Lightower Fiber Networks Employee Reviews in United States

Contractor summer of 2015
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAFebruary 15, 2016
One word, stay away. The mergers and the recent acquisition has everyone in this place running for cover. If you step in as a temp, be ready to be neglected and looked down upon. I can't say enough, stay away! They are only looking to take this company public and the remaining folks in charge will bail out!
Pros
not a bad office environmnet, I have worked in better, but the office setup is not that bad
Cons
Snotty, self-centered help! Some of the older folks are okay, the younger help is out to 'prove' themselves.
Poor Human Resource Policies
none (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 25, 2016
Never worked for the company but did do a very long phone interview. I was told by HR that they wanted to bring me in for a face to face interview and would be in touch with me later on in the week. The week came and left and no phone call. I sent an email to the person I interviewed with on the phone and no response. I get it, you found a stronger candidate and that is fine but to ignore and not respond to emails is wrong. Makes me think I wouldn't want to work for a company who's HR Department treats people way.
productive, had to create a niche for myself
Purchasing and Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAJune 1, 2016
good company, nothing to good or bad to say...people are fine to work with, Company is committed to further expansion by growing and buying other companies.
Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise.
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
If you are a motivated sales person and can grow a book of business with a great company culture - this is the place to do it. Yes many prospects are taken but if you are creative and willing to put in some additional effort, you can make six-figure earnings within the first 3 years.
Pros
company events
Cons
health benefits
Lightower
Equipment and Facility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boxboro, MAMarch 3, 2015
I worked at Lightower for just over 5 years and enjoyed each day. Not all days are sunshine and roses, but no job is. Day-to-day activity included scheduled and expedited projects. The diversity made each day interesting and challenging. One of the difficult parts of the job is unknown growth and getting a confirmation from customers and vendors.. On days that I go into the office - it's like hanging out with your best friends. Everyone is so likeminded and never struggle offering a healing hand. I'd suggest this opportunity to anyone looking for a fulfilling and challenging experience.
Pros
co workers and working environment
Cons
merger complications
lightower needs advice on how to merge with companies they acquire
ex employee . field technician nj (Former Employee) –  ny njAugust 30, 2014
weak management with chip on shoulder and poor direction from new managers.Lightower is a classic case of too many chiefs and very little Indians.
Communication is there is none , people are leaving at an alarming rate .
Pros
there is a lot of overtime because of poor planning
Cons
poor planning creates a lot of overtime .
Suffering from their merger
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedJanuary 19, 2014
With a weakened middle management and poor direction from mid level executives, Lightower suffers from a too many cooks scenario. Communication is poor, processes are strained and good people are often left out of the loop only to find themselves doing too much with too little in too short of a time span.
good solid growing company,
Purchasing and Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAMarch 27, 2012
enjoyable company, with good hard working people. Management genrally good, except expectations not clearly defined
Success in planning, directing and managing projects
Network Design Engineer / Equipment Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
• Create Engineering Scope of Work (ESOW), Ring Scope of Work, Method of Procedure (MOP), and Engineering Drawing Packages (EDP) for the testing and turn-up of high capacity DWDM, Optical Transport, SONET, and Ethernet equipment
Nice environment/ Poor people skills.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boxboro, MAApril 7, 2014
Temporary employment but nice environment with some very friendly people. Poor people skills in dealing with staff.

2.4