Lifetouch

Lifetouch Employer Reviews

Challenging and rewarding
Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 17, 2015
I provide my customers with a memory of their child or family that will last a lifetime. I get to work and train with a staff that is respectful and makes my job rewarding.
Hard work but rewarding for the right person
Photographer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: paid drive time and gas
Cons: weekly schedule not posted until friday before
A typical day starts around 4 am so you can drive 1 to 2 hours to a school and be there by 6:30 am. You unload a studio, set it up and by 8 am, you begin taking portraits of children. By 2 or 3 pm, you finish up the 200-300 students and teachers and tear down the studio, load the car and drive 1 to 2 hours home. It's hard work, with teachers and parents always telling you that you are not a professional photographer. But as a general rule, if you go into it with a good attitude and a smile, you will have a fun day with the kids. Some of the photographers are truly talented and great to be with and learn from. Some of them are not. You need to love photography and be a people person to enjoy this job.

Compensation is minimal. Drive time is paid but only at minimum wage. Some days, you'll make more money driving than working. If you need a steady income, this is not the job for you. There are long layoff periods and inconsistent weekly hours.
Excellent Business with a passion for photography and a true value for their people.
District Manager (Former Employee), NC/SCJanuary 30, 2015
Lifetouch is an employee owned company that has a true passion for the photography business and their people. A major part to Lifetouch's success to having the largest market share in photography is due to it's willingness to adapt to change. They realize that in order to stay in the forefront, they have to be willing to invest in the future. This can be a challenge for someone who does not adapt well to change. If you are a creative individual would describe yourself as an out of the box thinker, Lifetouch would be a great career choice for you.
Photography
SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Going to different schools everyday unless a school called for multiple days at same location, capture professional quality photographs of students and faculty. Answer questions regarding purchasing.
Making memories in a high energy portrait studio!
Studio Manager, Studio Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis area, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, good hours, fun environment
Cons: high pace, work alone frequently
Typical days at work are steady and high energy working with guests and their children. The day starts with checking them in when they arrive for their appointment, gathering information from them regarding their hopes and expectations, all while making professional suggestions and connecting with the guest. While in the camera room I am meeting company set guidelines for photography, then viewing and ordering with guest using a structured sales process. Management duties include all of the above, plus coaching and training my team to help them grow. Meeting and exceeding company labor margin goals and customer service goals are also very important.

I have been fortunate enough to have strong leaders to guide and teach me. They have been true business owners who want to grow their business. My fellow studio managers have changed over the years, but we have always had a very tight team, which is something that I would take with me no matter where I am working. This job has taught me how to deal with various types of people with different personalities. You can't work with each guest the same, everyone is different. That is one of the hardest parts of the job. What I learned is that a smile can get you a long way. If you smile and give someone your attention you have already won half of the battle. That being said, I'm an advocate for amazing guest service and making sure that the experience is the best it can be. This is a place where moments in time are captured, it is pretty magical! Those are the moments that you remember, the newborn that smiled, the scared child that finally sat down, the large family portrait for grandma, those moments stick with you forever.
Fast Paced Fun work Place
Studio Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Lifetouch is a great company with good benefits. They are an Employee Owned Company which has some great benfits.
Engaging and Fantastic atmosphere to thrive & develop
Studio Manager Flash Digital Portraits (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work is never boring. There are always new customers and children that we meet, interact with, and photograph. Each person/family has a story to be told or a precious moment they are sharing with us so we can capture it for them to cherish for generations to come. I learned sales. I learned what it means to exceed expectations. My coworkers were always supportive, We always had a team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is keeping your smile and energy up when you are absolutely tired at the end of a saturday during Christmas peak.

