Lily Transportation Corp Employee Reviews

why am i being asked about lily
DOCK SUPERVISOR/REGIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 28, 2017
long hours ,not enough home time [go's with being a trucker]
company was good to employees. was understanding of drivers needs.
the best enter action I have ever had in a work place
Pros
good pay
Cons
home time
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 1, 2017
I have been with Lily for many years and I plane to retire from Lily. I have worked for 2 other transportation companies and they don't compare to Lily. Lily is the best by far.
fun
Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAJuly 24, 2017
Very good workers and good company to work with but am looking for something local im doing a dedicated route with them but............................
Pros
lunches
Cons
very good
Awesome company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 18, 2017
Lily was the best place I've ever worked at the people management everyone was always nice and extremely down to earth wish I wouldn't have left the grass isn't always greener
Great place to work but is physically demanding.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 19, 2016
You work at night Monday through Friday. Weekends your off. The trucks are loaded typically between 730 pm and 830 pm. They are already loaded on your arrival. You go to the same customers daily and responsible to make sure the client gets the correct freight daily. Its very easy. The freight is loaded loose and every piece has to be inventoried (scanned into a computer). For the most part freight is steady and if its low it does not affect your pay. If its high (freight) you still receive the same pay. They roll, in the rain, sleet, snow and sunshine. So in the winter you will be working.You are responsible for your own Truck that is assigned. You are to ensure you comply with DOT and FMCSA RULES. If there is a concern with the truck you must report it to you supervisor for repairs. It helps you to learn stability within the work place an be a part of a team.
Pros
The company buys you boots and uniforms they take care of the employee.
Excellent company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Stormville, NYAugust 29, 2016
There is nothing I can say bad about this company. Family oriented and Lily takes care of their people. I started here many7 years ago and looking forward to the future.
Great place for a life long career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAAugust 20, 2016
I've been with the company for more than 3 years. From day one the staff and management has treated me like family. As long as you come in and do your job and do it the right way you'll be absolutely happy. Good pay for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Great safety meetings, driver incentives, driver/office relationship is good.
Cons
Long hours at times and lazy co-workers
Dream job turned into a Nightmare
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Freetown, MAAugust 5, 2016
When I first was hired it was for a very specific run. 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, Mon-Fri nights. Almost a year in we were told that they'd be hiring more guys to take on some more loads for a new contract they were doing. Instead they added them to our route and started turning into 10-11 hour nights. It also added on a Sunday night run. Later on another load was added daily on the way up. Turning the day into 12-14 hours. Again for no extra money. A lot of the extra time added on is waiting time. I am on average 2-4 hours every night between 3 different stops. The problem is they don't pay for the first waiting hour AT EACH STOP. So I work 12-15 hours every week FOR FREE. Not to mention times they forget to add in downtime into your check. Vehicle maintenance is awful also. Had basically brand new trucks when we started but the company we contract with to maintain them does a horrible job. The dispatcher is a good guy, its not his fault. It seems to come from higher up in the company. It's a shame that it turned into something awful, in the process now of looking for something better.
Pros
Not very physically demanding
Cons
very stressful, bad communication, false advertising of the job description.
Bad Experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJAugust 2, 2016
NAPA Auto Parts overnight deliveries: Bait and switch with regard to job scope. Be Cautious and question everything. If you are asked to do something unsafe, question it. When you are given broken pallet jacks or missing barrel jacks, refuse to move the material. If they tell you to falsify your hours, do not do it - you are liable. If you are given hazmat freight without the proper endorsement on your license, do not cart it - you are liable. Take your 30 minute break even if the route does not allow time for it. You are paid a flat rate so do the math. The loads can be heavy so ask for the electric pallet jack which is continually out for repairs.
Pros
Paid each week, work shirts and caps are provided, Extra dollars for picking up core barrels
Cons
No breaks, Safety issues, Faulty/missing cargo equipment, Trucks not clean and not loaded properly, Asked to perform unsafe deliveries
No such thing as drop and hook
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Freetown, MAJuly 28, 2016
They rope you in with a drop and hook and quickly the job changes. Loads are seldom ready. You drop and wait for loads. They don't pay you for the first hour, so if you go to 3 places, you can wait 3 hours and not get paid for it because you don't get paid by the hour, you get paid by the mile. DRIVERS BEWARE when you get paid by the mile, you should expect to work long hours. On this drop and hook account that should take only 9 hours, expect to work from 12-14 hours a day. And this isn't OTR. You get to go home every day, but you're always tired. And pay attention to your paycheck. They forget to pay you for stops, drop and hooks and delay time occasionally. And they dont stay on top of the maintenance of the equipment. I've had enough of this nonsense, so I'm moving onto a real drop and hook job.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management
nice place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 29, 2016
stress free work
lots of training throughout my time
went through 3 managers in short amount of time
great co-workers
hardest part working second shift
lack of stress was the best part
Pros
cheap healthcare
Forced illegal driving.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 13, 2016
The review is a minus but wasn't an option. They force you to drive illegally breaking several DOT regulations and if they are caught by DOT due to the driver breaking down the fire you like they did me. I would have been charged falsify logs, no permit for load, lights were broke and out ran my hours. They have been dropped from all insurance companies for repeated DOT violations. They don't care one bit for the drivers and will fire you for even putting in a two week notice. They need to be put out of business before they destroyed more drivers lives and their lose of their license.
Cons
Illegal permist, run out your hours, teach you how to falsify records and fire you if they get caught.
the pay could be better for what we had to do
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 13, 2016
you don't get paid for how hard you had to work to get to the customers so I perfered to do the team run because you didn't have to wait or deal with anyone
Pros
the new boss was nice
Cons
money sucks and dont stand up for the drivers
professional environment
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at Lily Transportation has allot of daily duties. I start it off by reading all of my emails and corresponding them promptly, taking a daily walk to make sure the fleet of 40+ is in good condition and everything is up to date such as registration and insurance, no new damages. I also enter all the paper logs in Peoplenet, all the daily driver spreadsheets in our TMW system, then bill our customer and pay the drivers.I deal with daily driver issues, vacation requests, PTO, accident reports etc. The best part of my job is knowing that I'm a valuable asset to Lily Transportation.
napa auto parts albany NY
Driver (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 4, 2016
If your looking to apply here, just keep in mind, its an extremely physical job. You will have to pick up all these parts off the floor, scan every single piece, then deliver them, and place them so Napa wont cry about it, Heavy parts and numerous. car batteries, rotors, boxes of oil, between 400-1000 every night. They pay per day and make it seem attractive. but when you calculate the hours worked, you are not making very much per hour. If you speak up and point out what your really getting paid, they just say, well, pick up the pace, It says Excellent pay, "if your'e superman, or the flash" its a job for a young guy who does not care about what happens to his body. The ad says late model truck, meaning 2010 with over 300k on it! oh, and Napa likes to blame lily drivers for EVERYTHING!!
Pros
Cons
High Physical labor, camera In the truck cab, napa staff loads your truck
Horrid
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  NJJune 3, 2015
Good company if you need to get some experience under your belt. Cant say anything else positive at all. Cameras in the truck that are monitored by some nerds who have never driven a truck. No eating or drinking coffee while driving allowed. No OT offered. MgMT cares nothing about you just the freight and the truck.
Pros
Direct deposit
Cons
You name it.
A great place to biuld a career
Director of Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 1, 2014
I have worked for Lily Transportation for about 11 years and in that time I have had nothing but good experiences. What I have found is if you are loyal and work hard you will find opportunities that allow you to move up the corporate ladder. This is a company that hires within, and a good example of that is the number of drivers who have become Field Managers due to there commitment and abilities.

