Lighthouse Youth Services Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHJanuary 15, 2017
The place is a good place to work with the exception they treat the third shift employees very wrong, going from days to nights i realized that fast. They let the first shift walk all over us I personally experienced someone had broken their hand and went to the hospital and the company was threatening them to write them up for a late call off by 30 min, but there are multiple first shift workers that call off with 20 min. till they had to report or call off sick the day before they were even scheduled and they never were written up or sanctioned. There are many many reasons this place is a joke. I just personally am bugged by the few I have listed.
Great learning experience
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2016
I was able to learn so many hands on techniques. I truly enjoyed being here at this job. It kept me out of trouble and I was very much so hands on. Great place to work.
Pros
A lot of help
Cons
Not enough work
Pompous ignorrant management
Youth Worker II (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHJanuary 30, 2016
I worked there for almost a year and was basically forced to quit because the supervisors decided to believe a angry felony minority male youth over a educated not minority female youth worker. After doing my job to the best of my abilities, and ruffling a few feathers, I was told that this job wasn't for me and that I should "resign before something ends up on my permanent work record". There are some employees there that are very helpful and care about the kids and their futures and families, but there are others there that are so washed up and bitter, anything that causes a rift that cant be brushed off or past off to someone else, that are in managerial positions that make this job near impossible to enjoy or even become invested in because of the fear of and lack of job security. They want to preach trust and loyalty in coworker, but the preachers are the ones you need to watch. I don't recommend you work here if are a female under 250lbs, or are unable to talk your way out of a corner.
Pros
seeing the change and progress and success of youth
Cons
lack of management and job security
ok
Assistant Mover (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2015
it was a typical job that you work 8 hours while you also learned new things as well. I learn more about who I was and who I want to be then what I was. sometime you can be put in a place that you wish you never came to work but at the end of the day it was worth every bit
Pros
fun place
Cons
Productive and fun work place, management is great
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 20, 2015
Lighthouse is a wonderful company with plenty of opportunity for advancement. Supervisor was the best supervisor I have ever had. Plenty of opportunity for training.
Pros
Excellent upper management
Cons
to many programs
easy and friendly work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHNovember 17, 2015
easy work and friendly environment. i enjoyed my boss and former employees at the time. we all worked together to achieve one goal and that was to feed everyone there and make sure everything was clean and safe.
Pros
not a lot of different tasks to do
Cons
same work continously
A typical day at work
YOUTH WORKER SPECIALIST/INDIVIDUAL AIDE (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati,OhioOctober 19, 2015
My day can consist of handling and working with youth from broken homes to juvenile delinquents. I also worked as a housing specialist for homeless youth.
Working with children within the home setting
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2015
We brought children in through the foster care system and showed what a family was like. I learned many things about myself and the children in our home.
Great Mission
Director of IT/Business Process (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2015
Nice to work for an agency with such a great mission. Fun to come to work and contribute to the efforts of so many good people .
Productive work environment and great for advancement
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OHJune 3, 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive of the work. The hardest part of the job is seeing youth who have no self motivation. The most enjoyable part about the job is helping youth advance in life, and strive towards a positive life. Management is very supportive and fair.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
A great agency with chances to advance
Wrap (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiMay 15, 2015
I have been at this agency for almost 8 years and I have learned a lot about the social work field. The supervisors are very helpful and encouraging. They work with a variety of people and that is a great experience.
Productive and Good atomsphere
Date Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2015
I gained alot of knowledge working with different staff members. I also gained alot of skills doing different tasks. The work hours were flexiable.
Previously Employed
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Lighthouse at Bainbridge is understaffed yet they let some of their better care workers go and give no reason for doing so. There is no job security when you are in training, not being told what you may be doing wrong or given the opportunity to correct your mistakes as you learn, you are just terminated. They expect you to come in knowing everything and doing it all right. Group leaders (supervisors) are not open with the employees they supervise and they do not teach you. I got to work A LOT of hours for the 3 months I worked there, which meant A LOT of overtime pay, but I was not given a fair chance to get established there.
Pros
over time hours
Cons
mis-managed, improper supervision, HIGH expectations
I worked @ Paint Creek as a Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OhioNovember 20, 2014
This is a severely mis-managed facility that recently closed a dorm due to staffing issues. The work is not conducive to family life nor do they have any intent on bettering this aspect of the job. A clear divide between management and youth workers.
Pros
Free meals while coverage.
Cons
Horrible hours, weekends, and consistently understaffed.
Lighthouse Youth is a fun and good learning experence
Youth Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2014
Lighthouse Youth Services thought teach me good working ethics, salesmanship skills and communicating skills.
First Real Job
Coordinator Autism Program (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, ohAugust 5, 2014
Lighthouse Youth Services was my first job right out of college. The staff was positive, encouraging, and always willing to help. I immediately felt right at home.
Okay place for experience but political.
Case Manager/Youth Worker II (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHMay 19, 2014
I originally started out as a PRN youth worker. I had no experience in working corrections or counseling. As I got further into the job I discovered that counseling is what I wanted to do as a profession. I enjoyed working with the boys and some of my fellow staff members. I didn't like the supervisor I was given however I personally felt that him and other higher ups evaluate you and talk to you like the boys. The only way to get ahead there is to be chummy with the people in leadership roles. Its a good place for experience but very political. Its great if you want to work as a PRN but the worst mistake I made was deciding to work full time.
Pros
Experience, teamwork dynamic, work both in and outdoors.
Cons
Political atmosphere, working with dangerous kids, weak health benefits, rotating schedule.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge OhioFebruary 24, 2014
Loved the environment; Co workers are wonderful support system; Learned a lot about corrections and mental health. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients. The hardest part of the job was the rotating schedule. If it weren't for that I would probably go back.
Pros
Free meals, advancement, education reimbursement
Cons
Rotating schedule
Wonderful place
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2014
Lighthouse provides a unique opportunity for its employees in a friendly environment that fosters professional growth and development.
Pros
too many to name
Cons
not many at all
Wiling to help youth and families
Youth Worker, Youth Crisis Center (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Unlike any other organization The Lighthouse works to help all youth and families

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lighthouse Youth Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Lighthouse Youth Services Reviews by Location