LifeWay Christian Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 14, 2016
Enjoyed working in a relaxed environment. My coworkers were a pleasure to work with each day as well. Mostly pleasant customers.
Wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson County, SCMay 18, 2016
Great place to work. You learn that there are all types of lives that come through the store that you can minister too. But we must remember that no matter where you work at, there are always someone out there that you can minister too.
Most everyone is great to wok with.
The hardest part: All management is Great to work with except one, Being more friendlier would help a lot!!! A SMILE can go along way!!!! If this particular one don't like you, they show it!!
I've heard many complain how rude some of the workers can be, so I would do my best to go beyond that and prove to the customers that they are very important when they enter the store.
Pros
Being able to meet people and help them with their needs.
Cons
You never know how your schedule is from week to week, Very disappointing when you depend on your job to meet your needs, money wise.You cannot depend on Lifeway to meet your income needs.
Productive, fun, and loving work plave
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 11, 2016
This was the best job. If I could work here I would, but the location of where I will be this summer will not work out. This job provides a loving, fun, productive, and healthy job atmosphere. They all put others needs before themselves even when it comes to restocking the shelves or inventory. Everyday was always a little different and I loved every day there.
Content in the store is excellent, management was not.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 9, 2016
Lots of hard work for very low pay, even by Montana standards. Weak, passive aggressive manager, which made the work environment less than desirable, and often very frustrating.
Other co-workers for the most part were great!

Loved the content in the store and everything else Lifeway stands for.

Prior to working there, I had been told it was a difficult place to work, which proved to be true - sadly.

Many demands to stock, organize and merchandise the store, while maintaining the utmost focus on customer service. We were always understaffed - initially due to low payroll budget and then to employees calling in saying they couldn't work for various reasons, which was often due to low morale. No one was ever held accountable.

I learned that I still love books and people in general, but managing people is not for me. I love to coach and encourage people, however! I prefer to not work in a retail setting.
Good Christian Atmosphere and customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCMarch 16, 2016
Most of the co workers and customers are good Christian people. Working there as just a part time Associate is pretty easy you just help customers, stock items and check out people at the register. As an Assistant Manager the expectations get pretty high. You have to make sure sales floor stays clean and shoppable pretty much all the time. The pay is isn't that much better but you gain some good management experience if you have aspirations to move up in the company. If you're a single person providing for yourself it's pretty difficult because of the pay but it's a good enviornment and you get Sundays off.
Pros
Atmosphere, Closed Sundays, friendly customers and co-workerrs
Cons
The pay and the expectations in management
Great Place
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 22, 2016
As a college student, I had few hours that I was available. Lifeway was only able to offer me minimal hours anyway. It worked out perfectly
Wonderful workplace
CentriKid Camps (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 17, 2016
I love working for LifeWay. I get to rub elbows with folks who love the Lord deeply and want to serve Him well. Great offices. High-stress job with continuous work-minded culture.
Great Place to Work
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJanuary 6, 2016
They took very good care of us staffers throughout the summer! I would highly recommend this wonderful company to everybody.
Easy paced job environment.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 5, 2015
A typical day is easy and normal paced. My co-workers are nice as well as my boss. The hardest part was when there were alot of people and alot of phone calls when there were only three workers. The most enjoyable part was being able to connect to my co-workers.
Pros
Nice people.
Christ centered business
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 7, 2015
I love Lifeway and the management that is chosen to run each facility. I have never experienced drama between coworkers. Employees strive to maintain positive attitudes always.
Customer Focused Atmosphere
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 9, 2015
Working at LifeWay was wonderful. I was blessed with the opportunity to engage the LifeWay culture with the top of the line customer assistance partnered with a Christian focus. I have no complaints.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 7, 2015
Great work environment
Learned produck knowledge
Helpful managers
Great team members
Avoid taking some things personally
The satisfaction of helping others
Free books were great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2015
Overall I had a good experience. The only thing I dislike about the company is their willingness to sale, in my opinion, product that is contrary to Scripture.
A great place to work.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 14, 2015
Always friendly, very knowledgable about products. They have a variety of books, music, dvd's, bible study books, bibles and a whole lot of gift items for all occasions. And cards for all occations. This Christian book store stays busy all the time. But its hard to keep it fully staffed when the company is tied with government rules about full time employees.
Pros
A great job
Cons
not enough hours
Company in transition
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2015
Great culture, benefits and purpose. Company is in a major transition to meet the changing marketplace demands. If they make it through this transition having made the right decisions, they will be the only major player in the Christian Publishing and Retail marketplace.
Pros
Benefits, Purpose, People
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities, major transition
Learning more about Jesus. Our customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian Ms.May 29, 2015
I learned a lot about myself in this job. The love I had for people. Being a witness for God, giving of myself to others. Honest, strong, positive,committed,confident always setting high goals for myself. Negative side of that was Corporate did not allow enough people to work there for Lifeway to take care of our customers.
Pros
Rewarding though customers
Cons
Not enough people to go around
Christian Work Environment for Retail
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING KEYHOLDER (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 6, 2015
LifeWay is a retail store that offers product and services to customers in a Christian Environment. You have to love people and you must be able to believe in your product.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Pay and Benefits not many full time positions
Great Company
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville TNApril 28, 2015
Great working with fellow employees. Culture within departments is what makes the company great. Company is a good place to work.
Pros
employees
Cons
no advancement
Great place for christians
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Great place for firm believers of God. Easy place to work. Helps you gain knowledge with Christianity Nice people to work with. Must complete a bible course to proceed with hiring. very easy. .
Pros
calm place
Cons
on feet all day
Good thought, bad execution... weak leadership
Director of eCommerce & Lifeway.com (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2015
I really like the mission and vision of this 120 year old company. By and large you'll meet some of the nicest people here. Unfortunately they are quite dysfunctional due to a lack of immature leadership. Where they once had capable Vice Presidents, they are now left with "yes men."
Pros
nice people, nice vision
Cons
erroding marketshare, declining revenues, limited vision, weak management

4.3