Lighting Science Employee Reviews

Was not very frienly place to work
Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLApril 10, 2017
A small company but it was a hard place to work in there because if you did not click, with the people that had long time there they will be not a team players.
Pros
at the beging they give us a lunch and introduce to everyone
Cons
The atitud of some people
full time
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 2, 2017
trabaje 6 meses un ambiente de trabajo agradable , pero algunos supervisores tenian preferencias con algunos empleados y les daban mas overtime y a los demas empleados nos le daban nada
trabaje por medio de una agencia Express y esta agencia no la recomiendo porque siempre se demoraba en hacer los pagos y no pagaban lo que decian y siempre faltaba dinero en los pagos
Cons
trabajo temporal
Very daily quota oriented.
Post Wave/Assembler/Repair (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 12, 2015
Enjoyed the work environment and people on the lines. Did not think the daily counts were feasible.The lunch breaks could be longer, barely finished eating in time. Felt always rushed in eating.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
quotas were almost impossible to hit.
Fast pace environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FlJune 15, 2015
Very past pace environment. People and vendors were great. Management were not very productive. No direction was given
Excellent people & environment
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLJune 7, 2015
Only left to make more money. Other than that I was promoted at least twice in a year and 1/2. Overall a great place to work. Just wish they paid me what I'm worth.
Consulting job for Energy Star certification
Compliance Engineer (contracted) (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLDecember 19, 2014
Excellent staff and management. Very much a fast pace organization designing and manufacturing LED lighting. My consulting job was to turn into permanent employment until a change in operations management and reductions cause a freeze on positions and consulting jobs were eliminated.
Pros
Excellent staff and employees.
Cons
Company direction unclear.
Worked on circuit boards.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLOctober 13, 2014
I would run the wave machine. I would always do my job diligently.
work
FLOOR LEAD. SOLDER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 19, 2014
work hard at wat you do in life because tomorrow not promise

Productive,and learning place to work.
LEAD PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLAugust 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be getting to work at 5:00 in the morning, everyday. Then I start my daily routine of checking everybody to see if they are in the correct place to start working. I started soldering, working as a part of the assembly and as a rework person when I began working at this company. After a few months, I was promoted to be a production lead. Being a lead was fun because I got a chance to get involved with the other employees. As a company we created light bulbs. My Co-Workers were very good people. The hard part of the job was getting laid off. Overall, the company and experience was nice and interesting. I never had a problem with working with people or communicating with them. I always been responsible and honest, especially when working with this company.
Pros
Stock
Cons
Health care
Great Potential
Logistics Specialist & Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 11, 2014
Lighting Science has great potential to flourish and control the light industry.
Postive working environment with access to a air-hockey table and good breakroom.
Assembly / Soldering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work is challenging; working at a fast paste on a assembly line will push you physically to get production out. What I have learned is quality and production is the most important goal of the day. Management has the task of keeping everyone on the same page by having quick meetings and setting goals for that day. Co-workers enjoy the positive working environment and opportunities of overtime. The hardest part of the job is when everyone does not work together. The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving expectations of the day goal.
Pros
Opportunity of overtime and raises.
Cons
unconfortable working environment and missing materials for production.
Had its problems at the top.
Line Lead/NPI Lead (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 30, 2014
I really like working at LSGC. The problem was the at the top. With six+ Directors/Presidents in about half as many years. It was hard to see a sold plan going forward. Finally 99% of production was moved to China.
Fun
1st shift cell lead (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLJune 30, 2014
Wild Oats Natural Marketplace specializes in Nutrition & Supplements.
Very productive and interesting
Assembler/Solderer (Former Employee) –  satellite beach flMarch 27, 2014
Clock in get to your work stations to see whats needed to be done. then gather your work products and began to build.

Ive learned how you build light housings and test leds also package and ship the products out.

The co workers where fine some where slow but i helped to keep the paste up.

When it come to the type of work nothing really came hard to me. I am a very hands on and organized person so i enjoyed keeping busy.

The most fun thing about the job is learning new things and finding out what the products are used for.
Pros
lunch and breaks and getting the chance to learn much as you would like
Cons
very disorganized and sometimes lack of parts for the products
Not that great
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLMay 15, 2013
This company was a starter company. It was just rolling out big ideas and plans for the community and the company itself. It felt like they didn't know what to do next and everyday you wondered if you still had a job. Eventually you didn't.
Working for lighting science
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 28, 2012
Again i worked for this company through a staffing agency and when lay offs come i would be the one to go.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
lay offs