Lincare Employee Reviews

mixed reviews
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2016
I worked for Lincare in the diabetic department and would not recommend that department to anyone. The management is horrible. They do not care about their employees like they claim. The pay is horrible and you get a whopping .33 cent raise a year. You have no room for advancement. The favoritism there is ridiculous. I will say the people I worked with were amazing and if there was another company and different management I would give 5 stars all the way around. In my opinion for the pay they give you, it is not worth the stress and hassle you have to go through day in and day out there. You have vacation but if you call in due to an emergency or unexpected illness, not only do they take your vacation but you also get an occurrence or point.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
horrible management. No communication. No direction. No respect.
Great company to learn the customer service basics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 8, 2016
Good job to get initial customer service, and medical field experience. However this company has poor upper management, and no raises or advancement the turn over rate is very extremely high, as well as unrealistic expectations with no incentives to look forward too. The most enjoyable part of my experience with the this company is being able to help patients in need and help make life just a tad bit easier for them.
Pros
Weekends & Major Holidays off
Cons
left in office alone a lot to deal with clients and accounts, poor upper management
Medical Billing office.
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 4, 2016
A typical day of work included working spreadsheets with aging accounts. Calling insurance companies to check claim status and find out what was needed to get claim processed and paid. I learned about medical billing and coding
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, long hours in cubicle, monthly cash goals
Fast Paced Enviroment
Driver / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 19, 2015
Driving for Lincare is not so great due to very low pay per hour and you have to hold a special drivers License class C with Hazmat Endorsement. You work long hours and also have to work On-call 24 hours , Witch you do not get paid for only if you get a call.

Customer Service Representative for Lincare is the hardest position in the centers, you are required to pretty much run the place and process all the order's, and answer all the phone calls. Trying to get help is always overlooked and being a long time employee means nothing really.

