Lincare Employee Reviews

Not positive
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 10, 2017
The work environment at Lincare is not something I would ever do again. Sadly the positivity is very small and a lot of people are quite unhappy. Management does not show a care for the employee, and does not take opportunity to stand up for or defend employees when needed.

Never again
fun place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 11, 2017
Good place to work, good benefits, and safe place to work.
care for all their patients , company now is Nation wide and that helps their patients get service every where they travel.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
they need Managers in all their locations in the Dallas area
Bad company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MnSeptember 29, 2016
I worked for Lincare as a sales representative for about 6 months. And I quit due to pay issues. First sales representative work for a flat rate salary and commissions. And that in itself isn't the best. Then you are required to use your own personal car and are only reimbursed for u to 1600 miles at a rate of .37 cents then from there up to 2000 miles at a rate of .17 cents. And if you drive over that it all comes out of your own pocket. And I was driving close to 3000 a month. So basically just donating my time and money to the company. Then Lincare required that you have a company credit card with American Express. And if the company didn't pay the card on time you would get stuck paying the charges and late fee.
When I quit Lincare in July 2016 I turned in my card and sent in all expenses with the thought it would be paid. Now 2 months later I received a bill from American express of close to $200 in unpaid balance and late fees. Which also has made a negative impact on my credit report even though it was a company card.
Very, very unhappy with the whole experience of Lincare. And when I've tried to contact Lincare about this all I get us the run around.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great company to learn the customer service basics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 8, 2016
Good job to get initial customer service, and medical field experience. However this company has poor upper management, and no raises or advancement the turn over rate is very extremely high, as well as unrealistic expectations with no incentives to look forward too. The most enjoyable part of my experience with the this company is being able to help patients in need and help make life just a tad bit easier for them.
Pros
Weekends & Major Holidays off
Cons
left in office alone a lot to deal with clients and accounts, poor upper management
Aweful place to work
Healthcare specialist/delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I worked at Lincare as Healthcare Specialist / Driver....YES BOTH POSITIONS. I was expected to do the duties of BOTH positions. There was one other driver and that was it. When that driver left, I worked regular hours AND on call for 12 STRAIGHT WEEKS. 24/7 for TWELVE WEEKS. I was sexually harassed by a fellow employee and nothing was done. HR called him and told him I reported him. I was then written up for minor offenses until I left.
When I was hired there, I was expected to work with the mess of work the last healthcare specialist left, which was impossible. Complete disorganization.
Pros
Lots of OT
Cons
everything else
Team Lead
Team Lead CCSR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2017
My immediate supervisor was great, but management up the ladder constantly meddled in our office, instead of allowing us to do our job, which created more unnecessary work for the teams.
Pros
Nice office environment
Cons
Too many cheifs not enough indians
n/a
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 16, 2017
Honestly - I am doing the work of 2 people - I enjoy the work I do - but not the not with the company I work for. Not enough compensation for the work load I have.
Over worked under appreciated
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2016
Are expected to work 7 days a week no time for family. Low pay un reasonable expectations. Management works very little and hires friends giveing special treatment
Benefits
Cons
No time for family or personal life
Lincare
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2017
They loose 4 out of 5 orders sent by Physician's office............ a very unorganized office where I would make sales two doctors and Physicians and hospitals we're four to five times we would lose the order once I sold it
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very unorganized
Too much and not enough
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 28, 2017
Managers had no idea how to run the company. No room for advancement. Guidelines are not followed as they should be. Giving advice is not an option.
Worst Job Ever
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSMarch 13, 2017
When hired was told several things that were not true after being with the company. I had to pay my own money for luncheons, trainings, and other things required to do the job. The reimbursments were almost impossible to manage. I was required to stay at the office which made it hard to do my job since I needed to do office visits and log each one. The 2 week training felt more like boot camp as we were not aloud to see our family at all. The pay is terrible and it takes too long to build a broken territory to earn commission. I would not recommend this job to my worse enemy.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job
New regime
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 8, 2016
If left to own devices the job is a breeze,since the new regime came in the position is more stressful and less enjoyable

Never knowing what type of dialer at the start of the day is the first challenge.

Management have little concern for the workers.

Co-workers are generally good.

The hardest part of the job is the stress caused by team leads
Awful place to work
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 8, 2016
This company is horrible. The only pro working here was my coworkers. We all worked together well and helped each other out. Management, however, was horrible. There was a lot of retaliation, especially when you went to another supervisor for help even if you're supervisor was out. And the company has terrible business practices. They would bill patients before the insurance would pay, and if the insurance ended up not paying, you would get in trouble for crediting the patients back or writing off their balance. Compliance was beat into your brain but never practiced, and many times completely ignored. They do not care if you have a family, they expect to be number one even if you have a sick child that needs to be taken care of. And they certainly do not pay you enough to afford any kind of back up sitter. I put in my two weeks and was let go two days later. They constantly changed their procedures even when numbers showed when something would work really well to benefit the company. I appreciated the fact that I was given the experience to do medical billing and it set me up for a much better job in the same field, but that is all Lincare seems to be.....a stepping stone and a revolving door. Employees end up leaving because the company ignores all the issues and they do not pay enough for the work you have to do. Many employees are given the work of 3-4 people and are expected to do it at the same pay rate they got hired at. And forget training, you are not given much training and thrown into the work and then talked down to when you mess up or ask too many questions. Half  more... the supervisors don't even know how to do their employees job and are calling and emailing their employees for help to do their own jobs. The company is only worried about making money, even if it means doing so illegally and ripping off their patients. Forget that this company sells oxygen, mainly to older people who live on social security or a fixed income. If Lincare can find a way to take your money, they will at any cost.  less
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, benefits, time off, management
Dme company
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 5, 2017
Needs better training and higher management only looks at number, not much else. Also would be better if they would hire enough staff. Loved the office staff that I worked with.
Health Care Specialist/LPN (Current Employee) –  Murphysboro, ILMarch 4, 2017
Productive and enjoyable workplace. Teamwork A plus. Many opportunities for career advancement and long term plan for employment. Good place.
Enjoyed my position but poor upper management
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 23, 2017
Home infusion pharmacy was great and I enjoyed working for Lincare. Upper management was poor--minimal communication, poorly structured, did not really "manage."
Great group of ladies
Medicare pac (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 7, 2016
Working environment motivated no room for advancement I like working here just need a change and believe a new place to grow..
Pros
Positive employer
Cons
No room for advancement
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Obtained information by contacting appropriate personnel or patients. AS400 Knowledge. Pulled charts, typed medical orders, consolidated diverse medical records. Followed-up with insurance companies and individuals to resolve discrepancies. Maintained complete confidentiality in accordance with the organization and legal requirements. Kept department clean, organized and professional. Conceptualized and implemented new and more efficient filing system. Maintained 100% compliance with all hospital and government regulations.
Terrible place to work
Upfront Review Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 6, 2017
They don't care about their employees, they lie, we were forced to work without bathrooms or running water on several occasions. They truly don't care
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, time off
Lincare and its affiliates are a nightmare to work for
Respiratry Therapist (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 6, 2016
This company is a J.O.K.E.!!!! Management is typically non-clinical which leaves your clinical support staff with NO support when they need it. You have little to no chance of advancement unless you know how to kiss the right backside. Experience and skills mean nothing and if you have a family, just say your goodbyes now. Lincare does not care about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8