Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Found 1,171 reviews matching the search
Changing times
Service Level Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 8, 2017
Changing times here at Lifetouch. Benefits have changed and not for the better. Our vacation, sick and holiday time has been replaced by PTO. Morale is dropping quickly here.
School Photographer
Photo Manager (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAMarch 6, 2017
Learned a lot about school and studio photography. Good way to practice the business. Have to be able to do early mornings and sometimes long drives. Good dedicated staff.
Worked in lab
Assist peers (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 6, 2017
Temp position. Laid off every couple months so not stable position. They do not offer benefits or any performance reviews. No advancement opportunities but can try different positions.
Great for Learning
Photographer/Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 5, 2017
A typical day at work is you photographing children and newborn babies. I learned how to pose people and think quickly. Management is very sales driven as the company pays each associate a little extra depending on what they sell. The workplace culture is great and constantly changing. The hardest part of the job is the pushy parents and the scheduling of 15 minute sessions during holiday seasons. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the guest has the same sense of style as you and allows you to complete freedom.
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Trifling Customers
Sitting on the phone answer calls.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 3, 2017
Sat on the phone the all day dealing with a range of different people. From the angriest mom to the sweetest grandmother.
Pros
Order food and have it delivered
Cons
short breaks, stationary, cramps
Very fun environment
School Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, MEFebruary 28, 2017
One of my favorite job ever. Working with the latest and greatest photography gear. from Nikon. traveling around the state visiting school systems and photographing kids and school staff. there are lots of opportunity to grow and get into photography.
Pros
Fun, great environment, and staff
Cons
early morning hours.
fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHFebruary 28, 2017
a great place to start out a career. especially if you have a degree in graphic design.the people and the work is amazing. im glad this was my first job.
Good company without a clear direction.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 28, 2017
Professional work environment, corporate culture is wonderful,
Management seems disorganized.
No clear direction of Lifetouch as a company in wake of long time CEO retiring.
Great place to start if you want to learn portrait photography...
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
...and eventually branch out on your own, if you wish to pursue a career in this field.

I learned and enjoyed my time with this company. I significantly improved my skills in creating a good portrait in a short amount of time, and got paid for training in this discipline. Your time will be divided between the photo studio and possibly taking pictures at high schools. Taking pictures at the schools will usually have a relaxed atmosphere, even though the days might be a little long, and though you might have to drive far depending on the school; the studios can be fun but they can also be very busy and frantic, depending on the time of the year.

This is a really good place to get into portrait photography, although it might work more as a source of income and not a source of personal work since all pictures taken during your time on the job are company property.
Pros
Lots of lighting equipment and props to work with; usually relaxed work environment
Cons
Little opportunities for growth. You don't keep your work.
Poor Management
Photographer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 25, 2017
I was laid off after being told I was performing well.
I took photos for yearbooks at schools across the state.
Hardest part of the job was waking up at 1-2 in the morning to get to a job sight.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Poor Management
Really fun workplace
Lifetouch (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLFebruary 25, 2017
I loved working at Lifetouch. It was an outlet to my creativity, and an opportunity to meet and bond with a variety of people.
Pros
Creative outlet, fun workplace
Cons
Not a lot of hours.
Going to new and exciting places and meeting people in a party atmosphere.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHFebruary 25, 2017
Arrive in the afternoon and set up equipment and table items. Shoot portraits of singles and couples at the event. Then you wait until the end of their dinner and begin to shoot candids of their event. The speakers, couples dancing, and friends enjoying their evening out.
Pros
They will usually invite you to the buffet dinner.
Cons
Traveling sometimes a long way home late at night.
I like working for this company I learned a lot about taking portraits
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day working with student and staff capturing special moments. Ensuring safety of all staff and students while creating a friendly environment photos.
I learned how to take professional portraits of students and staff
how to transport, setup and take down camera equipment
Pros
I learned great skills
Cons
camera equipment was heavy
Digital
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 22, 2017
I work with computer all night. Digital enhancement working with kids pictures afterward. I like working with computer using background replacement. Taking a figure in the picture take it out of the back that it was taken in then putting it in another one, for example If the customer like pink instead of grey you would go into the picture, trace then let the computer do the rest.
Good Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  muncie,INFebruary 22, 2017
Its a good job well paying management isnt up to par. They can do better with the scheduling . work place is a good work environment but management istn all good
Early mornings
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Extremely nice people to work with. Strictly seasonal until you build up time with company. Very early mornings. Hours not guaranteed. Drive time payed at different hourly rate than work time.
Pros
Employee owned
Cons
Them little clicks still exist
The Lifetouch Family
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 21, 2017
The 16+ years I spent working at Lifetouch was the most wonderful time of my career. The culture is very family oriented. We worked hard and laughed often. I was fortunate to work with an extremely talented HR group along with Sales and Marketing at Corporate headquarters. I would highly recommend a career with Lifetouch National School Studios!
Pros
Excellent work environment, ESOP
Positive, friendly atmosphere
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2017
Employees are friendly and easy to get along with. Management is open to listening to new ideas and implementing most ideas. Positive atmosphere. Systems are not so user friendly which can cause you to spend more time on certain aspects of your job than you should have to. Not a streamlined process within HR.
Lifetouch is a fine company
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed the interaction with our customers and the folks who ran our promotion in their churches. The travel became an issue. I am in search of more reliable compensation and benefits as well as employment closer to home.
fun workplace
Photographer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 15, 2017
fun workplace, seasonal for assistants, photographers can be full time if also doing sports in the winter. It's a fun job..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9