Lighthouse Youth Services Employee Reviews

Really disappointed
case mgr (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2017
I really wanted to like this job. But early on you realize if you speak up about anything, you are deemed a troublemaker. They don't seem to encourage anyone toward advancement that doesn't fit into their mold. Too many changes in too little time. Way too many chiefs & not enough Indians. Communication through long wordy emails. Upper level management is completely disconnected and feigns concern with insincere emails full of platitude. Long time employees seem just as confused about policies. Human Resource is unfriendly unless you're a manager or in the incrowd. They do not assist in solving issues at all. And seem to be unaware of anything going on in the organization. Employees don't hang around. My co-worker came and left inside of 3 months. There are some employees who care about the job they do. ANd want to make a difference in the community instead of just getting the grants. I won't pursue anything else in social service field. If others are like this, its not for me.
Pros
I've learned to not seek to be valued at a company. You definitely won't get it here.
Cons
Too many duties on one person
Beware
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 1, 2017
Laid off due to poor management. I was given 5 days to finish the week and help my manager and staff learn my job duties. I was encouraged to apply for other jobs in company, but there were none available that I qualified for. I was not given any extra time or notice to seek other employment.
Pros
Go co workers
Cons
Laid off with no notice
Cut throat, top heavy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 27, 2017
Flip a coin. lacks diversity, clickish, lacks professionalism, too many changes at once and fake surveys that don't really accept constructive feedback
great staff
PRN Case Manger (on call) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2017
I don't have anything positive to say about this place, but that have a great pay and lots of hours you can work. Please try it out for your self. They have jobs they would fit almost any and everybody.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Staff
Chronyism and Nepotism on steroids
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2017
Get ready to not be trained with unrealistic expectations. Management is no resource for issue resolution nor is HR. Secretive culture. No advancement
Pros
Can work autonomously, decent holiday structure
Cons
No appreciation for your work, Issues dealt with reactively vs proactively, too many cliques
Great Company
Foster Care Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2017
Lighthouse Youth Services is a great workplace with a strong and empathetic team experience. Management provides professional support and realistic expectations. Working with children in foster care is challenging as you face different obstacles and troubles that can make the job more challenging than it should be. Diagnostic assessments and documentation takes a great deal of time and face to face time with clientele is limited. Self-care and insight into your own personal boundaries and biases is probably one of the most important components to being a successful social worker.
Pros
Supportive team, wonderful staff, great management, and ability to create your own scedule
Cons
Decreased pay
Go Elsewhere
Not telling (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2017
When a company starts to have its leadership leave; especially highly successful leaders...that's a sign and it's not a good one.

No advancement internally-leadership does not lift up or promote within.

Vice President level management are in self sustain mode. Executive Management are aloof and asleep at the wheel.
Pros
Pay rate good
Cons
No opportunities to advance. self sustaining executive management.
Poor Management
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHJanuary 15, 2017
The place is a good place to work with the exception they treat the third shift employees very wrong, going from days to nights i realized that fast. They let the first shift walk all over us I personally experienced someone had broken their hand and went to the hospital and the company was threatening them to write them up for a late call off by 30 min, but there are multiple first shift workers that call off with 20 min. till they had to report or call off sick the day before they were even scheduled and they never were written up or sanctioned. There are many many reasons this place is a joke. I just personally am bugged by the few I have listed.
Great learning experience
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2016
I was able to learn so many hands on techniques. I truly enjoyed being here at this job. It kept me out of trouble and I was very much so hands on. Great place to work.
Pros
A lot of help
Cons
Not enough work
Rotating shifts
Family Advocate/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHJune 15, 2016
Good place to work; however, difficult place to work due to the working conditions. Working with troubled youth with criminal history can be very challenging. I enjoyed working with the youth; however, got very tired of having to physically restrain when they would become combative. Management was not the greatest. I asked off two weeks prior to the day I needed and my manager neglected to view the request and lets me know less than 24hours that I was not approved for the day off!! That was my breaking point!! There are people that work there just for a paycheck and should not be there period. I worked a rotating shift for the first 3 years there, that was really hard with a family. I missed out on so much with my kids.
Pros
Good company.
Cons
Management, rotating shift, working enviornment.
ok
Assistant Mover (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2015
it was a typical job that you work 8 hours while you also learned new things as well. I learn more about who I was and who I want to be then what I was. sometime you can be put in a place that you wish you never came to work but at the end of the day it was worth every bit
Pros
fun place
Cons
Productive and fun work place, management is great
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 20, 2015
Lighthouse is a wonderful company with plenty of opportunity for advancement. Supervisor was the best supervisor I have ever had. Plenty of opportunity for training.
Pros
Excellent upper management
Cons
to many programs
easy and friendly work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHNovember 17, 2015
easy work and friendly environment. i enjoyed my boss and former employees at the time. we all worked together to achieve one goal and that was to feed everyone there and make sure everything was clean and safe.
Pros
not a lot of different tasks to do
Cons
same work continously
A typical day at work
YOUTH WORKER SPECIALIST/INDIVIDUAL AIDE (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati,OhioOctober 19, 2015
My day can consist of handling and working with youth from broken homes to juvenile delinquents. I also worked as a housing specialist for homeless youth.
Working with children within the home setting
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2015
We brought children in through the foster care system and showed what a family was like. I learned many things about myself and the children in our home.
Great Mission
Director of IT/Business Process (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2015
Nice to work for an agency with such a great mission. Fun to come to work and contribute to the efforts of so many good people .
Productive work environment and great for advancement
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OHJune 3, 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive of the work. The hardest part of the job is seeing youth who have no self motivation. The most enjoyable part about the job is helping youth advance in life, and strive towards a positive life. Management is very supportive and fair.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
A great agency with chances to advance
Wrap (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiMay 15, 2015
I have been at this agency for almost 8 years and I have learned a lot about the social work field. The supervisors are very helpful and encouraging. They work with a variety of people and that is a great experience.
Productive and Good atomsphere
Date Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2015
I gained alot of knowledge working with different staff members. I also gained alot of skills doing different tasks. The work hours were flexiable.
Previously Employed
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Lighthouse at Bainbridge is understaffed yet they let some of their better care workers go and give no reason for doing so. There is no job security when you are in training, not being told what you may be doing wrong or given the opportunity to correct your mistakes as you learn, you are just terminated. They expect you to come in knowing everything and doing it all right. Group leaders (supervisors) are not open with the employees they supervise and they do not teach you. I got to work A LOT of hours for the 3 months I worked there, which meant A LOT of overtime pay, but I was not given a fair chance to get established there.
Pros
over time hours
Cons
mis-managed, improper supervision, HIGH expectations