Lifetouch

Lifetouch Employee Reviews

school photographs.
LEAD PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 23, 2015
Pros: feels like family
Cons: too much travel. have to use own car.
Great coworkers. feels like a family. schedule hard to live around. schedule could change by the day. Too much travel. Have to be flexible.
fun
photographer (Current Employee), Papillion, NEJune 12, 2015
a typical day consists of defusing customers,photographing, cashiering,my manager is awesome. hardest part is stress best part is my photos will forever be apart of their lives
Exhausting and repetitive
School Photographer (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNJune 9, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: physically and mentally exhausting
Super early mornings - sometimes getting up at 4am to get to a school on time. Hard on your body hauling photo gear in and out of you car at least twice daily and setting up. In the summer you often have to work in gyms with no AC - so make sure to take lots of water and a mini fan to keep cool. Your day will totally depend on the school you're at. You could have a super fast day with no breaks or you could have a really slow, drawn out day, or somewhere in-between. Depending on the school you could also have really sweet, cooperative students and staff or really rude, uncooperative students and staff. Also, you'll generally be in a very loud setting. I'd say not a good job fit for shy or those easily angered. While it technically is photography, don't expect to expand your portfolio - it's all very formulaic, which is great for those with no experience but boring for those with a photo background.
It's seasonal so if you just need a job for a bit it works out all right. Photographers should be paid better than they offer though.
The management was always good to me and the leads are cool, fun people. Overall, the group of people you end up working with is generally pretty diverse and entertaining.
Photographer's Life
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee), Woodstock, GAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount, Home Store Discount
Cons: Difficult to Advance, Part time and On Call are common
Lifetouch is a wonderful company but difficult to advance in. If you're looking to get your foot in the door for photography it is not a bad place to start. The system for photographing families of all shapes and sizes is well designed and always undergoing possible improvements. Studios are limited as there are many freelance photographers and large companies to compete with, however traditional studio photography stands strong. I've learned so much about treatment of guests, marketing, and being creative under time constraints. Management is varied from studio to studio but I find my home studio to be under perfect management where everyone does their part to keep each other happy, assisted, and guests leaving pleased with their memories.
easy going people that got the job done.
Janitorial (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILJune 3, 2015
Pros: two paid ten min breaks one 30 min non-paid
Cons: short non-paid break ... vending machines had bad choices imo
My day was written on a note a few tasks and upon my have to duties I would complete those tasks. learned to pay close attention to detail when needed, be aware of surroundings at all times and most co-workers were respectful....Hardest part of job was changing 100-200 pound trash cans but asked for help when needed and got it.
Welcoming environmet
Certified Photographer (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJJune 1, 2015
Pros: Extremely great work environment
Cons: Seasonal job. most of the year your un-employed
Each day starts out early driving to the assigned school, setting up equipment in a timely manner, capture portraits of every individual present, pack up equipment drive to office and drop off documents. Co-workers are helpful and team based, management ad staff friendly and courteous without bias. The smiles kids give is most enjoyable part of each day
Nice people, but work life balance is tough
Regional Field Trainer (Former Employee), King George, VAMay 31, 2015
Pros: learning a lot about sales photography, marketing
Cons: work life balance
It's a great opportunity to be able to work in the photography industry with a lot of fun people. Work life balance is not a priority.
Very busy job
Photographer (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 29, 2015
This was a good career, however, the hours were insane. The hours didn't allow for much of a home life or opportunities for time with the family.
fun place
Photographer / Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHMay 20, 2015
Fun place to work. The first job I had as a photographer. The job was flexible and allowed me to go to college and stay employed. I still work for the company.
Productive and fun workplace.
Photographer/Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 11, 2015
Was a welcoming workplace, and I learned more money handling skills and customer service skills, which gives me transferable skills that I can use with future jobs.
good
Studio Photographer (Former Employee), michiganApril 28, 2015
no longer in business was great to work there and meet new people. hours were also great had fun working there. they are now closed but still have one location open
data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee), Chico, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: predictable situations at work
Cons: seasonal
desk job straight forward not many surprises good for someone who can handle sitting all day long hours coworkers are great supervisors are average no major conflicts.
The Work Environment
Photographer/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Meet new people. practice you photographic skills.
Cons: Lack of management, short breaks.
