LifeWay Christian Resources

LifeWay Christian Resources Employee Reviews

Great Company
Sales manager (Former Employee), Nashville TNApril 28, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: no advancement
Great working with fellow employees. Culture within departments is what makes the company great. Company is a good place to work.
Great place for christians
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: calm place
Cons: on feet all day
Great place for firm believers of God. Easy place to work. Helps you gain knowledge with Christianity Nice people to work with. Must complete a bible course to proceed with hiring. very easy. .
Good thought, bad execution... weak leadership
Director of eCommerce & Lifeway.com (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2015
Pros: nice people, nice vision
Cons: erroding marketshare, declining revenues, limited vision, weak management
I really like the mission and vision of this 120 year old company. By and large you'll meet some of the nicest people here. Unfortunately they are quite dysfunctional due to a lack of immature leadership. Where they once had capable Vice Presidents, they are now left with "yes men."
enjoyable atmosphere, good co-workers
Keyholder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoyed the atmosphere at Lifeway. Most of my co-workers were easy to work with. I did feel like the compensation was low compared to the work required. I did not always agree with management's decisions, but tried my best to comply with what they wanted.
Counterfeit unprofessional Christian atmosphere & environment
Seasonal team member (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 6, 2015
Cons: pay, hours, benefits, management, workers
Don't work at the Lifeway location in Monroe, LA in the Pecanland Mall area....The management are rude, unethical, racist & lazy always in the office on facebook, internet, reading their personal emails & making personal calls especially when it got really busy. Nothing about them or their employees are GODLY...I was hired as seasonal and it was the worst job I ever had; I wasn't properly or fully trained. Whenever I asked questions about what I needed to know I got rude comments from management & employees right infront of customers. I lost my badge one day & manager made me go home to look for it then texted me did I get lost on my way back to the job & said they were about to send out a search party. Manager also told me when he found out how old I was said he couldn't believe it because I act so childish. I've witnessed management being extremely rude to customers on several occasions including pastors & bishops. The reason they have a high turnover & can't keep no one is because of people who work there. There's an ugly spirit in that store & they already had 6 managers in a 2 year period.
Great People Great Manager
Customer Associate (Former Employee), Buford ga.January 27, 2015
Pros: if they offered me full time i would take it.
Cons: not enough hours.
Nothing bad to say about working at Lifeway. People there are awesome. If they offered me full time I would take it.
Great Environment and Team
Assistant Manager, and other Key Holders (Current Employee), Tustin, CAJanuary 21, 2015
This is a unique retail experience where there is a huge emphasis on ministry and it provides a great work/life balance.
Great company with a great mission
Video Merchandising Strategist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 31, 2014
LifeWay is an interesting mix of ministry and business. The people there are very passionate about their mission.

After leaving there over a year ago to start my own company, it has been good to continue to work with them as a client of my new business.

I will continue to recommend LifeWay as one of the best places to work in Nashville.
Decent job
Entry Level Employee (Former Employee), NashvilleDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
The only way to succeed at this company is to play office politics. Management wasn't good at honest communication - was afraid of hurting people's feelings. Made questionable business decisions. Never felt appreciated for the work I did.

