Lima Family YMCA is searching for an additional Swim Coach to join our coaching team. Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, working 15 - 25 hours per week, the Swim Team Coach will help develop, direct and grow age group swim program. The program runs September - March. Applicants must have a sound knowledge of competitive swimming skills, stroke mechanics and the ability to implement and teach those skills in a positive, healthy manner consistent with the values of the YMCA. Strong communication skills, people skills and organizational skills are required. Must be able to work after school hours and some weekends for swim meets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITIES
Bachelor degree preferred.
- Possess current First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED Training and USA Swimming Coaches Certifications, or can obtain them within the first 6 months.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work with individuals of all ages, creed and ability.
- Experience working with volunteers and meet management.
- Prior experience as a coach and/or swimmer in a competitive swim program.
- Coach individual swimmers on proper stroke technique.
- Maintain positive relationships with swimmers and their families.
- Maintain strong emphasis on character and values development in competitive swimming program.