Lifetouch Employee Reviews in United States

It could be better
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYApril 5, 2016
During the busy season it is very stressful which includes long hours. Pay is not great, biweekly and getting a raise is not annually. It is a seasonal job laid off for at least 2 months out of the year.
Pros
Great co workers in department
Cons
seasonal lay offs for at least 2 months out of the year
The kind of job you accept until something better comes along.
Portrait photographer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2016
It's a commission based job. Compensation is uneven, and often very, very low. The job was photographing families for church directories. It's a "bait and switch" offer. The company offers a free family portrait to get families to come in for a sitting, then a salesman attempts to sell them a package of extra pictures.

Company management was out of touch with what the customers wanted, pressuring the photographers to produce content that wasn't consistent with what families wanted to buy.

They also couldn't keep the photographer/salesman teams scheduled full-time.
Pros
Pleasant work
Cons
Can't make a living
Co-workers great, pay/management need help
prepress (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2015
The people and the relaxed atmosphere they create are the main reasons to work there. The only other positive is that you have to be willing to learn new skills constantly otherwise your stay will be short lived generally. The work is hard because of deadlines and quotas. Minimal tolerance for family situations/emergencies. Overworked during the season and not much time for seasonal employees to earn unemployment funds to justify working there. Generally they can be flexible with overtime schedule but attendance is critical. At times management can be challenging and not always willing to listen to employee concerns. I wish the family atmosphere they tried to promote was all year round. Pay scale and raise adjustment qualifications needs overhaul.
Pros
coworkers, overtime, learn new skills, pay scale
Cons
Too much overtime, pay scale, lacking empathy for employee concerns
Simple job
Senior customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN 47304March 31, 2016
Although I can't complain about the pay and the work load was rather simple, I suppose my only true complaint about this company comes down to its high turn over rate compared to advancement. I was employed with them for some time even though I had ran out of my "tardy" points while my roomate who was trained in more systems was fired immediately after his medical problems toned down. The work was quite easy. Simply file out orders and correct others mistakes.

