Lifetouch

Lifetouch Employee Reviews

great place to work if you just want to be stagnat
Production Associate (Current Employee), 7955 security corAugust 28, 2015
Pros: working through changes
Cons: no stability in the future of photograpy
A team environment sharing duties throughout the day completing task one step at a time. The changes to improve quality and work flow have been amazing.
Fun place to work
Equipment Manager (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: seasonal
Cons: seasonal
Lifetouch is a photography studio that has a very fast paced working environment. It is seasonal work that has very long hours.
Energetic and Fun
Sports/Dance Photographer/Administrator (Current Employee), Canton, MIAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Work with your schedule, decent pay, employee owned
Cons: No real breaks unless there is a break in the foot traffic, so for longer days you have to eat when you can get it in.
I enjoy working for Lifetouch, it is a fun and energetic place to work and everyone that I have met are amazing. They work around your schedule and they train you on everything you need to know (although I already had advanced DSLR camera knowledge). They make it so that everyone could come in and learn if they like working with people.

A typical day consist of meeting at the setup time and setting up for either an indoor or outdoor shoot. Once it begins it's fast paced and fun (MUST LIKE KIDS)! Once it's all done you break down and you are done!
Great company!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), MNAugust 13, 2015
The school division is great for an employee with kids. You work school hours so your home when they are. The downside is layoff when its downtime.

The church division is also a great employer. The downside with it is being away from home and in hotels 5 nights a week.
Politics of management made it a horrible place to work
Production Lead (Former Employee), Galion OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Work was fairly easy, air conditioning and heat worked most of the time
Cons: Too many to list
The job itself wasn't too hateful, but the politics of local management made it a horrible place to walk into everyday.

In the beginning, I tried to bring pieces of 20+ years of quality/supervisory experience to the table, but it wasn't the "Lifetouch" way of doing things. I quickly lost interest, and it became just a paycheck (kind of).

I had hoped to find other employment, but the economic recovery and employment prospects were very weak in central Ohio at the time. Alas, I was terminated before I could get out on my terms.

Shortly before I was terminated, I had spoken to my boss about how we would have trouble maintaining associates, let alone attracting new ones, when the local economy started recovering. The word has gotten out about the lousy pay, lousy management, and lousy advancement opportunities, Lifetouch!

