Lincare Employee Reviews for Medical Services Manager

Horrible Company
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Management is horrible, they treat you awful. No support, no help, no training. High demands with no staff or training. Abusive work environment. You are nothing but a body that they can replace, they do not care about employees.
Cons
Poor Management
Terrible upper management
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 21, 2017
The people make this place horrible. Management/ corporate does not care about patients which makes it nearly impossible to properly take care of them as a center manager. They only care about sales.
Lack of corporate support
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 13, 2017
Company is so focused on numbers it didn't truly care about patient care. Upper management would not provide resources to facilitate the demand for patient need in regard for equipment. Lincare tries to buy other companies for market share regardless if the company takes a loss. In the process they expect the local center to clean up bad debt assumed through acquisition. Sales reps are ask to resolve issues outside of their scope. Corporate billing creates issues where the reps are not commissioned in a timely manner. Thus, the reps don't get paid.

Corporate looks at numbers while in the ivory tower, while not realizing what's actually needed in the valley (the local centers).

Very unprofessional company!!
would not recommend
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Monticello, AROctober 17, 2017
the most stressful and unorganized job I have ever worked at. upper management is not helpful and really does not even know what they are talking about.
very rewarding job
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 10, 2017
get paid to improve quality of life for so many.
room for advancement and company believes in promoting from within. Many qualified employees and proud of their jobs
Numbers driven
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 1, 2017
I managed an amazing team at this organization, however, the middle level and senior leadership we incredibly numbers drive- patients were numbers and that was it. Coming from a clinical background this was incredibly difficult for me and ethically as well. If you are sales driven and not clinically driven this for profit company is the company for you.
Very competitive
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, MESeptember 20, 2017
Not competitive to other companies, but also competitive with in the company. Lots of opportunity to grow, advance, etc, but must be willing to devote large amounts of time.
Long days
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 2, 2017
Days can be very long with overtime required for all positions. Required to be on call and available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. People who work for the company are friendly and most get along very well.
Pros
Job diversity
Cons
Long hours and days
If you are desperate
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJuly 18, 2017
You will never feel like you will have a job tomorrow. Pay is not great and the amount of overtime required means you will have no life outside of the company.
Run too lean with little support
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNJuly 17, 2017
I worked for Lincare for over 5 years. Started as a CSR and moved into a CM. Center Managers receive very little support and are expected to work 60-80 hours per week for very little pay. Managing staff with 10-20 hours of overtime each week is challenging. Turn over is constant and burn out is inevitable with their business model. Only the VERY dedicated stay over a year and mostly because they love the patients. Drink the cool aid and your fine, speak up and your sure to have compliance at your door.
Pros
Patients are amazing
Cons
Too much stress and job expectations are too high for little pay
Worst company in America.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 25, 2017
And Colorado is the worst of the worst. Don't waste your time. The management will not stand behind you, especially the managers from other states. Poor training, terrible support. They will throw you under the bus and it's your problem.
Pros
No longer work there.
Home Health Care Services
CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working with Hospitals, Assisted Livings, Nursing homes, rehab facilities and physician offices. The day to day tasks were to secure new referrals from the above mentioned businesses. I worked closely with activity directors, executive directors, case managers, physicians and Nurses. I was responsible for selling our services to these reverral sources.
Pros
Flexibility. Constantly changing environment
Cons
Owner
Fun, challenging, stable
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 11, 2017
Lincare is a fun but challenging place to work with the ever changing DME industry. They are a national leader in the industry offering stability. Normal business hours with weekends off and great benefits.
Fast paced team atmosphere.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKDecember 1, 2016
Very large corporation, tons of continuing education in every career field in the company. Goals were very realistic and attainable for most of the markets. Easily accessible to upper management for answers.
Pros
Advancement and bonus plans.
Cons
On call statuses for all staff.
Medical equipment company focused on the respiratory disease process
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 12, 2016
Managed employees and assisted them in their daily responsibilities to ensure it was completed in a timely manner. Marketed for new business and repair relationships that were destroyed by previous employees. Assisting in growth of the company.
Pros
Meeting new people and growing the business
Cons
Not much help given from the overheads when needed
Great company to work for!
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILJuly 7, 2016
Great company to work for!! I was able to grow from a sales rep to a center manager. Team environment with resources to help all who wish to advance their carreer!
Lincare offers excellent patient education
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 2, 2016
I am very proud of the work that I do at Lincare. I learn something new everyday with the changes in health care. The knowledge that I have picked up since my employment with Lincare has been a valuable asset to me. I have an excellent staff of 17 employees.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours in the day to complete all the goals I have set for that day. I enjoy working for a company that helps people live the best life possible while dealing with their disease.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Worst Company to work for
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 29, 2016
Any Rep beware, you will not be paid your commissions. From the top executives the culture is work everyone beyond reasonable and pay them as little as possible
Pros
Checking insurance to see if any durable medical equipment or oxygen will be covered by the specific insurance the patient is provided by.
Center Manager-Connie Moorman (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TexasSeptember 28, 2015
At first, I enjoyed it. I did have a really good trainer. Then when I realized that the center manager did not know how to perform her job duties, and would always have to ask my trainer for every little thing for example: Looking a number up for a different branch. This happened on a daily basis. Most of the day and everyday. It was so distracting that it actually kept my trainer from training me. The center manager had only became manager for two months prior when I started working there, and has never been a manager before nor did she have any prior training to become one. After I noticed this, she would have really bad mood swings and become hateful/rude at any given moment. This was on-going as well. She demeaned employees in front of patients, and the patients did take notice on this matter. One patient even expressed to me that he would be taking his business else where because of the center manager's attitude. I did bring this to her attention one on one in her office with the door shut. I told her how she is not acting professional in the workplace. I addressed that every time I asked her a question, she would tell me to go ask my trainer because she didn't know. She was constantly on her cell phone telling people she has had "A Sh*tty Day" in front of her employees. The morale was so bad you can cut the tension with a butter knife. I love getting up in the morning for work, but at this job I started dreading it the minute I was driving home from work knowing I had to do this all over again with the center manager. The service tech guys were all very nice and helpful.  more... After I did bring this to her attention, it seemed like things had gotten worse, it was like retaliation. So I decided to take it to upper management. This person lived in another state. I told him everything that had been going on and all he told me was he would do an investigation. He was not pleasant to speak with either. I was still open minded that things could change for the better so I still was giving it my all. When weeks went by I decided I will not be treated this way anymore. So I started looking for other employment.  less
Pros
Good Training/Nice service techs
Cons
Center Manager Should not have held this position at all
Really big on growth
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 17, 2015
As a company they are really big on the growth, which takes strong leadership to lead the market. With the leadership given you always want to succeed and be the number one in the market

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8