LifeWay Christian Resources

LifeWay Christian Resources Employee Reviews

Free books were great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 19, 2015
Overall I had a good experience. The only thing I dislike about the company is their willingness to sale, in my opinion, product that is contrary to Scripture.
A great place to work.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 14, 2015
Pros: A great job
Cons: not enough hours
Always friendly, very knowledgable about products. They have a variety of books, music, dvd's, bible study books, bibles and a whole lot of gift items for all occasions. And cards for all occations. This Christian book store stays busy all the time. But its hard to keep it fully staffed when the company is tied with government rules about full time employees.
Company in transition
Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Purpose, People
Cons: Minimal advancement opportunities, major transition
Great culture, benefits and purpose. Company is in a major transition to meet the changing marketplace demands. If they make it through this transition having made the right decisions, they will be the only major player in the Christian Publishing and Retail marketplace.
Learning more about Jesus. Our customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Meridian Ms.May 29, 2015
Pros: Rewarding though customers
Cons: Not enough people to go around
I learned a lot about myself in this job. The love I had for people. Being a witness for God, giving of myself to others. Honest, strong, positive,committed,confident always setting high goals for myself. Negative side of that was Corporate did not allow enough people to work there for Lifeway to take care of our customers.
Christian Work Environment for Retail
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING KEYHOLDER (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Positive Work Environment
Cons: Pay and Benefits not many full time positions
LifeWay is a retail store that offers product and services to customers in a Christian Environment. You have to love people and you must be able to believe in your product.
Great Company
Sales manager (Former Employee), Nashville TNApril 28, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: no advancement
Great working with fellow employees. Culture within departments is what makes the company great. Company is a good place to work.
Great place for christians
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: calm place
Cons: on feet all day
Great place for firm believers of God. Easy place to work. Helps you gain knowledge with Christianity Nice people to work with. Must complete a bible course to proceed with hiring. very easy. .
Good thought, bad execution... weak leadership
Director of eCommerce & Lifeway.com (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2015
Pros: nice people, nice vision
Cons: erroding marketshare, declining revenues, limited vision, weak management
I really like the mission and vision of this 120 year old company. By and large you'll meet some of the nicest people here. Unfortunately they are quite dysfunctional due to a lack of immature leadership. Where they once had capable Vice Presidents, they are now left with "yes men."
enjoyable atmosphere, good co-workers
Keyholder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoyed the atmosphere at Lifeway. Most of my co-workers were easy to work with. I did feel like the compensation was low compared to the work required. I did not always agree with management's decisions, but tried my best to comply with what they wanted.
Counterfeit unprofessional Christian atmosphere & environment
Seasonal team member (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 6, 2015
Cons: pay, hours, benefits, management, workers
Don't work at the Lifeway location in Monroe, LA in the Pecanland Mall area....The management are rude, unethical, racist & lazy always in the office on facebook, internet, reading their personal emails & making personal calls especially when it got really busy. Nothing about them or their employees are GODLY...I was hired as seasonal and it was the worst job I ever had; I wasn't properly or fully trained. Whenever I asked questions about what I needed to know I got rude comments from management & employees right infront of customers. I lost my badge one day & manager made me go home to look for it then texted me did I get lost on my way back to the job & said they were about to send out a search party. Manager also told me when he found out how old I was said he couldn't believe it because I act so childish. I've witnessed management being extremely rude to customers on several occasions including pastors & bishops. The reason they have a high turnover & can't keep no one is because of people who work there. There's an ugly spirit in that store & they already had 6 managers in a 2 year period.
Great People Great Manager
Customer Associate (Former Employee), Buford ga.January 27, 2015
Pros: if they offered me full time i would take it.
Cons: not enough hours.
Nothing bad to say about working at Lifeway. People there are awesome. If they offered me full time I would take it.
Great Environment and Team
Assistant Manager, and other Key Holders (Current Employee), Tustin, CAJanuary 21, 2015
This is a unique retail experience where there is a huge emphasis on ministry and it provides a great work/life balance.
Great company with a great mission
Video Merchandising Strategist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 31, 2014
LifeWay is an interesting mix of ministry and business. The people there are very passionate about their mission.

After leaving there over a year ago to start my own company, it has been good to continue to work with them as a client of my new business.

I will continue to recommend LifeWay as one of the best places to work in Nashville.
Decent job
Entry Level Employee (Former Employee), NashvilleDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
The only way to succeed at this company is to play office politics. Management wasn't good at honest communication - was afraid of hurting people's feelings. Made questionable business decisions. Never felt appreciated for the work I did.

Fellow employees were really nice - would never say a mean thing to your face. No crude humor/language or people coming to work hungover.
Fun and fulfilling work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 5, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working with LifeWay Christian Resources. The pay was minimum wage, but the life impact made with customers I met was worth it. It was a fulfilling place to work and the relationships made were very worth while. Ultimately, the work schedule wasn't flexible enough while I have been going through graduate studies.
LifeWay
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2014
• Managed the largest sales territory which consisted of over 4,000 churches in Kentucky, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts and Nevada
• Performed cold calls in multiple states to generate new accounts
• Developed and conducted training sessions for co-workers that promoted greater knowledge of product assortments, services and software applications
• Spearheaded sales campaign that generated 70 new accounts
• Trained and evaluated new hires
• Utilized Microsoft Excel to track customer buying patterns for dollars spent and seasoning spikes
Publishing Organization changing as the times require.
Manager/Advanced Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: family friendly, god-centered, great benefits.
Excellent workplace. Hard working teams changing to meet the new publishing paradigm. An organization filled with very smart people. Proud to have been part of LifeWay for 14 plus years.
Enjoy working with the people and customers
Senior-Level Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: work life balance
Good place to work with customers and I enjoyed helping people find the product they needed.
Productive and uplifting workplace with Christian values
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salem, NCJuly 15, 2014
- Excellent customer service
- Management that cared for employees
- Shortage of available hours was a challenge
Bibles! Books! More!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Lifeway because I was able to connect people to Bibles and books! I had to juggle my part-time schedule with family obligations and that was a challenge, but the management was so kind to me.

1 2 3

About LifeWay Christian Resources

LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, Bible – Read more

LifeWay Christian Resources Salaries