Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Meet new people
Everyone is friendly
A helpful place
Great customer service
getting paid for what i love doing
Photographer (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 19, 2017
I am preparing to see if their is an open position. just moved back from Mississippi. I need to be on someone payroll. I really enjoyed working with Seniors at this special time in their lives.
Pros
doing what i love
Cons
i had to leave the state because i was homeless
Family oriented company based on values
Finance Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 18, 2017
I love working here. They see my potential and critique me when necessary. I am shown appreciation as an employee. They are family oriented and care about each other. Although they are family oriented, and do care about each other, there is room for improvement. We never get raises, and it is seasonal which can, in the long run, be very financially straining.
Pros
Weekends off. Summers and winters off. Holidays off.
Cons
No holiday pay. Seasonal. Short handed ALL THE TIME.
Favorite job
PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 12, 2017
Such a great company to grow with. Great pay and very flexible. Great training and very nice and caring co workers. You get time off turning the summer.
Long hours, hard work
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 12, 2017
The day starts very early, usually around 5am and begins with a drive to the job location that can be up to 2 hours away. Equipment set up (camera/lights etc) can take from 45 minutes-1 hour, and equipment usually weighs 150-200 lbs. The workday is typically hot, with the photographer standing or bending over all day. Breaks are few and far between-you're lucky if you get 5 minutes to sit down for lunch. The staff who work in the office are only concerned about their client, and usually take their side over the employee if a difficult situation arises. Many of the employees engage in petty backstabbing and gossip, and the office staff does not stop it. Incoming (new) photographers are paid more than those who have been around for years, and any benefits are available to only the full-time employees (office staff). There is little to no opportunity for advancement.
Cons
short/no breaks/lunch, no healthcare benefits, no guaranteed hours
Fast-paced environment with a challenge
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be driving anywhere between 1-2 hours (depending on where you live) to a school, unloading your equipment (which you transport), setting it up in the school, photographing the students and faculty either alone or with a team, then tearing it down and driving home.
The work is fast paced and challenging, but that is what made it fun for me. Having the challenge of connecting with the subject and capturing a great portrait in less than a minute was exciting. Being personable is a must!
The hardest part of the job for me was making sure to leave whatever was causing me to have a less than great morning in the car and going in with a positive attitude.
The most enjoyable part was capturing those great expressions, especially from the ones that are dead set on giving you a challenge.
Pros
Challenging, Fast-Paced, Paid Mileage, Paid Drive Time
Cons
Seasonal, Unsteady hours (sometimes much more than 40, sometimes much less)
Loved working here
Photographer, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
Never enough work. They over hire. Also you are away from home alot. There per diem is a joke compared to what most companies would give. Manager and coworkers are real nice.
A good place for beginners to start, but with some give and takes.
PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2017
Lifetouch is a difficult company to recommend in an general sense. It's a company focused on photographers, and it's great for individuals looking to learn the basics and make some decent money at it. But the lack of true full-time employment (seasonal only here, folks, unless you're headed for sales or upper-management) makes it difficult for people who want a place they can really call home, or who just need to make sure they've got their bases covered financially (seriously, the seasonal breaks here can be b-r-u-t-a-l).

They'll work you long hours and keep you on your feet some days but others will be much more relaxed. It ebbs and flows with the business season, which can be nice if you're looking to enjoy some time at home from time to time. Just be ready to give up the months of August and September every year entirely. Oh, and wakeup is 5AM, sometimes earlier.

The management are generally just normal folks but they can be a bit out of touch sometimes with what all the people under their banner are really meant to be doing. Middle-management is overworked to all heck and I feel for the people who go down that road. The best way to look at this company is place to learn a trade, in a hands on way, and be paid to do it. But, just like school, know there comes a time to move on.

On a final note: If you hate kids, or hate working with them, maybe do some homework before you apply.
Pros
Good People, Hands-on Training, Great for Beginners (With a good attitude)
Cons
Seasonal, Organizational Problems, Very Early Mornings, Some Very Long Days
Working with children, especially preschool is awesome!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  central ohioJuly 10, 2017
Lots of travel to different schools. Early mornings usually mean and early end to the day. LOVE working with infants toddlers and preschoolers! Seasonal work means summers off to spend with family and a nice winter break. Excellent lead photographers. Excellent photography manager. Super fun work.
Pros
fun, fun meetings, fun training
Cons
lots of hours in the car in all sorts of weather
Yes, it was a fun place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJuly 9, 2017
I disagree with this assessment. If it is not included with my resume then there is no reason for it. I liked working at Lifetouch, the only problem was it was a seasonal job
Very fast paced and sometimes stressful
Collator and Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 8, 2017
I was a collation production worker...eye for detail and accuracy a must. All shipping customer orders were on a time limitation, so quick pace, with accuracy was needed. The work environment was pleasant and everyone pulled together with great team effort
Pros
Special luncheons were brought in for employee appreciation
Cons
It was a long commute for me.
Great company but management issues
Senior Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 5, 2017
while being a long time employee the company overall is great and i enjoyed what i did but management made it difficult to to continue my job without a lot of stress
Poor Job Training - Horrible Customers
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 5, 2017
Company training program was ineffective and lacking; did not feel prepared enough to provide effective customer service. There are no breaks between calls; once one call ends another automatically picks up. Their database was confusing to navigate efficiently and was disorganized. When I needed help my supervisor was rarely around to help; i had to waste my customers time to search for an answer. Customers were often tempermental.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Good pay rate.
Fast Paced, Stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 3, 2017
Fun job, wonderful learning experience. However very stressful due to some of the older employees. Haven't worked there in over 8 years. Not sure of the culture anymore.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Pay
Smiles and miles
Shoot Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2017
The work days were long but the days passed by quickly. I enjoyed all co-workers and the management at Lifetouch. If you do not mind traveling and early hours, this could be a good job.
Pros
Great Co-workers and management, Active Work environment, Possibility of overtime, on the job training.
Cons
Off seasons, Life and Work balance, frequent travel
Loved working for this company.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJune 30, 2017
I wish I had never left. I left for a higher paying job, but soon found out the grass is not greener on the other side. The work/life balance this company offers is outstanding. While the pay is not great up front, the ESOP program the company sponsors at no cost to their employees is incredible
Pros
work life balance, ESOP Program, company culture
Cons
Salary
Long days = Lotta pay
Part Time Employee/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2017
Mornings started out at different times each day, fun people to work with but very long and unpredictable work days. Far traveling but got paid mileage
Pros
Got to travel a lot
Cons
Lunch breaks are not always guarunteed
Where art becomes mass marketed business.
Studio Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 29, 2017
Although you're never limited if you're a creative person, the environment, time constraints, coupons and unrealistic guests generally sap any artistic bug you may have. Quality and expectations are not well compensated in comparison. Great place to pick up new skills in marketable photography and sales though.
Pros
Some room for advancement
Cons
Low pay compared to work expectations
Fun Job
PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 29, 2017
I love the job itself, working with kids all day is so rewarding. I'm not a fan of the way the company is run. The office is very disorganized and the support isn't there for the employees.
Love Love Lifetouch! ~ My time there was amazing!
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 29, 2017
Lifetouch is family!
I'm truly only leaving to drive myself further in Management and Sales/Guest Relations.

Photography, Sales, Guest Service, Building Guest Enspired Enhancements on a state of the art digital creation center.
Sales Process,

Hardest part of the job is the hours and the parents who think thier kids are awesome and they do not behave.

Love Management
Pros
Benafits
Cons
Holiday Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9