Lighthouse Academies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Stressful and disorganized
teacher (Former Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 9, 2016
Administration lasts 1-2 years, so things are constantly changing. Curriculum also only lasts 1-2 years. The result is very disorganized environment full of people that are under informed. You are evaluated by not only your principal and superintendent, but also the Charter renewal company. This leads to a constant pressure of trying to be good enough. Students are difficult, but that is to be expected in a Charter School. Administration does not hold students accountable for their actions. Students can hit teachers and other students and be back in class in 30 minutes. Do not be fooled, they do not care about you. This is not a school it is a business.
Pros
high pay
Cons
stress, inconsistent, disorganized
Closing the Achievement Gap
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 26, 2013
Lighthouse Academies is a great place to work. I've learned so many things there because they are very strong with professional development. A typical workday for me was a roller coaster ride. I say this because I dealt with parents and students and I needed for both teacher and parent to be on the same page that we wanted what was best for kids. I found myself constantly having to adapt to many different situations when it came to parent/teacher relationships. Hardest part of my job was getting everyone on the same page when it came to Special Education Law and behavior. Since I was a classroom teacher I could understand the frustrations of the teachers and on the administrative side I knew what needed to happen. It was rewarding working there and I decided to move on after the merger of the schools. Most enjoyable part of the job was the community building, the eager parents and the loving students.
Pros
caring community, competitive salary, professional development

2.3