Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Found 1,169 reviews matching the search
Photography
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2017
Loved working at the Target Portrait Studio before it closed. It was a fun time learning how to help people create and capture memories forever.
good place to work if living in area and don't have high goals
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed my job duties overall, since I naturally notice errors (spelling, punctuation, anything that doesn't seem to fit). My managers and lead persons were always courteous and usually free with encouragement.
Pros
ESOP, decent insurance, family style work environment
Cons
minimum pay especially for females, at times excessive hours
fun times
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 27, 2017
i enjoyed working a lifetouch very much. i got to travel to different cities and school as well as work with some amazing people. even though it was seasonal they found a way to allow growth in their company. photograph is one of my passions so being allow to do that everyday was amazing.
Great company to work for
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2017
Working for Lifetouch has been one of my favorite places to work for many years. Your job is literally to put smiles on the faces of young children! What could be better than that?
Pros
School hours
Great company with great people who made fantastic teams
Digital Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2017
Lifetouch is a great company whose strength is in taking school pictures nationally as National School Pictures. This branch of the company has 75+ years of doing business successfully. The division I was in was a new yearbook printing division and we successfully developed cutting edge internet technology to create yearbooks digitally. For the first few years we were building our product and processes which were exciting and new. We continued to expand and improve both the photography and the printing processes.

Lifetouch embraced the quality and lean movement and successfully transitioned to this mantle. I headed many teams to help accomplish the continuous improvement movement. However, in 2014, the company decided to consolidate all printing into one facility in Loves Park, Illinois. The printing plant in Kansas City was closed and all accounts were moved out of the state.

The staff in Kansas City truly became a family and an awesome team who could and did accomplish everything they were tasked to do.
Fast paced
Photographer, Underclass and Group Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21223March 21, 2017
Lifetouch National School Studios is definitely a fast paced, detail oriented job. A typical day starts off 1 1/2 hours before school starts, with set up of camera equipment and paperwork. The entire school comes down to be photographed for the school yearbook. I learned how to fast and accurate as well as customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is energy. You have to maintain a pleasant demeanor during the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fast pace. Makes the day go by fast.
Cons
short breaks
A great working experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 21, 2017
A typical day in the life of a Portrait Studio Manager includes many tasks. Scheduling, training, business planning, labor management, photography and sales. I have learned invaluable photography and management skills from this company. The hardest part of this job is meeting sales and sessions goals, but it is also very rewarding when my goal is achieved. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new families every day.
Pros
Excellent management experience
Cons
Not enough pay
ESOP Driven Company
Director of Photography, North America (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 20, 2017
Passion for delivering high customer service and delivering excellence.
I love having the ability to please every parent by capturing the true essence of their child.
Amazing company!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILMarch 15, 2017
Electives for the children included weekly... yoga... music... pickles place( literature)... 2 water days every week of summer! Great staff and incredible company.
Pros
Free organic lunches delivered fresh daily
Cons
Healthcare for 32+ hrs
Management is unprofessional
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 14, 2017
This is a great place to work if you're looking for a deadend job with little to no room for advancement. The photographers aren't paid what they are worth. Employees have to use their own vehicles with a very low mileage reimbursement and nothing set up to help with maintenance issues. Management is very unprofessional.
Pros
Gas credit card, working with children, creating lifelong memories for families.
Cons
Low pay, unprofessionalism
Operator
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 12, 2017
Operated on machines and printed pictures and portraits.
Preformed regular checks on the parts of machinery and made
Importent and adjustments wherever necessary.
Made sure the products and manufactured from the machine
are of high quality and made adjustments to improve the quality.
Fun place to work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 12, 2017
Lifetouch is a good company. They pay for driving time and provide gas cards. The pay is low for the amount of traveling and miles you put on your vehicle though. Training and ample enough time is provided for you to learn your position.
Pros
I get to meet many different people, not micro managed, fun interacting with people and children
Cons
no benefits, low pay
Fun job depending on department. low pay and season workout.
Retouch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 11, 2017
While working at Lifetouch, I worked in two departments, the groups department, and the retouching department. Retouching was a joy and a very laidback job with reasonable hourly goals. However the groups department was rather unpleasant, and was run by an unprofessional manager that chastised employees based on their political beliefs and age.
Pros
Lots of parking, no customer interactions
Cons
low pay
would not work here again
Administrative office assistant (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMarch 11, 2017
would never work for this company it is not a good company to work for management is not good they will not work with other things that you have going on such as school
Seasonal work
Photo Editor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 11, 2017
They need a lot of help training management. Some are Great managers but most are terrible.

Also entrenched employees who should be retired are running the shop. If your not in the knitting circle you get the bad jobs.
Do not work here , no hours and manager is terrible
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 10, 2017
The hourly pay is great yet you get no hours. The training is bull. The manager tries to throw you right in your first day without proper training. There is tons of computer quizzes and reading during training which leaves no time for the actual work stuff. There are too many passwords to remember for each activity you have to do. They are limited in photography props and equipment. But the overall downfall of this position for me was the manager. Very rude on my first day and she was also reading me back applications of people who applied for this position and was joking about them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rude manager, no hours, no lunch breaks
Fun and steady work environment, with possibilities of advancement.
Production associate, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 9, 2017
I've worked for this company since I graduated high school and I've had a lot of learning opportunities through them. Family like team, decent hours and overtime opportunities. Fair and relaxed management and HR team.
Pros
Benifits, pto, friendly staff
Cons
Unpaid lunches, lack of retirement plan
Productive and a great environment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 8, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. After 1 year of employment, I was hired on as a Lifetouch Employee and given so many benefits. Everyday that I worked, I did not have to drag myself in, due to a bad work environment. I learned so much about customer service. It helped me "come out" as a person
Pros
Awesome management, great rate of pay, access to other jobs when available, great work environment
Cons
no cons
Changing times
Service Level Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 8, 2017
Changing times here at Lifetouch. Benefits have changed and not for the better. Our vacation, sick and holiday time has been replaced by PTO. Morale is dropping quickly here.
School Photographer
Photo Manager (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAMarch 6, 2017
Learned a lot about school and studio photography. Good way to practice the business. Have to be able to do early mornings and sometimes long drives. Good dedicated staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9