Lilly Pulitzer Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly environment
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 21, 2015
A typical day at work would be getting an electronic gun to scan items in the warehouse that were purchased by customers so they can be packed and shipped to them. I learned how warehouses work with handling people's purchased items. The management was great. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was when the warehouse haves a sale because it gets really busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my co-workers.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Great company and brand mentality
Management (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, paJune 21, 2015
i loved working for this company, the higher ups are very supportive of your goals and have your best interests at heart. I would say 90% of the people I worked with were friendly, talented and inspiring, though (as with most work places) there were a few unsavory characters which dimmed my views on working there. It's nice to not work on commission, as it gives you a genuine opportunity to connect with the Lilly shoppers. I miss this job every day!
Pros
Discount, health benefits, vacation time, coworkers
Cons
hours, work/ life balance, weekends and holidays
Amazing Company and Fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 11, 2015
It's a retail job so the hours and weekends are expected. The customers are amazing and you create lasting relationships with those you work with. It is a multi generational company so you have the ability to work with all age groups employee and customer wise. The co-workers are great. The clothes are amazing and they offer a generous discount. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers and learning about the background story behind each print. The hardest part of the job is being open on Holidays and only have 3 major holiday's off. Overall it's an amazing company to work for they are always looking within to promote and want whats best for you and your professional career.
Pros
generous discount, amazing customers and long history of the company
Cons
Short Breaks, Work weekends and work holidays
summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 5, 2014
It was fun working with my cousin and dealing with a higher end clothing line. I loved that all the items there were of vibrant colors, giving the place a nice, warm and friendly feel to it.
Pros
friendly
Cons
commute
Lilly is a very happy and friendly place to work. Clean, Bright and lots of sales!
Sales, Displays, Events (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH, legacySeptember 16, 2014
Lilly Pulitzer is a very bright and colorful clothing store. It is extremely well organized and I love the merchandise. it is easy to sell because there is always something that looks good on just about everyone. I love sales and I like to make people happy about their purchase. Honesty is the best policy. There are a lot of regular customers as well as new people who have never heard of the store! Most of the new people love it!! It is fun to see the smile on customer's faces as they browse through the bright and cheery store!
The customer service is A+/Shipping is free and we will make sure the customer is happy! All of my co-workers are amazing and smart and easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was trying not to buy so much of the merchandise! I love all the clothes!
The most enjoyable part of the job was wearing the beautiful clothes to work AND being surrounded by happy co-workers and happy customers.
I learned about the history of the store and I also learned how dedicated the employees are to the product and the customers.
It is a great place to work and SHOP!
Pros
good discount, nice lunchroom, 2 bathrooms!, fun to see familiar customers/clients
Cons
standing for 8 straight hours is an adjustment!!! but you get used to it!!
overall happy environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
I loved the customer base and product. It was a very organized setting in which I was never without a task. I enjoyed the majority of my coworkers but did find it to have a "sorority" behavior on occasion. The hardest part of the job would have been to make sure everyone was pleased with my performance while keeping it professional. I am very easy to get along with and all around happy character but as anyone can attest to working only with young women in their 20's can have different attitudes. I loved the part of the job when i knew that my customer felt better about herself for something I said or sold to her. It is very rewarding feeling.
Pros
amazing store discount for employees
Cons
couldn't use discount for family
Upbeat workplace with nice people and bright colors everywhere!
Associate Sweater Designer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 22, 2014
Lilly Pulitzer is a great company. Everyone in the office works together and has a passion for making Lilly Pulitzer succeed. We believe in the brand and what it will become. When working with people with this passion, it is uplifting and inspiring. While working at Lilly, I learned a lot about the power of print and how many different lanes can be taken when prints are designed in house. Being a part of a resort company, we were able to travel to resort locations to research our customer, which was absolutely the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
beautiful office, nice people, great trips!
Cons
communication
Excellent
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILMarch 28, 2014
You got to the store, took the cash out of the safe and opened the registers. Then did stock fill ins, markdowns, floor moves, steaming the clothes, selling to customers, checking in or transferring out merchandise. I learned that a lot of part time help is more there to shop and socialize than to work. I develop and grew in management skills in running the store. I learned how to interview and hire some really excellent employees. The hardest part of the job was a few of the employee's were not positive people. The best part of the job was helping sell beautiful things to the customers.
Pros
selling beautiful merchandise in a gorgeous store, great health benefits, and generous employee discount
Cons
not having an assitant manager for most of the time.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 9, 2013
• Responsible for fitting and selling Lilly Pulitzer products to an affluent female clientele
• Maintain and exceed monthly sales goals
• Assist management team with various store projects
LOVE LOVE LOVE this company
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2013
I loved working for Lilly. They tried really hard to keep their employees happy and provided a solid place to work
Fast-Pace Enriching Experience
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAMarch 11, 2013
As a part-time sales associate I am responsible for opening and closing cleaning checklists, which also include prepping all of the clothes. My favorite days are the floor-set days where new product is placed in the store. I usually help prep and style looks for the mannequins.

4.3