Final note - I was terminated for "unprofessional behavior" because I got too close, and stuck up for, my associates. The boss that fired me - I heard he was terminated shortly thereafter, after being found in a "compromising position" with one of his subordinates. Unprofessional behavior, indeed !!
Wonderful place to work. Just peachy.
Assembler (Current Employee), Chico, CAJuly 24, 2015
it's great it's great. it's great. it's great. it's great. IT is great. It IS great. Wonderful. If I tend to repeat myself it's because I do the same thing 8 or 9 hours a day every day for weeks on end. And it IS fun. But I'd like to branch out. Occasionally talk to other people, learn other skills. I would like to be a cage-free chicken.
Fun workplace with quality products and strong attention to detail.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), TexasJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Team environment, employee incentives, good pay and fun workplace
From the portrait session to the photo package sales, rest assured that you will have the best picture day experience with Lifetouch. The staff are fun and friendly and have an eye for detail, which produces the best quality photos every time!
fun place
Customer service/Photographer (Current Employee), IdahoJuly 16, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on stuff
Cons: not secure hours
It is a fun place to work but the new mngr. Knows nothing and Lifetouch doesn't seem to care. They say they are hiring you for full time positions and only hire you for part time and then that isn't even guaranteed.
fun workplace
SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 15, 2015
I was a fun workplace to work at. Ive enjoyed working at different schools and setting up and breaking down the photography equipment.
Large company
Zone Vice President (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 13, 2015
Lifetouch is a very large company with large company ideas. They bought out Olan Mills and then closed almost all locations and left many people without work. I am sure that others have had great experiences working for them. I, however, was one of the managers that worked for the company they bought out so my experience was not very good with them. They gave a lot of false hope when they knew they were going to be eliminating all of the management and bringing in their own people. I was in upper management so I was one of the first to go and after they eliminated all of the management they went through and closed all of the locations.
school photographs.
LEAD PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 23, 2015
Pros: feels like family
Cons: too much travel. have to use own car.
Great coworkers. feels like a family. schedule hard to live around. schedule could change by the day. Too much travel. Have to be flexible.
fun
photographer (Current Employee), Papillion, NEJune 12, 2015
a typical day consists of defusing customers,photographing, cashiering,my manager is awesome. hardest part is stress best part is my photos will forever be apart of their lives
Exhausting and repetitive
School Photographer (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNJune 9, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: physically and mentally exhausting
Super early mornings - sometimes getting up at 4am to get to a school on time. Hard on your body hauling photo gear in and out of you car at least twice daily and setting up. In the summer you often have to work in gyms with no AC - so make sure to take lots of water and a mini fan to keep cool. Your day will totally depend on the school you're at. You could have a super fast day with no breaks or you could have a really slow, drawn out day, or somewhere in-between. Depending on the school you could also have really sweet, cooperative students and staff or really rude, uncooperative students and – more... staff. Also, you'll generally be in a very loud setting. I'd say not a good job fit for shy or those easily angered. While it technically is photography, don't expect to expand your portfolio - it's all very formulaic, which is great for those with no experience but boring for those with a photo background.
It's seasonal so if you just need a job for a bit it works out all right. Photographers should be paid better than they offer though.
The management was always good to me and the leads are cool, fun people. Overall, the group of people you end up working with is generally pretty diverse and entertaining. – less
Photographer's Life
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee), Woodstock, GAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount, Home Store Discount
Cons: Difficult to Advance, Part time and On Call are common
Lifetouch is a wonderful company but difficult to advance in. If you're looking to get your foot in the door for photography it is not a bad place to start. The system for photographing families of all shapes and sizes is well designed and always undergoing possible improvements. Studios are limited as there are many freelance photographers and large companies to compete with, however traditional studio photography stands strong. I've learned so much about treatment of guests, marketing, and being creative under time constraints. Management is varied from studio to studio but I find my home studio to be under perfect management where everyone does their part to keep each other happy, assisted, and guests leaving pleased with their memories.
easy going people that got the job done.
Janitorial (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILJune 3, 2015
Pros: two paid ten min breaks one 30 min non-paid
Cons: short non-paid break ... vending machines had bad choices imo
My day was written on a note a few tasks and upon my have to duties I would complete those tasks. learned to pay close attention to detail when needed, be aware of surroundings at all times and most co-workers were respectful....Hardest part of job was changing 100-200 pound trash cans but asked for help when needed and got it.
Welcoming environmet
Certified Photographer (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJJune 1, 2015
Pros: Extremely great work environment
Cons: Seasonal job. most of the year your un-employed
Each day starts out early driving to the assigned school, setting up equipment in a timely manner, capture portraits of every individual present, pack up equipment drive to office and drop off documents. Co-workers are helpful and team based, management ad staff friendly and courteous without bias. The smiles kids give is most enjoyable part of each day
Nice people, but work life balance is tough
Regional Field Trainer (Former Employee), King George, VAMay 31, 2015
Pros: learning a lot about sales photography, marketing
Cons: work life balance
It's a great opportunity to be able to work in the photography industry with a lot of fun people. Work life balance is not a priority.
Very busy job
Photographer (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 29, 2015
This was a good career, however, the hours were insane. The hours didn't allow for much of a home life or opportunities for time with the family.
fun place
Photographer / Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHMay 20, 2015
Fun place to work. The first job I had as a photographer. The job was flexible and allowed me to go to college and stay employed. I still work for the company.
Productive and fun workplace.
Photographer/Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 11, 2015
Was a welcoming workplace, and I learned more money handling skills and customer service skills, which gives me transferable skills that I can use with future jobs.
Headquarters