Lighthouse Youth Services Employee Reviews

Productive work environment and great for advancement
Youth Worker (Current Employee), Cincinnati OHJune 3, 2015
Pros: Flexiable
Cons: none
Great place to work. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive of the work. The hardest part of the job is seeing youth who have no self motivation. The most enjoyable part about the job is helping youth advance in life, and strive towards a positive life. Management is very supportive and fair.
A great agency with chances to advance
Wrap (Current Employee), CincinnatiMay 15, 2015
I have been at this agency for almost 8 years and I have learned a lot about the social work field. The supervisors are very helpful and encouraging. They work with a variety of people and that is a great experience.
Productive and Good atomsphere
Date Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2015
I gained alot of knowledge working with different staff members. I also gained alot of skills doing different tasks. The work hours were flexiable.
Previously Employed
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Bainbridge, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: over time hours
Cons: mis-managed, improper supervision, high expectations
Lighthouse at Bainbridge is understaffed yet they let some of their better care workers go and give no reason for doing so. There is no job security when you are in training, not being told what you may be doing wrong or given the opportunity to correct your mistakes as you learn, you are just terminated. They expect you to come in knowing everything and doing it all right. Group leaders (supervisors) are not open with the employees they supervise and they do not teach you. I got to work A LOT of hours for the 3 months I worked there, which meant A LOT of overtime pay, but I was not given a fair chance to get established there.
I worked @ Paint Creek as a Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee), Bainbridge, OhioNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free meals while coverage.
Cons: horrible hours, weekends, and consistently understaffed.
This is a severely mis-managed facility that recently closed a dorm due to staffing issues. The work is not conducive to family life nor do they have any intent on bettering this aspect of the job. A clear divide between management and youth workers.
Lighthouse Youth is a fun and good learning experence
Youth Apprentice (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2014
Lighthouse Youth Services thought teach me good working ethics, salesmanship skills and communicating skills.
First Real Job
Coordinator Autism Program (Former Employee), Cincinnati, ohAugust 5, 2014
Lighthouse Youth Services was my first job right out of college. The staff was positive, encouraging, and always willing to help. I immediately felt right at home.
Okay place for experience but political.
Case Manager/Youth Worker II (Former Employee), Bainbridge, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: experience, teamwork dynamic, work both in and outdoors.
Cons: political atmosphere, working with dangerous kids, weak health benefits, rotating schedule.
I originally started out as a PRN youth worker. I had no experience in working corrections or counseling. As I got further into the job I discovered that counseling is what I wanted to do as a profession. I enjoyed working with the boys and some of my fellow staff members. I didn't like the supervisor I was given however I personally felt that him and other higher ups evaluate you and talk to you like the boys. The only way to get ahead there is to be chummy with the people in leadership roles. Its a good place for experience but very political. Its great if you want to work as a PRN but the worst mistake I made was deciding to work full time.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Bainbridge OhioFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free meals, advancement, education reimbursement
Cons: rotating schedule
Loved the environment; Co workers are wonderful support system; Learned a lot about corrections and mental health. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients. The hardest part of the job was the rotating schedule. If it weren't for that I would probably go back.
Wonderful place
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: too many to name
Cons: not many at all
Lighthouse provides a unique opportunity for its employees in a friendly environment that fosters professional growth and development.
Wiling to help youth and families
Youth Worker, Youth Crisis Center (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Unlike any other organization The Lighthouse works to help all youth and families
This postion allowed me to work with youth.
PRN/Wrap (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: being out in the community
Cons: not being compensated for your gas and mileage.
In this position I would pick clients up and take them out in the community doing various activities. I learned that there is a huge need for mentors in our communities. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you gave the clients what they needed. the most enjoyable part is when you could see the joy in the eyes of clients you worked with.
Oververall fun place of employement
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 27, 2013
I loved it. The working environment is such a pleasant thing to be apart of
Fun internship and learning experience
Youth Development Center Intern (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2013
•Facilitated and supervised the day-to-day operations and activities of 15 at-risk, ward-of-the-state males between ages of 11 -17.
•Plan, organize, and manage resources to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
•Assisted in leadership and guidance for at-risk males in areas of professional and academic development.
•Developed programs that improved at-risk males personable skills and, dealing with angry and issues.
Productive and fun place to work
Therapist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2013
Pros: relationships with co-workers and clients
Cons: recidivism with clients
A typical day at work two to three home therapy visits in a day. What I learned was to apply knowledge and wisdom to my clients directly related to my education. The management was flexible and always available. My co-workers were fun, compassionate, and energetic. The hardest part of the job, was setting appropriate boundaries and wathching clients sabatoge themselves repeatedly. The most enjoyable part to the job was learning from the psychiatrist about medications and setting healthy boundaries. Which I have grown to appreciate and understand the importance of . And witnessing clients improve their overall quality of life by following the goals they set and growing up.
enjoyable place to work
Youth Worker (Current Employee), cincinnati, ohioJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no healthcare for as needed employees
I cant tell about a typical day at Lighthouse because we work with various clients and all of their situations are unique. I've learned working here is that when we think that we have it bad, then the next person may have it worse. Management is good. I love my supervisor, she's always been a pleasure to work with, she's open-minded and flexible. I only really see my coworkers if we are relieving one another or at meetings. the hardest part of the job is working with difficult clients who cannot help their condition. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people which is something that I love to do
Fun working with and helping adolescence
Senior Youth Worker/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2012
Pros: making a different in the quality of a child(ren) life
Cons: short breaks
Typical day - Responsible for the daily activities in a mental health therapuetical environment, facilitated groups

Learned - Not to judge

Managment - Always showed concerns for staff and children

Co-workers - Great relationship

Hardest of the job - When the child escalated, they were sometimes sent to Children's Hospital Psych Emergency Services

Most enjoyable - Seeing the child get better and go home