Fellow employees were really nice - would never say a mean thing to your face. No crude humor/language or people coming to work hungover.
Fun and fulfilling work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 5, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working with LifeWay Christian Resources. The pay was minimum wage, but the life impact made with customers I met was worth it. It was a fulfilling place to work and the relationships made were very worth while. Ultimately, the work schedule wasn't flexible enough while I have been going through graduate studies.
LifeWay
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2014
• Managed the largest sales territory which consisted of over 4,000 churches in Kentucky, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts and Nevada
• Performed cold calls in multiple states to generate new accounts
• Developed and conducted training sessions for co-workers that promoted greater knowledge of product assortments, services and software applications
• Spearheaded sales campaign that generated 70 new accounts
• Trained and evaluated new hires
• Utilized Microsoft Excel to track customer buying patterns for dollars spent and seasoning spikes
Publishing Organization changing as the times require.
Manager/Advanced Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: family friendly, god-centered, great benefits.
Excellent workplace. Hard working teams changing to meet the new publishing paradigm. An organization filled with very smart people. Proud to have been part of LifeWay for 14 plus years.
Enjoy working with the people and customers
Senior-Level Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: work life balance
Good place to work with customers and I enjoyed helping people find the product they needed.
Productive and uplifting workplace with Christian values
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salem, NCJuly 15, 2014
- Excellent customer service
- Management that cared for employees
- Shortage of available hours was a challenge
Bibles! Books! More!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Lifeway because I was able to connect people to Bibles and books! I had to juggle my part-time schedule with family obligations and that was a challenge, but the management was so kind to me.
Productive and upbeat work atmosphere with Christian peers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day consists of coming into con act with customers on a consistent basis. This includes POS, product knowledge, and current experiences. Restocking items throughout the day is also an important task to get all product possible on the floor. Management and accountability is important to this job in returns and daily tasks. My co-workers make the experience at LifeWay the greatest. Friendships are built meanwhile pleasing customers together. There aren't any hard parts to this job, it's mostly a learning experience on a daily basis.
A Slower-Paced Job but a Great Atmosphere
SALES CLERK (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MODecember 27, 2013
Pros: awesome co-workers, great product
Cons: low pay, can't move very high in management unless you are part of the southern baptist convention
A Typical Day at Work:
I would stock our product, not only books but artwork, movies, music and gift items. This is done throughout the shift, and is not the priority. The main emphasis of my shift is to talk to customers and help them with whatever they need. Plus-selling and capturing customer information is required but is a reasonable percentage of transactions. If I opened or closed there were different cleaning responsibilities as well as counting down the registers.

What I learned:
I learned about sales, zoning and how to interact with retail customers.
A very specific tip I learned from one manager was to display items in a triangle to help sell product and keep things looking neat.

Management:
Management was fine, easy to talk to always available to help, and kindly encourage plus-selling.

Co-Workers:
I worked here for a while, and there seemed to be a core of about 10 of us who stayed, after us there seemed to be a high turnover rate. Almost everybody was very easy to get along with and everybody worked hard so there was no extra slack to pick up.

Hardest Part:
Plus-Selling the random items at the register.

Most Enjoyable:
I would have to say the atmosphere. I very seldom had those "I just don't want to go to work" days. I enjoyed spending the time with my co-workers as well as seeing the new books we would get in.
I loved that I could be openly Christian here and could help others come to know Christ
Key Holder/Shift Supervisor/Asst Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 21, 2013
Pros: open about faith, christian company, good hours, closed holidays
Cons: short lunch breaks, small break room, small stock room
It was slow at times, but I helped with product display, Asst. Manager, made the schedule, called customers back, helped to advertise special events, and work them inside the store. I helped the Store manager accomplish monthly sales goals, organized and retailed products, put stock away. I loved this job and would have stayed had the opportunity to advance would have been there. I was capped on what I could make an hour, and would have to wait a long time to get my own store. I loved my coworkers and the environment is just different when you can openly talk about your beliefs.
Retail Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), AshevilleNovember 19, 2013
Loved retail, loved my customers. Did everything from clean the occasional toilet to special order and receiving. Learned a lot about retail and management here,
Creative position which allowed me the opportunity to use my talents.
Equipment Operator II (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 30, 2013
Pros: able to grow and learn from different training.
Cons: moving away
I worked in a word-processing pool where employees within the organization brought work to me.

I learned how to work well with others as a team player.

Management was very fair and professional.

The hardest part of the job was moving away.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a very professional organization with a lot of positive beliefs. Bonuses were given when a person performed well. Chapel services on Friday were always a plus.

1 2 3

About LifeWay Christian Resources

LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, Bible – Read more

LifeWay Christian Resources Salaries