Lifetime Care Employee Reviews

Good job if you enjoy taking care of others
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYJanuary 20, 2017
The company overall would be a great place to work if they worked on their management skills. I enjoy my job at lifetime care. The hours and scheduling is exactly what I was looking for. I have a strong passion for caring for others so the job was a match for me.
Pros
Some benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
Management is garbage
Mangement was not compassionate at all
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Worked for the for 3 years. Went blind in my right eye, found out I had multiple sclerosis while pregnant. I took it pretty hard and was out for three months as soon as I came back I was fired for the doctor taking me out so long. And was told because of that I was unreliable.
Pros
My clients were amazing and was very understanding
Cons
Not enough work or pay. Managment is very mean (Linda)
Great place to work, its like you are part of a family
Clinical Health Nurse and Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 26, 2016
I loved working here, it was like I was part of a family. I was very supported and felt like management really cared about me not only in my role as an employee but also as a human being outside of work. Everyone worked really well together as a team, and I was really sad to have to leave this company and move to FL.
Lifetime care
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 12, 2016
This is the company that gave me my start! Nurses I worked with were exceptional. My supervisor was wonderful. Didn't have enough work for me. Loved the patients I took care of!
Decent workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYJune 23, 2016
Lifetime Care provides flexibility in your career path. From education to case management to computer specialization, there is a position for anyone.
Great place to work at
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 11, 2016
Lifetime is a excellent company where you can make your own schedule that works for you. I like the fact that the nurses listen to you if you're having a problem on the job.
Great support and help among staff
Hospice Nurse/Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2016
Great place to work and take care of aging population. Use assessment skills, support from upper management, co-workers, and to experience true meaning of hospice care.
Pros
Support, ongoing education opportunities, and personal growth
Cons
Ongoing documentation after work day is done. Eight hr day turns into 12 hr day, don`t get behind, as you have to start next days work, and start your documentation once again.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYMay 26, 2016
Managment is great. Teamwork is important. Working autonomously, independently is a must. Flexible. Hardest part of the job is being able to seperate work from home. Often work comes home with you.
Very Good
Home health aide (Former Employee) –  newark, nyOctober 12, 2015
they always made sure i had work up until i moved which was understandable since lifetime care wasnt as popular and well known where i moved to
Pros
always had hours
Cons
moved away and left with no hours
Hospice Nurse manager
Hospice Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Rochester New YorkSeptember 10, 2015
I managed mostly the medical issues arising during my residents time on hospice. I worked in long term care facilities traveling between them. Pain and anxiety were often topics to consider. I did my own research and then worked with others to provide the best care.
Great people working toward a great cause.
Manager, Creative Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 3, 2015
The downturn in the economy has taken its toll on non profits. Management and people have changed a lot over the past 6 years. However the mission of Lifetime Care is close to my heart. The nurses and services that they provide are outstanding.
Pros
Great people
Cons
financial issues
Dedicated, productive, and professional management and co-workers
Occupational Therapist Registered (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 5, 2015
Excellent employer
The best part of my job was working with dedicated, professional responsible,and personable rehab team co-workers on my rehab team
Na
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2015
I like the job just not enough pay for me.I make enough each week for gas and thats it. So Im in the process of trying to expand my horizons,and recieve more for my hard work and certified skills. Furnished upon interview
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
great agency
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 9, 2014
rewarding job, great management and adequate training provided to make me feel secure in doing my job correctly and to NYS standards
Wonderful Co-Workers
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Human ResourcesFebruary 19, 2014
Everyone at Lifetime care is helpful and goes above and beyond their job duties to help each other. Flexable work schedule. Fun activities. Craft shows, 50/50 raffels. All the procedes go to the Employee hard ship fund.
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
Cost of Benefits
Great Culture - Amazing management and co-workers!
Lead Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 17, 2014
I have been with Lifetime Care (formerly GRHC) for 11 years and I wouldn't trade my experience for anything. I have been given multiple learning opportunities, both onsite and offsite, and have been afforded the chance to advance in my chosen field. Ours' is a culture where careers thrive, where management is supportive and where co-workers are team-oriented and fun to work with.

The hardest part of my job is leaving my work at work. The most enjoyable part is coming to work every day.
Pros
Great co-workers, supportive management, advancement opportunties
Cons
Standard cost-share medical insurance. Other than that, none.
Supportive and well-developed agency that offers many growing opportunities.
Palliative/Hospice Care Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 24, 2013
Wonderful agency to work for! The atmosphere is relaxing and family oriented. Co-workers are supportive and management is clearly there to help within the social work dept.
Difficult to get individual assistance needed for proper training in your field
Hospice Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  WintonNovember 23, 2013
1. Poor training. Preceptors that were assigned were not qualified or licensed to train in the field that I practiced in.
2. Place is very large and difficult to learn all the area needed to be successful.
3.Expectations not clear, New hire training not appropriate for the each professions.
4.Computer training lacking much of the training related to policy and procedure .

What it boils down to is the company likes to give the impression that they CARE as many of the home care agencies like to believe they do until you talk with the people that work out in the field..

BUT it boils down to its all about productivity, quantity, not the quality of visits of each professional dealing with many of the patients in their homes the chronically ill or dying.
Okay to work for.
TEAM MEDICAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 5, 2013
Phone answering and appointment scheduling.

Management was all out for the nursing not other employees

A great deal of jealousy among co-workers.Gossip.

Hardest part was getting up and going to work.
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
pay
Rn
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYAugust 21, 2013
Lifetime Care took on to many areas at one time and the new employees were with several different trainers and working several different counties during the training process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetime Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Lifetime Care Reviews by Location