SUMMARY OF JOB:
Supervise all non and perishable operations in the store. Provides leadership in the Grocery Department by effectively training and supervising all grocery associates. Is directly responsible for ordering all non and perishables, implements merchandising initiatives that promote sales, while meeting customer requirements and producing maximum profits. Supervises all associates in the Grocery Department, which is stores may also include dairy and frozen. The specific number of associates depends on the store.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, may be called upon to assume complete responsibility for all phases of store operations. Otherwise, has responsibility for center store operations, which includes all non-perishable departments.
- Manages the non and perishable inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders product so as to meet customer requirements and the company’s gross profit goals.
- Schedules all grocery, dairy, frozen, DSD and receiving associates, oversees their training, evaluates their work, rewards and recognizes their performance and delegates their work assignments in a manner that most effectively utilizes their talents and abilities while maximizing profits. Also plans and schedules the work loads for the night shift.
- Develops and implements merchandising plans, including creating attractive displays, merchandises new items, sales items and does promotional tie-ins, in order to meet the sales and profit objectives of the store and the departments.
- Responsible for proper backroom inventory levels, prepares, maintains and tracks records to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
- Assists the Store Manager with health, safety and sanitation issues in order to maintain a sale and clean work environment for associates to ensure compliance with all OSHA requirements, other governmental regulations and company standards.
- Controls department costs by monitoring and improving operations and practices as needed, by controlling man-hours and by reducing losses due to shrinkage and pilferage.
- Directs, oversees, and evaluates the training of all non-perishable associates in order to reduce and control turnover, promote more efficient operations and to provide better control over labor costs.
- Develops and maintains communication with the other departments in the store in order to devise marketing plans which will help to meet the financial objectives of the store. Keeps Store Manager fully informed of these actions.
- Identifies area in grocery and other departments in the store where improvements in customer service are required, then implements changes and procedures to address these needs.
- Maintains accurate department records on all important matters, including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
- At times may also perform duties of staff as required.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and manage the work of others.
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 3 years grocery/produce experience or equivalent.
- Lifting and carrying over 50lbs.
- Operating equipment (baler, power jack, etc.).
- Bending, reaching and grasping.
- Standing for extended periods and walking.
- Will be exposed to all temperatures will be handling products in freezers and coolers.
Works in store with daily exposure to all store activities and equipment. Interacts with customers and associates daily. Limited travel outside of store.
Salary DOE - lots of room for growth !
Indeed - 8 months ago