LifeWorks Employee Reviews

Not sure
Community Support Aid (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WAMay 29, 2017
This job is good but doesn't pay enough for the work that is being done. It's nice to know that you are making a difference in the lives of other people.
Be smart going in.
Service Coordinator II SPMI (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 29, 2017
Be aware that the pay is comparable to the market, not more as the job posting would have you believe. Be ready for a high caseload to begin with and learning as you go with little to no direction. Paperwork is overwhelming and supervisory support is underwhelming. SPMI is a challenging population. Self-care is necessary to the maximum amount.
Pros
Healthcare and clients.
Cons
Lack of support from management.
Community driven
Program Director, Workforce and Education (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
Some amazing staff members committed to the children and young adults that are homeless and leaving the foster care system in Travis county. Leadership has a true heart for Austin and the staff...
good safe work inviroment
Sous chef Cosmopolitan Resort and Casino (EDR) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2017
as a company in business dinning the concept is amazing, its an exciting work environment, great place to gain experience in world cuisine.pay is decent benefits are good, the downside threw my experience they could careless about your personal needs and family; HR has to much involvement and they dont tend to promote from with in when they have qualified staff. management is for themselves and not the employee.. i loved my job there and was very dedicated to staying with lifeworks and being part of its developing sucess. i loved my job the job didn't love me . Bad Manager/chef
Customer Service
Job Coach - Saint Paul Companies Account (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Working as supervisor. I did handle 15 to 20 People. I did work from home and all the time. When you are responsible you have to work all the time
Great place to work! Great benefits and rewarding work.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longview, WADecember 21, 2016
This is one of the best jobs I have ever had they are always willing to train you and help you develop your skills. Very flexible with you schedule and willing to accommodate family needs
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Salary
Rewarding job working with individuals with disabilities
Teacher / Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MASeptember 15, 2016
Each day at work is completely different. There are usually many different appointments or activities that need to be done each day. I have had mostly excellent co-workers who have amazing work ethics and truly enjoy helping our individuals to succeed in their lives, jobs and recreational interests.

Unfortunately, the salary does not increase very often and new employees make the exact same salary as someone who has worked ten plus years at the company. There are also not many opportunities for advancement. Once someone is promoted, they stay in that position until they retire.
Pros
Excellent paid time off package, usually are very flexible to allow you to take off when you need.
Cons
Long hours and often short staffed with unreliable relief workers who call out without notice.
fun place to work at
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2016
I loved this place because of the kind hearted people that I worked for. I enjoyed helping them seeing there face everyday gave me life. I enjoyed there company.
Innovative, and beneficial
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNAugust 19, 2016
Life works helped diabled adults it was a school and very benefitical people to work with. The surrounding made anyone comfortable and relaxed. Great place to volunteer as I did.
LifeWorks is an amazing organization who give 150% to their clients that they serve, as well as the community as a whole.
Community Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 5, 2016
LifeWorks is another amazing non profit organization to work for. They have a real passion for serving adults with disabilities. They always strive to provide the best supports they can.
Lifeworks, Inc.
Teacher / Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 30, 2016
In my nearly 4 full years working for Lifeworks I have had the great pleasure of interacting with some of the most genuine and caring people yet. Taking care of physically and developmentally disable clients take a person that with great patience, attention to detail, understanding, and teamwork at the very least. As a teacher / counselor I worked the 56hr Thursday - Sunday position and the hardest part of the job is making sure every little thing is accounted for and taken care of. This job has taught me to understand the difficulties of parenthood and then some like no other job could. So whether it is helping the clients shower, shave or get their meals cooked or even going out into community or helping them with medications there is always one more thing to take care of. The never ending list of things to do like paperwork, house cleaning, and scheduling doctor appointments can be the hardest part of the job since the list never ever ends. Hands down the best part of the job are the clients that you work for and with, and helping them with their goals.
Pros
The benefits are top notch.
Extremely hands on and always something to do.
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work is very fast pace that required a lot of communication with the staff on shift. Each shift consist of several tasks and clients that required different needs. This environment has taught me that the only way to complete multiple tasks at once is by having a plan prior to engaging on any assignments and if there is a team envolved, everyone on the team must be on the same page. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people with different personalities.
Boring, moody employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work phone ringing non stop, depts.slacking not accepting calls, upsets callers, they don't want to leave a message,
Great place to work if you want variety
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 19, 2016
There is not a single day at Lifeworks that has ever been the same. The coworkers I have really make going to work fun. Sometimes it is difficult to go to work not having your boss there every day, but with some brainstorming, my coworkers and I usually solve the day to day problems.
It is a fun and caring environment to work at. Employees are very friendly.
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 19, 2016
I've learned different ways to communicate with patients with different disabilities. There's really no bad days. Some days are just more challenging than others. Patients can have bad days too and sometime you have to show a lot of empathy and caring.
Pros
The hours are very flexible.
Cons
Sometime I don't get as much hours as I would like.
LifeWorks was something new that i learned and got the hang of.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 18, 2016
Lifeworks did not let me know that I was going to be let go due to not having a client. Despite this, it was refreshing to work with the company.
Pros
New experience
Cons
Have a client to go in with.
Rewarding work
Direct support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2015
This is a large agency with many components and many moving pieces that don't always align. It is however a rewarding place to work and it has a supportive atmosphere of people who believe in doing good work.
I wouldn't do it again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 23, 2015
I would take care of adults in their home as well as take them out into the community. My co-workers were bad about gossiping and very disrespectful. I did love spending time with my clients though.
Amazing place to work
Program Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  austinAugust 20, 2015
Very supportive and strengths based culture. Flexible work environment that values their employees. Many opportunities for professional development, professional development is supported and encouraged.
Great Work Place
Assistant Patient Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 15, 2015
Very flexible and very convenient. I love working from home because it provides a great experience for me and my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeWorks. Our community is ready to answer.