Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Fun to watch children grow. Allows creativity and have to be customer service oriented.
Photographer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 12, 2015
The company overall is awesome and provide awesome portraits. Their goals are to continuously improve the portraits and preserve memories. Quality and variety are seen in every aspect of the job. Creating and maintaining the relationships with the families you photograph are definitely added benefits.
OK if you don't need steady income
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 15, 2016
Working in the LIfetouch Portrait Studios was an ok part time job. some days were easy and flew by while others were difficult and nearly impossible to get through without crying. working with the public with the systems that were in place at that time made the job unpredictable and difficult to stay on time for customers. I also feel that the employees were not compensated properly for the job from part time up through management.
Pros
positive experience clients, coworkers
Cons
disgruntled customers, services and systems that did not work
Creating create portraits, early mornings, digital era, heavy equipment
Photo Quality and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJune 9, 2016
I loved working for Lifetouch. I left due to relocation to an area where I did not need a vehicle and reliable transportation is a must. Reinventing is a constant with this company. This is a difficult company to work for because of the digital world and everyone thinking they can take a great portrait. I love being able to take someone who does not like their portrait being taken and turning it into a portrait they love.
Pros
'Free' photography education
Cons
Heavy equipment to travel with, long distances
Most fun I've ever had at a job, with great co-workers and pay!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 3, 2015
I had so much fun working at LifeTouch! My managers were both great, and most of my co-workers were tons of fun. We took school pictures most of the time, so it was a common occurrence to come across a child that either did not smile or smiled too intensely. I developed a skill at talking to the child until they were comfortable with me, wait until they smiled naturally at me when my face was by the lens but not behind the camera, and capturing their real smile. It was very rewarding and a great feeling!
Pros
My bosses were great, and so were the pay raises!
Cons
Very long hours during the busy seasons.
Productive and fun taking kids photos.
Preschool Photographer/ Administrative Assist. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
I love working ,I am now temporarily laid off until next season.

A typical day at work, I come in and manage 5-10 employees, we set up equipment at different schools daily, test equipment and take photos of preschoolers and elementary kids,

I go back to the office to finish up all my administrative work for the day. I also troubleshoot over the phone when staff call when they having a problem with the equipment. I train and teach employees.
Very rewarding carrier
School photographer (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 8, 2016
Photography is so rewarding, I have millions of portraits across the country that I have photographed, maybe one in your home. This is more than just a job, this is a carrier! LifeTouch is a wonderful company to work for, that is if you like a different place, different face everyday. You are always meeting new people and seeing places you have never seen before.
Pros
Employee owned, great retirement, paid training to further your carrier
Cons
Little breaks, very busy
Lots of traveling and getting to meet new people
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 15, 2016
Go to your assigned school for the day and photograph students for Yearbook/Spring, Groups or Sports pictures. When done return to your main office to finish paperwork for the days job and then verify and get ready for the next days job.

