Lincare Employee Reviews

A great opportunity to help others
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 7, 2015
print p.o.'s, check current emails, print scheduling for the week, work up routing for service reps., supervise current service reps., incoming/outgoing phones, manage all incoming and out going portable conc.
Hardest part of this job was keeping up with any/all changes to policy due to lack of communication from the corp. offices.
Best part of this job was working with the patients and making their quality of life better.
Pros
Great opportunity to enhance other peoples lives
Cons
lack of communication from the corporate sector
I enjoyed working for this company as it utilized by communication skill set.
Marketing/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CaliforniaSeptember 2, 2015
Educating doctor offices, hospitals, case managers and the community about health related programs. Responsible in putting together in-services pertaining to Respiratory Care. Worked inputting information on patients into computer data base. Marketed Doctors offices, Hospitals, Clinics and other entities on a daily basis. I facilitated many organizational clubs in the community and implemented companies programs.
Pros
This job opportunity enhanced my communication skill set and developed my marketing skills.
Cons
Sales were based off commission.
Very fast paced and high stress environment.
Medical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 1, 2015
I answered phones and handled all the patients insurance verifications, proggress notes ti see if the patient even qualifies for Oxygen, Sleep Apnea units, Suction machines and Enteral feedings.
Busy work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Their was a turn over rate and staff shortages at Lincare which delayed training. Once staffing was balanced work distribution became easier and we were able to provide better services as a team to both clients and patients.
Pros
Family friendly, great benefits
Cons
some turn over
Great Company
Route Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale Fl.August 24, 2015
But will not budge on the pay. We all work with many variety of people and under very demanding situations. But the pay scale is very low for qualifications I personally have.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Not many raises
Family orientated company
Private Insurance Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 19, 2015
Great company to work for. I learned a great deal of client interaction and computer skills. I had a lot of face to face interaction with clients along with telephone skills.
Really big on growth
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 17, 2015
As a company they are really big on the growth, which takes strong leadership to lead the market. With the leadership given you always want to succeed and be the number one in the market
Long work hours, no compensation for salaried employees working longer hours, good opportunity for advancement.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 17, 2015
Patient care was diminished due to medicare cutbacks, business run with least amount of employees to keep office running which created less time for good patient care. Employees not valued by the employer, employees not given the tools necessary to provide exceptional care to the patients which caused a lot of turnover. Managers not supported by upper management
Pros
excellent benefits, good dedicated coworkers.
Cons
poor upper management, patient care was not as important as the bottom line after acquisition by another company.
unfair to employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXAugust 16, 2015
unreasonable on employees training. next to no actual training. income doesn't meet stress level.
the work itself is rewarding.
I loved the multi projects and deadlines
Insurance Consultant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaAugust 9, 2015
Lincare .... Work hours were 7 am to 6 pm I would have spreadsheets to complete from Financial Hardships, Probates and collections calls. When I was in charges of dong the spreadsheets for the 5 employees which would range from 6 to 8 reports depending on how fast they got thru them. I would motivate my group by lunch a month.

The hardest part was when we starting doing the Dial-er to call patients to make payments on their accounts. It was hard to stick with the script when the patients needed help to understand why they have a balance.

