Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Found 1,214 reviews matching the search
Alright
School Photographer (Current Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVMay 25, 2017
Management falls behind on keeping up with paper work, not always paid on time, issues with other employees, rude or sarcastic comments from management.
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, travel in personal vehicle
Long drives and longer days
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
Extremely long days of hauling tons of equipment, driving up to 3 hours each way and dealing with kids who do not want their photos taken. There are a lot of cons to this job and the only pro is when you photograph a kid who is excited to be there.
Pros
company gas card
Cons
not always 40hrs/week, lots of driving, early mornings, cranky kids
Seasonal Work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28270May 23, 2017
Fast paced and quiet. You could listen to IPod while you inspected for BDUs - boogers, drool & underwear - for retouching pre-school photos. Seasonal work only.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Sitting in one place for a long time; Seasonal work only.
very busy day
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTMay 23, 2017
answered a lot of calls, dealt with a lot of customers. kept bust the time I was working. it was fun and enjoyable. they went out of business years ago. it was close by to my home. loved seeing the school pictures of the kids after they were done.
Pros
seeing great pictures
Cons
very tired after work
seasonal, low pay
Photographer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
the company is biased towards certain employees. If you are not within the realm of such employee you do not get treated equal, and you get less hours
Pros
gas card
Cons
no lunch breaks, seasonal.low pay
Great place to start working.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Gretna, NEMay 22, 2017
Every person i worked with was beyond helpful and are very supportive. it is a quick paced job but the pay is great and you get to travel the state and see some places you thought you would never see.
Pros
everything
Cons
travel sometimes
love this place
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
I loved working here the work enviorment is very calm and relaxing the employees supervisors are really nice. the only bad part was all the incoming mail we had to open
Exciting world of young child photography
Certified Trainer, Photographer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2017
I generally wake up by 5:30 am during the week. I drive to my Day Care Center or School. I set up my equipment and begin photographing children within an hour of arrival. While the set up procedure is basically the same everywhere I go, the kids are different in each environment which provides endless variety! You NEVER know what a child could say at any give moment. You NEVER know what they might do. Little children make me smile; I naturally gravitate toward them. I've learned to work with a lot of different types of people who are under a high level of stress normally, and even more so on Picture Day. I've learned to multi-task heavily: engaging the child, making sure the child is safe, making sure the child looks his or her absolute best, knowing my correct camera settings, knowing appropriate poses for children of different ages, knowing the technical side of the computer system I use, choosing the best images that parents are likely to purchase, moving at a quick pace, etc.
My Lead Photographer conducts weekly conference calls, sends many emails and texts, and tries to observe me in the field as often as her schedule allows (she often has to photograph as well).
The hardest part of the job is when you have a child that is upset, scared of the camera, won't let go of their parents or teacher, or refuses to take a picture. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the different children and their heart-warming smiles!
Pros
Working with children, travel, variety, contests
Cons
Seasonal, not always full-time
Fast paced work place.
Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2017
I bring up and test 2 printers. Order supplies for 2 shifts. Load printers with work, catch and pack work for shipping. Meet deadlines, solve problems from 20 plus employees.
Pros
Good people to work with. Esop Benefits.
Cons
Company seems unorganized.
Not a career since you can't get stable hours
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 20, 2017
I loved this job and I hated this job. If I could photograph full time without being jerked around that would be one thing but the lack of consistent work in various divisions made it hard to embrace the job longer than a decade.
no help
framer and inspector (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHMay 20, 2017
some boss' are nicer than others. some sit there and just cuss at the older ladies. hours are spastic. one week its over 40 hours next you're lucky to get 30.
Pros
decent break times
Cons
healthcare
I loved the crew members i worked with
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 19, 2017
I loved working in the company cause i was able to show my work the work days went pass fast and the supervisors was as helpful as can be . Life touch is a blessing job to have.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 19, 2017
Working with childrens tring to catpure great moment and memories for each and every family. Early morninhs to mid day you will need coffee somedays but its always good to capture a great expression amd smile form a child.
Pros
Kind of work for your self.
Cons
Mileage 😑😔 have tp work for at least 1 full year to get any medical or dental plan.
Fun Workplace for Part-Time/Med-time
Photographer (Current Employee) –  North NJMay 18, 2017
Every day is at a new school. You bring your studio with you, so you need a large car or need to not have to use your back seat. Fairly heavy, usually you can use ramps to wheel it up but not always.
Fun with kiddos, making them laugh for the camera. Need to be able to "call it" when a kid is past the point of getting a good picture, and tell the teachers or parents so.
Great if you need the later afternoons free, the majority of schools finish up around noon/1p.m. You have summer and winter vacations, unpaid.
Hard work, fast paced, fulfilling.
Pros
Fun, Afternoons free, audiobook time in the car, weekends free
Cons
No breaks, only retirement plan, good part-time despite working usually 5 days a week, lots of paperwork
good people to work with
Sales Representative/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Ocean County, NJMay 17, 2017
You get up early to set up photographic equipment to take kids yearbook photos. You have to be very patient and good with kids.

If you are working at a studio you will have to work the cashier while helping people create specialized portrait packages on the computers, and then try to sell them those packages. Another responsibility is also the actual photographing itself at the studios.
Pros
good hours
Cons
a lot of crying kids
Fun but overwhelming.
Preschool Photographer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2017
If you love photography, this job is perfect! However, things could be better as far as organization. Communication is key with this job and it is only seasonal. Great job if you want summers to your self!
fun and challenging high energy environment
Photographer (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 15, 2017
Lots of driving, Constant contact with the public, Long hours, Heavy equipment. Very early mornings. basic grasp of how to put things together is needed. Must be able to navigate at time without GPS.
Great people
Sales Associate, Retail Salespersons (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 15, 2017
This job is one of the best jobs I have had. Everyone was great and fun to work with. I loved this job the only thing is the traveling so much and all hours.
Amazing if you are under the right manager.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 14, 2017
They are ever-changing their products and their forms which can get quite stressful but if you have the right manager to train you and the fun people working along side you, its easy to learn.
Great if you only want to work a few months of the year
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2017
I started here because all my friends were getting jobs here as well. It was a really fun place to work. During the season the day shift gets a lot of overtime. I proofread pages, which means I looked at yearbook pages submitted by the schools to check for spelling errors, anything inappropriate, and copyright issues.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9