The Account Manager manages an assigned customer base and prospect accounts to provide Exceptional Service fulfilling customer specific goals and Wholesale Strategic goals and objectives.
- Supervisor: Director of Business Development
- Peers: Account Managers
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains Professional sales relationships with assigned existing Accounts and grows these accounts in accordance with Sales Plan.
- Develops and establishes new customer base in tri state area
- Performs Monthly Market updates to entire business on the competitive conditions, retail displays, pricing and anything new in the market place in the region they service.
- Conducts sales calls, schedules promotional volumes and prices, monitors sales to identify opportunities in accordance with Strategic Sales Plan.
- Proposes customer visit schedule with meeting purpose and agendas to advance relationship.
- Prepares and proposes annual sales plan/budget by account by product for review and agreement with Director of Retail Sales.
- Executes against the Sales Plan and weekly Promotional Planner.
- Needs to be the content expert in his/her market and identify opportunities for growth and recommend tactics to achieve goals and/or prospective new accounts to Director of Retail Sales.
- Responsible to record price and volume quotations and to make offers only within department established guidelines.
- Accountable for accurate order entry (including quantity, price, product, customer, ship to, delivery instructions and any special instructions) into company system and, if needed, the customer system, and to monitor status of orders up until confirmed received and/or cancelled.
- Must promptly (within six hours) handle rejections by assigned accounts issuing proper notification, department required documentation, and provide customer support to sustain relationship.
- Expected to be aware of the competitive environment and report to manager and team on a real time basis to achieve market leadership.
- Responsible to respond to unexpected supply changes, both long and short, as a team player and to still provide best in Class Customer Service and optimal grower returns.
- Responsible to cooperate with accounting department to assure prompt collection of assigned account receivables, and ultimately responsible for the collection of all funds.
Salary DOE - lots of room for growth
Indeed - 19 months ago