The relationships that you will build are priceless.
Great work experiance with every day challenges on inside maintenance
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: doing plumbing, carpentry, some mig welding, and rebuids of equipment.
Hour were great, job was steady and advancement possible. Always had challenges to keep you busy. maintenance work was preventive to assure the prolong up keep of production. I was responsible for all production machinery's preventive maintenance. Typed up all aspects of job from weekly to annuls per machine. By utilizing manuals and parts diagrams.
Would be a great job if training was better planned.
photographer (Former Employee), syracuse new yorkJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: not really any being seasonal except they do well in paying for gas in your car.
Cons: no breaks not too much compassion from management
The team of photographers I worked with were the best part of the job .I worked as seasonal school photographer. I believe management did their best but just didn't have the ability to take on all that was expected of them which resulted in rudeness , unfair treatment to fellow associates etc. Example photographing down stairs in a high school music aud with no cool air on a hot summer day with 90 degree temp and sales manager not allowing photographer who has been on her feet for several hours to take a break just to get a drink of water.
I enjoyed being in a different sotre everyday and liked the people who worked under me
District Manager (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: home office and never in the same location everyday
Cons: worked 6 days a week during holidays for 6 weeks every year
I was responsible for 19 location and 140 employees. Traveled everday a worked in a different loccsation on a daily basis. As a district manager I had a lot of support from upper management and was in the top three district every year out of 41 districts, I really enjoyed working with my employees face to face on a daily basis as well as coach them and develope them.
Lifetouch is an emloyee owned and operated, high quality portrait studio business
Manager of Target Abington Portrait Studio (Former Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great stock options if you stay longterm as an employee
Great stock options for long term employees on the management level. Really high quality photographic products and services.
Terrific lighting systems. Great services and products. A people
oriented company.
A fun place to sharpen your photography skills
Portrait Photographer and Sales (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Excellent if you are flexible. Duties include:

-Analyze and create unique concepts for portrait photography.
-Top sales producer.
-Enhance and produce superior quality imagery through image utility.
-Manage and upkeep studio in prestige appearance.
-Use various up-to-date photographic techniques, lighting and camera equipments.
Productive and a very great environment to work.
Photographer (Former Employee), Fairfield, NJJanuary 6, 2015
A day with the LifeTouch team was amazing. They provided their photographers with unlimited snacks once we got back to the office. Participated in different photo contest and the co-workers are very helpful and fun to be around. There was also times where we went out to eat. The most enjoyable part was everything.
Seasonal but can be a career
Production Auto pack Driver (Former Employee), chesapeake.vaDecember 30, 2014
Pros: learn differnet skills
Cons: seasonal
Good Job , Busy ,seasonal and fast pace, diverse people, Good Managers very strict policies, overall if you make to become permeate your good
Photo studio
Manager/ Field trainer (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 16, 2014
Fast paced and fun environment with multi task company! a great place to learn a new trade on the job!
A fun workplace
Photographer (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 1, 2014
The environment was great awesome team to work with and the job was excellent was able to make kids smile and enjoy there photos.
Fun work enviorment
SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee), Kent, WANovember 21, 2014
Pros: free elephant ears and corn
Cons: short breaks
A day a work consisted of making elephant ears or strawberry deserts and talking to new people, i learned how to make elephant ears at home! Management was awesome, my co workers were great, really nice and fun to work with. Hardest part was the weather ad the most enjoyable part was meeting and converting with new people as in the customers everyday.
not enough work or pay to pay my bills
Portrait Photographer (Current Employee), San Jacinto, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: giving the best customer service
Cons: not enough work and low pay
drive to shoot, photograph and customer service. management is lack luster but my co-workers are the best. Long distance driving. Making my clients smile and laugh. We can't make plans because we get called at a moment notice. we are on commission only and don't know what we get paid week to week.
Not that great
Call Representative (Former Employee), Muncie, INNovember 17, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: everything else
10-12+ hours mandatory if you say open availability, no advancement, supervisors unwilling to work with you if sick.
Fast Pace Photography Job
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 7, 2014
Pros: fast moving, fun
Cons: pay, sometimes overbooked
The mornings and evenings were typically busier than afternoons. I usually spent most of my day in a camera room or showing and selling photos. Happy, fast paced working environment. You do get sick a lot being around young children, but after the first year your immune system gets used to it. Some children are easier to make smile and pose than others. Overall very rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lifetouch

When it is picture day at school, and the kids are all lined up with scrubbed faces, odds are that their grins are directed at – Read more