What I love the most was being able to help the patients understand the balance and their insurance benefits. I like to look at the whole picture and resolved the issues for all parties. People who are sick get overwhelmed with all the bills and when you help them look at it a different way then the bills are not so big. I got patients to chip at their balances each month and I would call them each month for the payment and tell them how well they were doing. Customer Service is needed in the medical field no matter what the situation.
Pros
Overtime
Enjoyable play to work and supportive management.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 9, 2015
As a sales representative at Lincare I make sales calls to healthcare providers within my territory. I also make sales calls to hospitals as well. I cover several cities within my territory and enjoy what I do and the interactions I have with my referral sources.
Pros
I am independent in making calls in my territory.
Cons
It is difficult to advance from sales into upper management, because of the limited area manager positions, It is difficult to jump through Medicare requirements for healthcare.
Company doesn't care about employees
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 4, 2015
I worked with great people at Lincare but overall this is a poorly ran company with terrible policies. The only focus is money, money, money. They have no regard for employees personal lives and over work everyone.
Pros
They provide uniforms
Cons
Too many hours, on call is terrible.
the work was good and I enjoyed my position and job duties
Cash Application Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2015
The working environment was never good too many females in one location. Non stop arguing and very stressful as far as the Supervisors they were very nonprofessional. Most of the employees were looking for employment in other companies. The office Manager got fired because she didn't put a stop to the craziness
Pros
easy access to work
Cons
nonprofessional environment
a typical work day
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2015
A data coordinator deals with being able to multi-task. I do a lot of entering in rx orders (prescriptions), filing, faxing, emailing information to reps, and making copies. I also call doctor offices if we need additional information to be able to ship out diabetic supplies to patients. I read chart notes with the understanding of doctor terminology to make sure the chart notes get approved through Medicare. Chart notes are only necessary if patients are testing their blood sugars more than the allowable of what Medicare will pay for. Sometimes I may speak with patients if needing to explain why Medicare denied their request for the extra diabetic supplies.
Bad Culture
Patient Services Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
Unfortunately the organization was in financial hardship. It was just a matter of time before it closed down. There was some hard working people that cared for the staff and the patients.
Pros
Some of the employees
Cons
Upper management
Great people to work with
Medicaid Representative (Former Employee) –  texarkana, txJuly 27, 2015
Monthly goals have to be meet..... raises were terrible
good benefits... that's the only reason I stayed for 9 yrs
they hired people in making more money and corporate
didn't want to make it right
Worst company to work for!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 25, 2015
I worked as a sales rep for this company for about 6 months. When interviewed, I was totally mislead, my paperwork was messed up, I was told that I would have a few hundred doctors, and be making awesome money in no time. Little did the tell me that the other rep has all of the consistent referring sources in my area and I only had the leftovers. I was setup for failure from day one and my management told me I wouldn't ever get them. The turnover rate was extremely high, I was the 6-8th rep coming through in the last few years, was told by physicians that they provide no follow through or follow up and that's why they don't refer. Management and area management is very unprofessional, speaks sexually of other reps in the area and is very shady. They expect you to make 24k/year, no chance of commission, and then tell you that it's required to do 2-3 lunches per week when they won't reimburse in a timely fashion, try 3-4 months for reimbursement and that's after torturing you with constant paperwork to be approved and reapproved because they continuously lose it. It's a horrible company, no appreciation for their employees and all about the almighty dollar. They'll do what it takes to make the money, unethical or not, and they'll find reasons to let someone go even if they have to accuse them of falsifying documents when they know it didn't really happen just so they can try to keep from paying unemployment. Whatever you do, DON'T go to work for them, you will regret it in a short amount of time. Stay away!!!
Pros
There are none!!!!
Cons
No reimbursement, will lie about things employees did to keep them from paying unemployment, poor management, unethical and unprofessional, no respect for employees
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Blasdell, NYJuly 24, 2015
I enjoy working in the office assistance field. One of my greatest skills is working with computers as well as communication skills. Also, I enjoy the challenges my boss gives me by giving me assignments that let my creativity and organizational skills flow.
I work in a busy health insurance office and love keeping a whole office of people happy by helping them out with whatever they need done.
Worst company I've ever worked for in my life!!!!Run Far Far away!!!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 23, 2015
In my year and half with this company I can not believe the things I saw go down and what I experienced!!! There is no training for managers and you are set up for failure from the beginning! Every setup eventually will be a pickup, there is more work than staff, so much paperwork you can't even keep up with and your lucky to even get equipment for your patients and if you do its nasty or broken down I've seen service reps just wipe them down and deliver them and this is what they give to sick patients?Centers are left with hardly anyone and you have to fill every position with no excuses of not growing your business!! Sales rep salary is dirt and they have to fight to get their commission mine walked away without being paid thousands!! Not to mention you will be threatened every week by upper management they push managers to the point of stroke level and when you do the right thing it's the wrong thing to them!!! I could type for days on how bad this company is trust the reviews this is just not an angry employee this is someone that has been on the inside!!! It's terrible very stressful, hostile environment!!!!.. so glad I'm gone!!! A business that has an F with the BBB needs to be shut down!!!!
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helping the population find their DME
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 20, 2015
Answer the phones and be the front line of the center. Deal with walk-in clients. Schedule setups for new clients, add-ons for existing clients, and pick ups for clients who have expired.
Pros
Center management is easy to work with
Cons
Training