Limelight Networks Employee Reviews

Great Company to learn and grow together,
Advanced Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 23, 2017
Only great experience that I have with limelight networks.
Great Culture, helping each other, learn together.
Since this is not a large corporation, R&Rs are not well defined sometimes and vague process, but with great people, those are not important that much
Enjoyable atmosphere
Desktop Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 7, 2016
A typical day at limelight is one where you might have a nerf bullet whiz by your head. The people work hard and play hard and management like to build a comfortable environment.
I learned more about networking and how CDN environment work. Learned cisco call manager, hyper-v and many other applicaions.
My direct managers were mostly great but some of the hire ups forgot what it means to have happy employees.
The hardest part of my job was getting funding.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people.
Pros
people, free deli, game area
Cons
pay
Good ole boys club and extremely management heavy
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousAugust 15, 2016
There are some amazing people who have worked there, most don't tend to last more than a year or two before management frustration ushers them to new opportunities or layoffs occurs. Employee churn is over 30% per year.

The most difficult thing about working there in engineering is getting things done in a timely manner due to the number of people who have to approve any project. In addition, project teams tend to be spread out across the globe making communication and collaboration challenging and a slow process.

Management is a good ole boys club who looks out for their club, not the talent they bring into to help them improve and solve their problems.

They often choose to build their own solutions for their needs that ends up costing them millions of dollars and years of development, rather than integrating a mature licensed solution that would cost 1/10th or less and be deploy-able in months.

They are very reactive instead of proactive in their development efforts and for a company that wants to be and do Agile, does not understand Agile development.
Pros
flexible work environment and telecommute options.
Cons
Good Ole boys club stuck in the past.
I loved working for Limelight
Data Center Tech and Systems Admin (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 2, 2015
Very relaxed work place with great benefits.
Work from home was an option if you needed it.
The company deli was a great perk.
I would work there again.
Good company overall, interesting to work at
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2015
While the work was interesting day to day management was poor. The company is headquartered in Arizona and for most of my 2 years with Limelight my manager was not on site. It takes extra effort to do remote management and that effort was missing.
Good company with issues that need to be resolved to flourished
Streaming Media Specialist/ Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 21, 2015
Limelight is positioned to become an industry leader, but has a few issues with establishing their name in the marketplace before the company can truly become an industry leader.

The work environment is extremely employee friendly, and caters to independent, disciplined, task oriented professionals.
Pros
Free snacks, Matching 4:3 401k
Cons
Management structure in constant flux
Executive team with an on-track agenda
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 16, 2015
Great co-workers, nice atmosphere. There are definitely areas of improvement but I am confident that the issues I have will eliminate themselves from the organization.
Very intelligent people
GS (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZApril 18, 2014
Great people, some of the smartest I have ever worked with.
Company still determining what they want to be.
Pros
Chance to learn from some of the brightest people in the industry
Cons
Constantly changineg executive management each with a different focus
Not bad overall
Project management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 24, 2013
A lot of red tape to get things done. No clear company direction. Pay was fair, but no real communication as far as advancement or permanent placement.
Pros
Laid back, free deli, good pay
Cons
Lack of company focus
Fun workplace with deli.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2012
A typical day inlcuded keeping up with clients and upselling. I learned about the CDN industry and how it affects the internet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Limelight Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5