The training is informative and while training you meet your co-workers. On a typical day from what I can recall were fast pace, and busy during all hours of the day. The management could be better but it is exciting to work both on sales and photographing. If I were to work back with the company I would.
Typical Day
Photographer (Former Employee), Ventura, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: what I enjoy doing and getting paid for it
Cons: seasonal
Each day was new and exciting, as you were at a new location photographing new students, staff and or venues like dances or sports. Loved learning new photo techniques and customer service.
Puts the Cart Before the Mule
Photographer (Former Employee), TexasApril 1, 2015
Pros: Employees are all friendly
Cons: Early hours, lack of management support, NO sick days allowed
I say this, because in my opinion, the employees of the company are what makes the company, and should be treated that way. Not with this job. Even though fellow photographers were friendly, and did everything they could to help each other, it was made very clear that we were expendable, not only in that we were never given days off or even sick days, but in the fact that we were not given much support. I spent most of a season without the necessary supplies, without any sort of feedback on picture quality, and yet was hounded if I took more than a day too long to turn in paperwork. On top of that, the hours are INCREDIBLY early, which leaves you exhausted and tired. This isn't true for the "veterans," those who have been around for a while and get the good schools, but from what I can tell, the only way to get to that illusive status is to basically take their abuse for a couple years.
Also, a HUGE word of warning, because this position is yet again listed as full-time. IT IS NOT. It is barely part time, because of how quickly they want you to work (ten kids an hour!), and their insistance that you see no more than 60 kids. You will rarely work more than 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, and not make more than $11 for it. Good luck, if you really want this job, but I promise you, there's something better out there.
I enjoy working with Lifetouch, amazing photo company.
Photographer (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TX.March 25, 2015
While at work i really enjoy working with children. I have learned to be more efficient with my time. My manager is very sweet and is very helpful. My hardest part of my job is not being able to have free time on the weekends. i enjoy the smiles on children's faces as i act silly to take their picture.
no one of the best jobs ive worked
customer service (Former Employee), muncie, inMarch 9, 2015
Pros: other employees
Cons: unorganized poor training
I like the people I worked with at lifetouch. The things I did not like where the misdirection that the company had put its employees threw. I think the main thing was training there was a lot of information left out that you had to find without many resources.
tiring
Picture Editor (Former Employee), Edina, MNMarch 9, 2015
The workplace was good. But the supervisors were really hard to find and hard to contact. But permanent workers there were complaining about getting laid off many times because of the school season.
I think I love my job more because I love photography. Not like it matters...
Senior Photographer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2015
Pros: if you love photography like i do, you'll deal with it for that love alone. hopefully you get a great team and team leader
Cons: more money would be great, more stable hours and schedule ahead of time... at least 2 weeks in advance...
Lifetouch is a great place to work if you are in need of something to get you pretty decent money. I am a senior portrait photography so we travel to schools, set up equipment, take the pictures of these sometimes awesome, sometimes not kids and then break down and head home. I'm a photographer by blood so I love the fact that I can potentially make someone's senior year rock a little bit more. Other than that, it's not that great of a job. You have long hours depending on your team.. hopefully you have a great team leader like my old one... Other than that, prepare to be there for long hours listening to everyone from your co-workers to your TL complain about the job and the kids. It's discouraging... I really block them out or give the unhuh just to get through the day without seeming like too much of an outcast. The management don't really understand what happens out there in the field and if the rolls were reversed, they would crash and burn and have horrible pictures.. I have seen it almost happen.

They train you when you initially come in and then send you straight to the field. They are supposed to grade you, not that it really matters... there are no raises but there are some bonuses. I don't really understand it all.. bonuses for over 40 hours a week (which is inevitable) overnight bonus.. other random bonuses... there's a lot.

They also have this great thing called Rookie of the quarter and Photographer of the quarter and so forth. Don't ever expect to win. You only win if the management likes you. I have seen some amazing photographers, such as myself, never get any recognition... why? because i'm not that pretty and the management never talk to me.

I get paid 11.00 an hour. With the amount of work that we are required to do, it should easily be $15-20 an hour... unfortunately, it's not... There are salaried positions but they are team leaders and the majority of them hate their jobs.
Very Fun place to work
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2015
You come into work and they teach you everything you need to know. The supervisors there are very nice and friendly and they understand personal issues. Your co-workers are very professional and are always willing to help. Your dress code is very casual.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lifetouch

When it is picture day at school, and the kids are all lined up with scrubbed faces, odds are that their grins are directed at – Read more

Lifetouch Salaries