The day in and outs of simply being called a moron I could handle. The beginning of the year hours drop out as most students go home for the breaks. (the entire basic staff is filled with Ball State Students) Myself, being a 19 year old, was placed on the list as a student, EVEN though my supervisor was informed many times I was not a student and had bills to pay, I received no hours. I simply couldn't pick up hours because I was not able to be trained on any new systems. Simply nothing happened. Eventually with rent being due I found new employment elsewhere. Where I was trained on all systems upon request.
Pros
self starters, own break timing, easy training, simple work, free photos
Cons
horrible management, high turnover rate, lack of advancement, different managers with different "rules"
could use better management to schedule better
Photography Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 10, 2015
Family portraits are not as popular as they were when I first started. Enjoyed meeting the people and taking their pictures and selling them a quality product. Lifetouch stopped offering benefits after I had been there 10 years. It seems that the management could utilize people with my skills in a better managed time situation than part time.
Pros
when you're not on schedule for a whole week, the company allows you to collect unemployment
Cons
pay is very low, $25-$30, and I was one of the top 7 in the country for 10 years.
Fun coworkers but horrible management
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJFebruary 24, 2016
This job had many elements to it. Some were pleasing but most were not.
A typical day was waking up at 4-5 in the morning to drive to your assigned school. Once you find someone let you into the building. You start setting up your equipment. Once set up you begin taking pictures. Some kids are nice and some are mean but almost all if the staff are rude. Rinse and repeat until the day is done. No lunch break most days and a rushed, almost panic enducing, schedule.
Honestly, I was ok with all of this. It kept me busy and working. What killed my enjoyment of this job was the management. My branch was all owned by one family. One would think it would add to the family environment. It did not. I was sick one day and needed to see the doctor and one of the family had to cover for me. I was then barraged by texts and calls about if was I really sick by at least two of the management. I did what I needed and provided a note but I was treated with contempt and distrust from that day onward.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No lunch break most days, distrustful management
Fun Place to Work
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HIFebruary 24, 2016
The environment and employees are such team players. There was never a dull moment working there and every minute was a learning experience, even in times of stress. There was always something to do which made it seem very productive and time went by quickly.
You could definitely tell that the management cared about their employees and did what they possibly could to make sure the employees knew that.
EVERYTHING was enjoyable about this job. I think that hardest part of the job was trying to sell or recommend products to guests because there's so many options to choose from.
Productive, fun working environment
Dual Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day at my job includes opening and closing the register, handling customers with care. Taking portraits and selling them. Answering all calls and confirming the next couple of days. I also grade photography and coach other employees on how to improve. I help train new hires, and try to help everyone grow as a better photographer/sales associate. I believe the management is run smoothly since I am currently the Assistant Manager and I help with management tasks ;). The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are not satisfied, and working during Christmas time. The most enjoyable part of it is capturing moments that can be looked at for many years to come. To capture something special for someone to have and to hold for the rest of their life. To work with many adorable children and babies, and to be able and make them laugh and giggle at my silly jokes.Photography will always be a passion of mine, for the words it speaks and for what the eyes of the photographer captures when photographing.
A very unorganized company
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 4, 2015
My co-workers are usually very nice. Management is in very poor condition, and any opportunity for advancement is non-existent. I have had the opportunity to learn a very wide variety of computer programs. Google Chrome and the Google community/network is the largest/main system we use. I dislike the lack of team-work at times. But, I am very happy with the friendships I have built with several co-workers.
Great potential for novice photographers
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be to set up equipment and the studio. Also photographing clients, designing their sessions and selling packages.
I learned how to be a manager.
Management was involved, but revolving.
My co-workers loved what they did, but were not always reliable.
The hardest part was dealing with unruly or unhappy clients.
The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of being able to resolve conflict and keep my clients coming back due to my diligence.
Pros
Working in a fun, creative environment with exceptional peopple.
Cons
Unreliable management
Had fun woking with the kids
Dual Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  JCP Portrait Studio N.L.R. ArJanuary 10, 2016
Checking reports, sitting up for the day to Photo. customers service. Photographing, selling ,meeting customers need's. Responsibility was something I learned. I was the manager, there was no one else
there to see over me. I did schedules, making sure timekeeping was done, reviews. I had to grow the business and hire team members and train them. Had goals to meet, sitting goals for team members. I started Dual Manager the last year and half with the company that was hard getting use to after have only one studio for several years. I enjoy Photo. I like working with kids and just people. There was a lot of fun with the team member and having that feeing of achieve our goals.
Pros
it was like my own business, JCP discount
Cons
Great Benefits, photography is something I enjoy, being able to make decisions on growing the business
Not so great work envoirment
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 30, 2015
I get to the studio and open up and get the camera going for the day. And I will go through the appointments for the day and wait for them to come, I will answer the phone when people call, and help them through whatever they call for. And once my appointments show up, I take them into the camera room and then we do a shoot and come out to the computer where I create certain things and help them decide with what they would like to purchase. All my co workers are becoming new people so I don't really have much time to interact with them. The management isn't all the way there, she takes her personal like out on the employees, and doesn't do well under stress which is taking a hit on the company. I love taking pictures, and I love creating pieces of work that will be a huge memory in peoples lives forever. The hardest part is that the management is taking it out on me and not communicating with me.
Pros
I get to do what I love
Cons
It's a stressful environment
Fun Job, not enough pay for the workload
STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2015
I enjoy working for Lifetouch. I get to meet and photograph enthusiastic young school age children up to Senior portraits. I am part of a very dynamic and fun team to work with that always brings the energy and positive attitude to get through many young clients desiring quality photographs of themselves and for their parents. School photography is priceless so I understand their philosophy and trademark look of a near 100 year old photography company that is the standard for the majority of schools across the nation.
Pros
Great staff, driving compensation and overtime. Working alongside other professional photographers.
Cons
Heavy lifting of older studio gear that has technical issues that slow work flow. Not enough income.
Great people to work with
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 6, 2016
Fun job talking to people all over the country. Great work atmosphere and best people to work with. Management kept you informed of what was going in the company. Did not have to contribute to the retirement plan. It was paid for by the company.
Pros
People
Cons
Two layoffs a year, low pay and unaffordable health insurance.
unique job, great co-workers, new location and faces daily
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Kansas and MissouriJune 28, 2016
Early mornings 5 am typical, Lots of travel over two states. Some overnights required. New faces and locations daily. You haul 200 pounds of equipment with you. You will be on your feet, walking and moving and lifting for at least 8 hours a day. Organize with parent helpers and school staff photo day flow.
Great fellow co workers and team.
Have to have up beat and happy attitude for smilie kids.
Taking photos of kids getting that smile that the parents love.
Gas an oil changes paid for by company
Hotels when traveling also paid for by company
Seasonal-Summers, and holidays off. Kids not in school you're not.
Pros
smilie kids, great co-workers, summers and holidays off
Cons
seasonal work, early mornings, long days, travel, hard on car
Very Disorganized
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 11, 2016
This job was very demanding and stressful. Aside from early hour shifts most of the scheduling was sent via text and emails rather than an easy hard copy. They would send job assignments for the week, but then send lots of updates and changes making it hard to keep up.The coworkers and management were very nice and patient while training to do on location school photography. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 4-5am and then having to be at the office to pick up a twelve piece mobile studio that I would have to load in my vehicle or company van to bring to the school of the day. The mobile studio was very difficult to have to set up and take down within 30 minutes. The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting at the office stuffing prom and graduation pictures into delivery envelopes.
Pros
Very friendly and lots of staff appreciation
Cons
Waking up around 4-5am and setting up and disassembling mobile studio
Fun workplace
Sales Acquisitionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of selling picture packages to patrons. I learned to operate their system and learned how to communicate with random clients. Management was very nice. My co-workers were nice to work with. The hardest part of the job was traveling to unsafe work environments. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people and being able to sell them picture packages and knowing their satisfied.
The job was only for a season, but I enjoyed it.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 7, 2016
A typical day was to assist students with portraits needs. Input high school data into system to insure proper school information. Answer questions and concerns. Make sure guidelines were adhered to.

Learned to assemble and sale portrait packages specifically to the customer's needs. Verify and cash out the cash/credit drawer at the end of each shift.

I enjoyed working with the team. The hardest part of the job was when the photographers got really behind and parents were unhappy. The most enjoyable part of the job was going from school to school and meeting the students.
Pros
Learned a lot about sales.
Cons
It was only for a season (6 months).
It's fun if you REALLY like kids and have a LOT of patience.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 1, 2015
A typical day consists of photographing families and a lot of small children, answering the phones and making/confirming appointments, and sales. This is definitely a part time gig, no room for advancement. The manager is required to work at least 30 hours a week. So, the rest of the staff gets whatever's left over (not much). You will only get decent hours during the christmas season. The company expects you to be done with a session within 10-15 minutes. But that's not always the case. Be prepared to apologize profusely when other customers become upset because they had to wait an hour for their appointment. My co-workers were nice and we generally worked as a team. The pay leaves much to be desired considering the amount of work and stress employees are under. Having the right attitude and a good team with you is essential here.
Pros
flexible schedule, active work, team environment
Cons
pay, no benefits, no hours, very noisy
Each territory is different
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 2, 2016
The company always said God first, family and then your job- boy was this all wrong. They wanted you to work your tail off with no opportunity for advancement or even acknowledgment of doing a good job. Not appreciative at all of their employees; at least not in this territory.

2.9