Lincare Employee Reviews for Respiratory Therapist

Good workplace
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 29, 2017
Lincare provides good platform for health care professionals and others that enjoy helping and caring for those with medical issues. It can be a stressful environment at time but also very rewarding .
Pros
Good group of co workers
Cons
Stressful at times
Loved working in a homecare environment
Office Manager/Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 29, 2017
Loved the part of the job that allowed me to go out to customer's houses and help them. Did not like the fact that I had to do presentations and pay for them upfront and then get reimbursed. Pretty hard to do as a single mother. Did not like the fact that I was always getting good input from my manager about the good job I was doing and even moved the company and at the end of that day, my manager from out of state came in without notice and told me that they were closing my position and absorbing it with another facility and that person had been there longer. This was done two weeks before Christmas. Not very nice for the holidays with a single mother with young child.
Chaos at all levels of management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 15, 2017
No training whatsoever, not even one hour face to face as an RT, videos are from the 1980's, computers archaic. Can get written up or even fired for something you did months before. Customers/patients can be ornery because billing dept is horrible as well as CPAP supply dept. sends them wrong supplies and they bring them into a center wanting correct supplies when centers don't carry any supplies. Worst thing is going to "homes" that are scary. Being on call sucks because you can't leave the area and are not paid for that.
Pros
Pay is OK
Cons
You can get fired for anything. ...even on your own time (traffic ticket)
love working for the company, the people are friendly and the regard everyone as equal.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 7, 2017
lincare is a great place to work. I will recommend it for any one. it accommodate their workers by giving a helping hand in time of need. the only thing I notice about the place is lack of trust and gossip. apart from that I loved my job and wish to continue working for the company. but unfortunately I had to leave for other personal reasons. I wish to get my job back
Pros
good and comfortable place to work
Cons
gossip
High expectations without providing adequate support or staffing
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2017
Reimbursements have been cut dramatically. The company desperately trying to increase revenues but at the expense of its employees. Employees are expected to drive their own cars without full reimbursement for mileage. Multiple employees have either quit or were fired in the last few months without being replaced leaving the remaining staff with little to no support.
Pros
Enjoy the patients and the local manager is helping the remaining staff to do the best job possible.
Cons
Have to drive my own car without adequate reimbursement
Lincare Review
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2017
It was a good place to work except for the management. The job itself was very easy. It was not a challenging place to work and you could schedule your own patients. That was very nice. The management was another story. The culture was not a positive place to work either.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
management
Would not recommend
Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJune 23, 2017
This company does not care about the patients. They only care about numbers. As a RT, you are supposed to go to the patients home and look for ways to drum up business. For example, if the patient has an inhaler laying on the table, you are supposed to talk them into getting a neb order from their physician, even if the patient can effectively use the inhaler, management wants you to document that they cannot so you can get a neb order, thus false documenting and putting licence on the line. The managent also thinks everyone needs a home vent because that makes them lots of $$$. As an RT, you know which patients will benefit from NHV, but your expert opinion doesn't matter when it's such a big money maker for the company.

You are also expected to be on call. At this location, you are on call for 2 centers. You do not receive a dime for being on call, unless you receive a call. Them, they pay you for only 15 minutes, unless you have to go to the home.

Overall, it comes down to money at this company. It does not value its patients. It definitely does not value the expert opinions of it's clinicians. Would never recommend.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Pretty much everything
Home Healthcare
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 28, 2017
The typical day was going out to patients homes and setting up different Respiratory equipment also while doing assessments on patients. The workplace culture was alright as there were only 6-8 people on staff in the office while working there. However, the office manager changed 4 times while I was employed there during the one year.
Great place to work.
LPN / Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Trinidad, CO, Pueblo, CO.February 10, 2017
I loved working for Lincare, I actually worked for them twice. They were like family and the leadership team was top notch. I highly recommend Lincare to anyone looking for a job.
Dme company
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 5, 2017
Needs better training and higher management only looks at number, not much else. Also would be better if they would hire enough staff. Loved the office staff that I worked with.
fun place to work
(RESPIRATORY THERAPIST)- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 29, 2016
lincare was a good place to work. they received me as part of their family, taught me what i needed to know and how to commute around . i enjoyed working for lincare. it is a great place to work.
Pros
sometimes free lunches or breakfast
poductive and a busy place to work
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 28, 2016
came every morning to the office, put information about pt on the computer, call pt to make appt during the week, greeting pt in the office to s/u BPAP or CPAP machines. Going out to the pt houses to deliver respiratory equipment and teach the pt on how to use it.
Also educated the pt on how to use the respiratory meds and the neb machine etc.
Pros
free lunches some times
Cons
no comissions.
lincare
Resgister Respiratory Therapist and Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 15, 2016
I did a start up for them in Grand Junction. Open a new store and was the sales person along with the respiratory therapist.
This company is not worth your time or efforts in applying here, or being employed here.
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 21, 2016
I was fired after three weeks worked at this company(two prior to start date and one week worked) for NO GOOD REASON, I should have read the reviews prior to acceptance of this low-level job. HR should have done their job PRIOR to offering me this job. When you are signing the beginning paperwork, one of the papers states that you won't sue them, wow, I wish I hadn't signed that! Like the one therapist states ' if you WANT to lose you license, then work here'. After this HR blunder, it makes me 'non-rehireable'. WHAT? I have absolutely NOOOO checkmarks against my license and I have been in Respiratory since 1982 and this is what I get? Look elsewhere for employment, and I mean ELSEWHERE.........
Pros
Close to Home and THAT IS ALL!!!!!!
Cons
Everything else, This company should stop what it's doing in the Healthcare business.
Fired for taking maternity leave --
Full-time Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Notified one week before going out on maternity leave that company policy is to fire those who go out on short term disability and re hire them after. This results in loss of health insurance --so I had no health insurance for the birth of my baby. Would not recommend working here if you have any ethics as staff will alter overnight oximetries and push through CPAP Rxs just to get more business--they could care less that the patients didn't need oxygen/CPAP all is about the numbers. Don't risk your RT license by working there!
Cons
Unethical
Required overtime
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 31, 2015
Awful company to work for. Was fired because I reported something unethical and the company was afraid of Medicare finding out.
good place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed the caring of my patients and building a relationship. I looked forward to seeing them every other day; however, I furthered my career by going to school to become a Respiratory Therapist.
Take the good with the bad
Health Care Specialist/ Reg Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHAugust 3, 2014
Management is not supportive for employees. Things change on a daily basis.
Pros
At times can be Flexiable
Cons
On Call
Interesting Place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport wvJuly 30, 2014
Interesting Place to work, days go by fast. A Lot of work to get done.
Stable Company
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 2, 2014
Lincare had a strong corporate foundation. The environment was good but managing the workload was overwhelming because of the large pool of patients, trying to balance between walk in, previously scheduled, and stat visits with distant driving...
Pros
Stable Company
Cons
Unmanageable, poor salary base

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8