Lime Energy Employee Reviews

Not typical sales
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 4, 2017
Expectations were to do assessment, get sale and move on. Was told you never go back to follow up with customer. Never felt management gave appropriate support to be 100% to all sales people to be successful. Didn't always sell the most energy efficient products and asked to cross sell product not trained on.
Pros
Plenty of freedom, benefits
Cons
Poor commission plan. Communication from management very slow.
I have always enjoyed and loved working with the people at Alpine
Lead Tech / Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 2, 2017
The office staff and field technicians were fun to work with, the operations manager was honestly a joke he was in ordering manager and did not know how to deal with technicians service manager was an honorable man and always try to make sure technicians enjoyed coming to work
Pros
Fun place to work at and good people
Cons
Company sold to worth and Company
Always a great work environment with amazing co-workers
Energy Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJanuary 22, 2017
Since day one everyone I have encountered have been a blessing to my growth within the company. The company is flexible and will always work with their employees to not only keep family first, but also help with individual success.
Productive working envioronment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 4, 2016
Sent invoices to customers daily. Invoiced Utility company once a week. Approved projects for construction.Monitored and tracked all invoices sent to both the end user and Utility.
Not my type of sales position
Energy Servce Representative (Former Employee) –  East Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2016
While the Company was flexible in terms of my daily travel plans, the Company was more about closing sales than it was about providing the customer service that I am accustomed to.
Family environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 11, 2016
I enjoy the workplace, however after only a few months there have been lay offs. I do not feel it is stable. Very easy job!
There is less than 30 employees working there.
Pros
small family atmosphere feeling
Cons
Micro Managing is enforced, but is not needed
Stay away
Energy Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nation WideJuly 26, 2016
No communication from management. Compensation is minimal and goals are un realistic. They have do not care about the employees, even quality employees.
Pros
Insurance and freedom
Cons
No communication from management, compensation
Nice company
Energy Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2016
The company treats its employee very good. They offer good compensation great training most importantly, they give employees independence and flexibility to do their job well.
Pros
Free cellphones
Cons
limit on marketing territory
Do not work for this place
IT Ops Administration (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 30, 2016
You can go in every day, do your work, work as hard as you can and still end up cut.

I worked hard. Sometimes even harder than staff that have been here for years and they treat you like badly. And most of the managers do not know what they are talking about.
Pros
No more proes
Slime Energy
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Nation WideApril 19, 2016
Nitwits who don't know what they're doing or how to run a business. All talk. Poor pay. Huge turnover. Slime Energy. Manager's are useless. Senior management even worse.
Good product and green industry, world saving
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2016
this is a top down company and when a command is ordered, or even a whim of an idea, the workers are expected to create a frenzied effort. no predictable success measures. you'll do great if you're a clock watcher and never challenge your boss.
Pros
Remote office, independent work environment, smart people, great product, reducing the energy use of USA
Cons
No mentoring by managers, "More" not smart/better is the goal, No bonus structure and below-to-middle avg salary, top heavy, stagnant stock
Fast paced enviroment. Friendly and Helpful Co-Workers
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 21, 2015
Work days were filled with various appointments and meetings. Co-Workers were always around willing to give a helping hand and teach on the job. Managements doors were always open.
Pros
Team like atmopshere.
Cons
Relocation was requested.
Productive and great work environment
Forman (Former Employee) –  Glendola CaliforniaJune 4, 2015
Working at Lime Energy was a great experiences, expecially when you are given a job side in which millions of dollars are in riskis.
Great Employees and a fast placed environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 16, 2014
Find customers, sell customers. This is a fast placed work environment with high sales goals. The people that make up my office are top notch people. The best part about my current job is that I get to help my customers by bettering their workplaces.
Unstable Industry
Regional Energy Auditor (Current Employee) –  New Jersey and Hudson Valley AreaNovember 4, 2013
Operating in an unstable industry is difficult and it seems the company is preoccupied with keeping afloat then employee issues. Not a bad company, but not one in good financial shape.
Great Learning Experience
Asst.Construction Manager/Program Outreach (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYOctober 8, 2013
I had 4 technicians and 9 sub contractors that I am responsible for. I set up routes & scheduling for repairs as well as ordering material. I am the point of contact for customers contractors and technicians as well as giving advice or helping auditors & our lead gen team.

If customer had any discrepancies with sub contractor I would walk scope of work to make sure everything was installed to code and in full.

I handle all change order processes and close out processes.

I enter the labor PO's and Contractor PO's, as well dealing with our distributor.

I am the point of contact for Sunbelt our lift rental service, Vieola our recycling company.

I have done detailed audits with multiple line items walking with customer showing and explaing what we are doing and how we do it.

I have done lead generation drumming up business.
Pros
Team atmosphere, hard work known and rewared
Cons
Job security, (our company won the bid from LIPA)
Professional Energy Service Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, New JerseyJuly 22, 2013
I enjoy working for Lime Energy as Program Manager responsible for multiple programs I strive in building relationships with utility clients. I communicate with my team leaders daily, which helps me formulate an alliance and allows me properly manage the day-to-day operations. Although there are many energy efficiency projects ongoing simultaneously I find the high paced atmosphere inspiring.
Good
Technology Implementation Specialist  (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 1, 2013
Employee Recognization is early. Working with Lime can be life style change.
Got to travel and see new places
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  huntersville n.cMay 30, 2013
It was an experience of my life that I will always remember. If i had a chance to do it again I will with less traveling, but over all I learned and show my fellow co-workers alot.
Pros
Own company vehicle
Cons
Traveled to much
Proud to work at Lime Energy
Digital Media Channel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 10, 2013
I'm incredibly proud to work at Lime Energy. It's a great feeling to work for a company that embraces the entrepreneurial spirit, hard work, and having fun while making a real difference for small businesses and the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lime Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5