Lincare Employee Reviews for Patient Coordinator

i loved my job
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJanuary 3, 2018
i loved my job and the people i work with/for. there are really great opportunities there. the environment is terrific. month end can be stressful and you have to watch out for the occasional caddy women.
VERY BAD choice by Ultimate Medical Academy
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 7, 2017
I was given this clerical job by Ultimate Medical Academy. It was a very rotten choice. Linn care don't train, managers don't care and school sucked!!
Pros
Cons
Management and training
great place for starting out and learning
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 27, 2017
This is a good company to work for if you're just starting out and needing something to get under your belt. the pay is not what you would expect for the amount of work that you are given and expected to do. The benefits are absolutely terrible and there is no way around it. The manager/supervisor for my department is an EXCELLENT supervisor BUT the supervisors for other departments are terrible. There is also a lot of drama and whining and complaining that is just so negative and unbearable to work with on a daily basis. there are no repercussions for people's actions. there are some perks but there are WAY more cons than there are pros.
The Lincare way
Patient Account Coordinator - Medicare Trainer (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYNovember 10, 2017
When I worked for them I was always told it was the Lincare way when ever you had a question about the way things were done. Working with over 90 women in a very small cubicle makes for a stressful environment.
Pros
You get paid an hourly wage. You get breaks
Cons
You have to make up any time taken off, you get written up if sick even with a written doctors note.
Stressful
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 15, 2017
Too much work and not enough hours to get the job done. Many employees coming and leaving in short periods of time. Pay is much lower than other companies doing the same work.
Cons
Very Low Pay
Patient account coodinator
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 12, 2017
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. This place will lie to you about pay to get you hired and no body will help. If you are a male you will not be discriminated against and look over for advancement.
Pros
Cons
working here
Poor management
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2017
My coworkers are great including my a manager and supervisors. The upper management including corporate office does not treat their employees fairly. The pay also is not great for the work performed.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Overworked
The office was unprofessional and not a great place to work, but I learned a lot about the business.
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work was face paced and busy. I learned the ins and outs of working Medicare and Private insurance claims and appeals. The management was very difficult to work for, as they treated their employees very badly and were very unprofessional. The workplace culture was okay, but due to bad management or lack there of, it is a company with a very high turn over rate. The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep enough help to get work done, which resulted in very long days and a lot of overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful people I got to work with, that taught me so much.
Pros
Coworkers and experience
Cons
Managemnet, overall environment, pay
Worked here from 2012-2016
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 8, 2017
Constant micromanaging. They watch whatever you do. The office is a walking soap opera. They promote from within, but the person is not necessarily qualified to do the job. In my office, the manager was everybody's friend.
Pros
Not many. benefits were decent
Cons
Micromanaging
Very busy workplace, required to perform the job of multiple people
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAMay 30, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company. Things change on a regular basis. The overall rules for the company are valid, however there are several billing offices that have specific rules applied to them but if they are questioned then you will be reprimanded.
Just keep looking. Pass this by unless you are desperate
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 2, 2017
There is no responsibilities given to employees. Employees are treated like they are high school employees. Micro-managed with no trust given to employees regardless of their experience or abilities.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's just a job
Productive and Fun
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAApril 10, 2017
A typical day at Lincare is very fast paced, I learned a great deal about medical billing and coding, management was great, workplace culture was fun and energetic, the hardest part of my job was Monthly Closing Days, and the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Professional Environment
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 22, 2017
Its a company where there is opportunity to learn so much. Never a dull day. a full workload with deadlines to keep you moving. its not the same thing everyday so you get the opportunity to think and problem solve.Great place to begin your career.
Pros
take your breaks when you want to
Cons
wish there was more overtime
Productivity
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 16, 2017
The hardest part of the job for me is sitting all day and working with 2 computer screens. I work with audits and adjustments for Medicare. The most enjoyable would be if I get to help a patient.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Too much and not enough
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 28, 2017
Managers had no idea how to run the company. No room for advancement. Guidelines are not followed as they should be. Giving advice is not an option.
Great employees aren't valued
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 6, 2017
This company does not care about hard work done for them or the customers they serve. Its all about money and the employee doesn't even benefit from it.
Fast pace, with lots of work to be done
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest, VAJanuary 11, 2017
You come to work and you work an aging report starting with the acct with the highest A/R then work your way to the lowest acct each month. I did learn a lot about insurance and using different systems. I also learned how to manage time with it being such a high volume of work on a daily basis.The hardest part about the job is staying on top of your work with getting more work pilled on you daily. The co-workers are also an enjoyable part of the job, I really enjoyed the people in my department.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Work load, management
Awful place to work
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 8, 2016
This company is horrible. The only pro working here was my coworkers. We all worked together well and helped each other out. Management, however, was horrible. There was a lot of retaliation, especially when you went to another supervisor for help even if you're supervisor was out. And the company has terrible business practices. They would bill patients before the insurance would pay, and if the insurance ended up not paying, you would get in trouble for crediting the patients back or writing off their balance. Compliance was beat into your brain but never practiced, and many times completely ignored. They do not care if you have a family, they expect to be number one even if you have a sick child that needs to be taken care of. And they certainly do not pay you enough to afford any kind of back up sitter. I put in my two weeks and was let go two days later. They constantly changed their procedures even when numbers showed when something would work really well to benefit the company. I appreciated the fact that I was given the experience to do medical billing and it set me up for a much better job in the same field, but that is all Lincare seems to be.....a stepping stone and a revolving door. Employees end up leaving because the company ignores all the issues and they do not pay enough for the work you have to do. Many employees are given the work of 3-4 people and are expected to do it at the same pay rate they got hired at. And forget training, you are not given much training and thrown into the work and then talked down to when you mess up or ask too many questions. Half  more... the supervisors don't even know how to do their employees job and are calling and emailing their employees for help to do their own jobs. The company is only worried about making money, even if it means doing so illegally and ripping off their patients. Forget that this company sells oxygen, mainly to older people who live on social security or a fixed income. If Lincare can find a way to take your money, they will at any cost.  less
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, benefits, time off, management
Love a hard challenge
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GANovember 10, 2016
Love figuring out the problem with the claims and why the insurance company didn't pay. You learned something new everyday. It made my mind very strong
Motivational and Educational
Sales Representative /Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 14, 2016
Best Training I have ever experienced at a place of work. There is a long educational period with multiple trips out of state for training, enabling me to be quite confident regarding my material.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9