LifeWorks Employee Reviews in United States

Lifeworks, Inc.
Teacher / Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 30, 2016
In my nearly 4 full years working for Lifeworks I have had the great pleasure of interacting with some of the most genuine and caring people yet. Taking care of physically and developmentally disable clients take a person that with great patience, attention to detail, understanding, and teamwork at the very least. As a teacher / counselor I worked the 56hr Thursday - Sunday position and the hardest part of the job is making sure every little thing is accounted for and taken care of. This job has taught me to understand the difficulties of parenthood and then some like no other job could. So whether it is helping the clients shower, shave or get their meals cooked or even going out into community or helping them with medications there is always one more thing to take care of. The never ending list of things to do like paperwork, house cleaning, and scheduling doctor appointments can be the hardest part of the job since the list never ever ends. Hands down the best part of the job are the clients that you work for and with, and helping them with their goals.
Pros
The benefits are top notch.
Extremely hands on and always something to do.
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work is very fast pace that required a lot of communication with the staff on shift. Each shift consist of several tasks and clients that required different needs. This environment has taught me that the only way to complete multiple tasks at once is by having a plan prior to engaging on any assignments and if there is a team envolved, everyone on the team must be on the same page. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people with different personalities.
LifeWorks is an amazing organization who give 150% to their clients that they serve, as well as the community as a whole.
Community Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 5, 2016
LifeWorks is another amazing non profit organization to work for. They have a real passion for serving adults with disabilities. They always strive to provide the best supports they can.
Innovative, and beneficial
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNAugust 19, 2016
Life works helped diabled adults it was a school and very benefitical people to work with. The surrounding made anyone comfortable and relaxed. Great place to volunteer as I did.
Great place to work if you want variety
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 19, 2016
There is not a single day at Lifeworks that has ever been the same. The coworkers I have really make going to work fun. Sometimes it is difficult to go to work not having your boss there every day, but with some brainstorming, my coworkers and I usually solve the day to day problems.
It is a fun and caring environment to work at. Employees are very friendly.
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 19, 2016
I've learned different ways to communicate with patients with different disabilities. There's really no bad days. Some days are just more challenging than others. Patients can have bad days too and sometime you have to show a lot of empathy and caring.
Pros
The hours are very flexible.
Cons
Sometime I don't get as much hours as I would like.
Boring, moody employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work phone ringing non stop, depts.slacking not accepting calls, upsets callers, they don't want to leave a message,
LifeWorks was something new that i learned and got the hang of.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 18, 2016
Lifeworks did not let me know that I was going to be let go due to not having a client. Despite this, it was refreshing to work with the company.
Pros
New experience
Cons
Have a client to go in with.
Trying to change the world
Administrative Assistant/ Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2014
If you're looking for a way to better the world one client at a time and don't expect too much in the way of compensation, then this is for you.
Pros
rewarding occupation
Cons
mediocre compensation
There was no room to move up in the company.
Direct Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAMay 4, 2012
It was very difficult to move up in this company. There was no human resource department. Some of the managers did not meet the requirements or skills to be a manager.
Pros
healthcare benefits started right away
Cons
heavy work schedule, no hr department
Rewarding work
Direct support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2015
This is a large agency with many components and many moving pieces that don't always align. It is however a rewarding place to work and it has a supportive atmosphere of people who believe in doing good work.
Amazing place to work
Program Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  austinAugust 20, 2015
Very supportive and strengths based culture. Flexible work environment that values their employees. Many opportunities for professional development, professional development is supported and encouraged.
I wouldn't do it again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 23, 2015
I would take care of adults in their home as well as take them out into the community. My co-workers were bad about gossiping and very disrespectful. I did love spending time with my clients though.
Great and fast paced job
cashier (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 16, 2015
I worked Saturday-Tuesday where I did a daily deposit open and closed. The management there is great they have assembled a great compatible team. Something I learned is how to speak to other co-workers when they need to improve on something since I am the safety lead.
Challenging Place To Work
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 15, 2014
The typical day of an in-home caregiver is much the same as running your own life; you simply help clients do the same. I learned how to interact with different kinds of clients and their issues, as well as how to help others to have a nicer life. My co-workers were, for the most part, eager to help and work together when circumstances required. The hardest part of the job was the unpredictable schedule, where we sometimes got taken off of a shift or added at the last moment. The most enjoyable part were the clients themselves; they always kept me guessing.
Pros
interesting people, feeling of accomplishment
Cons
unpredictable schedules, backbiting among admins, fait accompli statements from management
Great Work Place
Assistant Patient Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 15, 2015
Very flexible and very convenient. I love working from home because it provides a great experience for me and my family.
An Amazing learning experiance
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNJuly 30, 2014
I love my job very much, I take it very seriously. I take care of children that have special needs and help them with day to day life duties. I learned that there are many different ways to be a team member and to help people. I love the different culture and I can dive right in.

The hardest part of the job is that is can be very stressful but that pushes me to be better and to not let it rule over me.
The most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on the clients faces and knowing that not only did they learn something new but I did as well.
Pros
i can wear what i want as long as its respectful
Cons
there is no health care plan
High energy
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Hustle and bustle to keep the clients always productive. That there are people out there that need help and not all of them get it. Managment wasnt so great, was never there and I could never ask question or get suggestions. Most of the emloyees were very helpful and easy to work with. The hardest part was getting hit, bit, pinched or get your hair pulled. Not the highlight of my day. Most enjoyable was when I made a difference in someones life.
Pros
getting to make a difference
Cons
getting hit, bit, pinched, or get your hair pulled
Fun fast paced working environment with fun outings.
PCA (Current Employee) –  Saint Francis, MNMarch 16, 2013
A typical day involves making sure the two autistic kids have fun where ever we go. Make sure the kids have there bathroom breaks and meals. I keep them happy with good hygiene, meals, beverages and make sure i keep them in there routines as far as meals and there day to day life. I keep up with what they learned in school and apply that while we are out and about. I really enjoy taking the kids out with there main PCA and seeing them having fun and smiling it is rewarding to me when I see them happy. The hardest part of the job is taking care of the kids when they are sick. It breaks my heart to see them miserable and sick. This job is a blast. The kids main PCA and I get along very well and we have there routines down and this makes the time we take them out more enjoyable. I have learned alot about autism and enjoy working with special needs people.
Productive and fun work place with alot of work to do.
PCA (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 24, 2012
On a typical Tuesday at work I would pick my client up from the bus stop and take him home to eat lunch. We could chat about school while he ate his snack and shortly after we would get ready for therapy. Every time before we left I would make sure he had on a clean pull-up, and if not, I would clean him up. After therapy, my client always gets Mac Donald’s; that would be his treat for having a successful day. Depending on how he was feeling that day we would go on an extra activity, such as the park, pool, or even zoo. I would always ask him question him about what was going on around us so he could work on his verbal skills, and try to put things together at the same time. Throughout the entire day we would also work on him requesting things, and wanting to do thing, using all the opportunities we had for extra learning in. After our adventures Tuesday, I would bring him home and his mother would bath him, feed him again, and get him ready for bed. Every Tuesday was almost the same.
Pros
working with kids (autistic), flexing schedule, real relationships
Cons
more hours, more work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeWorks. Our community is ready to answer.