The management and co-workers are awesome and great people.
The hardest part of the job is setting up and tearing down your equipment as well as the mileage you rack up on your car. The most enjoyable part of the job is the impact you have on others and getting the kids to smile.
Pros
Getting the children to smile
Cons
Hard on you vehicle
Depends on the team
Assistant Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2015
It's a fun job, but if you don't have a strong team it's very hard to keep a positive attitude. You usually work alone. Training is very minimal.
Pros
You feel a sense of accomplishment in what you do
Cons
Unless you are full time there are ZERO benefits
Fun coworkers but horrible management
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJFebruary 24, 2016
This job had many elements to it. Some were pleasing but most were not.
A typical day was waking up at 4-5 in the morning to drive to your assigned school. Once you find someone let you into the building. You start setting up your equipment. Once set up you begin taking pictures. Some kids are nice and some are mean but almost all if the staff are rude. Rinse and repeat until the day is done. No lunch break most days and a rushed, almost panic enducing, schedule.
Honestly, I was ok with all of this. It kept me busy and working. What killed my enjoyment of this job was the management. My branch was all owned by one family. One would think it would add to the family environment. It did not. I was sick one day and needed to see the doctor and one of the family had to cover for me. I was then barraged by texts and calls about if was I really sick by at least two of the management. I did what I needed and provided a note but I was treated with contempt and distrust from that day onward.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No lunch break most days, distrustful management
The pay is not good and the training is minimal.
Photographer/ Call Center (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 18, 2015
The coworkers are nice however the company takes advantage of seasonal employees. The pay is not good and the training is minimal.
Pros
you are able to work with kids on there big events and yearbooks
Cons
unsafe place to work have to use your car to get to locations no benefits
Busy Fast paced office
Office Manager/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day here at the Prestige by Lifetouch studio is busy. High school Seniors are coming in and out of the studio all day and even more call on the phone for an appointment. The busy season however comes and goes. When it is slow employees are laid off and return for busy time. This job is very exciting with new things happening everyday. Working with schools and the community is very rewarding.
Fun Place to Work
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HIFebruary 24, 2016
The environment and employees are such team players. There was never a dull moment working there and every minute was a learning experience, even in times of stress. There was always something to do which made it seem very productive and time went by quickly.
You could definitely tell that the management cared about their employees and did what they possibly could to make sure the employees knew that.
EVERYTHING was enjoyable about this job. I think that hardest part of the job was trying to sell or recommend products to guests because there's so many options to choose from.
Productive and fun workplace with great leaders.
Data Entry Technician for Operations Unit (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 1, 2016
The company is a high energy fast paced operations environment supporting several southern states with School student photography.
The demands were great and timelines short. It was very rewarding but is a seasonal position. They work in conjunction with school calendars for spring and fall portraits and layoff in between seasons.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Seasonal
A great learning and growth opportunity
Studio Manger/Photographer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 7, 2016
Working for Lifetouch Portrait studios is a great way to better your photography, customer service, posing, creativity, and yourself. I learned a lot working for Lifetouch. Some ups and some downs working with this company and some of the ways they run things could use some work but it was a great experience.
Pros
hour lunch, quick ways to move up, great learning environment
Cons
scheduling issues, high turn over rate creating tm scheduling issues
Enthusiastic and fun enviroment
Studio Manager/District Manger (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 28, 2015
Managed 4-8 employees daily. Opened and closed the studio. Interact with children and parents for the photo shoot. I laughed and was able to be silly all day. Captured great smiles the best part of my job. The hardest part of the job was not meeting parents (moms') expectations, some subjects don't smile on cue .Manager was pleasant.
Pros
salary, vacation pay, and free photo session ( when training new photographer)
Cons
n/a
Student Photography Business
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 12, 2016
Administration of the network, cables, share permissions, archiving data, computer and printer repair, consumables.
took courses online for programming and web development
working with corporate IT, setting up new systems. Helping staff solve problems with computer and applications, finding solutions to make their workflow easier.
Pros
friendly work environment, access to resources online.
Cons
healthcare
Decent Work Environment But Terrible Pay For The Amount Of Work You Do!
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2016
Overall its not a bad gig, but the hours are irregular, some weeks you overload with almost to much to handle and some weeks you begging for hours. Kind of the nature of this beast really. The pay is not great and there little hope of a raise. depending on the school you are assigned to you may have wake up at an ungodly hour to drive for an hour, then stand for seven!
Pros
Good work environment, getting to work in photography
Cons
Pay is not great for the work, irregular hours, long drive to jobs
Great people to work with
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 6, 2016
Fun job talking to people all over the country. Great work atmosphere and best people to work with. Management kept you informed of what was going in the company. Did not have to contribute to the retirement plan. It was paid for by the company.
Pros
People
Cons
Two layoffs a year, low pay and unaffordable health insurance.
Producitve and a great learning experience
Executive Administrative Assistant/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 3, 2016
A typical at Lifetouch LLC was pleasant as usual. Management was very polite, and professional at all times. While working with the company I developed not only a bond with the staff, but also with the consumers. My most enjoyable time with the company was during luncheons and staff meetings. Overall the experience was great!
If you need experience, but don't need money, this is a good job for you.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 8, 2016
Excellent experience and lots of fun. I love to go to work everyday, I just wish I worked more than 4-8 hours a week for peanuts. Too many employees. Place you on call without compensation. Company does not value it's employees or their efforts.
Pros
Experience; fun, kind co-workers and management
Cons
Not enough pay and not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9