Lifetouch

Lifetouch United States Employee Reviews

data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee), Chico, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: predictable situations at work
Cons: seasonal
desk job straight forward not many surprises good for someone who can handle sitting all day long hours coworkers are great supervisors are average no major conflicts.
The Work Environment
Photographer/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Meet new people. practice you photographic skills.
Cons: Lack of management, short breaks.
The training is informative and while training you meet your co-workers. On a typical day from what I can recall were fast pace, and busy during all hours of the day. The management could be better but it is exciting to work both on sales and photographing. If I were to work back with the company I would.
Typical Day
Photographer (Former Employee), Ventura, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: what I enjoy doing and getting paid for it
Cons: seasonal
Each day was new and exciting, as you were at a new location photographing new students, staff and or venues like dances or sports. Loved learning new photo techniques and customer service.
Puts the Cart Before the Mule
Photographer (Former Employee), TexasApril 1, 2015
Pros: Employees are all friendly
Cons: Early hours, lack of management support, NO sick days allowed
I say this, because in my opinion, the employees of the company are what makes the company, and should be treated that way. Not with this job. Even though fellow photographers were friendly, and did everything they could to help each other, it was made very clear that we were expendable, not only in that we were never given days off or even sick days, but in the fact that we were not given much support. I spent most of a season without the necessary supplies, without any sort of feedback on picture quality, and yet was hounded if I took more than a day too long to turn in paperwork. On top of that, the hours are INCREDIBLY early, which leaves you exhausted and tired. This isn't true for the "veterans," those who have been around for a while and get the good schools, but from what I can tell, the only way to get to that illusive status is to basically take their abuse for a couple years.
Also, a HUGE word of warning, because this position is yet again listed as full-time. IT IS NOT. It is barely part time, because of how quickly they want you to work (ten kids an hour!), and their insistance that you see no more than 60 kids. You will rarely work more than 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, and not make more than $11 for it. Good luck, if you really want this job, but I promise you, there's something better out there.
I enjoy working with Lifetouch, amazing photo company.
Photographer (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TX.March 25, 2015
While at work i really enjoy working with children. I have learned to be more efficient with my time. My manager is very sweet and is very helpful. My hardest part of my job is not being able to have free time on the weekends. i enjoy the smiles on children's faces as i act silly to take their picture.
no one of the best jobs ive worked
customer service (Former Employee), muncie, inMarch 9, 2015
Pros: other employees
Cons: unorganized poor training
I like the people I worked with at lifetouch. The things I did not like where the misdirection that the company had put its employees threw. I think the main thing was training there was a lot of information left out that you had to find without many resources.
tiring
Picture Editor (Former Employee), Edina, MNMarch 9, 2015
The workplace was good. But the supervisors were really hard to find and hard to contact. But permanent workers there were complaining about getting laid off many times because of the school season.
I think I love my job more because I love photography. Not like it matters...
Senior Photographer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2015
Pros: if you love photography like i do, you'll deal with it for that love alone. hopefully you get a great team and team leader
Cons: more money would be great, more stable hours and schedule ahead of time... at least 2 weeks in advance...
Lifetouch is a great place to work if you are in need of something to get you pretty decent money. I am a senior portrait photography so we travel to schools, set up equipment, take the pictures of these sometimes awesome, sometimes not kids and then break down and head home. I'm a photographer by blood so I love the fact that I can potentially make someone's senior year rock a little bit more. Other than that, it's not that great of a job. You have long hours depending on your team.. hopefully you have a great team leader like my old one... Other than that, prepare to be there for long hours listening to everyone from your co-workers to your TL complain about the job and the kids. It's discouraging... I really block them out or give the unhuh just to get through the day without seeming like too much of an outcast. The management don't really understand what happens out there in the field and if the rolls were reversed, they would crash and burn and have horrible pictures.. I have seen it almost happen.

They train you when you initially come in and then send you straight to the field. They are supposed to grade you, not that it really matters... there are no raises but there are some bonuses. I don't really understand it all.. bonuses for over 40 hours a week (which is inevitable) overnight bonus.. other random bonuses... there's a lot.

They also have this great thing called Rookie of the quarter and Photographer of the quarter and so forth. Don't ever expect to win. You only win if the management likes you. I have seen some amazing photographers, such as myself, never get any recognition... why? because i'm not that pretty and the management never talk to me.

