cleaning and also preparing meals.
Taking the individuals out for some personal time. I learned you have to have a lot of patience only because you are not dealing with a normal household. Everyday is a great learning experience because of every individuals attitude and personality.
Pros
Onsite Training
Cons
Having to be fulltime in order to obtain full benefits
Good company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2017
This is a good company, some of the employees are relatively immature at times. The individuals that are served in the home are the continued reason that I show up for work. Great managers, by far they are some of the best managers that I have had ever.
Team environment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 3, 2017
Able to use my skills and ability to assist the team. Supervision is approachable. I have just started work here and am unable to provide more feedback at this time.
Always a pleasure to walk into work.
Assistant Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2017
It is always a pleasure to walk into work. It is a fast paced fun environment. Co-workers really help the day go by, everyone is willing to help you when you need it.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Wiorking Enviroment
Community Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 29, 2016
Could be different from day to day, could be with the residents at the house which were Autistic kids, or you could be in the Med room to administrate medications. A day working with the residents is eventful and consists of getting them ready an off to school, getting them off the bus, doing a variety of different activities with the residents in the evening which could consist of reading a book, going for a walk, going to a sporting event, concert, etc...
Pros
The Residents they are the sweetest
Cons
N/a
fun
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 26, 2016
helped individuals with daily living skills and teaching them basic living skills

able to go out and do fun things and still earn a pay check as long as the individuals are incorporated
Team Work Required
Community Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 26, 2016
This job requires alot of team work. The agency is a great agency to work for. They offer health benefits and opportunity for growth when available. You just need to be a Team Player.
A great place to work with individuals with Special Needs
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2016
A typical work day was greeting each individual as they entered the building assisting them as they worked on their daily goals, assisting them when needed, in getting ready to go out into the community for their volunteer jobs. Transporting them to their volunteer jobs, monitoring, role modeling and providing assistance when need to do the job successfully.
Eating lunch with the individuals and assisting them in finishing their goals for the day. Saying good by to each individual as they left to go home. Entering each goal the individual worked on for the day, what job they went to and the outcome of their work while at the job in the data base. After all the individuals were gone, sanitize all tables and chairs. 1 or 2 days a week transport 2 individuals home.

I learned it's very important to integrate individuals with Special needs into the community.

Management (Supervisors) needed to get out into the community with the individuals every known and than to really learn what they could and could not do.

My co-workers, once they learned the individuals they were ok. this job was all about the individuals and their needs

The hardest part of the job was when there was very little or no communication from the management (Supervisor) to the Direct Support Professionals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when an individual achieved a goal or accomplished a task that they thought they couldn't do.
Pros
Seeing the indiviuals achieve their goals
Cons
short lunches and hardly no breaks unless you were a smoker