Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 1, 2017
The job is very fast paced. Shifts go by quickly. You have the assistance that you need from help desk and supervisors and a knowledge base that is updated regularly.
Life Touch
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 27, 2017
I love working with the kids , meeting all the seniors and hearing there plans for the future. It's a great moment to be apart of in their lives. I was just hoping for more hours.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
No room to grow, not enough hours
Employee oriented place to work, very warm environment.
I.D depot printer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORSeptember 27, 2017
A typical day at work consists of getting up very early, driving to the office picking up equipment. Driving to the school setting up, then printing ID cards for kids until everyone has gotten one.
I loved working here
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 26, 2017
I loved interacting with the students and my coworkers. I liked going to different places and having the quick placed environment. I learned crowd management and how to work efficiently.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Pay
Terrible place to work at
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 24, 2017
It's a terrible place to work at. Terrible management. This job is ONLY good if you are retired or high school kids. The pay and work hours are terrible.
Cons
terribly low wages, terrible management
Work environment is poor
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 23, 2017
Everyone is professional, polite and friendly. Good benefits. The hardest part of my job has been sitting in a cubicle with no windows and limited variety of job duties. High stress to achieve goals set very high without pay compensation.
life touch school portroit job great environment it had it coures of down falls because seasonal
blt (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 22, 2017
as small time I have been there I can't place to much bad because of short season I would recommend working on bring a long term work place for emplo
Pros
great
Good Workplace for Photography
Underclass Portrait and Candid Event Photographer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2017
Lifetouch taught me a lot about photography and how to deal with people in terms of photography. I considered my managers there to be great teachers to me. And the rest of the staff to be considered a team that has your back. If you stayed long enough, you could consider everyone there to be a second family.

Every day going to work was different because I would be going to a different school each day and photographing something different each time. I loved that uniqueness about the job because I never knew what types of photos I would get and I got some that I still consider to be some of the best photos I have ever taken.

The hardest part of the job is the constant travel and the differing hours each day. You could be at one school in one state all day and then would have to be to another school early in the morning the next day in yet another state.That can take its toll.

But if you can endure that constant pace, one could make a good career at Lifetouch
Fast pace and productive workplace
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 21, 2017
I learned how to use a camera the correct way. A day at work was very hard at the beginning. Lots of pictures are required and at a fast pace. But overall it was a very good job.
Lazy Company
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 21, 2017
They don't provide adequate training unless you're hired at the very beginning of the season (s). Instead, you're just placed with someone and hope for the best. Will say they're relaxed if you mess up; however, you mess up because they don't train. No benefits while working 9-12 hour days beginning anywhere between 3am - 5am. Plus a lot of outside work as well. Management is scattered and unreliable. So, if your equipment goes down, they probably aren't the reliable option, tech support would be though. Overall, if you're not into mind numbing work this isn't the place. Some of the photographers seem to enjoy it but they received adequate training. As a camera addict, this place isn't helping me grow more in skill, just in frustration.
Pros
Contests
Cons
Reliablity, Training, Management, Work-life balance

Want to know more about Lifetouch?

Ask a question
Fun place to work with children
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 20, 2017
I love the job itself however the work we do and the very low pay we receive isn't equal. There is a lot of wear on your personal vehicle. Raises are not very good. The job is full time seasonal. There is no room to advance.
Pros
Free school pictures of my children
Cons
Pay, seasonal hours, wear on your vehicle
Good Job
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 20, 2017
Working with children with behavioral problems. You normally would meet the children at the library and go over their homework and have discussion on how the day went and how to improve social skills
Pros
Help children in my community
Cons
No benefits
Fast paced business with seasonal hours
New Mexico -Photographer/AR (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 19, 2017
This job is like feast and famine. During the fall season there are a lot of hours and you can make the money. However, it is a seasonal job. There is down time for 4-8 weeks starting the end of November and then down time for 6-12 weeks every summer.
Pros
Nice, friendly management team
Cons
A lot of down time and a lot of wear and tear on personal vehicle.
new challenges daily
Senior Level Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 18, 2017
Typical day at work, go in find out what needed to be done and do it or finish it, all while repairing new breakdowns. Hardest part of the job, keeping the inventory straight.
Pros
Esop
Cons
Company never satisfied
good days
Satellite Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2017
The company is family focused - great place to work. They are a national company and take care of their employees. There is room for advancement if you are willing to relocate.
Lnss
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with the school children excited for their picture day. Lifetouch was always efficient and sends a skilled team to photograph an entire school in one to two days. They work fast but have good quality. Their training was one of the only trainings I've ever been so involved in and they taught you everything you needed to know. you also get paid while training.
Good Place to Learn Photography Basics
Senior Staff Photographer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2017
This is a great place to learn about photography. Unless you plan on working 60+ hours as a team leader, there is not much advancement. However, it is a great job to have for a few years or even longer.
Lifetouch Sports and Special Events Photographer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2017
No day is alike working out in the field for Lifetouch Sports. You usually work with a different crew in a different location. Fun job for those who love to travel and are road warriors. Best part of the job is interacting with all of the children and coaches.
Pros
fun, easy job
Cons
A LOT of traveling
I don't want to write this.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 13, 2017
Lifetouch was busy, i worked alot of hours, and unfortunately they dont really end up paying for the gas you spend driving places. However, it was fun, and i enjoyed the people.
Relaxed and Steady
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 13, 2017
This review is for working in the plant as an exempt employee. The work was steady and day to day, there are no surprises. Everyone does work as a team and does well to accomplish all necessary tasks by the end of day.
Pros
Good communication and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Aging business model with no growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9