You have to either have a very good work ethic and be determined to keep going with penny raises or you just stuck and have no time to do anything outside of work.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Pay, Hours, Environment, Management
Productive, extremely fast-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 16, 2015
A typical day at Lincare is busy from the start and well past closing time without much time to take lunch. Multi-tasking is a MUST!! I learned to be efficient under pressure since the company is very concerned with positive numbers at the closing of the month. Management is good, they don't mirco-manage but they expect a lot of work to be done. Not enough praise is given for the amount of work being done and its an "every man for himself" type of environment although people will be very nice to you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overtime pay.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Offices lack professional and courteous morale
Lacking management support. a lot of favoritism, it does not matter what you know it is who you know.
customer service /service tech (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 23, 2015
overall the company is very unorganized at a center level. Management has no communication with employees, everything is a big secret. Manager has all employees do things that are no where in the job discription and they are held accountable if not completed. Definitely not a good place to work if you are toward the bottle of the ladder.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
work schedule, management, organization, employees are not team players.
Patient oriented company
LPN, Senior Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44135February 9, 2016
overall healthy financial company with lasting benefits. the best part of my job is the relationship i have with my patients. The hardest part of my job is dealing with incompetent and lazy co-workers
Pros
good paycheck, good healthcare, love my patients
Cons
on call, lack of communication, new managment
Started out fun. Bad managemnet choices ruined an otherwise good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 10, 2015
No job security for call center prsonnel. High turn over. Randomly moved from position I was skill at to one where I was not skilled. Frequent increases in resupply quotas required to maintain employment. On the plus side the chairs were comfortable and the benefits were pretty good. Equipment was well maintained.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
quotas on resupply orders
No room to advance or ways to move to other positions within the company
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blasdell, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Working for Lincare was good in the begining, Now with the cut backs on hours and the overload of audits makes for a stressful day with trying to get work out accurately and in a timely manner.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no good benefits
A good place to work
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater FloridaSeptember 17, 2015
This is a good place to work with good people. I think the company cares about their employees, but its not the highest for wages and benefits and does see a lot of turnover which keeps me busy. My job is interesting and has been educational but with the changes in Medicaid and Medicare laws it has had to run leaner to stay number one in medical oxygen and durable medical equipment service. I enjoy my co-workers and love the location which is close t my home. My direct manager has been an awesome mentor and I really appreciate him. The hardest part of my job is keeping up. A job was eliminated last year and merged into mine. Where there used to be two of us doing my job, there is now only me and this really is a two person job. When I started we had 2000 drivers with two of us maintaining them and now we have more than 3000 and I do my job alone. There has been talk of outsourcing part of my position which is the main reason you are reading this.
Pros
Security, company picnic, subsidized cafeteria, location, parking, birthday recognition
Cons
Low wages, too compartmentalized not allowing growth and promotion.
I enjoyed doing the job and tasks I was given.
Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYAugust 30, 2016
The job was fairly easy. I created packages for Medicare Audits, resolved reconsideration letters, scanned in the Recon letters, I would receive and open mail on a daily basis. I learn very quickly, had a very good relationship with a majority of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when Medicare would change things and we would have to learn more difficult tasks. Management was fair and kept us as informed as the changes came to them as fast as they could. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the co-workers i had worked with. The group I worked with in the fax processing dept worked very well together. I learned the HIPPA laws and regulations.
Pros
We all worked together well
Cons
The insurance was ok but the mail order prescriptions were a bit more difficult to deal with
Lincare is a company with strong values working to improve the quality of life for our patients.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 21, 2016
I have enjoyed working with Lincare for many years. I am excited to see what is in store for the future of the company as the culture is changing and many positive things are happening. From an employee standpoint, I have recently seen enhancements to benefits as well as more open communication between upper management and personnel. The company for the first time is encouraging employees to give their opinions, express changes and new ideas they would like to see. The employee survey was the first step in this process.
From a company standpoint, Lincare has always been a leader in their field and standard of care. I love knowing we are helping patients live a better quality of life. Lincare is a great place to work and I'm confident things are only going to get better.
Micro Managed, Threats, and Unclear Directions
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 21, 2015
The best part of the job was the patients. This company needs to do some "soul-searching".The emails where the scary part. I got to see the inner workings of the company and the way the talk down to each other is quite amazing. Worst part was how big problems were swept under the rug and small issues would send a center into turmoil. Lies are secretly praised and truths are shameful. I would say that my time there was a good thing and bad thing. I learned better how to gauge people.
Not a place you want to work long term.
PAC - Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAAugust 28, 2016
Got laid off due to our dept was outsourced to Orlando FL. Worked there for 2 years. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, however, there was really no training. Rules were constantly changing. The pay was too low for the things you had to put up with as a collection agent. Also some of the managers have "favorites" who would gossip and spread lies and tell on you if they hear you carrying on private conversations with your co-workers. Some of the things they engage in, as far as billing is very very questionable and even unethical. Glad I don't work there anymore, I'm looking for a more professional and established company to grow with long term.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Favoritism, low pay, no training, Poor management
This place is horrible to work for!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 29, 2016
I worked for this company a little over a year. The manager was horrible to deal with! Regardless of what they tell you the manager does decide on who get what amount of a bonus they give quarterly and this manager dished out a fraction to the employees and kept the majority for himself!! There is no incentive for working for this company and their yearly raises are a JOKE at 1%! The benefits are so so and the hours were great but that wasn't enough to make me stay. They do not care about you. Upper management only cares about numbers and really they don't care how you get them. They don't care about their patients and they don't care about employees! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!!
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Everything about the company and management!!!
Sales Rep at Lincare
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, TNSeptember 15, 2016
A day in the life of Lincare was very stressful with sales numbers and quotas to meet each month. Was difficult at times living in small towns, with competitors and also in a competitive bid area. The rewarding part of the job was helping others with orders that were needed very quickly. As a very outgoing person, I am able to get along with all types of people of age, gender or race. Multi tasking is a major accomplishment of mine as a mother and is a great aspect to have in the workforce. The sales rep job was very busy with several things going on at one time so attention was needed in more than one area nearly all of the time.
Pros
Met so many amazing people. Learned many things in the medical field
Cons
Sales quotas monthly
Long work hours, no compensation for salaried employees working longer hours, good opportunity for advancement.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 17, 2015
Patient care was diminished due to medicare cutbacks, business run with least amount of employees to keep office running which created less time for good patient care. Employees not valued by the employer, employees not given the tools necessary to provide exceptional care to the patients which caused a lot of turnover. Managers not supported by upper management
Pros
excellent benefits, good dedicated coworkers.
Cons
poor upper management, patient care was not as important as the bottom line after acquisition by another company.
good
Technical Rep (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 14, 2016
They are good staff and hard working
Long hours too much over time
Co-workers are good
management changes periodically
The people were friendly
Pros
good working relationship
Cons
Long hours and weekend duties
a waste of my time
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ocala Waterway, FLJuly 2, 2016
cannot provide vehicle are you kidding me? wants me to use my vehicle and will not pay anything over 2000 miles a month..yeah right!! sign me up idiots!! I will use my vehicle to make you money and wear it out then have no vehicle and no job if it breaks after 24000 miles every year!! !! COMPLETE FREAKIN IDIOT!! even a mom aand pop dme provide vehicles.. and no pay for on call until you reach the pts home yeah right I drive without being paid or being paid to wait AT HOME because I am on call?/ no life no re-imbursement.
. insanity
run run run
do not work here!!
as a clinical practitioner

..IT ISNT WORTH IT!!
Pros
QUICK WAY TO BE COMITTED!!/
Cons
EVERYTHING ABOUT THESE BOTTOM FEEDERS!!
Growing company with great future
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Lincare is a growing company with a great future in the expanding home care industry. It supplies oxygen and other products and services to over 1 million patients with chronic respiratory conditions. So the commitment to patients is very strong, and an important part of the culture.

The company is improving as an employer by building a more employee-friendly culture, and operationally by rolling out new technology and tools that are improving efficiency and reducing costs.

Relatively new executive team has made a big difference, and is showing that they care about employees and making Lincare a place to have a long-term career.

Overall, this company is committed to being a good place to work, and it's making real progress in many areas.
Pros
Pride employees feel for their work and commitment to serving patients, senior management that is positively changing the culture and what the company offers employees, with a commitment to make Lincare a great place to work.
Cons
Fast paced change, outcomes are positive but it's important to learn quickly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8