Great management and Staff!
Pros
Flexibility and Great open door policy
Cons
Once upon a time in was the phone ring at 2AM but thos days are over
Everyone works as a team at Lily Transportation
Assistant Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 31, 2014
I've been employed at Lily for 7 years and each day brings new challenge that once achieved doesn't go without recognition.
Pros
Apples everyday to promote healthy eating habits
Productive and professional company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 5, 2013
A typical day would be involved with coordinating driver hiring, create new driver qualification files and maintain existing files. Oversee and audit driver hours of service by electronic or paper logs. Maintain DOT drug testing roster and random drug testing program. Compile data to administer driver safety awards program

I've learned DOT regulations for driver qualification files and DOT physical examination requirements & drug testing regulations. How to obtain driving and CSA records.

Management is very professional. They will resolve any issues an employee or customer may have.

My co-workers were an excellent group to work with. All were friendly and willing to help with any issues that arose in my job functions.

The hardest part of the job would be tracking down missing DOT drug test results and/or physical examination reports when a clinic failed to follow protocol.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the satisfaction I personally felt of achieving the successful hiring of an excellent DOT qualified driver.
Pros
Occasional pizza days or occasional donuts or muffins in the morning.
Cons
Healthcare costs are a litle on the high side, the benefits are pretty much in line with today's healthcare enviroment.
Great Company to work for
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 10, 2013
Very family oriented family. Great work/life balance. When I was employed w/ Lily they had great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lily Transportation Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7