LifeWay Christian Resources Employee Reviews

Was pretty good for a first job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 15, 2017
This was the first job that I ever learned and it taught me many things about customer service which I have been able to use frequently in my life. Great Staff.
Fun summer camp position
Bible Study Leader (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYMay 7, 2017
I was given the opportunity to serve kids during summer camp by teaching bible studies and archery. This was a very fun and exciting job and my entire leadership staff was very easy going.
Pros
Good staff
Retail Norm
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 6, 2017
I have worked with LifeWay for almost 10 years and I've worked myself from a part time associate to management. Unfortunately, that is where the line ends. With so few positions to move into and with such high job security, it makes it nearly impossible to move forward into a higher position.
Pros
Job Security, Christian Environment, Ministry
Cons
Little Ability for Advancement, Pay is Meager, Typical Retail
Great place to work!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2017
LifeWay is a great place to work. There is opportunity to grow and the people. It is awesome to work in in a place where you can go to chapel to worship God.
Great ideals
Co-Manager/MIT (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 5, 2017
Love the atmosphere of work and co-workers. The hours are not great. Every weekend and Holiday. CEO and high end is wonderful, it depends on the Manager of the store for working conditions. It isn't always the best. Lots of different things to do while working, stocking, help customers, clean, clearance, and returns.
Pros
Customers, co workers
Cons
No advancement, no set schedule, every holiday.
A typical day at work
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  New Carlisle, OHMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work varied because I was a foster parent and I had a variety of children in my home at once. All had different medical and or psychological problems. I learned that all children loved their parents no matter what they had done to them or what they did to themselves. Management was really nice and easy to talk to. The hardest part was watching them leave and go back to their parents or other relatives. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children grow into young men. I only took in boys, at this time.
Pros
Variety of different children I met
Cons
Some of the children were hurt so much they had a hard time coping
Great job and people
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 8, 2017
Working with Lifeway was very rewarding for me. I learned so much about Christian retail. I loved the freedom to interact with guests who may need prayer or just a kind word. There were many great people I worked with and it was fun to go to work each day. I also learned the working of the backroom with shipping and receiving.
Productive work place
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 17, 2017
I have learned how to work in a team. All of the team members are of great help and made the work environment most enjoyable without any disturbances.
I love my coworkers and my work atmosphere.
Associate/CLT (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 5, 2017
I love coming to work everyday. LifeWay is a great place to work, I only wish they offered more hours to their employees. It is difficult having to work multiple jobs to make ends meet simply because they can't give enough hours due to not allowing full time associates; even when they don't need benefits. To me, that is the hardest part of the job...not having enough hours. Just being in an open and welcoming work place is great. Being able to talk about the Word and pray every day is wonderful.
Productive and exciting workplace.
Gift Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 31, 2017
I enjoyed working at LifeWay - I was responsible for the gift department- product placement, displays, ordering products, customer service and even occasionally worked a register.
Pros
Great hours, great environment
Cons
No cons
Associate (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 30, 2017
Good place to work. For the most part, customers are very friendly. Good staff to work with. Good Benefits. Pay could be much better.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Pay is not very good
great job
Shift Manger (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 19, 2017
loved it... great atmosphere and people loved being able to talk about god openly.. pay is minimal but its retail so that is why
Great Family Orient Company
Retail Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
Work for Lifeway for 16 years. Management is good and cared about the staff. Training on new system and new procedures was always on point and updated to meet employees command. Company downsize was reason for position eliminated.
Pros
Always will trained flexible work schedule.
Cons
Better Salary
Amazing Summer
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2017
I had an amazing summer working for Lifeway CentriKid camps. It was a great learning experience that stretched me to rely on others for encouragement and strength.
Calm work environment with not so many benefits
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 20, 2016
The people are for the most part great. Only offer part time jobs so it's the not the most ideal job if you have a family to care for. Advancement opportunities are minimal. They started hiring from the outside so it doesn't matter if you've been there 10 years you're probably still going to be a part time sales associate. In order to get a considerable raise, you have to be promoted to keyholder which will be hard since they hire from the outside now.
Productive and great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 17, 2016
Lifeway is wonderful company filled with good people of great integrity. The work environment is serious, but still fun and open. We get the job done, but we enjoy those we work alongside to get it acomoplished. I couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
Pros
Good work environment, flexible scheduling, decent hours.
Cons
Not a lot of full time positions, not very good benefits available
Like working with your family
Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 8, 2016
Lifeway was a wonderful experience that didn't feel like a job at all. The consensus between employees is that they are there to serve their customers with humility and capability. It was a joy to manage a group of people that were internally motivated.
Pros
Wonderful employee and customer interaction, faith based network
Cons
Communication and dispersement of information at the district level
Great place to work and great group of people!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 31, 2016
I had the priveledge of working here for three years and they were amazing. Management is very understanding and the team is fun and energetic, kind and understanding.
Uplifting Christian environment Positive
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 3, 2016
Fun, Happy environment. uplifting and positive. I am needing more hourly pay, benefits, full time for my 2 children and I to make it. I love and admire all my managers and co workers, they are all amazing and I enjoy working with them all.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Working at LifeWay was an overall amazing experience. Amazing staff to work with, and fun work environment. The customers were easy to work with and almost always friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeWay Christian Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2