I get paid 11.00 an hour. With the amount of work that we are required to do, it should easily be $15-20 an hour... unfortunately, it's not... There are salaried positions but they are team leaders and the majority of them hate their jobs.
Very Fun place to work
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2015
You come into work and they teach you everything you need to know. The supervisors there are very nice and friendly and they understand personal issues. Your co-workers are very professional and are always willing to help. Your dress code is very casual.
Great place to be around people.
Photographer, Customer Service, Retail, Sales (Former Employee), Victorville, CAMarch 1, 2015
Cons: inconsistant work schedule as well as very little hours available
This company is a great place to meet new people and give them something that you can create for their home that will hang up all year around. It is a fun place to work.
Challenging and rewarding
Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 17, 2015
I provide my customers with a memory of their child or family that will last a lifetime. I get to work and train with a staff that is respectful and makes my job rewarding.
Hard work but rewarding for the right person
Photographer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: paid drive time and gas
Cons: weekly schedule not posted until friday before
A typical day starts around 4 am so you can drive 1 to 2 hours to a school and be there by 6:30 am. You unload a studio, set it up and by 8 am, you begin taking portraits of children. By 2 or 3 pm, you finish up the 200-300 students and teachers and tear down the studio, load the car and drive 1 to 2 hours home. It's hard work, with teachers and parents always telling you that you are not a professional photographer. But as a general rule, if you go into it with a good attitude and a smile, you will have a fun day with the kids. Some of the photographers are truly talented and great to be with and learn from. Some of them are not. You need to love photography and be a people person to enjoy this job.

Compensation is minimal. Drive time is paid but only at minimum wage. Some days, you'll make more money driving than working. If you need a steady income, this is not the job for you. There are long layoff periods and inconsistent weekly hours.
Excellent Business with a passion for photography and a true value for their people.
District Manager (Former Employee), NC/SCJanuary 30, 2015
Lifetouch is an employee owned company that has a true passion for the photography business and their people. A major part to Lifetouch's success to having the largest market share in photography is due to it's willingness to adapt to change. They realize that in order to stay in the forefront, they have to be willing to invest in the future. This can be a challenge for someone who does not adapt well to change. If you are a creative individual would describe yourself as an out of the box thinker, Lifetouch would be a great career choice for you.
Photography
SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Going to different schools everyday unless a school called for multiple days at same location, capture professional quality photographs of students and faculty. Answer questions regarding purchasing.
Making memories in a high energy portrait studio!
Studio Manager, Studio Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis area, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, good hours, fun environment
Cons: high pace, work alone frequently
Typical days at work are steady and high energy working with guests and their children. The day starts with checking them in when they arrive for their appointment, gathering information from them regarding their hopes and expectations, all while making professional suggestions and connecting with the guest. While in the camera room I am meeting company set guidelines for photography, then viewing and ordering with guest using a structured sales process. Management duties include all of the above, plus coaching and training my team to help them grow. Meeting and exceeding company labor margin goals and customer service goals are also very important.

I have been fortunate enough to have strong leaders to guide and teach me. They have been true business owners who want to grow their business. My fellow studio managers have changed over the years, but we have always had a very tight team, which is something that I would take with me no matter where I am working. This job has taught me how to deal with various types of people with different personalities. You can't work with each guest the same, everyone is different. That is one of the hardest parts of the job. What I learned is that a smile can get you a long way. If you smile and give someone your attention you have already won half of the battle. That being said, I'm an advocate for amazing guest service and making sure that the experience is the best it can be. This is a place where moments in time are captured, it is pretty magical! Those are the moments that you remember, the newborn that smiled, the scared child that finally sat down, the large family portrait for grandma, those moments stick with you forever.
Fast Paced Fun work Place
Studio Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Lifetouch is a great company with good benefits. They are an Employee Owned Company which has some great benfits.
Engaging and Fantastic atmosphere to thrive & develop
Studio Manager Flash Digital Portraits (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work is never boring. There are always new customers and children that we meet, interact with, and photograph. Each person/family has a story to be told or a precious moment they are sharing with us so we can capture it for them to cherish for generations to come. I learned sales. I learned what it means to exceed expectations. My coworkers were always supportive, We always had a team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is keeping your smile and energy up when you are absolutely tired at the end of a saturday during Christmas peak.

The relationships that you will build are priceless.
Great work experiance with every day challenges on inside maintenance
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: doing plumbing, carpentry, some mig welding, and rebuids of equipment.
Hour were great, job was steady and advancement possible. Always had challenges to keep you busy. maintenance work was preventive to assure the prolong up keep of production. I was responsible for all production machinery's preventive maintenance. Typed up all aspects of job from weekly to annuls per machine. By utilizing manuals and parts diagrams.
Would be a great job if training was better planned.
photographer (Former Employee), syracuse new yorkJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: not really any being seasonal except they do well in paying for gas in your car.
Cons: no breaks not too much compassion from management
The team of photographers I worked with were the best part of the job .I worked as seasonal school photographer. I believe management did their best but just didn't have the ability to take on all that was expected of them which resulted in rudeness , unfair treatment to fellow associates etc. Example photographing down stairs in a high school music aud with no cool air on a hot summer day with 90 degree temp and sales manager not allowing photographer who has been on her feet for several hours to take a break just to get a drink of water.
I enjoyed being in a different sotre everyday and liked the people who worked under me
District Manager (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: home office and never in the same location everyday
Cons: worked 6 days a week during holidays for 6 weeks every year
I was responsible for 19 location and 140 employees. Traveled everday a worked in a different loccsation on a daily basis. As a district manager I had a lot of support from upper management and was in the top three district every year out of 41 districts, I really enjoyed working with my employees face to face on a daily basis as well as coach them and develope them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lifetouch

When it is picture day at school, and the kids are all lined up with scrubbed faces, odds are that their grins are directed at – Read more

Lifetouch Salaries